HEY GUYS, what do you guys want to read about?

• 104 results
patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By patrickklepek

We're going to be in a slow period before E3 and definitely a good part of the summer. What do you want to know more about? What kind of stories would you like to see on Giant Bomb? I'll make no promises on what comes of this thread or if any of the ideas are used, but I'd love to hear what you guys are interested in and how I might be able to help make that happen.

Have at it.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

Take the Kotaku path and write about anime, your personal life and countless other things that have nothing to do with video games.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By kingzetta

Hamburgers

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By animateria

Bar stories. You know, drunk guy, bar fights, bad hookups...

Seriously though, some insightful interviews with developers would be awesome. You know over a beer or something. 

Probably hard to do though, unless they live around San Fran... Hmmmm. E-mail/chat interviews?

Love your work at Giant Bomb by the way. Awesome stuff, keep up the good work.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By crusader8463

You could look back at old games that have not had a chance for a reboot yet, and work out all the pros/cons of why they should be remade or why a game known for a certain genre would be great in another one. Or top 10 lists.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BrickRoad

I know it's not news, but stories where a developer reflects back on a favourite game they were involved in years and years ago are usually quite interesting to me atleast. A little bit like Iwata Ask's I guess, just not roundtable-ish.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By walreese55

Editorials. There really have not been many on Giantbomb and while I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I would like to see editorials in non-bombcast form

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By patrickklepek

@brainboy77 said:

Editorials. There really have not been many on Giantbomb and while I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I would like to see editorials in non-bombcast form

You will see that soon.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob
@crusader8463 said:
You could look back at old games that have not had a chance for a reboot yet, and work out all the pros/cons of why they should be remade or why a game known for a certain genre would be great in another one. Or top 10 lists.
Yeah, this. A slow news period seems like the perfect opportunity for some more creative (but sensible) articles. Some game history stuff would be cool.

Maybe highlight some overlooked games from the past (I'm not going to use the word 'underrated'). I'm sick of stuff about Mario, I want more people to know how fantastic Dynamite Headdy is and why. Maybe a 'not quite retro' feature that looks at late PS1, early PS2 games. Like the Incredible Crisis QL. Most sites would ignore games like that, which is a shame.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

More "Inside baseball"-kind of things! All the Activision stuff is great!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I would want to see specific beat stories like someone talking about the fighting game industry and another about Starcraft but that shit requires more people.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar

more endurance runs rumors. 

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By A_Dog

Text based endurance run?

Kirbichu54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kirbichu54

How about a blog chronicling a journey through PlayStation Home?

Why are you looking at me like that?
PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PizzaSauce

I think some past game content could be interesting, if you took a look over entire game franchises/series and provoked some discussion on those it could be pretty fun. Maybe just pick the odd series, play through a bunch of it and write about it's legacy and possible future developments. It's kinda hard to put across what I mean, don't know if somebody could help me out...

Just past game insight shit! Thought provoking articles to stimulate discussion.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Benny

Maybe something about the actual effect of pre-order bonuses, demos and betas would be cool but probably difficult to measure on a game by game basis. Maybe info about game budgets, marketing budgets etc. could be cool too

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Write a dark fantasy novel that includes the years news thus far.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#19  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Text previews of games would be great, especially those with a lower profile like the recent Hector: Badge of Courage or just about any and all indie games released on Steam.  Even if it's just a feature with quick blurbs about each, that'd be awfully handy for those of us who enjoy those sorts of smaller games.

And if we can't get I Love Monday's, can we at least get a text preview of what's in store for Giant Bomb for the week?  Maybe?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By melcene
@patrickklepek said:

@brainboy77 said:

You will see that soon.

This is good to hear.  I prefer my media in text.

So far, you've been doing an awesome job of digging up stories from your contacts.  I think people would be most pleased to see more of that - stuff that wasn't just grabbed from Game Informer or Kotaku.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By zeforgotten
@patrickklepek: X-Files! 
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman
@patrickklepek said:

@brainboy77 said:

You will see that soon.

That's all I need! Keep up the good work.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kyreo

More inside the industry stories.  The way you get into the mind of developers with some things or the way you got that email from Activision that was addressing the MW3 leak was great.  More stuff like that.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mnzy

I'm a stats freak and I would really like to know a little bit about how game development is spread around the globe. Where are the centers today, how do the different continents compare etc.
I'm from Europe and I feel like the industry is unscrutable over here. There are some guys in Sweden, some in the UK, Crytek from Germany, but I feel like it's all pretty much a blur.
But I could also see this being really boring to other people.

Also, I enjoyed "Building the Bastion" alot, something like that is always nice for me.

edit: YES! "Revisiting Playstation Home (again)" - make it happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

. . . Boobs?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King

If I knew what the GB populace was interested in, I probably wouldn't tell you :P.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By animateria
@ThePhantomnaut said:

I would want to see specific beat stories like someone talking about the fighting game industry and another about Starcraft but that shit requires more people.

Yeah. That kinda stuff usually popped up at 1UP when they had the video crew. They did a video on a garage arcade (Keystone II I think) dedicated to an actual arcade (Keystone) and interviewing people.

Sadly the current 1UP is just a dead horse, where the only new things that happen are them losing key/memorable features of the past.

It would be great for GB to fill that void.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Doctorchimp
@patrickklepek said:

We're going to be in a slow period before E3 and definitely a good part of the summer. What do you want to know more about? What kind of stories would you like to see on Giant Bomb? I'll make no promises on what comes of this thread or if any of the ideas are used, but I'd love to hear what you guys are interested in and how I might be able to help make that happen.

Have at it.

An all telling expose into J Allard's trials and tribulations.

Where you Klepek delve deep into the madman's ego and discover his hubris....and coke...lots and lots of coke.
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mnzy
@animateria said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Yeah. That kinda stuff usually popped up at 1UP when they had the video crew. They did a video on a garage arcade (Keystone II I think) dedicated to an actual arcade (Keystone) and interviewing people.

Sadly the current 1UP is just a dead horse, where the only new things that happen are them losing key/memorable features of the past.
The guys from Keystone II who are also part of iplaywinner.com still partner up with 1up alot. Haunts from ipw did the MK review for them for example
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HitmanAgent47

If you really want to know, there are a ton of us that wants to get some pc gaming coverage. It's always ignored unless brad plays starcraft 2, otherwise it's overlooked over consoles. Some of us really enjoy articles about windows pc gaming, even tested has a few every now and then unlike this site. If you wanted me to voice my honest opinion, I would say a bit more pc coverage, not just the big games like the witcher 2.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karl_Boss

I want to read about The Rapture.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By nintendoeats

Retro news. Solve the mysteries of gaming histories...like...did Nolan Bushnell steal Pong from a legal standpoint?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By yoshimitz707
@kingzetta

Hamburgers

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RagingLion
@mnzy said:
I'm a stats freak and I would really like to know a little bit about how game development is spread around the globe. Where are the centers today, how do the different continents compare etc.
I'm from Europe and I feel like the industry is unscrutable over here. There are some guys in Sweden, some in the UK, Crytek from Germany, but I feel like it's all pretty much a blur.
But I could also see this being really boring to other people.

Also, I enjoyed "Building the Bastion" alot, something like that is always nice for me.
Actually, these are some good points.  There's bigger games that now come out places other than just North America, UK, Japan and the traditional centres of game development.  Would be interesting to get a sense of these new powerhouses that are developing and how this is changing/will change the gaming landscape.  There's all kinds of angles that could be taken with this I guess.  For example, when it comes to South America I only know of Ace team as game developers but surely there's other guys doing stuff there.  Also, what about the demand for games in these different places.  I've heard a few things suggesting PC gaming's huge in Russia.  What games are popular in different countries - are there any interesting/surprising things with that (I saw one person claim once that Braid was popular and beloved in Iran).
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kingzetta
@yoshimitz707 said:
@kingzetta

Hamburgers

damn straight
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By louiedog

How about a story on studios with a lot of talent, like Raven, who end up being rolled up into the massive asset generation machine for big budget annualized franchises like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Barrock
@patrickklepek said:

Have at it.

Patrick is there any chance of that Playstation Home experiment becoming a reality? 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Battlefield 3

go to DICE HQ, Patrick. 
go to DICE HQ with a shotgun and force them to reveal some info at gunpoint.
patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By patrickklepek

I'd love to make the PlayStation Home series actually happen. Maybe after E3.

Also, I maybe wanna punch the guy who suggested top ten lists.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RobertOrri
More retro quick looks? (Yes, yes, I know you said "read", I'll stop) 

...but seriously. More retro quick looks, please! Or just looking back at older titles (or not so old, even just from the PS2/GCN/Xbox era) and contrast them with more modern stuff.

@nintendoeats said:

Retro news. Solve the mysteries of gaming histories...like...did Nolan Bushnell steal Pong from a legal standpoint?

Oh hey, that's a neat idea.
Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Beaudacious

Looks at games we North Americans, or Western Society Citizens  wouldn't usually play.

Or

Developer Gossip, oh juicy gossip......mmhm

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By No0b0rAmA

PC Gaming and everything related to it, including why it's the best way to play video games.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By animateria
@Beaudacious said:
Looks at games we North Americans, or Western Society Citizens  wouldn't usually play.

I thought that was Dave's job.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Azteck
@VilhelmNielsen said:
More "Inside baseball"-kind of things! All the Activision stuff is great!
I, too, love me some good gossip from time to time.
Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Shady-ass inside baseball. Do an expose of Zynga or something.

The retro news idea is good too.

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ciffy

I really enjoyed the Portal in the classroom piece and would love to see more like it.  More stuff that's not necessarily about new games, but other places games are popping up.  Hope that makes sense.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By ptys

I'm interested at how video games are viewed by the mainstream, how healthy the industry is compared to say movies or television. Stuff like L.A. Noire being the first game to make it into the Tribeca Film Festival, what benefits would that bring? I liked your stuff about "videogames are officially art" etc, as I feel I'm the only person in my circle of friends who knows about stuff like Mass Effect and Assassins Creed. I think it's still viewed as a kids medium and people just don't understand what they are missing.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ravenousrattler

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mutha3

More editorials, for sure. I'm satisfied with the content we've been saying from the news section lately, but I still feel the site could stand to have some more original written content. Even though you've done great so far, Patrick!

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VirtuaXav

I want stories about vidja games.