Game developer states PS3 is NOT more powerful than 360.

• 188 results
AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AgentofChaos
Icemael said:
"Goddamn it, WHO CARES? "
Agreed, fuck it. They are both fun!
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By the8bitNacho
AgentJ said:
"I could believe this, since the PS3s use Blu-Ray yet still dont seem to really out-do the 360. If true, this is embarassing for Sony, who had an extra year and charged twice as much for their console.
The PS3 is starting to sell in Japan thanks to the Final Fantasy XIII demo, but it obviously wont have that advantage in America. Frankly, I think Sony is in trouble, if not just because the only must-have game (in my eyes) is Metal Gear Solid 4. 
"
I assume this means that you don't consider Valkyria Chronicles or Uncharted: Drake Fortune must-haves, and because of this you are part of the problem.
Heron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Heron

Let's talk more and more trash about the ps3 so that sony lowers it's price. Then I can finally play MGS4. Cos it's the only reason I have to buy one.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

well kinda isnt

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By thiago
heron_noleto said:
"Let's talk more and more trash about the ps3 so that sony lowers it's price. Then I can finally play MGS4. Cos it's the only reason I have to buy one."

Most people would pay more for a hardware that won't break in a few months than pay many times for the same broken product. The ones most concerned about price seem to be fanboys, because that's the only thing the 360 has better than the PS3 now (relatively better, because the 360 hardware is assembled with spit from slave workers working 18 hours a day somewhere in Asia).

In the end the PS3 is cheaper than the 360.

Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Swish
thiago said:
"heron_noleto said:
"Let's talk more and more trash about the ps3 so that sony lowers it's price. Then I can finally play MGS4. Cos it's the only reason I have to buy one."
Most people would pay more for a hardware that won't break in a few months than pay many times for the same broken product. The ones most concerned about price seem to be fanboys, because that's the only thing the 360 has better than the PS3 now (relatively better, because the 360 hardware is assembled with spit from slave workers working 18 hours a day somewhere in Asia).In the end the PS3 is cheaper than the 360."
Its not fanboys (as far as buying the machine goes anyway) that are concerned about price its the non-gaming enthusists and kids that are concerned about price. If you love ps3 your going to buy one, but if your a member of the general public and see the 360 and ps3 side by side your going to notice the couple of hundred dollar difference in price. And if your a kid the most likely scenario is your parents arn't going to see the difference either and will chose the cheaper option, evertually all of your friends will have a 360 because of this factor and hence even if your parents agree to lay out the cash, your going to follow your friends anyway. 
By the way its pretty obvious most people won't pay more for hardware that won't break as the 360 sells more units every month.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#107  Edited By AgentJ
Kombat said:
"AgentJ said:
"I could believe this, since the PS3s use Blu-Ray yet still dont seem to really out-do the 360. If true, this is embarassing for Sony, who had an extra year and charged twice as much for their console.
The PS3 is starting to sell in Japan thanks to the Final Fantasy XIII demo, but it obviously wont have that advantage in America. Frankly, I think Sony is in trouble, if not just because the only must-have game (in my eyes) is Metal Gear Solid 4. 
"
I assume this means that you don't consider Valkyria Chronicles or Uncharted: Drake Fortune must-haves, and because of this you are part of the problem."
I dont know much about Uncharted, as i've only played a short demo. However, I liked Valkyria Chronicles better when it was called Fire Emblem. 
thiago said:
"heron_noleto said:
Most people would pay more for a hardware that won't break in a few months than pay many times for the same broken product. The ones most concerned about price seem to be fanboys, because that's the only thing the 360 has better than the PS3 now (relatively better, because the 360 hardware is assembled with spit from slave workers working 18 hours a day somewhere in Asia).In the end the PS3 is cheaper than the 360."
Because this conversation was all about how expensive the consoles are right? I believe the original conversation was about the power of the consoles, not how often they break or how much they cost, or where they were built (So Playstation 3s are built by blue collar angels in heaven? Give me a break). It seems that every time you comment, the thread you comment in gets off topic, so maybe you should stick to what the thread is about. 
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By thiago
AgentJ said:
"heron_noleto said:
Because this conversation was all about how expensive the consoles are right? I believe the original conversation was about the power of the consoles, not how often they break or how much they cost, or where they were built (So Playstation 3s are built by blue collar angels in heaven? Give me a break). It seems that every time you comment, the thread you comment in gets off topic, so maybe you should stick to what the thread is about. 
"

READ THE FUCKING THREAD. Who started with this price talk was heron_noleto.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By trophyhunter

well that is what we in the biz call a lie or spin

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By AgentJ
thiago said:
"AgentJ said:
"heron_noleto said:
"

READ THE FUCKING THREAD. Who started with this price talk was heron_noleto. "
Then he was off topic too. Doesnt mean you have to respond to him. You're just legitimizing him
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By Diamond
AgentJ said:
 However, I liked Valkyria Chronicles better when it was called Fire Emblem. 
Wait, did you actually play Valkyria Chronicles or not?  Because it's almost nothing like Fire Emblem.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By get2sammyb

Let's all put ABBA on the stereo and have a party instead of discussing this. Who's with me?

We could play Singstar?

EDIT: Or Lips. Added for political correctness.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By Kazona
Swish said:
"Kazona said:
"This argument is as stale as the bread in my trash bin"
What a waste of bread... you could toasted it or somthing"
I don't like moldy bread, not even when it's toasted.
neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By neoepoch
Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Wait, did you actually play Valkyria Chronicles or not?  Because it's almost nothing like Fire Emblem."
Yeah, that sounds pretty ignorant, since Valkyria Chronicles has nothing to do with Fire Emblem, in gameplay, story, graphical style, time period/setting, and engines used.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Godwind

The real question is who is having more fun, PS3 users or Xbox360 users?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By get2sammyb
neoepoch said:
"Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Wait, did you actually play Valkyria Chronicles or not?  Because it's almost nothing like Fire Emblem."
Yeah, that sounds pretty ignorant, since Valkyria Chronicles has nothing to do with Fire Emblem, in gameplay, story, graphical style, time period/setting, and engines used."
Ah-ah-hahahaha. ;)
drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#117  Edited By drac96
AgentJ said:
"Kombat said:
I dont know much about Uncharted, as i've only played a short demo. However, I liked Valkyria Chronicles better when it was called Fire Emblem. 
thiago said:
You must have never played Valkyria Chronicles, because it is nothing like FIre Emblem
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Diamond
get2sammyb said:
"neoepoch said:
"Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Yeah, that sounds pretty ignorant, since Valkyria Chronicles has nothing to do with Fire Emblem, in gameplay, story, graphical style, time period/setting, and engines used."
Ah-ah-hahahaha. ;)"
Err what, are you saying he was being sarcastic?  I really hope not.  You might as well say shit like "I liked Quake better when it was called Super Mario Bros."
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By get2sammyb
Diamond said:
"get2sammyb said:
"neoepoch said:
"Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Ah-ah-hahahaha. ;)"
Err what, are you saying he was being sarcastic?  I really hope not.  You might as well say shit like "I liked Quake better when it was called Super Mario Bros.""
No I was giggling because anytime I read ol' Agent J's posts he comes off very "holier-than-thou" but you guys just totally proved his ignorance.

Brilliant.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By AgentJ
neoepoch said:
"Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Story, Graphical Style, Time Setting, and Engines sure, but when playing it I felt like I was playing a lesser fire emblem, much the way i felt when i played Jeane D'Arc
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By AgentJ
get2sammyb said:
"Diamond said:
"get2sammyb said:
"neoepoch said:
"Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Ah-ah-hahahaha. ;)"
Err what, are you saying he was being sarcastic?  I really hope not.  You might as well say shit like "I liked Quake better when it was called Super Mario Bros.""
No I was giggling because anytime I read ol' Agent J's posts he comes off very "holier-than-thou" but you guys just totally proved his ignorance.Brilliant."
Do i really come off that way? I'm sorry, I'll try to fix that
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By get2sammyb
AgentJ said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Diamond said:
"get2sammyb said:
"neoepoch said:
"Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Ah-ah-hahahaha. ;)"
No I was giggling because anytime I read ol' Agent J's posts he comes off very "holier-than-thou" but you guys just totally proved his ignorance.Brilliant."
Do i really come off that way? I'm sorry, I'll try to fix that
"
Sometimes. ;) Don't worry about it - you can't change who you are. Besides the Internet lacks many important communication mechanics such as tone, body language and eye contact, which can make things read differently to the way they were intended.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#123  Edited By TwoOneFive

doesn't anyone realize that game developers are not these all knowing gods? a game developer is a job, and like any job, you sometimes have to work with morons. this guy is a moron. 

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By torus
TwoOneFive said:
everyone and their fat aunt knows that PS3 exclusives are superior in terms of technical prowess over 360 exclusives. Example: Killzone 2 is generally considered the most technically advanced game ever made.  And before that, it was MGS4. 

No Caption Provided
No. Crysis is. 
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Diamond
AgentJ said:
Story, Graphical Style, Time Setting, and Engines sure, but when playing it I felt like I was playing a lesser fire emblem, much the way i felt when i played Jeane D'Arc"
I'd really give it another chance if I were you, if anything is similar, it's the graphics style and theme (anime characters fighting a war).  Gameplay is nothing at all like Fire Emblem, and for the record I don't like FE at all but I love VC.  FE is too rigid and old school, VC feels very innovative.
LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#126  Edited By LeetBalla
torus said:
"TwoOneFive said:
everyone and their fat aunt knows that PS3 exclusives are superior in terms of technical prowess over 360 exclusives. Example: Killzone 2 is generally considered the most technically advanced game ever made.  And before that, it was MGS4. 

No Caption Provided
No. Crysis is. 
"
I must agree, Crysis running at max on my system looks much better than when I played Killzone 2. Also I love the MGS series and especially MGS4, but did anyone notice how the characters looked out of place? What I mean is that fact that you had these amazing character models that were not consistent with the enviroment. The characters looked like they were of such a greater quality than the enviroment, that it sometimes looked awkward.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#127  Edited By toowalrus

You know... the way games look really depends more on the people designing the game, rather than the hardware playing it.

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Kr3lian

For what it's worth:

I work for a major, cutting-edge research institute.  I won't mention any names, but I can tell you that it is privately funded medical research and named after a famous person ;)

Anyway...We do some serious computation here.  Very serious, cutting-edge stuff.  The computer scientists/programmers have purchased something like 10 PS3s...not for playing games.  The Cell processor in the PS3 is by far the best bang-for-your-buck consumer-level processor, and smokes the pants off of the 360 processor for certain uses.  If the 360 is more "powerful", it is because the programmers aren't taking advantage of the cell processor, they are coding for the 360 and trying to use the same techniques on the PS3.

This isn't a free pass for Sony.  If programmers aren't making games that take advantage of the Cell, that is not the fault of the programmer.  The programmers/publishers are out to make a buck by selling games, not to make Sony look good.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By CL60
Kr3lian said:
"For what it's worth:

I work for a major, cutting-edge research institute.  I won't mention any names, but I can tell you that it is privately funded medical research and named after a famous person ;)

Anyway...We do some serious computation here.  Very serious, cutting-edge stuff. 
lol
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Kr3lian
CL60 said:
"Kr3lian said:
"For what it's worth:

Anyway...We do some serious computation here.  Very serious, cutting-edge stuff. 
lol"

Was it that funny? :P

You could probably figure out where I work from those clues if you tried hard enough.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By CL60

Might I add, anybody else think thagio or whatever the fuck his name is, is the biggest fanboy that posts on giantbomb? It's kinda pathetic to be honest.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By thiago
torus said:
"TwoOneFive said:

No. Crysis is. 
"

Stop bringing the PC into the discussion, because it has nothing to do with it. Games on the PC will always look better because the hardware is more up to date.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kr3lian said:
"For what it's worth:

Anyway...We do some serious computation here.  Very serious, cutting-edge stuff.  The computer scientists/programmers have purchased something like 10 PS3s...not for playing games.  The Cell processor in the PS3 is by far the best bang-for-your-buck consumer-level processor, and smokes the pants off of the 360 processor for certain uses.  If the 360 is more "powerful", it is because the programmers aren't taking advantage of the cell processor, they are coding for the 360 and trying to use the same techniques on the PS3.This isn't a free pass for Sony.  If programmers aren't making games that take advantage of the Cell, that is not the fault of the programmer.  The programmers/publishers are out to make a buck by selling games, not to make Sony look good."

But see, that's the thing- none of those people will make games on those PS3s.  Sure, it probably does real good in stuff like that, but that doesn't translate directly into awesome looking video games.  It sure doesn't hurt, but that's only one part of the picture.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By thiago
Kr3lian said:
If the 360 is more "powerful", it is because the programmers aren't taking advantage of the cell processor, they are coding for the 360 and trying to use the same techniques on the PS3.

I think this is the case with some developers. Then some others prove them wrong, like with Killzone 2.

If game development was known for "cutting edge" stuff, then the fault could be entirely Sony's, but since it is a field that  adopts technology at a glacial speed in comparison to others in software development, I don't think they are innocent. Some think the 360 is better because they don't know anything else or any other way of accomplishing what they want.

Besides, they have been for too long in Microsoft's domain and that may affect negatively their capability of thinking in terms of solutions. When I had to use Visual Studio I was amazed, not because of the features, but because how something so lacking in features could be even considered good? And that's "good" because the people that use it don't know anything else.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By AgentJ
Diamond said:
"AgentJ said:
Story, Graphical Style, Time Setting, and Engines sure, but when playing it I felt like I was playing a lesser fire emblem, much the way i felt when i played Jeane D'Arc"
I'd really give it another chance if I were you, if anything is similar, it's the graphics style and theme (anime characters fighting a war).  Gameplay is nothing at all like Fire Emblem, and for the record I don't like FE at all but I love VC.  FE is too rigid and old school, VC feels very innovative."
Maybe I will. I suppose different people get different vibes
dcpc10 said:
"AgentJ said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"Frankly, Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 2 say he's wrong."
Am I the only one Killzone 2s graphics haven't impressed? 
"
Well if Killzone 2's graphics didn't impress you, no current gen graphics will (except for Crysis possibly)"
Well, i'm not much of a graphics person in the first place so if i were you i wouldn't be too concerned that they didn't impress me. Heavy Rain has impressed me. The early videos for Killzone 2 impressed me. For the most part, MGS4, GTA4 and Fallout 3 have impressed me. But really, I normally could care less about the technical aspects and more about the style used, so again I'm not the best judge on whether the graphics are good or not
ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136  Edited By ElectricHaggis
I don't doubt the guy's facts.  However, most PS3 exclusives don't suck.  That is a rather gross generalisation.
Since I own both systems, I couldn't care less.  Achievements are the only thing preventing me from playing the PS3 more often.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By CL60

haha thiago makes me laugh with his pathetic fanboy rants.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#138  Edited By Pibo47
torus said:
"TwoOneFive said:

No Caption Provided
No. Crysis is. 
"
Lol. We have a winner! So we can all stop this futile argument, because the PC can do anything any of our consoles can.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By get2sammyb
Kr3lian said:
"For what it's worth:

Anyway...We do some serious computation here.  Very serious, cutting-edge stuff.  The computer scientists/programmers have purchased something like 10 PS3s...not for playing games.  The Cell processor in the PS3 is by far the best bang-for-your-buck consumer-level processor, and smokes the pants off of the 360 processor for certain uses.  If the 360 is more "powerful", it is because the programmers aren't taking advantage of the cell processor, they are coding for the 360 and trying to use the same techniques on the PS3.This isn't a free pass for Sony.  If programmers aren't making games that take advantage of the Cell, that is not the fault of the programmer.  The programmers/publishers are out to make a buck by selling games, not to make Sony look good."
That's really interesting. Is that similar to the processing that goes on in Folding@Home?
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By weltal

Yeah, I don't care. If games are enjoyable to play I'll fucking play them and enjoy them. Why the hell should I care about the graphical systems powering them?

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#141  Edited By strangeling

Okay, quick, let's stop comparing JUST the PS3 to the 360.

Bring handhelds into the equation.
They're way less powerful.  Now tell me there are no good games available for them.
What?  They do have good, fun to play games?
But that means power doesn't matter, doesn't it?

It doesn't matter which one is the most powerful.  Enjoy the games.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#142  Edited By oldschool

Don't blame the developer for his opinions.  Just blame the overly eager console fans for getting uptight.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Scieran
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Scieran said:
"I find it amusing that they say the 360 is less powerful than PS3 given that the 360 has a higher rate of hardware failures toppled with the fact they only run discs that are less than 10GB and lastly my favourite, 360 requires a vast amount of power to run a game which is displayed by the noise. PS3, however, has no noise and runs games that tops up to 60GB."
not a single game on the ps3 has filled a dual layer bluray let alone taken 60 gigs."
Actually the max is 50GB, didn't do much research when I posted. I was trying to oppose the topics statement which is pointless and brags about this endless charade that's been there since the early gaming years, just through different platforms; PS2, xbox etc. Just to correct the fact MGS4 the game topped 50GB.
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By eclipsesis
torus said:
"TwoOneFive said:

No Caption Provided
No. Crysis is. 
"
OH somebody has pulled the Crysis card, OVERKILL, no console can stand up to this game, but then again the majority of PC's can't play this game on full specs. in terms of graphics it is sheer brilliance but i find the whole game machanics are lack luster and primitive.  In my opinion i think that killzone 2 does have some better special effects. 

That is a pretty shitty picture of Crysis almost looks like battlefield just with very bright sun 
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Kr3lian
get2sammyb said:
"Kr3lian said:
"For what it's worth:

That's really interesting. Is that similar to the processing that goes on in Folding@Home?"

I am not sure how the cell is used in Folding@Home, but the reason its used here is because it performs amazingly fast parallel vector calculations.  Faster than any other graphics processors at a similar cost, as far as I know.

It turns out that you can use this particular processing trick to solve other, non-graphics related problems.  For instance, computing probabilistic outcomes of Hidden Markov Models (/jargon)
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Hitchenson
AgentJ said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"
No, you're not. I think they're really 'meh...'
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By thiago
Hitchenson said:
"AgentJ said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"
"

No Caption Provided

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#148  Edited By Karmum

People still debating that the PS3 was more powerful? Really? Both of them are relatively even in hardware.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AgentJ
thiago said:
"Hitchenson said:
"AgentJ said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"
"

No Caption Provided
"
You got that from my funny pictures thread! I'm glad it's been of use
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers