• 112 results
x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By x_XJules

There were a lot of things about Final Fantasy XIII that I thought they could have done better on... BUT, I still thought it was a fun game to play. I really enjoyed the battle system.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By danimal_furry

I liked Crysis. 

If I had to say any certain other games... 

1. Endless Ocean: Blue World 
I already did my take on it on the review. That is my top complaint. People want depth and control and story and options. It has all of that. But it has no alien heads exploding so it gets sent to the relegation pile. Funny thing is, I've never seen it in the used section anywhere. The game is fun. 

2. Uncharted 2  
People like to shoot it down now. It was on the hottest games list for forever. Then people began blasting it as a choppy and poorly executed game and calling it overrated. I enjoy that game, and I've played it through 3 times.  

3. Any game featurig WWII first person shooting. 
These games hit a mark right after Saving Private Ryan. There was a huge market for them. There is a reason. They changed FPS games. It wasn't about running around shooting alien hell beasts or Bond villans anymore. It was about men killing other men. There were similar games before, but this was down and dirty rifle shooting games. No super soldiers or high tech crap. Just run and gun. These new shooters are killing my love of sci-fi. 

4. Disney stuff 
I don't want to sound like I play Disney based games a lot, but I play them when I babysit. They are entertaining. The drawback is you feel like you are a child. The plus is... you feel like a child. They know how to make games parents can play with their kids. Sure they don't hit the hardcore gamer market area. Guess what. They are Disney. 

Really, I get tired of gamer snobs sounding like they are Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. I am a total gamer. But there are games I enjoy that I have to wonder why the jerks in the world never picked up. SO the pixels are off on the third level of world four in the Ragnor Realm of Hell Deamons in Rats Ass Boom Plop. Is the game fun as a whole? Can you lose yourself? Can you waste time trying to beat the last guy so you get that S ranking? I still play crappy games for the NES sometimes. Not because the play style or graphics are great. They are just fun to play.
Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#103  Edited By Siphillis

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and, to a lesser extent, Skyward Sword.  Also, Super Mario Sunshine and Crysis.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By raccoonusdoodus
@nickux said:
" Resident Evil 5  While it doesn't follow in the survival horror legacy set by the previous games in the series, I still had a blast playing RE5. What it lacked in scares, I thought it made up for in sheer fun-factor. I played through the game solo and co-op. I never had a huge problem with the AI Sheva. I just thought it was a really great experience that got a lot of crap from people. I think RE fans want something more traditionally Resident Evil while shooter fans wanted better shooting mechanics. I don't know, I mean, I love Resident Evil but to me this worked too. Resistance 2 I have no idea why the general consensus of this game is so low. Whether or not people loved the single-player is understandable but my god the multiplayer is so addictive. The co-op missions with the class-based stuff was great I spent a lot of time in that and really enjoyed it. I always said if R3 turned out to be just something like the cooperative modes of R2 but expanded upon, I'd be one happy duder.  "
Are you me from the future? I was going to write the same things about the same two games haha. RE5 and Resistance 2 are both great games.

Anyway, another one off the top of my head would be Final Fantasy XIII. Pretty much what anyone else before me in this thread has said about FF13, I agree with. It's a great game. FF12, on the other hand...
:P
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @WinterSnowblind: When someone dislikes something while everyone else loves it they start to like it less and less because they hear about it so much.  So in reality they just dislike something but say they hate it because they are surrounded by people that love it. "
This is known as jealously, and only further proves my point.
Most people that bash it know very little about the series and in many cases haven't even played it.
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By jonnyboy

Anything made by Activision. I've stopped reading comments under any Activision story on this and any other site, the act of discussion has been replaced by bandwagon riding, It's just boring now.

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 27

#107  Edited By Stefan

Ah yeah Halo.... I can still remember the day when I got my original Xbox with Halo and Rallisport Challenge. I went over to a friend's house who got his Xbox the same day. We set up two TVs in his room and linked our consoles which was awesome at the time. It was the first FPS I truely enjoyed on a console (still don't like Golden Eye) and the Coop and Lan feature was executed pretty well.

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By DoctorOptimist
@FengShuiGod: One of the greatest games of all time.
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By nickux
@RaccoonusDoodus said: 
Are you me from the future?   

Yes, I am. Another note from the future: DO NOT eat dinner tonight. It's poisoned. 
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Azteck
@PeasantAbuse said:
" I agree with Halo, the Halo franchise (and Call of Duty as well) get alot of undeserved hatred.  Also, Chrono Cross was Wikipedia's featured article two days ago, just sayin'.... "
CoD gets underserved hate?

But yeah, I agree on the Halo franchise. I never understood the hate for the games. People have to learn how to differentiate between the game and the fanbase. They do not make one another.
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By Sushbag
@Resident4t said:
"Also Halo: ODST  That game reminded me why i love halo, its just such a blast to play with friends and that firefight mode? The most fun i have had playing a videogame in a long time. "
Yeaaahhh... I would have given it a go, but then it was a $60 expansion, so I didn't
DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#112  Edited By DoctorOptimist
@Azteck: Valve's fanbase is 10X worst than Halo's fanbase, and the Half-Life franchise is one of my favorites and Team Fortress 2 is my favorite online multi-player first-person shooter.
TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheDoorman

Mw 2 deserves all the flak it gets. And thats not cause I'm one of those people who hate on it cuz its popular. No I loved cod 4, Mw 2 tried so hard to lower the difficulty to a point where the sense of balance the game used to have got completelly fucking thrown out the window and destroyed.

Mw 2 is completely unbalanced, and so dumbed down that basically anyone who wants to pick it up can do good just by using a grenade launcher and exploiting perks. The ideas in Mw 2 were great just the developers didn't figure out that so much of the shit that they put in it could be exploited because thats just how people are, they like the easy way to win and the easiest way is to glitch and use exploits.

Also I realize my avatar is still Mw 2, I'm too lazy to change no matter how much I hate the game.