• 53 results
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Edited By coolarman

Poll How annoying is Game Console Fanboyism (199 votes)

Really fucking annoying 42%
pretty annoying 23%
Eh, Whatever 29%
not really annoying 2%
not annoying at all 5%

With the new announcement of the PS4 I have seen that console fanboyism has sprung up again. Not that it ever went away it just felt that it was kind of silent for a while over the past few years. So I would like to know how annoying is console fanboyism?

• 
tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tallTuck94

To be honest I see more PC fanboyism or elitism, but it fucking sucks. no one can just enjoy what they have, they have to shit all over what they don't have too.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Seriously annoying, just chill, relax and play your games as they were intended to be played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It used to irritate me, but that was a long time ago. I've learned to ignore most of the noise. I'm guilty of doing this back during the SNES/Genesis, PS1/Saturn/N64, and even during the early parts of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube "wars." I looked at the mirror and didn't like what I saw. And what did I gain from my participation in all this silliness? Nothing, really. So now I ignore most of it.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty annoying especially when it comes to not giving perfect scores to any console exclusives.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was fine back when there was actually a difference between the consoles, now it's just hilariously stupid.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coolarman

Pretty annoying especially when it comes to not giving perfect scores to any console exclusives.

Word.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MezZa

Pretty annoying. I understand why people feel the need, but that doesn't make it much better.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By pr1mus

Pretty annoying but it doesn't keep me up at night.

It's just stupid. It's alright to have a preferred console but going "Hell yeah PS4! Fuck the nextbox because fuck micro$oft that's why!1!!" is just dumb.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, all the way annoying.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Subjugation

Just ignore it.

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threads on all forums are going to be a bloodbath if the new Xbox drops this year. You'll see it quickly escalate when they give something to get hype over.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always annoyed by it, dating back to the Genesis/SNES days. I thought it was weird even then. I had a Genesis and a Turbografx, but once the SNES came out, I couldn't pump my parents for any more money, so I had to go without. All the neighborhood kids assumed I was one of those Sega freaks who hates Nintendo, like in the ads. Fuck that, I wanted a Super Nintendo and bad.

Everybody has preferences. I still do. A bit partial to Nintendo, but not to the exclusion of other systems. That would have left me in a bad spot during the PS2 era.

Fanboyism is bad for your gaming health.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uhtaree

This should be fun. With so much parity, this gen just feels like a bloodbath to me. I can't wait for the first company to insult the other.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Eh, whatever. They can do their thing, being annoyed won't make them stop. Just do your thang and ignore the rabid fans!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I pump my parents for money

You know that's frowned upon in certain circles.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm really annoyed by it but I don't spend my waking hours thinking about it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By DarthOrange

I actually enjoy console fanboys, because they are mostly children under the age of 15 and it is fun to hear their passion for the industry, even if it is misguided.

PC fanboyism is the worst though, because those guys are usually grown fucking nerds who are smart enough to build a PC and still like to act like ass wipes. Those motherfuckers should know better.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really fucking annoying, nobody cares what system you play, just STFU and talk about a common interest.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah fuck all of us who play on a PC. We are the scum of the earth. Ridiculous.

Anyway, it's kind of annoying but it's fairly easy to avoid. And people on these boards seem, if nothing else, at least more prone to keep it out of discussions. It was way worse back when I used to frequent Gamespot more, in the days before GB.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By HH

PC fanboyism is the worst though, because those guys are usually grown fucking nerds who are smart enough to build a PC and still like to act like ass wipes. Those motherfuckers should know better.

yep, far more annoying

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Sit down and just play some goddamn games. Never really understood fanboyism (if that is even a word).

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Fanboyism" is just a euphemism for fanaticism. Fanaticism often makes situations let alone the world a sadder place.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DonPixel

I have grow to enjoy it, quoting Erin Morgenstein: "The circus itself is my personal ideal entertainment venue."

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jams said:

@frankfartmouth said:

I pump my parents for money

You know that's frowned upon in certain circles.

You're mixing me up with this guy.

Loading Video...

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Console fanboyism doesn't really happen any-

Yes, Console Fanboyism is VERY annoying

Oh, right. Forgot about those assholes.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboyism of all kinds annoys the hell out of me, but I think we've got it good in the game community. Movie and music fanboys are so much worse than even the most diehard "PC Master Race" douchewaffle.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

It's annoying enough that I really don't want to stay in this thread any longer than necessary. So dirty...

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to kinda bothered by it but now I'm like whatever. I find the people that lurk on IGN's video reviews to be the real shitheads here. Bunch of racists and they all have the mentality of "If the game doesn't get a 10 IGN are biased COD lovers!!!!111one"

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master race reporting in.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I find PC fanboyism much more annoying.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#32  Edited By Danteveli

Its about 75% of PC fanboyism on my annoying things scale.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand what there is to brag about. I have this expensive paperweight, you have the other one, let's dance! Stupid..

MeganeAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would find it annoying if it weren't so hilarious.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Console fanboyism. PC fanboyism (which, honestly, I think is far more common these days...). It's all fucking annoying. Honestly, I just need to stop visiting forums (other than this one of course) and reading Youtube comments (I know, I'm fucking up haha) because fanboyism drives me up the fucking wall. I know it shouldn't get to me at all, but it does. It really does.

It fucking blows my mind that people feel the need to act snobby over video games. Fucking video games. You didn't paint the Sistine Chapel. You bought a goddamn PC or you bought a console and, for some reason, that gives precedence to lord over those with different tastes? What. the. fuck.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I hate people.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Fanboyism wouldn't be so goddamn annoying if it was just people being really really happy and into their thing of choice. Because of this, I voted "Eh, whatever".

What is REALLY annoying is how said fans tend to be dismissive or outright negative about things other than those they like. Love xbox? Sure, I don't have a problem with that - even if people like that can ignore things which they may like which appear on other platforms. Buy a PS3 on launch day and smash it in front of the waiting crowds?

Fuck you.

Love pc? Sure, I understand that - the PC is a great platform for games. Continue to love the PC - more power to you. Try to convince other people to not buy consoles because you're dismissive of the experiences they present and want to impose that feeling upon others?

Fuck you.

So yeah - I like it when people love things. Loving things is awesome. It's when that love turns to hate of other things that is truly annoying, and thankfully nowhere near all fanboys do this. Just the vocal minority.

(...or so I hope - for fucking humanity's goddamn fucking sake - cos fuck those people)

Sorry. Perhaps I should have voted for the top option.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@selfconfessedcynic: Good post, you pretty much summed up my feelings as well as reminding me of the disaster that was the PS3 launch. Just remember guys, people died trying to buy their PS3's.

No Caption Provided

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's really funny to see people complaining about PC elitism. There's a reason that crowd is so volatile: they've been getting fucked in the ass for years on the objectively better system.

Most of what I see isn't really vitriolic anyway; it's mostly just "yeah I wish these publishers would sell me the games I want to pay them for and/or release them properly." The only insults I see from the PC camp are toward publishers or developers, while the console fanboys mostly sling insults toward each other.

All points aside, it's pretty easy to see when someone's an idiot, so I usually just ignore those comments. I get the feeling that most of the people who are actively annoyed by fanboyism just don't spend enough time on the internet (the same goes for a lot of other things people claim are awful and terrible, like multiplayer communities, 4chan & equivalents, etc.). You just get used to shrugging it off.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What this guy said.

To be honest I see more PC fanboyism or elitism, but it fucking sucks. no one can just enjoy what they have, they have to shit all over what they don't have too.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By monkeyking1969

I don't mind people saying what they enjoy and what they love over other things..even if what they love is empirically not very good in the grand scheme of things. The tricky part is being angry, you have to be right/correct when you bitch about something. An impassioned angry tirades about something bad is fine, as long as you are right and prove it. Being happy about something doesn't require you to be right.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By nightriff

Compared to PC elitists? Not even close....assholes

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SlashDance

If you see more PC fanboyism, wait until the next Xbox is announced. It's gonna be 2005 all over again.

I feel like console fanboyism kinda became less of a thing these past few years. Maybe it's because most people are now able to afford both consoles, which pretty much destroys the whole reason for fanboyism ("I paid a lot of money for this thing, I can only have made the best decision, therefore your console sucks").

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I see way more people shitting on PC gamers and PC gaming in general than I do console fanboyism and pc elitism. Its all pretty dumb to be honest.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Just as annoying as any kind of fanboyism.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By twigger89

@alexw00d said:

I see way more people shitting on PC gamers and PC gaming in general than I do console fanboyism and pc elitism. Its all pretty dumb to be honest.

This.

I don't understand where this new found anger toward pc gamers has come from but it's definitely on the rise. I think people are confusing factual statements about pcs (ie technically speaking pcs are the best/most powerful console or pc games generally have a depth through mods and customization that is rarely if ever seen in console games) with elitism (ie people who play games on consoles are ignorant peons who have no sense of taste).

Just because a particular platform is technically better, or has more options, it doesn't mean it's more fun or better overall. I hope people can understand the nuance there and not misconstrue any mention of pc gaming's advantages as elitism.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

It used to bother me a whole lot - I even wrote a blog post about it on 1UP back in 2006, but I just abstain from any discussion of "which is better" and just enjoy all games regardless of the platform.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I have not seen any of that since I stopped going to the gamespot forums. Is it still a thing? Why would anybody have blind loyality to a console now?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ravenlight

After reading the comments here, "fanboyism" has lost all meaning and now looks like a random jumble of letters.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

Agreed. It's dumb, and makes anyone who says it look ridiculous.