Dragon Age: Origins sucks....

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dilllweeddude

i havent been able to play it more then an hour at a time before getting bored. Who else feels this way? no one i kno has played it.

Cows_R_Crunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cows_R_Crunk

Are there other fantasy RPGs that you like? Maybe you just don't like that type of game in general. That being said, I love Origins.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@dilllweeddude said:
" i havent been able to play it more then an hour at a time before getting bored. Who else feels this way? no one i kno has played it. "
Why do you get bored? Why not provide examples instead of just saying " IT sucks" 
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By sameeeeam

Perhaps it's just not to your taste?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I love Origins, too but perhaps you need more active games.  Have you tried Elder Scrolls Oblivion?  Then again, that's a very open world game and can leave you wondering what to do next.  Maybe you should try The Witcher.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By EuanDewar

Im going to go by your profile picture and say its probably not your style, if it isn't clicking with you don't bother with it, just move on to something else.

Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

Was there a point to this post (other than bitching and flamebaiting)?

You don't like it?  Here's the world's smallest violin playing the world's saddest song just for you.  Get over it.  Also, the game is a year and a half old by now.  If you couldn't figure out whether or not you'd like it in that time, well...
dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dilllweeddude
@LordCmdrStryker: wow, haha bitch much?
dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dilllweeddude

i usually play shooter war types so i was testing outside what i usually play... recommendations would be great.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dancinginfernal

Considering what you're coming from, I'd start with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion as stated above. It's graphics are a bit dated but nothing too unbearable. It's fairly basic in terms of gameplay elements and is a great RPG.

If you still want shooting, Mass Effect (the first) masterfully balances shooting and RPG mechanics. Just a note, you start out totally uneducated in using any guns so don't expect to gun down everything like nothing.
Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Buscemi
@dilllweeddude: Wow, classy. Most of the people I know loved the game and I'd say it's twice the game its sequel is. Then again, maybe that's more to your liking, considering it's a little bit more action-oriented.
Cows_R_Crunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cows_R_Crunk

I second the recommendation for Mass Effect. Just be ready to listen to lots of conversations.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sameeeeam
@dilllweeddude said:

" i usually play shooter war types so i was testing outside what i usually play... recommendations would be great. "

I think Mass Effect might be a better fit for you. It plays pretty much like a third-person shooter with a choice-based storytelling structure similar to DA:O's latched on top. Unless you've already played it? 

EDIT: You might enjoy Fallout 3 and/or Fallout: New Vegas as well, if you're willing to look past all their technical deficiencies.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aronman789

I'd say go Mass Effect.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GJSmitty
@Aronman789 said:
" I'd say go Mass Effect. "
This
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By FancySoapsMan

So does your taste in games.

dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dilllweeddude
@Underachiever007: too scary already tired (fallout)
dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dilllweeddude
@FancySoapsMan:  so does your icon, creep
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I agree with you OP. I love RPGs and I love Bioware...but Dragon Age Origins is boring as crap. 

Mainly for me it's the gameplay and artstyle. Everyone is way outta proportion.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By AlexW00d

HEY DUDE, HOW ABOUT YOU GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY, I BET THAT'S RIGHT UP YOUR STREET.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@dilllweeddude: How did Fallout scare you that much? It can be very creepy at times if you go into the wrong places (DO NOT GO IN THAT SCHOOL I AM TELLING YOU, DON'T DO IT) but if you stick to the main story it shouldn't be too bad. Also, this is coming from someone who couldn't handle playing more than 30 minutes of Dead Space and couldn't handle Bioshock. If I can do it, anyone can.
behelit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By behelit

Sorry brah, but if you're into Bro Ops you don't have the mental capacity to play awesome rpgs.  It's not a bash either - it's just the truth.  Try another mindless FPS.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @dilllweeddude: How did Fallout scare you that much? It can be very creepy at times if you go into the wrong places (DO NOT GO IN THAT SCHOOL I AM TELLING YOU, DON'T DO IT) but if you stick to the main story it shouldn't be too bad. Also, this is coming from someone who couldn't handle playing more than 30 minutes of Dead Space and couldn't handle Bioshock. If I can do it, anyone can. "
Oh and here is a handy tip, keep spamming the VATS button! Seriously, if you do it once in while you can make sure nothing comes up and scares you.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Skytylz
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @dilllweeddude: How did Fallout scare you that much? It can be very creepy at times if you go into the wrong places (DO NOT GO IN THAT SCHOOL I AM TELLING YOU, DON'T DO IT) but if you stick to the main story it shouldn't be too bad. Also, this is coming from someone who couldn't handle playing more than 30 minutes of Dead Space and couldn't handle Bioshock. If I can do it, anyone can. "
I thought Fallout 3 was more depressing than scary, those grays would get to me sometimes.  
Tobli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tobli

DA:O is a bit intense for someone who isn't already into the genre i guess.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By l4wd0g
@EuanDewar said:
" Im going to go by your profile picture and say its probably not your style, if it isn't clicking with you don't bother with it, just move on to something else. "
all first person shooters are essentially a point and click adventure... just more reflexes less thinking.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By crusader8463

You are wrong.

dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dilllweeddude
@NekuSakuraba:  the anticipation gets to me. and i finished dead space and i have no clue how i managed tht....idk what the VATS button is...
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
Oh and here is a handy tip, keep spamming the VATS button! Seriously, if you do it once in while you can make sure nothing comes up and scares you. "
Vats sucked in Fallout New Vegas. 
dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dilllweeddude
@behelit:  im not only into mindless games... i just dont like wasting time with loooonnngggg pointless conversation.... like i play tomb raider.... it tht counts as a sort of logical game...
dragonface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dragonface

I don't exactly trust people with "weed" in their names.

But really, try Mass Effect.

Avatar image for boneykingofnowhere
boneykingofnowhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not hardcore into RPG's. I enjoyed the original but it didn't manage to hold my interest long enough for me to finish it. I liked the sequel better. Gameplay was a little more involved and the story was 10 times more interesting.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic

ok blops boy

dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dilllweeddude
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I agree with you OP. I love RPGs and I love Bioware...but Dragon Age Origins is boring as crap. 

"
thank you! finally.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@dilllweeddude said:
" @behelit:  im not only into mindless games... i just dont like wasting time with loooonnngggg pointless conversation.... like i play tomb raider.... it tht counts as a sort of logical game... "
Its not pointless at all. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By penguindust

Ease up folks, no need to get nasty.

In addition to the two I already suggested and the above mentioned Fallout and Mass Effect games, you might want to look at Borderlands and Deus Ex.  For the latter, you might want to wait for the newest sequel later this year since the original, while great, has some very dated graphics.  Another possibility is something more "Zelda-like" such as Nier or Darksiders.  Finally there is the loot-whore games like Diablo 2, Titanquest, Torchlight and Sacred 2
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@dilllweeddude said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" I agree with you OP. I love RPGs and I love Bioware...but Dragon Age Origins is boring as crap. 

"
thank you! finally. "
Yay, you have one person who agrees with you.  YOU ARE NOW FULFILLED. 
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@dilllweeddude said:

" @NekuSakuraba:  the anticipation gets to me. and i finished dead space and i have no clue how i managed tht....idk what the VATS button is... "

VATS is the game mechanic in Fallout 3 and New Vegas which pauses the game and lets you aim for certain parts of the enemies button. By pressing it VATS will lock onto the nearest enemy is there is once so it helps out with not knowing what is close by. But I agree with @Skytylz: it is a very sad game. You know, come to think of it, Fallout 3 did scare me a lot but I still finished it because I loved it so much.. (one of my favourite games ever)

Anyway try out these more ''action'' focused RPGs you might enjoy -

Dragon Age 2 (A lot more action focused than this)

Have Fun!
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
Oh and here is a handy tip, keep spamming the VATS button! Seriously, if you do it once in while you can make sure nothing comes up and scares you. "
Vats sucked in Fallout New Vegas.  "
Haven't played New Vegas yet (still have it boxed up) but I don't get the hate on New Vegas, isn't it more Fallout 3? (and yes, that is a good thing)
MrMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrMo
@dilllweeddude:  If your interested in RPGs and you own a DS the only serious answer is pokemon. It is barebones in the story department and introduces you to a lot of really basic fundamental rpg ideas. Or if you don't have a DS get costume quest.

If you don't want a traditional style rpg and want more action in your life, go for a Fable game. Fable two being the best I would start there.
oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oysteinBrenne
@dilllweeddude:  Judging by your picture you seem to be a casual console gamer.
I would recomend you stick to call of duty. If you really want to play another gener maby try out world of warcraft or farmville that might be more suited for you.
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShaggE
@behelit said:

" Sorry brah, but if you're into Bro Ops you don't have the mental capacity to play awesome rpgs.  It's not a bash either - it's just the truth.  Try another mindless FPS. "

I thought BlOps was enjoyable, yet Planescape: Torment is one of my favorite games. 

Not all FPS fans are dudebros and preteens. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you guys like to think you're not the same as every other internet community out there. You're just as much a bunch of cunts as anyone else.

Someone who hasn't got a huge amount of exposure to games wants to expand and try out some other shit, and you tell them to fuck off and play CoD because they're too stupid to play anything else. Nice one.

(Not everyone in this topic has done that. Kudos to those that didn't)
oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oysteinBrenne
@ShaggE: that is true but mr weed dude here is just another casual cod gamer that only wants heavly scripted action games and does not like to read or listen to alot of story or cutscenes
dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dilllweeddude
@oysteinBrenne:  i dont mind light reading but if reading outweighs the action then tht makes it boring.
*mrs.
no need for you to be a unnecessary dick
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oysteinBrenne said:

" @ShaggE: that is true but mr weed dude here is just another casual cod gamer that only wants heavly scripted action games and does not like to read or listen to alot of story or cutscenes "

So why not try and help to open their eyes to games that may bridge that gap and introduce them to different areas of gaming? They already said they played through Dead Space 2. That's a start.
Looking at the achievements, they've also played a decent amount of:
Assassin's Creed
Fable II
Red Dead Redemption

So before you make your stupid fucking assumptions, get a clue. You want people to enjoy the games that you do? Being a complete fuckwit to anybody who doesn't fit in your little 'elite' group isn't the way to do it.

(Not you specifically.. the gaming community as a whole) 

/endrant
dilllweeddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dilllweeddude

i dont play video games to read.... thats what books are for and i read books i just wanted to clear that up for the douches who like to think that if you enjoy reading in video games that makes you intelligent. it doesnt.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bravetoaster

I doubt that arguing amongst yourselves is going to help the OP "see the light". 

What are you looking for in a game? Is the story just as important as the action?
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SSully

I personally had to stop playing it because it just felt very stiff and archaic compared to other games released at the time. Keep in mind I tried 3 seperate files and put about 10 hours into each, and ended up getting bored with each. 

I think the silent protagonist was a big deal to me. I am used to it in games like Oblivion because you dont see your character standing there like an idiot not saying anything, you can imagine your character speaking the response as you are reading them, in dragon age it just dreadfully dull.
Also I never felt me, or any of my party members were the powerful people they were said to be. The animations when fighting were obviously dated for the time, and it took a lot away from the experience for me. It sucks because I wanted to get into the game, but it just wouldn't work for me. Maybe when I finish dragon age 2 I will be able too, because right now I am finding DA2 to be a much  better game, even though the story telling is a bit on the weak side. Gameplay wise it is leagues above origins. 
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShaggE
@oysteinBrenne: Then show him why he should care. I started out hating RPGs because the community was so elitist. (a stupid way to judge a genre, but hey, I was a kid)

It wasn't until much later that I gave one a solid try, and I loved it. 

But maybe it's just not his thing, you know? There's nothing wrong with being casual. I do cringe at him saying "pointless conversations", but the idea of playing a game that doesn't involve user interaction beyond dialog trees *is* kind of weird, if you look at it from an outsider's point of view.