• 55 results
redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By redcream

Poll Does gore in games bother you? (167 votes)

Yes 10%
No 90%
 • 
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Gratuitous gore for specific scenes in games that don't otherwise have any can feel out of place and cheap but whatever. Video game gore isn't doing much for me. Realistic looking gore in movies though that's a different story.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By EarthBowl

Varying on how "gore" is presented and utilized to emphasize some sort of point is what determines it for me. Gears of War does a fantastic use of gore, making it completely secondary only to serve as a spectacle. Other games like dead space which have it be a narrative device is questionable because it raising the use of gore as a "crutch" to make the story seem more meaningful. Personally, i couldn't care less about gore, and enjoy it being used for ridiculous reasons.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

It only bothers me when the pieces that fall out look like they wouldn't be able to fit all of it in the body you just destroyed.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Hell no, I revel in it.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistic gore is just a neutral to negative at this point. I don't like autopsy centric TV shows either.

The blood and death thing usually does not bother me if it is done in a detached and non-realistic way, but what I'm realistically looking for feedback vs. aim. If random green spots is the thing, whatever, but just making it gross is off putting.