Games you're most excited about or interested in for 2019.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something all the games on my list have in common is that they have what seems to be great atmospheric settings, perhaps good stories, and also stories about pandemics! So, my first choice would probably be The Last of Us Part II. I loved the first game; it's hard to say it's not in my top five games of all time actually and I'd usually consider that hard because I have many favorite games. The game has one of my favorite video game settings which is in large part why it became one of my favorites, with a story that excels beyond 'just another zombie story', and brutal gameplay that I enjoyed greatly.

My second is perhaps Metro Exodus. This is another game that has a dark world that balances grim with a tinge of hope. I love the survival aspect of the game as well. The feeling of movement and weaponry, albeit slow, felt intentional, helping to immerse. My third is, which again like the first game should come as a surprise, is The Division 2. I adore the first game. Despite its issues, be it subjective (always online, co-op/multiplayer focused experience) or objective (side activities being kind of dull and entirely repetitive) I still loved the third person gameplay, the soundtrack, and the New York wintry setting.

I also think that while the story isn't as good as it could have been, for the type of game it is I appreciated how they told it largely through collectibles and environment. For the sequel, I hope they have characters that are more interesting, and side stuff that is also interesting. They have confirmed that helping NPC's will be more involved and they'll even help you, which is nice to hear considering the point of The Division is to help people.

Although one could probably say 'hey, but what about that game!?' and I'd say 'oh yeah, that too', those are the games I have in mind most currently with the last pick being more in the interested rather than excited category, and that'd be Anthem. I am interested to see what the game is about more. I haven't actually looked deeply into it with excitement, but from what I've seen, it looks like The Division almost, just more sci-fi and things to see in a huge world.

P.S. Just checking a list of games that will be out 2019, another is definitely Doom Eternal, but I feel like we know even less about that than any of the other games mentioned above, so I can't say I'm thinking about it as much right now. Also, in checking a list, there are many games that I am interested in and believe will be great games, but still they're not quite on the level of excitement as the ones I mentioned above aside from some that I am not even sure will release next year, or we simply don't know enough about (like Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding). So what about all of you?

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MattGiersoni

Now, this is a long post and there's a lot of games mentioned, but believe me, Im equally hyped for all of them and I know I'll enjoy them like crazy! I'm most excited about all of the games below! I'm totally hyped for Days Gone, Dying Light 2, Ghost of Tsushima and RAGE 2 and that's because I love open world games. I really enjoyed Dying Light so can't wait for more and the fact that Chris Avellone works on it means it will probably have a much better story and world than the first one. Days Gone also looks like a fun open world, maybe a bit unpolished in spots but I'm sure by release they'll have a solid title, especially with Sony's backing. Same for Tsushima, it looks very beautiful and I can't wait to explore more of that incredible land full of insane foliage.

RAGE 2 just looks like pure fun. I played the first game just last year and it was decent. The sequel has a bit of a different tone but the gameplay they showed looked awesome! Avalanche Studios made Mad Max and Just Cause, both of which I loved so I trust in their skills to create amazing open worlds!

As for non-open world stuff, I'm hyped for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. I love Souls games and Bloodborne so I'm ready for more of that kind of game from FROM Software. I know it will be more of an action game than an RPG (Supposedly there are no stats like in Souls), but the gameplay looks super good and very much like a souls title so I'm excited!

I'm also looking forward to Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding but who knows if they are 2019 or not, guess we'll see. I loved the first TLOU and Death Stranding is very mysterious and intriguing! Cyberpunk and Starfield are also probably not 2019 so not gonna talk about them here. I'm also super hyped for Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 remasters for PS4. Y3 remaster is coming out this year in Japan but they will probably come to the west in 2019 sadly.

All in all, 2019 is shaping up to be as awesome as 2017 and 2018 were, at least for me personally. There's also a ton of games still coming out this year that I'm super hyped for like AC: Odyssey, Just Cause 4, Red Dead 2, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Spyro Trilogy, Dragon Quest 11, Hitman 2. There also games that I've yet to play that are on my list like Far Cry 5, God of War, Pillars of Eternity 2, Yakuza 6. I can't complain, this year has been awesome, just like 2017 was. I have no doubt 2019 is also gonna be a blast!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom Eternal. Despite only being a teaser right now, we know it'll be fantastic unless something goes seriously wrong. I've never been so excited for QuakeCon.

TLOU2 is also pretty exciting, as is Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2.

Also, this doesn't count since there's not been any announcement or anything, but Mortal Kombat 11 and/or whatever the hell Rocksteady's working on. Y'know, just in case. Pre-emptive hype.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6374a416885
deactivated-5b6374a416885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Doom Eternal. Despite only being a teaser right now, we know it'll be fantastic unless something goes seriously wrong. I've never been so excited for QuakeCon.

TLOU2 is also pretty exciting, as is Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2.

Also, this doesn't count since there's not been any announcement or anything, but Mortal Kombat 11 and/or whatever the hell Rocksteady's working on. Y'know, just in case. Pre-emptive hype.

^ This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Since we don't know when Cyberpunk is hitting, I'll default to Dying Light 2. I'm also cautiously optimistic about Ghost of Tsushima, but I really didn't like Second Son so I'll wait and see how the reviews and player reactions go before getting too excited.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7  Edited By Bonbonetti

#1 is Ghost of Tsushima, don't think it will arrive this year.

The Sinking City looks super-interesting, it's an adventure game by the devs behind the Sherlock Holmes adventure games, which were great. It's a Lovecraftian thing this time around.

The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, and Days Gone. I'm excited about all of them

There will be a whole bunch of awesome Indie games arriving as well, that I haven't yet heard of.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I can't decide between Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 but RE2 has a release date so it wins on a technicality.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By MocBucket62

I’m thinking about what is coming out on the Switch next year. If the leaks/rumors for Wolfenstein Youngblood and Doom Eternal are true, I’d say those two. Fire Emblem Three Houses is also something I’m looking forward to in 2019 as well. Others:

-Trials Rising

-Freedom Planet 2 (This HAS to be a 2019 title at this point right?)

-In the Valley of the Gods (Firewatch is coming to Switch so hopefully this does too)

-That new generation Pokémon game for the Switch.

I’d include Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 if these are 2019 titles, but we don’t know.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’ve stopped thinking that far ahead with games.

I have two categories:

- This year

- Far flung future that I can’t yet be bothered with

The above considered...

Cyberpunk looks cool. I hope The Last of Us turns out better than Uncharted 4. I hope Crackdown is as cool as the original was. I’m also excited for Gears 5, Gears Tactics (or whatever it’s called), and Dead or Alive.

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo Labo 2

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Hmm, actually, what they showed of The Last of Us Part Too has me really excited. Sekiro's probably also next year right? So how about that as well.

Kamui97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have pretty high hopes for the pokemon game. The fact that they're taking their time with it, and doubling down on it as a core pokemon game makes me excited to see what they can do. If they can actually pull off the real console pokemon, without any compromises, there isn't really anything that I want more.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo
  • Dead or Alive 6 - Second favorite fighter next to Darkstalkers. It looks great. Not much else to say really.
  • Devil May Cry 5 - Never been a big fan of this franchise, but 5 looks great and, so far, Bayo3 is nowhere in sight so I'll take all the character action I can get.
  • Indivisible - Skullgirls is a game I like, but don't love, but yet I still recognize just how well that game is put together. Anything made by those people, especially the artist, is something I'm gonna check out.
  • Sekiro - I like games set in any country in Asia. I like the Souls formula. Sign me up.
  • Control - That E3 trailer looks preeeetty good.
  • RAGE 2 - Bethesda has been on a roll these past few years with no sign of slowing down. This game looks so dumb in the best way possible. I'm down.
  • Wolfenstein 2: Youngblood - It's more Wolfenstein.
  • Sea of Solitude - Everything shown/talked about E3 sounded like something that speaks to me.

Anthem and Crackdown 3 are the two I would say I'm interested in from a "I wonder how the fuck that's going to turn out.." perspective. If Crackdown 3 truly delivers on what it's offering (i.e. blowing shit up and having a good time) then great. I would love to play it. However, it didn't blow me away so I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't at least a little worried.

Anthem on the other hand...oh boy. This game is the new Destiny 1 in the sense that all eyes are on it leading up to release. However, thanks to Destiny and EA just being EA, people are cautious as fuck. There are things about it that seem cool, but if there's no content, then what's the fucking point? A year or two from release, you're gonna sell me a complete edition. Why shouldn't I just wait until then?

Meanwhile, and I know I've said this alot around here lately, Warframe is still just trucking along making this and Destiny feel arguably redundant in many ways. Aside from production value and a different type of gameplay obviously, I don't see what Anthem can offer to pull me away from Warframe when Destiny has been unsuccessful in that regard since 2014 or whenever it came out. And Destiny has had time to add more content.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Anthem, but for me personally, it just seems to be shaping up to be a wildly inferior contender to both a game I already play and another game that's still wildly popular.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Since Cyberpunk or Halo are probably not coming out next year, I'll say Control and Doom.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Mamba219

Really just Three Kingdoms: Total War, and whatever DLC comes out for that and Total War Warhammer II. I'm just all in on Total War games at the moment, and haven't played much else other than retro RPGs for the last year or two.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nicksmi56

Definitely DOOM Eternal and Pokemon.

Metroid Prime 4 and Witchbrook are definitely on the list if they come out that year.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#20  Edited By Slag

I honestly not sure what are 2019 games and what isn't at this point. So DMC 5 I guess. That trailer was bumpin!

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident evil 2, iI cannot wait!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, I'm definitely more excited about RE2 Remake and Dying Light 2 than Anthem. I should have added those. I was just telling my friend he should get Dying Light, and as some may have seen, I was just recently going through the original RE2 because of the remake. Metroid Prime 4 is honestly, aside from possibly an HD remaster of the Metroid Prime trilogy, the only game I'm looking forward to when it comes to Switch games.

treyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Hearts III. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am by far the most excited about Nintendo's upcoming sequel to Link's Awakening using the BOTW engine.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By glots

There's so many games coming out that I don't know what to list. I guess TLOU 2 would be an easy pick, because as much as I would've been satisfied with the first game being the only entry, Naughty Dog is still a developer that I play anything from.

Avatar image for valorianendymion
ValorianEndymion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 12

For me it would be:

Total War: Three Kingdoms - from what I have seen and heard about, it shaping to be something amazing, so much, that I kind felt a relief when they delayed the game, since extra time never hurt.

Code Vein - This is a game, that I felt I love in first sight, specially the almost visual key style of the characters.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sekiro is definately number 1, but am also really looking forward to RE2 and the new Doom (even though the name is stupid as hell... yess thats a pun...). Other than that probably just Cyberpunk and Bloodstained.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Sekiro is up there for me, seeing that one boss deliver a Powerbomb and the traversal mechanics instantly sold it for me. I'm actually quite interested in RAGE. I put more hours into the first one than most did I think, even if I didn't beat it I got way over halfway through. It didn't run great, but it was pretty. I just remember feeling like that world had potential, so I'm really interested to see if they can capture some of that for the sequel.

As for the "Anthem is just new Destiny" talks, I think it might have the potential to be that, but I also think it could be an evolution of what Destiny brought us. As much as we like to forget, games are iterative products just as much as they are creative artworks. Destiny as a platform had a whole lot of potential, but it was execution in which it misfired and mishandled a lot of. The fact that they are putting more effort into Anthem being the "inverse" of Destiny if you will, with the hub space being specific to your player so they can tell unique and interesting stories inside of it, and the open world being the space that the larger collective of players interact with, and that aspect changing has me interested. I think it might be a smarter take on the whole thing, but we'll have to wait and see.

Also KH3 because of course.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By EthanielRain

The Wolf Among Us 2

Didn't see it listed yet and I think it's the first TTG game that'll have their new tech/engine? I like TTG's games but they sure need that update.