Game developer states PS3 is NOT more powerful than 360.

• 188 results
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
MB said:
"I dunno. I think both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 have their pluses and minuses, with each being slightly stronger at doing certain things than the other. I'm an owner of every console, but I really believe that the Sony fanboys are still buying into the marketing hype from three years ago that the PS3 is a "supercomputer" or some such nonsense.If it's that much better...why are the games practically identical? Get over it already, people."

Fact 
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Red

The PS3 is a lot harder to work on than the 360, but it does have better results if you work harder. Even if this was just a "marketing spin" the Blu Ray disc has 6 times the amount of storage of a normal DVD. Also, what does a developer who worked on Rock Band and Guitar Hero (and now iPhone games) know about using the power of a system? And why does he even care? This is a pretty dumb article, but it's also a pretty dumb "developer" who just likes throwing flame on Sony. Seeing as his name was used many times, I have a feeling that he will be out of work for such a dumb flame-stunt. 

Even if all of this was true, how is he helping anyone by sharing it? He's just telling Sony "YOU SUCK AND I DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH YOU, ALL OF YOUR EXCLUSIVES STILL SUCK". Dumb guy. Does anyone have a link to the actual blog post because the article itself was fairly slanderous.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Linkyshinks
thiago said:
"Not trying to do some cheap attack on the guy, but is Guitar Hero and Rock Band that much resource intensive? Maybe those games are so complex that the PS3 is not enough? :)"
My thoughts exactly.
Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Gambit

i can end this argument   ( . Y . )'s > 360 and PS3.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Kbm600
AgentJ said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"Frankly, Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 2 say he's wrong."
Am I the only one Killzone 2s graphics haven't impressed? 
"
Played it myself (I usually agree that both systems are rather equal, but I've gone out of my way to spend some time playing some Ps3 games) and no you're not the only one. Especially with the lighting and color schemes.
PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PJ

Developers have been saying that PS3 is a bitch to develope for, for years now. And whit the points Jason makes about shaders and pixel pushing power makes complete sence if you look at Fallout since those two things are worse on the PS3 version. 

And facing the facts is that the 360 versions of third party games are 99% of the time better or the same as the PS3 version, only one i can think of thats better on the PS3 is Burnout Paradice.

randiolo said:

"who is this guy? he could make coffees at ubisoft for all i know. MGS4 couldnt work on the 360, becoz if it could.. it would.. but kojima said it wasnt possible. This thread is just an elaborate flame.."

Well what you could do is check up on him and see if he has been a developer on the GH and RB games, its pretty easy since all the games have credits, theres no need to insuld the guy. Also by basing your theory that MGS4 cant work on a 360 just because Kojima said so is kinda stupid since he along whit Peter M. are the biggest bullshitters in the industry.
Also what Kojima has said is that MGS4 wont fit on a 360 DVD-ROM. But when asked about putting it on multiple discs he didn't comment.
Also MGS4 points out that Jason Booths story has some truth to it since even though its a PS3 exclusive it has the most horribly long load times not only at the start of the game but also between levels.

That could prove that PS3 devs do duplicate textures for every level, or not.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By CL60

This made my day xD

randiolo
said:

"MGS4 couldnt work on the 360, becoz if it could.. it would.. but kojima said it wasnt possible. This thread is just an elaborate flame.."
That's not how things work you know. We all know MGS4 would most likely work on 360, it would just be multiple disks and a PR guy said they notice a high demand for 360 MGS4 and they are looking into it.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Scieran

I find it amusing that they say the 360 is less powerful than PS3 given that the 360 has a higher rate of hardware failures toppled with the fact they only run discs that are less than 10GB and lastly my favourite, 360 requires a vast amount of power to run a game which is displayed by the noise. PS3, however, has no noise and runs games that tops up to 60GB.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By get2sammyb

This is a pointless discussion - you look at flower, you look at Killzone 2, you look at Uncharted, you look at Gran Turismo -- and you KNOW the PS3 is more powerful graphically.

Yes, they are all first party games, and yes they look better because they are solely concentrating on the PS3. But that is not the point. The point is that third parties aren't finding it quite as profitable to take the extra time with the PS3. But that doesn't mean the power is not there. We've seen it. Go and play Uncharted and tell me a game that looks better. And that game is from 2007.

The point is, it's expensive and takes more time. But you can't just write it off and say the power's not there. It is, and it's been proved by Sony's internal studios time and time over.

It all depends on the developer. Take Fallout 3 and Burnout Paradise as examples. You work, you get rewards. You slack you don't.

It's the same situation as XBOX and PS2 except reversed.

Whatever. I'm gonna go and play Killzone 2. Let's all be friendly and happy, regardless of the systems we prefer?

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By dopeman
get2sammyb said:
"This is a pointless discussion - you look at flower, you look at Killzone 2, you look at Uncharted, you look at Gran Turismo -- and you KNOW the PS3 is more powerful graphically.Yes, they are all first party games, and yes they look better because they are solely concentrating on the PS3. But that is not the point. The point is that third parties aren't finding it quite as profitable to take the extra time with the PS3. But that doesn't mean the power is not there. We've seen it. Go and play Uncharted and tell me a game that looks better. And that game is from 2007.The point is, it's expensive and takes more time. But you can't just write it off and say the power's not there. It is, and it's been proved by Sony's internal studios time and time over.It all depends on the developer. Take Fallout 3 and Burnout Paradise as examples. You work, you get rewards. You slack you don't.It's the same situation as XBOX and PS2 except reversed.Whatever. I'm gonna go and play Killzone 2. Let's all be friendly and happy, regardless of the systems we prefer?"
I disagree i think if weren't for blu-ray for sure an xbox 360 could run uncharted, GT5 and Killzone 2.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By get2sammyb
dopeman said:
"get2sammyb said:
"This is a pointless discussion - you look at flower, you look at Killzone 2, you look at Uncharted, you look at Gran Turismo -- and you KNOW the PS3 is more powerful graphically.Yes, they are all first party games, and yes they look better because they are solely concentrating on the PS3. But that is not the point. The point is that third parties aren't finding it quite as profitable to take the extra time with the PS3. But that doesn't mean the power is not there. We've seen it. Go and play Uncharted and tell me a game that looks better. And that game is from 2007.The point is, it's expensive and takes more time. But you can't just write it off and say the power's not there. It is, and it's been proved by Sony's internal studios time and time over.It all depends on the developer. Take Fallout 3 and Burnout Paradise as examples. You work, you get rewards. You slack you don't.It's the same situation as XBOX and PS2 except reversed.Whatever. I'm gonna go and play Killzone 2. Let's all be friendly and happy, regardless of the systems we prefer?"
I disagree i think if weren't for blu-ray for sure an xbox 360 could run uncharted, GT5 and Killzone 2. "
... So it is more powerful then?

SEEWHARRIDIDTHARR?!

Drake wants to say hello.....

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - only possible because of blu-ray.
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By REDRUN
AndrewGaspar said:
Gears of War 2 sold 2.3 million > Killzone 2 sold 1.53 million world wide
Forza Motorsports 2 shows actual collision damage and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue still does not... why is it still prologue over year later? Average publication scores it a 7.5 out of 10

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue rates a 3 out of 5 here at Giant Bomb
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#63  Edited By mike
get2sammyb said:
"This is a pointless discussion - you look at flower, you look at Killzone 2, you look at Uncharted, you look at Gran Turismo -- and you KNOW the PS3 is more powerful graphically.
I really don't see how those games are any better looking than anything that is available on the 360. In fact, what you're implying is that the 360 is technically incapable of reproducing the graphics of those games which is clearly not the case.  I mean, do you really believe what you're saying here, or is your bias getting the better of you because you own a PS3 and not a 360? I'm guessing here, but there seems to be a repeating pattern amongst the rabid fanboys for either system who so often like to declare that the system that they own is better.

I can't recall ever seeing a forum post from a person who owns both consoles going on and on about how one or the other is superior. People who own both like I do see the value in both consoles and realize that each one has it's strengths, but to claim one is clearly superior is irresponsible at best. I just don't understand how one could play Gears 2 and Killzone 2 back to back and then come onto the forums and say things like you do. You may want to examine your own bias in this matter before replying again.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kashif1
ZombieHunter said:
"AgentJ said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
Am I the only one Killzone 2s graphics haven't impressed? 
"
no i could agree 
"
they havn't impressed me either but then again nothing impresses me after mgs4
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By get2sammyb
MB said:
"get2sammyb said:
"This is a pointless discussion - you look at flower, you look at Killzone 2, you look at Uncharted, you look at Gran Turismo -- and you KNOW the PS3 is more powerful graphically.
I really don't see how those games are any better looking than anything that is available on the 360. In fact, what you're implying is that the 360 is technically incapable of reproducing the graphics of those games which is clearly not the case.  I mean, do you really believe what you're saying here, or is your bias getting the better of you because you own a PS3 and not a 360? I'm guessing here, but there seems to be a repeating pattern amongst the rabid fanboys for either system who so often like to declare that the system that they own is better.I can't recall ever seeing a forum post from a person who owns both consoles going on and on about how one or the other is superior. People who own both like I do see the value in both consoles and realize that each one has it's strengths, but to claim one is clearly superior is irresponsible at best. I just don't understand how one could play Gears 2 and Killzone 2 back to back and then come onto the forums and say things like you do. You may want to examine your own bias in this matter before replying again."
Ok, show me a game that looks better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Killzone 2. Please show me that game.

I'm making the assumption that the XBOX 360 can't do it because no one has shown it me. Yes I have played Gears Of War 2. It's a very good game. Does it look better than Uncharted? Subjective but no.

Please don't try to assume I'm biased just because you can't provide an argument that tells me I'm wrong. All the games I listed are better than anything else available anywhere else on consoles.

And please refrain from your holier-than-thou stance. Prove me wrong. Show me. I'm open to it.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#66  Edited By mike
get2sammyb said:
Ok, show me a game that looks better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Killzone 2. Please show me that game."
Since you failed to address anything I said, I'm not going to get involved in a petty argument with you. It's clear that your bias is not going to allow you to believe anything but what you've convinced yourself is the truth, so good luck with that. I could sit here and list games that I think are comparable on the 360, but you would just tell me I'm wrong, so what is the point?

I wish people like you would invest in a 360 (or a PS3 as the case may be) so you can drop the whole system wars thing. It's tiresome. Clearly I can't "prove you wrong" because you're entitled to your opinion, but remember that it is just an opinion so don't run around spouting off your beliefs as facts, please.
Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Johnny5

Lol he has learnt this from the intense graphics in guitar hero and rock band

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By REDRUN
get2sammyb said:
"Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - only possible because of blu-ray."
I don't think you know what that word means.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

wow sammy that pic must not do drakes fortune any favours because that environment looks awful.....

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By get2sammyb
MB said:
"get2sammyb said:
Ok, show me a game that looks better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Killzone 2. Please show me that game."
I wish people like you would invest in a 360 (or a PS3 as the case may be) so you can drop the whole system wars thing. It's tiresome."
You make it sound like I didn't own a 360 at launch. Because I did. I don't have it anymore, capiche?

I don't want to argue with you because I don't think this is worth arguing. I love my Playstation 3 and no one is going to change my mind on that -- even if the hardware WAS inferior (which it isn't) I'd still love it because I'd be playing the games I love. I'm not going to dart around the point - I don't see why people aren't "allowed" to clearly show their support one way or the other so long as they remain objective. I'm a fan of the Playstation and Sony; doesn't make me any less of a gamer than those who sit on their high-horse and proclaim "bias" and "fanboy" at every opportunity. Hey, I'm a Nintendo fan too. *shock* -- a fan of two hardware manufacturers. Guess what - last generation... Yep, you guessed it -- fucking loved my XBOX. We don't need to detail the reasons I'm not so in love with the 360 do we? That's for another time.

I love video games. If it's a good video game it doesn't matter what it looks like -- Mega Man 9 for example looks amazing.

I simply feel, that having played the likes of Gears Of War 2, Halo 3, Fable II, etc (and I think they're all good games) that the PS3 exclusives look much better. Is that down to blu-ray, the "cell", whatever - I don't know? I don't care to be honest. Could it be that my brother's 40-inch HD TV is worse than mine? Perhaps it's just because Naughty Dog/Guerilla/etc are amazing developers. Perhaps they could pull off the same thing on the 360 if they worked on the XBOX too. I don't know.

In answer to your question in the previous post which I "didn't address" - yes, I really believe what I'm saying. I truly believe that Uncharted is still the best game this generation from a number of stances: the art; the design; the animation; the colouring; everything about it its presentation is phenomonal. The uncompressed audio. Now perhaps there are experiences out there that rival Uncharted. If so, please tell me about them - the games I've played on 360/Wii do not rival that experience but, hey, there are LOTS I've missed. Tell me. I'll find them out. I'll play them. I'll get back to you. I really will. I'm never suggesting the gulf in difference is like PSX/Nintendo 64. I'm just saying it's superior. Because I truly believe it is.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Alexander

This assumption that the PS3 is more powerful is just that, an assumption. So far the PS3 has yet to show us it's supposed "true potential" and it's becoming clear that the differences in performances between the two consoles are slight and may even be in favour of the 360.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By get2sammyb
REDRUN said:
"get2sammyb said:
I don't think you know what that word means."
I was taking the piss of the posted before me. You see. Hahaha. It's funny. Because he said "it's possibles on teh if teh XBOXez had blu-ray" -- you see. It was a jokes. Do you get it?
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By REDRUN
get2sammyb said:
"REDRUN said:
"get2sammyb said:
I don't think you know what that word means."
I was taking the piss of the posted before me. You see. Hahaha. It's funny. Because he said "it's possibles on teh if teh XBOXez had blu-ray" -- you see. It was a jokes. Do you get it?"
  INCONCEIVABLE
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By oldschool
randiolo said:
"who is this guy? he could make coffees at ubisoft for all i know. MGS4 couldnt work on the 360, becoz if it could.. it would.. but kojima said it wasnt possible. This thread is just an elaborate flame.."
Geez, way to shot the messenger.  I read the article on vgchartz, someone else did the work.  I thought it was an interesting read and posted it simply for discussion.

My bias is the Wii.  I think the PS3 is better in all ways except price and library and that is why I have a 360, which I still believe to be seriously flawed.  I pointed out my preference to the PS3 in the opening post.  If people get their knickers in a twist arguing over this, then they should take a look at themselves.

Bottom line - I will add a PS3 to my collection when the price is right.  I could care less about all these technical issues.  I buy a game to play.  If I like it, then job done.  Discussions are fine, arguing to assert authority is mental masturbation.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Scieran said:
"I find it amusing that they say the 360 is less powerful than PS3 given that the 360 has a higher rate of hardware failures toppled with the fact they only run discs that are less than 10GB and lastly my favourite, 360 requires a vast amount of power to run a game which is displayed by the noise. PS3, however, has no noise and runs games that tops up to 60GB."
not a single game on the ps3 has filled a dual layer bluray let alone taken 60 gigs.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By subject2change
tekmojo said:
"Guitar Hero and Rock Band...."
Don't make fun of some of the most visually and technically impressive games of ALL TIME!

REDRUN said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
Gears of War 2 sold 2.3 million > Killzone 2 sold 1.53 million world wide
Forza Motorsports 2 shows actual collision damage and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue still does not... why is it still prologue over year later? Average publication scores it a 7.5 out of 10

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue rates a 3 out of 5 here at Giant Bomb"

What the hell do sale numbers mean in a discussion on system power. Prologue is an elaborate demo that they got suckers to pay 40 bucks to buy. Why is Final Fantasy XIII still in production? Why did Duke Nukem Forever NEVER get released? Why is the sky blue? These are questions most people that aren't behind the scenes answer; money problems, technical problems, liscenes, etc, etc.

Both systems have their pros and cons and i do plan on picking up a 360 eventually and 1 vs 100 is one of those reasons as well as some of the exclusives. Seriously graphics are your driving force behind games? Then you are playing them for the wrong reason, walk outside to see impressive graphics play games for FUN, a good story and gameplay not because you want to see realism.
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By randiolo
oldschool said:
"randiolo said:
Geez, way to shot the messenger.  I read the article on vgchartz, someone else did the work.  I thought it was an interesting read and posted it simply for discussion.

My bias is the Wii.  I think the PS3 is better in all ways except price and library and that is why I have a 360, which I still believe to be seriously flawed.  I pointed out my preference to the PS3 in the opening post.  If people get their knickers in a twist arguing over this, then they should take a look at themselves.

Bottom line - I will add a PS3 to my collection when the price is right.  I could care less about all these technical issues.  I buy a game to play.  If I like it, then job done.  Discussions are fine, arguing to assert authority is mental masturbation.
"
well if you couldnt care less about " all these technical issues " then why post it? All it does is give people without a ps3 to start bullshiting and bring up shit like " oh, gears of war sold 2.6 mill so.. the 360 is more powerful.." ..no..  i duno when it stopped being about the games and started being about who has the shortest dick.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pibo47
get2sammyb said:
"MB said:
"get2sammyb said:
I really don't see how those games are any better looking than anything that is available on the 360. In fact, what you're implying is that the 360 is technically incapable of reproducing the graphics of those games which is clearly not the case.  I mean, do you really believe what you're saying here, or is your bias getting the better of you because you own a PS3 and not a 360? I'm guessing here, but there seems to be a repeating pattern amongst the rabid fanboys for either system who so often like to declare that the system that they own is better.I can't recall ever seeing a forum post from a person who owns both consoles going on and on about how one or the other is superior. People who own both like I do see the value in both consoles and realize that each one has it's strengths, but to claim one is clearly superior is irresponsible at best. I just don't understand how one could play Gears 2 and Killzone 2 back to back and then come onto the forums and say things like you do. You may want to examine your own bias in this matter before replying again."
Ok, show me a game that looks better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Killzone 2. Please show me that game.I'm making the assumption that the XBOX 360 can't do it because no one has shown it me. Yes I have played Gears Of War 2. It's a very good game. Does it look better than Uncharted? Subjective but no.Please don't try to assume I'm biased just because you can't provide an argument that tells me I'm wrong. All the games I listed are better than anything else available anywhere else on consoles.And please refrain from your holier-than-thou stance. Prove me wrong. Show me. I'm open to it."
Either your blind...or more of a fanboy than i thought. Gears 2 looks 10x better than uncharted. Go back and play both of those games, no wait...play gears 1 because that looks better than uncharted. Its quite funny, your just like the guys how just don't wanna look at KZ2 and say it looks good. You say it looks like shit because it doesn't fit your "console world view", you dismiss it and move on because you have to be on the winning side. And why are you putting KZ2 and Uncharted in the same boat. KZ2 kicks uncharted in the balls, pisses on him, then kicks his ass off the boat, atleast when talking graphical comparison. And Gears does the same, as much as you dont want it to be true.

SathingtonWaltz said:

"MB said:
"SathingtonWaltz said:
System wars are stupid, we are gamers, not soldiers for platforms. "
  There are already individuals involved in this thread that see themselves as defenders of Sony's honor...and honestly, they belong over at Sony Defense Force or some such site. It's ridiculous."
Agreed. I mean yeah, I guess I lean toward Sony's machine, but I don't fight for the damn thing. I realize that there are flaws on both platforms, I just don't understand where people feel the need to fight for the damn machine as if it's an integral and important aspect of their lives. "
I dont lean towards sony, but i love my ps3. So im with you man. People are getting butt hurt over this stuff. Its really not a big deal, its not like the guy said the the PS3 is shit. Just pointed out some flaws.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Diamond

This thread is such flamebait, I suppose now that people have simmered down a bit I'll give my 2 cents.

360 is more powerful than PS3 in some ways technically, and PS3 is more powerful in some ways technically.  I own both systems and I understand the tech behind computers.  To people like me that statement is obvious.  I think 360 is naturally leveraged to easier development, it's more efficient with resources, MS delivers better tools as they are a software company, and the CPU especially is much simpler.  PS3 has a few distinct hardware advantages, mostly in the Cell processor.  I believe Killzone 2, Uncharted, and GT5P COULDN'T be done on 360, at least exactly the same.  While the 360 version of RE5 has graphical features that probably couldn't be done as well on PS3.  They both have different strengths.  If you put the same amount of developers on both systems with the same time and resources, the 360 version would come out visually ahead, unless they decided to go for some particular strength of the Cell.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By penguindust

I'm not going to comment on the better/no-better issue, but there is one point that Jason Booth made that I think should be repeated.  Sometimes PS3 development teams use the increased size of blu-ray discs as a crutch for sloppy coding and compression.  The same point came up when Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase said that the title would use nearly 100% of the Playstation 3's power.  I don't believe he meant that literally, but it spurred discussion on how much might be wasted by lazy programming.  I wouldn't be surprised if many PS3 discs could take up a lot less space if the developer just cleaned up the excess code.  On the other hand, since it does take more time to pull the information from a blu-ray than it does from a standard DVD, I have heard that some developers put double or triple versions of the same thing on the disc so that the PS3 can access it faster.  I heard this was done on the PS3 version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By thiago
Maxszy said:
PBut the switch from VHS to DVD was so huge, even in physical size. Its not the same going to Blu-Ray. Plus an upconverted DVD used with a good upconverting DVD player and a nice HDTV can look REALLY good. No, not Blu-Ray quality as its not native 1080p but awfully close. Average consumers aren't going to care about that."

No, it took years for DVD to surpass VHS, and the same is happening with Blu-ray. Upscaled DVDs look like you are myopic and everything is blurred, or even worse, some movies have ome pretty nasty compression artifacts.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PowerSerj
Pibo47 said:
"Either your blind...or more of a fanboy than i thought. Gears 2 looks 10x better than uncharted. Go back and play both of those games, no wait...play gears 1 because that looks better than uncharted."
Oh God! Which one's the fanboy?!
Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Swish

He did kinda miss the significance of the sony cell processors, I mean power wise they probably arn't that much greater than a 360 could achieve but the fact is they allow seperate data to be used by different specific components at any given time. Meaning a developer could definatly use that to advantage, the problem is its obviously a difficult process. Also the extra cell processor used as a back-up could probably be coded as an extra accessory, I'm not sure about the exact hardware locks that conform it to being a back-up but I'd be surprised if it couldn't work to enhance some proporty if everything else is fine and its use as a back-up is not needed.
Also it should probably be noted that the web interface a ps3 is able to access lends a lot of advantages, none of which are really being used or even marketed as an opportunity of game involment though.

I think a major problem with the ps3 is the lack of deveoper drive to access what it actually has going on under the hood, Ted Howard has stated several times that the fallout dlc can't put onto a ps3 and I call complete shananagians (how do you spell that word) on that. The guy said the space available on a blu-ray allows the short comings to be surpassed, the problem is it just work, work the deveopers arn't willing to do and publishers arn't willing to put money into. Thats why sony exclusives are the only games that apparently use the space provided, they are the only company willing to back the system, whilst others see it as a hampering, focus on the 360 and then try and port the game over.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By thiago

Ok, this is how public opinion is manipulated towards fanboyism.

First the "analysis" of the unknown individual who claims to have worked on "Guitar Hero" is at least funny. Guitar Hero? Is it such a massive game?

The problem here is that the "analysis" is one sided. The Cell is more powerful than the 360 CPU, because it can perform more operations per second. It means that it can be used for things like physics (lot of things going on without the game going 10 FPS), geometrical calculation, or anything else that use floating point operations. Many things can be offloaded for the CPU to take care of, and many cool effects could be simulated. Thus making the game "look better".

Besides most of the time related to game development is not code related, like creating all the assets or testing. Maybe Guitar Hero doesn't have that many artistic assets, but GT5 takes the time it takes because it will include many detailed tracks and cars.

So your conclusions are completely baseless. GT5 has more production value than any racing game out there because it is simulation for car enthusiasts, and it has nothing to do with the PS3.

Again, fanboyinm knows no limits. The 360 fanboys are butthurt because of the many games the PS3 is getting, but that`s the truth. If you knew anything about software projects you would know that the choice of the technology can greatly influence how fast it can be done. The "game development cycle" is that long, not because of any hardware, but because of game developers themselves that chose a non-scalable technology for developing games.

And Killzone 2 looks unlike anything out there, because it is not just a matter of pixels on a screen (we aren't in the 16 bit era anymore), but because of the lighting and particle effects and all the shit going on. Other 360 games look simpler in comparison.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By get2sammyb
Pibo47 said:
"get2sammyb said:
"MB said:
"get2sammyb said:
[quote]
[quote]
Ok, show me a game that looks better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Killzone 2. Please show me that game.I'm making the assumption that the XBOX 360 can't do it because no one has shown it me. Yes I have played Gears Of War 2. It's a very good game. Does it look better than Uncharted? Subjective but no.Please don't try to assume I'm biased just because you can't provide an argument that tells me I'm wrong. All the games I listed are better than anything else available anywhere else on consoles.And please refrain from your holier-than-thou stance. Prove me wrong. Show me. I'm open to it."
Either your blind...or more of a fanboy than i thought. Gears 2 looks 10x better than uncharted. Go back and play both of those games, no wait...play gears 1 because that looks better than uncharted.
Erm? 10x? Are you going that far? Ok.

I'm done with this discussing this topic now. It's moot, boring and generally is just getting us all hot and bothered. Which is something that doesn't happen on GiantBomb much.
KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#86  Edited By KingOfIceland

The main thing for me is that no other component of the PS3 is on par with the Cell processor. While that thing has zillion sub-cores or whatever voodoo it uses the graphics card and the RAM the PS3 seem like they're holding back developers from using the Cell's "true" power. And the Blu-Ray drive is only 2x speed drive so that also provides another obstacle for devs to make the games work right.

But really, with the 360's shitty ass build quality, the Wiimote not really being up to snuff, the DS v 1.0 being clunky and unintuetive and all the probles with the PSP (UMD, Dead pixels, 3000 screen artifacts), this generations game systems have all had some very weird and stupid design/build flaws so this shouldn't come as a suprise.

MarcusOfLycia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MarcusOfLycia

To me, its irrelevant what he says. I bought a PS3 because I own an extremely nice PC. Any game that I would ever want to play on the 360, I can pick up for my computer, and it will look better. The PS3 doesn't share anywhere near as many titles with the PC, so it makes sense to own it for me.

As far as which system is more capable, I would never rely on the opinion of one guy. HD-DVD can hold 15GB on a single layer, and 30GB on a dual layer. Blu-Ray can hold 25GB and 50GB, respectively. That's a lot of extra space, and if used properly, it should mean that PS3 titles have an edge of 360 titles, considering that both systems are admittedly very powerful.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By thiago

Get over it fanboys. Uncharted 1 (not the 2 to be released this year) already puts Gears 1 and 2 to shame. GT5 Prologue, which is only a demo of a game that will released by the end of this year, already looks better than any other racing game. Killzone 2 is beautiful and its visual quality is unmatchable so far.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AgentofChaos
randiolo said:

He is Jason Boothe, a developer who has worked on Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Kojima may have wanted to bring MGS4 to 360 but perhaps size constraints. I don't really know. I just think there may be some merit to this, perhaps its because I am a 360 owner. Pertaining to kojima said it wasn't possible, Sony would want to quell those fears of losing MGS4's exclusivity.
Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Swish
MarcusOfLycia said:
"To me, its irrelevant what he says. I bought a PS3 because I own an extremely nice PC. Any game that I would ever want to play on the 360, I can pick up for my computer, and it will look better. The PS3 doesn't share anywhere near as many titles with the PC, so it makes sense to own it for me.As far as which system is more capable, I would never rely on the opinion of one guy. HD-DVD can hold 15GB on a single layer, and 30GB on a dual layer. Blu-Ray can hold 25GB and 50GB, respectively. That's a lot of extra space, and if used properly, it should mean that PS3 titles have an edge of 360 titles, considering that both systems are admittedly very powerful."

The difference in pc's is you make your pc's for the game you want to play, consoles are the opposite where the game is made for that specific hardware. PC deveopers don't specific constraints they just build at what ever level they deem appropriate and hope the end-user will build a rig campable of playing the damn thing. Thats not meant to infer that the pc is worse/better in any way, just the capacity to optimise hardware efficiently is a lot more necessary on consoles.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By thiago
AgentofChaos said:
"randiolo said:
He is Jason Boothe, a developer who has worked on Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Kojima may have wanted to bring MGS4 to 360 but perhaps size constraints. I don't really know. I just think there may be some merit to this, perhaps its because I am a 360 owner. Pertaining to kojima said it wasn't possible, Sony would want to quell those fears of losing MGS4's exclusivity.
"

What is the source for that? I keep hearing this nonsense that "Kojima wants this", "Kojima wants that".

Forget this MGS4 BS, just move on already.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AgentofChaos
thiago said:
The 360 fanboys are butthurt because of the many games the PS3 is getting, but that`s the truth. If you knew anything about software projects you would know that the choice of the technology can greatly influence how fast it can be done. The "game development cycle" is that long, not because of any hardware, but because of game developers themselves that chose a non-scalable technology for developing games.And Killzone 2 looks unlike anything out there, because it is not just a matter of pixels on a screen (we aren't in the 16 bit era anymore), but because of the lighting and particle effects and all the shit going on. Other 360 games look simpler in comparison."
I'd say your showing your PS3 fanboyism, but your right in a sense, 360 has peaked (or is at least close) in terms of maximum graphical quality. The PS3 is more powerful, end of story. But its easier to develop games for the 360 and the userbase is massive. The PS3 is getting more exclusives this year, but so what! The 360 got plenty last year, and its a good thing, Sony needs to push the competition with Microsoft. Either company getting a sizable "lead" is a bad thing.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Kazona

This argument is as stale as the bread in my trash bin

Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Swish
Kazona said:
"This argument is as stale as the bread in my trash bin"

What a waste of bread... you could toasted it or somthing
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By thiago
AgentofChaos said:
I'd say your showing your PS3 fanboyism, but your right in a sense, 360 has peaked (or is at least close) in terms of maximum graphical quality. The PS3 is more powerful, end of story. But its easier to develop games for the 360 and the userbase is massive. The PS3 is getting more exclusives this year, but so what! The 360 got plenty last year, and its a good thing, Sony needs to push the competition with Microsoft. Either company getting a sizable "lead" is a bad thing. "

Massive what? 30 million against 22 from Sony? For a system that was released 1 year earlier? Is it an achievement at all? And how many people bought more than one unit? The 360 is so crappy that people buy "backup units" just in case the one they use breaks.

By the way some fanboys speak it seems that the 360 sold 200 million and the PS3 like 5. get over it. The numbers show a different story.
Eriktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Eriktion

Has anyone read the full Blog post??? I can't find it. Seems it has been taken down maybe?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#97  Edited By Icemael

Goddamn it, WHO CARES? The 360 has some very beautiful games, and so does the PS3. There may be a slight difference in graphical power between the two, but does thinking "HA, this game I'm playing looks slightly better than those on the other console" really give you that much happiness? Is that how you justify buying one console over another? A fucking slight difference in graphical power? Give me a break.

If developers focused on art direction, music and gameplay rather than making the brown rocks, the brown walls and the brown brownness even more detailed, we would get much better games. But oh no, the graphic whores need their graphics, because if the games on their console don't look slightly better than those on the other one, life isn't worth living.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#98  Edited By AgentJ

Oh Thiago, i find your angry fanboyism dreamy...

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TwoOneFive
""most PS3 exclusives will likely continue to suck," he says."

please lock this fucking stupid flame thread already. 
ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ManlyBeast

Who cares man. People who care about stuff like this have no life.