Fallout 3 or Gears of War 2?

hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By hershey07

With their release dates being about 1 week apart, which game do you think I should purchase? Keep in mind that I only have the money for one game.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

People are just going to tell you their own opinions, so I suggest you make your own.

That or wait on reviews and get the highest of the two.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Riddler

Get a job and buy both

and if you have xboxlive, Gears2 will last longer. If you dont have Live Fallout will last longer. there ya go
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

Fallout 3 by a ton for me, though I'll try gears at some point...I never understand these posts though, rarely when you are just referring to 2 games, if someone was interested in both would they have to make a choice, instead of just picking them both up.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo
Hershey07 said:
"With their release dates being about 1 week apart, which game do you think I should purchase? Keep in mind that I only have the money for one game."
DO SOME GOD DAMN FUCKING RESEARCH. JESUS CHRIST! OR GET A FUCKING JOB. YOUR CHOICE.

Nice version: Figure it out yourself, it's based on personal opinion.
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Shawn

I'm getting both but if I had to pick it would be Gears. Now if I didn't have xbox live then I'd go with Fallout

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PureRok

Fallout 3 is way more interesting than Gears of War 2. Actually, since I'm probably not going to get Gears of War 2 ever (unless I get it as a gift from a family member).

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

Gears of War 2 adds very little to its prequel. Fallout 3 is a better pick.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tekmojo

fallout 3, i guess

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Captain_Insano

they are so different in terms of style of game
did you like oblivion or previous fallouts? do you only play single player? if so then get fallout 3 and wait to save up to get gears of war later

do you like shooting and chainsawing tonnes of locust? was gears of war one of your favourite games? then get that?

i dont know what the deal is where you live. here in australia, new games cost about 110 australian dollars. which with current economics is prob about 80 US dollars (i think thats how it works). Abuse game stores like Electronics Boutique. Here you can buy a game and return it within 7 days to refund or exchange. Buy Gears of War 2. Burn through it, then exchange it for fallout 3. Simple (if you have a similar systyem near you)

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Captain_Insano

they are so different in terms of style of game
did you like oblivion or previous fallouts? do you only play single player? if so then get fallout 3 and wait to save up to get gears of war later

do you like shooting and chainsawing tonnes of locust? was gears of war one of your favourite games? then get that?

i dont know what the deal is where you live. here in australia, new games cost about 110 australian dollars. which with current economics is prob about 80 US dollars (i think thats how it works). Abuse game stores like Electronics Boutique. Here you can buy a game and return it within 7 days to refund or exchange. Buy Gears of War 2. Burn through it, then exchange it for fallout 3. Simple (if you have a similar systyem near you)

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Kazona

Ok why are so many people here bashing the TC to get a job? Anyone ever thought that a) he either can't work for some reason or b) he's trying to get work but hasn't been able to find a job yet or even c) he lost his job and is now looking for another one. Seriously people, that kind of shit just gets under my skin. Not everyone who doesn't have a job is a lazy sob. Hell there are people who have jobs but still only have money for only a handful of games.

As for advice on which one to buy? I couldn't tell you. Other than the E3 presentation I haven't really watched anything Fallout 3 related, so I'm still not really excited about it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PureRok
Kazona said:
"Ok why are so many people here bashing the TC to get a job? Anyone ever thought that a) he either can't work for some reason or b) he's trying to get work but hasn't been able to find a job yet or even c) he lost his job and is now looking for another one. Seriously people, that kind of shit just gets under my skin. Not everyone who doesn't have a job is a lazy sob. Hell there are people who have jobs but still only have money for only a handful of games.

As for advice on which one to buy? I couldn't tell you. Other than the E3 presentation I haven't really watched anything Fallout 3 related, so I'm still not really excited about it."
Or option D) He has a job but it's not well paying or he has a family to feed so therefore not as much money as those who are bachelors. You know, there are lots of reasons people can't afford it. Perhaps he has set a limit on himself.. something called a budget.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Gears 2 ,
No contest.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By GalvanizedNails

i dont know why people are saying gears will have a high replay value. If you didnt get way into gears 1 multiplayer you will probaly have a hard time on gears 2 like me, so i would just stick to single player. Fallout can be played many times and a single playthrough could last hundreds of times. You know gears 2 will be similar to gears 1 with a few new things thrown in but fallout is a whole new experience. If i were you i would buy fallout and rent gears 2

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ma7moud

I''ll buy both games but if I have to pick one I'll buy Gears 2.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Kazona
PureRok said:
"Kazona said:
"Ok why are so many people here bashing the TC to get a job? Anyone ever thought that a) he either can't work for some reason or b) he's trying to get work but hasn't been able to find a job yet or even c) he lost his job and is now looking for another one. Seriously people, that kind of shit just gets under my skin. Not everyone who doesn't have a job is a lazy sob. Hell there are people who have jobs but still only have money for only a handful of games.

As for advice on which one to buy? I couldn't tell you. Other than the E3 presentation I haven't really watched anything Fallout 3 related, so I'm still not really excited about it."
Or option D) He has a job but it's not well paying or he has a family to feed so therefore not as much money as those who are bachelors. You know, there are lots of reasons people can't afford it. Perhaps he has set a limit on himself.. something called a budget."
Good to see someone gets it.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By BoG

Why tell someone to research something when they are asking you to manipulate their thoughts and control their actions?

Fallout 3 for sure. Cliffy B. is uncool.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_

I'll be purchasing Fallout 3 and skipping Gears 2. Not a big fan of Cliffy B, or Epic at this point after the rape of the Unreal Tournament franchise *cries bitterly*

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pibo47
Jayge said:
"I'll be purchasing Fallout 3 and skipping Gears 2. Not a big fan of Cliffy B, or Epic at this point after the rape of the Unreal Tournament franchise *cries bitterly*"
Ummmm......ok, UT3 is ok, just didnt have the rip jack...that was my only problem....But if i were you TC, just get the money to get both...they are both GOTY material.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By xruntime

UT3 is a great game. Anyone who says otherwise can take it up with me. WHAT NOW??!?!