GotG Quarterfinals: The Last of Us vs. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

• 
gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By gatehouse

@towersixteen said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Fairly curious about that myself. Then I asked myself "What would this poll look like if it was ME2 vs. TLOU" and realized Skyrim's probably gonna get crushed.

Yup. At this stage I think the preordained final matchup of ME2 vs Dark Souls is almost a certainty.

Solus Vs Solaire is going to be a heck of a fight.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Krockett

@video_game_king: With you man....The Last of Us is a terribly overrated Game...in my OPINION. Go Skyrim WOOT

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

The Last of Us is a terribly overrated Game

I don't believe I've ever said that.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really really terrible. I like Skyrim but how can it beat The Last of US?.....

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't get the Skyrim love. But I also don't get the Fallout 3 love, so I don't know. I played a large amount of both of those games, but I don't look back at them with much fondness. A lot of the quests feel like busywork and there's a lot of systems I think are just bad. They tried some cool things in Skyrim, but I think the combat is bad still. I guess I was just never that enamored by the worlds.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Somewhat fitting for what's been called the "Citizen Kane of video games", now that I think about it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, the better game is going to lose because it's only on a single console against a game that was on both plus PC. Both these games are in my personal top 10, so I guess Skyrim's not the worst game for The Last of Us to lose to.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I don't understand anyone who says the gameplay of TLoU is bad or weak or not fun.

It's certainly more interesting than mashing a button to swing a sword, I'll tell you that much. Skyrim has bored me to death every time I've tried to get into playing it.

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim for the win.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By xyzygy

If i played TLOU I would vote for it. Skyrim was... not good IMO.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

COD4 is out, fuck all of you guys.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Skyrim is an ocean with the depth of a puddle. Never liked it.

Thats the best analogy for Skyrim I've ever heard. Same goes for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but the whole time I was just sitting there like "This is it? Really?" They could have done so much more if they had been bothered to, but they blew it. It's just 100+ hours of the exact same quests over and over again with a slight story variations. I usually get bored halfway through.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling said:

Thats the best analogy for Skyrim I've ever heard. Same goes for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but the whole time I was just sitting there like "This is it? Really?" They could have done so much more if they had been bothered to, but they blew it. It's just 100+ hours of the exact same quests over and over again with a slight story variations. I usually get bored halfway through.

These games only get good with mods. I never understand people who just play the vanilla game...

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Finally.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116  Edited By LackingSaint

@viciousbearmauling said:

I think it's totally unfair to lump New Vegas in with those other two. New Vegas has a fantastic story and a huge amount of genuinely interesting quests, locations and characters. It's also a completely different developer, just being published by Bethesda unlike Skyrim and F3.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

For the king! for the king! for the kingdom of kings!

or something like that

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly, I think Last of Us is the better game... but I voted Skyrim JUST so I can see it handily lose to Dark Souls later on.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

It's Skyrim, dawg, you can't step to that.

If this somehow boils down to Skyrim vs Dark Souls, I'm gonna step away from the keyboard and let y'all do what you gotta do, cause I will have won either way.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By awesomeusername

I'm done with you all.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has to be skyrim, skyrim has set a template that more games this new gen are going to go after.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#122  Edited By Little_Socrates

Skyrim's taking this half of the bracket, y'all.

Like it or not.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#123  Edited By Mezmero

I voted Last of Us but I'm perfectly fine with Skyrim winning. I still think storytelling was the most improved part of games this generation and most of Skyrim's story sort of falls flat by comparison. Love both of these games and could see either one moving on.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By CptBedlam

@mrfluke said:

has to be skyrim, skyrim has set a template that more games this new gen are going to go after.

I don't think having a big open world just for the sake of having a big open world, with it being filled with largely uninteresting stuff, will be the template that games are going to go after. Quite frankly, we already had that since Daggerfall, only now everything looks better.

Advancing the narrative potential of videogames seems like a much bigger trend.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was never any way an exclusive game would take it. At least it made it this far

Starkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy choice. I did not have a good experience with Skyrim, especially with its combat. Things got repetitive very quickly. The Last of Us for me.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit. The first time I played The Last of Us, I played it for about 6 hours, then went to bed, then as soon as I was in bed I was thinking about how I wanted to play it right that second. No other game has ever done that to me.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Damn tough choice. As much as I loved The Last of Us, I spent far too much time playing Skyrim to not vote for it.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have spent over 100 hours playing Skyrim so I guess I really like the game. So I guess I vote for Skyrim (having never playing Last of Us also helps).

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Party

Skyrim sucked me in and stole 110 hours of my life. I played that game so freaking much that I burnt out on it by the end. Even if I didn't see every single piece of content, I felt I had accomplished most of what there was to do in that world and though my time in Skyrim was fun I never felt the same need to completely lose myself in the game world like I did with my first few weeks with the game.

The Last of Us made me put the controller down multiple times. Not because I was tired or bored or done with it, but because I needed time to process what was happening. The storytelling, writing, and acting is damn near perfect and I love how that game has the balls to go to some uncomfortable places without feeling the need to flaunt its radicalism.

I had to go with The Last of Us. I won't be bummed if Skyrim takes it though.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Might be harder if this was between the last of us and oblivion

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

They are hardly comparable games, but I definitely enjoyed Skyrim a lot more than The Last of Us. Bums me out that I didn't like TLOU more.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Skyrim just didn't click with me. I wanted to love it, I really did.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#134  Edited By DarthOrange

Okay, so just out of interest, what part of Last of Us makes people consider it to be so amazing? I'm genuinely asking, because I've only seen the QL, which didn't exactly make the game seem exceptional...

The multiplayer is really really good. I don't think The Last of Us deserves GotG but Skyrim is all sorts of terrible.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135  Edited By Nictel

Going for the Last of Us, because where for me the Last of Us ended the (PS3) generation (sure new games will come out P5? but it is the last big AAA before the new generation). Skyrim, while amazing is the number 5 in the series, it's Oblivion 2.0.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the last time we'll be seeing The Last of Us as Skyrim wins with 59% of the vote and 1068 votes cast.