• 121 results
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

There are games that exist, where for whatever reason, you've purchased a game and you're looking forward to playing it, pop it into your system, fire it up, and then... you just can't play it. The game's so dire for whatever reason, that after playing it for a minute or less, you already know you hate it.

What's that for you?

For me, it was Bomberman: Act Zero. I literally had it in-game for about one minute before I turned it off forever; what a waste of time. Clunky, ugly, asanine experience.

Twazuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Twazuk

Beyond Good and Evil. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but that's because I couldn't bring myself to play it for more than 10-15 minutes.
So many people told me it was a must-play, but when I did play it... Something about it was really off putting.
Maybe it was the camp holographic dude.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Stalker shadow of chernobyl, honestly it seems like a college videogame course project at best. I hate it and felt I wasted my $2 on steam, I want a refund.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By General_D23

The first time I rented Two Worlds. GOD.DAMN. Eventually, I bought it for about $2 and played it halfway through, but I wasn't able to finish it then, either. 

Yeah. That game isn't good AT ALL. Incredibly clunky and ugly....just....ugh.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

WoW, I played the trial for about ten minutes and never ever went back to it.  And though I did play it for over a minute I will never play halo for another minute again.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Rockdalf

Gears of War 2.  Sad face.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust

God of War. Kratos' murdering and sadistic personality killed the game for me off the bat. 

ChasingTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChasingTheSun

Top Gear: Dare Devil, almost made me cry.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dipstick

Bad company 2

I'm so used to the movement speed and just the feel of Team Fortress 2 that anything different leaves me thinking "I could be playing Team Fortress 2" Although there seems to be something in particular about Bad Company 2 and the "feel" of the multiplayer that I just get into the swing of things

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Alexander
fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By fugie7

too human

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By KingBroly

Bionic Commando (PS3/360)

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlKusanagi

Lair. I was so put off by the motion controls that even after they've patched in normal controls I've been afraid to go back.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By agentboolen

I never had a game that I couldn't play for less then a minute....  But with that said I thought the Xbox 360 Rumble Roses was really bad considering how good the 1st game was.  For those that didn't play RR it was like Smackdown vs Raw wrestling game with woman, plus it had what I thought to be a really fun story mode.  For the sequel on the Xbox 360 it seems they got rid of the story mode and just made it a boring just wrestle for nothing game.  They dropped the ball on that one, I still have yet to get any achievements on it and owned it for a few years now.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

The first Bad Company. Just didn't like that game AT ALL.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By xMP44x

The only game that springs to my mind is actually CSI: Hard Evidence. It's weird, because I like the TV show, but the game was so dire I simply cannot enjoy it at all. Shame really, but it's the one game I can think of that I simply cannot play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b207373c6ba9
deactivated-5b207373c6ba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Conduit

I was bored for the first 10 minutes of the game. I wanted to like the game, but everything about the game just screamed BLAND to me. I played it for an hour more, and it felt like my homework was more fun than this.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By turbo_toaster

Resident Evil 5, I played it for 30 seconds and never again.  I enjoyed 4 but was a fan of the original 3. There are a lot of numbers in my post.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NakAttack

true crime: new york city. Not only do i hate that game, it was the last game before my xbox (the original) died. Also the game was buggy as hell.

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Noodlearms
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Stalker shadow of chernobyl, honestly it seems like a college videogame course project at best. I hate it and felt I wasted my $2 on steam, I want a refund.

"

That's my favorite game, lol. We must have really different tastes.
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By HypoXenophobia

Overlord (1) or franchise I guess. I was cool with the idea of having minions, but when given the option to kill innocent animals, my conscience said no.

Godlovesugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Godlovesugly

That Prince of Persia reboot.
Awful combat.

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Noodlearms
@Godlovesugly said:
"That Prince of Persia reboot. Awful combat. "

Yeah, that game was terrible.
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kbm600

Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor. 

Although I somehow made it several hours in, don't have the heart to finish it.

Stensby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Stensby

Darksiders
I want to like it and play it, but it pisses me off too much

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Maelstrom. It was unplayable like I couldn't have imagined.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FirePrince

Fallout 3. 
Oh shi-
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By WickedCestus
@Stensby said:
" Darksiders I want to like it and play it, but it pisses me off too much "
snoopdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By snoopdye

Golden Axe: Beast Rider/GI Joe... they were rentals. And no, I do not understand why I rented GI Joe, it's something I have to live with everyday....

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zombie2011

Lair.  

This was the biggest disappointment in gaming for me, it looked so awesome from the trailers. It's the worst game i've ever played.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hitchenson
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
All. Of. My. Hate.
egads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By egads

Hotel Dusk, STALKER and The Path.  Actually, I played The Path for a bit, got frustrated in about 10 minutes and never turned it on again. 

*AND Overlord 2.

Avatar image for tragicallyerock
TragicallyErock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By TragicallyErock

This thread boggles my mind!  I'm sure that many of you MUST be joking.
 I fully expected this thread to be full of shovel-ware crap, but there are some seriously good games being mentioned here....

Gears 2? Bad Company 1/2? RE5? God of War? Fallout 3?
WHAT!?

I get that even the best games aren't for everybody, but seriously... You're going to drop $60 and then turn these great games off after 1 minute? You're seriously not even going to give these games the amount of time it took to read this thread?
Why do you people even play games?

[Edit] - to be clear, I am not trying to troll. I just seriously don't understand how this happens.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ghostiet
@FirePrince said:

" Fallout 3. Oh shi- "

This. As a Fallout fan, I always considered this game to be a slap in the face. Gave it many chances, always got off-put by it.

Though it probably doesn't count, because I eventually forced myself to play through it after everyone's shit that if you keep a blind eye, forget about some stuff etc., the game shines.

When I got to the pre-DLC ending,

I felt that the game is asking me to forget a bit too much. Common sense, to be specific.

Despite my genuine hatred for it though, one day I'll probably buy the GOTY version for the PS3 to satisfy my inner Trophy whore. I'll get a Platinum, then bury the CD in the same place my dignity lies.

@TragicallyErock said:

" This thread boggles my mind!  I'm sure that many of you MUST be joking.  I fully expected this thread to be full of shovel-ware crap, but there are some seriously good games being mentioned here.... Gears 2? Bad Company 1/2? RE5? God of War? Fallout 3? WHAT!?  I get that even the best games aren't for everybody... but seriously... You're going to drop $60 and then turn these great games off after 1 minute? You're seriously not even going to give these games the amount of time it took to read this thread?Why do you people even play games? "

Of course you are completely unaware of the concepts of renting, borrowing copies, getting presents, visiting friends and playing on their PC/console etc. and that's why you think that everyone here blasted 60 bones to play a game for 10 minutes?
swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By swat200

the last socom game that came out on PS3 fuck that was a stinker. i put it in and within 1 min knew it was terrible. i only paid 2.99 for it and it wasnt even worth that

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I would have to go with any of the Stalker games. It's not that I have this hatred for it, as I feel no need to actually hate a video game which is kind of silly, but rather it's freaking hard for me to get into it. I've tried play SOC like 5 times and after 10 minutes of playing I just give up. One of these days I will play these games dammit!

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kishan6

i dont think dire would be the right word to use but w/e

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By yakov456
@swat200 said:
" the last socom game that came out on PS3 fuck that was a stinker. i put it in and within 1 min knew it was terrible. i only paid 2.99 for it and it wasnt even worth that "
As someone who played more of that game then he should have, I would have to agree.
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pinkshley1
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
Me too. I would rather get my money back and buy a skor bar or two.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hitchenson
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" I would have to go with any of the Stalker games. It's not that I have this hatred for it, as I feel no need to actually hate a video game which is kind of silly, but rather it's freaking hard for me to get into it. I've tried play SOC like 5 times and after 10 minutes of playing I just give up. One of these days I will play these games dammit! "
I highly reccomend downloading STALKER Complete 2009 for Shadow of Chernobyl. It's a purely visual mod that fixes a large amount of bugs and issues with the game also, for a far more stable and visually pleasing experience. STALKER's an amazing game and you should definitely give it a fair chance.   
yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By yinstarrunner
@wolf_blitzer85: Next time you want to try to play it I recommend downloading the Stalker Complete 2009 mod.  Fixes a bunch of problems.

There has never been a game I played where I didn't play for at least a few hours before passing judgment on it.

momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By momosauky

mercs 2 piece of crap

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By dvdhaus

I would say Haze.  But there is one game I still intend to play but haven't yet is Condemned.  I bought that at launch with my 360 and have not popped it in yet.

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By vendetta

Too Human and Resident Evil 5 are the two most recent that I can remember.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ninjakiller

Kane and Lynch Dead Men: Wow, what a pos game.  I got through about 10 minutes of actual gameplay before I was like fuck this.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FirePrince
@TragicallyErock:
Deal with the fact that Fallout 3 is plain boring. It's not a bad game by far-it's just boring.Like Oblivion. 
DOUBLE KILL.  
@Ghostiet:  
Glad someone agrees.
LinkinMedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LinkinMedo

too human !!!

that game sucks . couldn't play more than 15 minutes .

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nail1080
@dvdhaus said:
 I still intend to play but haven't yet is Condemned.  I bought that at launch with my 360 and have not popped it in yet. "
PLAY IT!!!
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49  Edited By Deusoma

When we picked up the Ultima series collection, which had every game in the series except 9, it also contained Akalabeth, World of Doom, the precursor to Ultima and one of the only games I've ever seen with a comma in the title. It is also far and away the worst video game I have ever played, to the point that the graphics are so primitive I literally can't tell what's supposed to be going on. The very first thing I ever did was walk east on the world map and promptly die. Did I die of starvation? Did I walk off the edge of the world? Did a tiny meteor destroy my poor adventurer? I'll never know, because about forty five seconds later after I was murdered by a rat in a cave I managed to find in my second attempt, I quit the game and never touched it again.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By superfriend
@Jeust said:
" God of War. Kratos' murdering and sadistic personality killed the game for me off the bat.  "
In the first minutes of that game, Kratos actually throws himself off a cliff. He´s not that murdering and sadistic until a couple minutes later.