• 166 results
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By TruthTellah

John Drake really went all out for this Kickstarter. Barkerville, pies, diet coke, etc.

I'm glad Harmonix gets a chance to make another Amplitude game, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

$9000 Reward Tier - You get a piece of John Drake's mangled dignity.
$9000 Reward Tier - You get a piece of John Drake's mangled dignity.
freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By freakin9

Lang Zone at 45:45

http://www.twitch.tv/harmonixmusic/b/531230093

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: I do not know how to respond to your argument. You seem like you are making vague guesses about their financial situation and presenting them as fact. Call of Duty is one of the most popular AND profitable video games series around. That's a lot different then kickstarting a title that likely won't sell millions and millions of copies this Christmas.

Personally, I don't think that a video game should exist or not based solely on it's potential to make a publisher millions of dollars. This is why I'm happy things like kickstarter exist.

DasBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I'm concerned, if Activision wants to Kickstart COD, go for it. When visible entities do Kickstarters, Zach Braff or Harmonix or Tim Schaffer for example, it brings people to kickstarter who may not have ever even heard of the site, and maybe some of them put some money into smaller projects. I'm still not seeing how this has been a bad thing.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did not think this would get funded

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#156  Edited By mike

Even though I'm in the camp that think it was gross for Harmonix to use Kickstarter, I'm at least happy for their backers that the game will get made. Maybe now we can stop hearing about it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By TruthTellah

@mb said:

Even though I'm in the camp that think it was gross for Harmonix to use Kickstarter, I'm at least happy for their backers that the game will get made. Maybe now we can stop hearing about it.

Giant Bomb should do a promotion with Harmonix where the front page twitter section is now the official "What's jammin?" Harmonix Corner, presented by the all new Amplitude.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By Corevi

It\s probably preferable for a known entity like Harmonix to be using kickstarter. You know they can deliver on the game they are promising. There are an alarming number of Kickstarters that just take the money and run or they have no clue how to budget that much dosh and the product never gets made. And it's not like they have money to throw around considering their next game is for a nonexistent device.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really happy that they made it! Thought for sure it wouldn't happen. Guess that singing "Barkerville" live on the internet makes miracles happen.

I don't understand why people have a problem with Harmonix using Kickstarter. How is it any different from the Double Fine Kickstarter?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By mike

@cmblasko said:

I don't understand why people have a problem with Harmonix using Kickstarter. How is it any different from the Double Fine Kickstarter?

I don't think it's any different. I figure it's because Harmonix doesn't have the indie darling image that Double Fine enjoyed when they started their Broken Age Kickstarter. Plus, at least Double Fine is independent. On the other hand, the Rock Band franchise alone has over $1 billion in sales. Whether Harmonix is swimming in cash or not, I think the general impression is that they just don't need the money.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Looks to be hitting 800k within an hour or two, crazy how much it has gotten in what 4 days? I love that graph that breaks down how much was money was backed each day, real fucking interesting to see that.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Steadying

@bigjeffrey: Uh, yeah, I kinda remember checking this like yesterday and they weren't even close to being funded. Or maybe it was a few days ago, I dunno anymore. Regardless, pretty crazy/awesome.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! It actually came through! Even better, I just bought a PS3 yesterday, so I can actually play the thing when it's out! :D

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mb: Harmonix is an independent studio. It's been years since Viacom owned them.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By cloudymusic

The music previews they posted have me really excited; they sound perfectly Frequency/Amplitude-ish. I'm glad that they're doing their music largely in-house again (if mostly out of necessity) because music games that are 90%+ licensed music have never been as interesting to me as ones with original tracks.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cloudymusic: I always liked the DDR route of licensed music but you've never heard of it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By BisonHero

Well, they really blasted past their goal at the last moment. Good for them.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was weird that on my bank statement it showed up as a $5 charge. maybe it'll get corrected (went in for the last $15 tier)

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

It makes me wonder how big this could have been if they did the PAX East announcement and had the 30 day cycle.

Huge congrats to Harmonix and the thousands of us that threw money at this thing hoping for the best.