Giantbombs Game of the Decade

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

An interesting GOTD contest over at GameFaqs has me curious

Semi finals there was Zelda/Smash and Skyrim/Witcher. Todays poll is Skyrim Witcher. That site seems to be heavily Nintendo biased. But when i see a game like Persona 4 Golden beat GTAV...I kind of have respect for a site like that. Only on Gamefaqs can Persona 4 beat GTAV.

Anyway I wanted to ask should Giantbomb cast and crew do a Game of the Decade podcast to go through staffs GOTD? or a simple list by all the staff without needing to discuss it like Personal lists. I would love to see that. I know Ben did a GOTD summary in his 2019 Top 10 lists. I would love to see Brad or Jeff do their Top 10 GOTD games or even a unordered list of games they consider their favorites.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would read more lists.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

GOTY is gonna be weird this year so it'd be cool if they some GOTD lists as well but given how GOTY went, or at least was received last year, it'll be interesting to see what they do regardless.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

After the last couple GOTY's I really don't care to hear any content like that from Giant Bomb anymore. It has gotten worse every single year for at least the last 5 now, sometimes in totally different ways, and last years was truly awful.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

After the last couple GOTY's I really don't care to hear any content like that from Giant Bomb anymore. It has gotten worse every single year for at least the last 5 now, sometimes in totally different ways, and last years was truly awful.

Word.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

If they did this in the format of a podcast where everyone lists their top games and talks about why, sure. If they did this in a GoTY-style podcast where they argued about it for 5 hours...nah, I'm good.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

2019 was terrible. I love these guys but their GOTY deliberations was awful. 2018 wasn't great except Most Dissapointing game. That was an EPIC discussion.

2017 was top tier though. Really REALLY enjoyed that

I agree the new format just sucks. Real shame because Giantbomb is really Unique.