Game Of The Year 2008

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By Stealthoneill

SO I have been sitting here for the past hour with my 360 games spread over a table, thinking about what to do for a 2008 countdown and in the end I got lazy and decided to dedicate one blog to my Game of the year.

Just Chillin'
Just Chillin'

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

-The levelling up system allowed players to play through single player and gain plenty of goodies for when they first jumped in to multiplayer.

-Weaponry choice is extensive, each weapon allowing for a different type of player and style of which the player could adopt.

-Length of the game made it questionable full price game.

-DLC extravaganza train missed completely.

A corner all Vegas 2 players know to well..

Not being a massive online player I was wholely surprised when I jumped in to multiplayer action, becoming enthrawled in massive scale battles that still held the tactical edge and yet felt ramped up to the next level entirely, leaving predictions and hopes outside the door I trekked inwards and lost months of my life to this game, enjoying the subtle players working together to achieve victory right over the other side of the scale to the all out killing frenzys inside the Villa. In many ways this is why the game gets my vote, a game that throws you in to action environments and still keeps the need for forethought and cover in mind keeps your mind working while you play, there was no running and gunning, things were slowed to allow thoughts, tactics and experience to flood through and guide you to tally up those much needed kills.

Send your men in first.. Its the Rainbow way!

Discuss, argue, bitch as you must. But please, play nice. :-P

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Stealthoneill

SO I have been sitting here for the past hour with my 360 games spread over a table, thinking about what to do for a 2008 countdown and in the end I got lazy and decided to dedicate one blog to my Game of the year.

Just Chillin'
Just Chillin'

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

-The levelling up system allowed players to play through single player and gain plenty of goodies for when they first jumped in to multiplayer.

-Weaponry choice is extensive, each weapon allowing for a different type of player and style of which the player could adopt.

-Length of the game made it questionable full price game.

-DLC extravaganza train missed completely.

Not being a massive online player I was wholely surprised when I jumped in to multiplayer action, becoming enthrawled in massive scale battles that still held the tactical edge and yet felt ramped up to the next level entirely, leaving predictions and hopes outside the door I trekked inwards and lost months of my life to this game, enjoying the subtle players working together to achieve victory right over the other side of the scale to the all out killing frenzys inside the Villa. In many ways this is why the game gets my vote, a game that throws you in to action environments and still keeps the need for forethought and cover in mind keeps your mind working while you play, there was no running and gunning, things were slowed to allow thoughts, tactics and experience to flood through and guide you to tally up those much needed kills.

Discuss, argue, bitch as you must. But please, play nice. :-P

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BraindeadRacr

I love this game... The online was such chaos if the host left the restrictions off. Especially on Villa. Endless hordes of grenades, shotgun battles and epic fights on the staircase going to the roof. Ahh... memories.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By DBoy

Very good choice.  The game is really great.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By bwooduhs

Nice to see something new being posted

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dalai

I don't think Rainbow Six Vegas 2 gets the praise it deserves.  It really is an amazing game and it tries to avoid the gray/brown palette as much as possible which makes it sort of stand out.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

What! How is your GOTY not GTAMGSSSBBDead423Fallout? 

Actually, RSV2 is pretty cool. Good choice.
Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Alex_V

I would class RSV2 as decent rather than great. It's a nicely presented shooter with all the standard trimmings. Story is basically awful though, and the solo sections were particularly poor I felt. In terms of originality, or having anything really distinctive, it has nothing going for it at all. Uninspiring but fun to play imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the first one, and this ones looks around the same, great choice.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By shimbibby

You know what, I almost forgot about this game. That is, until you reminded me of it. I played a bit of the first one and loved it, and I never bothered to give this game a try. Considering the price and my need for a cool co-op FPS, i'll definitely try picking this game up.
Great blog post man

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By temperedvortex

this game was very fun but the most disapointing thing to me was its story

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stealthoneill

Thanks for the comments guys, What made it great was I played it for months, and then when I picked it up last week I got right back in there and was loving it even more. Was the only game I have this year that has had that affect on me!

Co-Op and multiplayer make this game, and they are very well done. Now all we need is a DLC pack for more maps!
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Kazona

While I do think this is a great game, and I totally understand why someone who's into tactical shooters thinks it's game of the year, I personaly am not into games like this. I tried playing Vegas 2, but it simply never clicked with me. So I might not agree with your choice for game of the year, but I do respect your opinion. And it is definitely good to see someone going for the underdog for once instead of just going with the masses.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dsplayer1010

There's a game that many aren't choosing as their favorite of the year.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Vegas 2 is my favorite shooter not named Halo.  It's a shame COD, Gears, and Resistance are looked upon as the big ones over this

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Absurd

Hmm I hope I enjoy the First vegas once I get around to playing it.