GB Coffee Mug - Dishwasher/Microwave Safe?

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SpikeDelight

Got my GB coffee mug in the mail a week or so ago- it's awesome! Love the wide mouth and it has a satisfying matte texture on the surface. Quality stuff.

There isn't anything on the bottom about whether it's safe for the dishwasher and microwave though- has anyone been washing this thing in the dishwasher who can confirm whether it's ok to stick in there? Perhaps @rorie knows?

edit: Not sure if they've done other mugs, so here's a picture of the one I'm talking about:

No Caption Provided

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rorie

Got my GB coffee mug in the mail a week or so ago- it's awesome! Love the wide mouth and it has a satisfying matte texture on the surface. Quality stuff.

There isn't anything on the bottom about whether it's safe for the dishwasher and microwave though- has anyone been washing this thing in the dishwasher who can confirm whether it's ok to stick in there? Perhaps @rorie knows?

edit: Not sure if they've done other mugs, so here's a picture of the one I'm talking about:

The surface is matte, so it will probably get a bit scratched up if you attempt to machine-wash it.

No idea on microwavability, unfortunately. You might want to email orders@socialimprints.com to ask about that.

TheOtherGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't know if OP still needs an answer, but I was curious myself after picking up the mug at PAX this weekend. Got the answer from the supplier, socialimprints.com:

Thanks for your inquiry. The mug is not Microwave or dishwasher safe. Thanks-Chris

Was hoping to use it in the office to reheat drinks. Oh well.

rdldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mine has gone through my dishwasher a few times already, because screw it. I throw absolutely everything in the dishwasher, I'll let you guys know if something bad happens.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Cirdain
@theotherguy said:

Don't know if OP still needs an answer, but I was curious myself after picking up the mug at PAX this weekend. Got the answer from the supplier, socialimprints.com:

Thanks for your inquiry. The mug is not Microwave or dishwasher safe. Thanks-Chris

Oh, I was gonna get one for hot chocolates but I guess not. Maybe someday :)

Edit: they're sold out anyway so whatever I guess.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

You could buy one of those USB cup warmers. Its like a tiny heating plate that you put under your cup.