Gave them 1$ cuz im a dick.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By august

I don't think THQ is going to make a significant amount of money from basically giving away some of their most popular games. It seems more like a classy way to go out of business.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#103  Edited By musubi

Speaking of game soundtracks... I feel not enough have given props to one of the most amazing things ever. The entire voice cast of SR 3 singing Sublime's "Thats what I got" during the credit scroll. Absolute. Fucking. Genius.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FierceDeity

@Simplexity said:

Gave them 1$ cuz im a dick.

I wonder how much the bandwidth for the 30(?) GB costs.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By jakob187

I'm paying $1.00 for this. I know, I know. "They could use the money, blah blah blah".

However, I'm going to be doubling up on some of these by getting them on PC...and I already have Saints Row The Third (complete package) on Steam.

So...there's that.

Also, there's this sweet news story about how the stock of THQ has gone up 40% since this Humble Bundle started. Very cool to hear!

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By Omegus

what happened to forcing games they sell to be cross platform? Very frustrated.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By wrighteous86

@DuskVamp said:

I already have Saints Row, but I'll pay over the average to get it on my PC too. These humble bundles are seriously adding to my back log! Too many games, not enough time!

Play Phoenix Wright already!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Now I can finally go back and play Metro 2033 and Darksiders.What a great deal.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I just bought this and installed saints row the third.... man it is just as good as people have said and way better! With my 560ti it absolutely kills it, looks amazing, first impression is awesome so far.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zuldim

I won't lie, although the bundle is definitely worth it, and it would be stupid to complain about anything, I was pretty bummed out to find out this is licensed, and isn't on the Saints Row: The Third soundtrack.

Hey, the main theme is pretty great though.

Inquisitor_Sif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Inquisitor_Sif

Remember that all the games are digital distributed. It means that it doesn't cost THQ anything (except for the share ratio with the partner in the deal). And thus, all the money they get turn into profit, not revenue. I think we need more of this during the holiday season.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By vaportra1l

I paid 10 bucks, even though I had all the games except Armageddon because why not.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The_Nubster

Ten bucks, even though I own Darksiders and Saints Row, don't want Armageddon and have no interest in Company of Heroes. Long live THQ!

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By Anund

Paid $25 even though I had the games I was interested in (CoH, Darksiders, Metro 2033). I think paying less than $10 for a bundle like this is almost an insult.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Ghostiet

@august said:

I don't think THQ is going to make a significant amount of money from basically giving away some of their most popular games. It seems more like a classy way to go out of business.

Maybe not significant, but they have the potential to earn quite a bit. They've already surpassed the amount of cash HIB 6 earned in a week ($2,048,501) in less than 24 hours. If they throw in something decent for week 2, they might earn even more.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Totally picked this up on the first day, cannot recommend it enough.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SSully

I think it's pretty cool how a big portion of the top donations are coming from game devs, some of which at THQ.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By jakob187

Wait a minute. Someone mentioned that they might add MORE to this bundle?

Why in the fuck would I buy it now?! Why not wait until they end up adding something else into it?

Now I'm torn on whether to buy it now or later...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#119  Edited By AndrewB

@jakob187: Because all past Humble Bundles have added games for people paying over the average price. As long as you pay over the average, you'll get the games. That means (currently) spending closer to $6.

Only reason I'm not buying is because I already own most of those games (really don't care about that particular Red Faction game or expansion packs to Company of Heroes).

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#120  Edited By jonnybob

They have officially added more to the Bundle, now you can get your hands on the action RPG Titan Quest and Red Faction: Armageddon's mission pack, Path to War. Just have to pay more than the average. ($5.58 at the moment)

deano546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By deano546

Disappointed they haven't added Red Faction Guerilla, I guess I could play my 360 copy, but, ew, console.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By mike

Too bad they're not giving away Titan Quest: Gold...Immortal Throne is a great expansion pack.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By gamefreak9

TBH this isn't my fav bundle, nothing tops the indie bundle. Braid, Limbo, Lone Survivor, Superbrothers, Psychonauts... etc. Just because these are more expensive games doesn't mean they are more fun. To me it seems like half of them are made obsolete by the other half, the only good value in there is saints row.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124  Edited By JoeyRavn

I bought the pack last week, hoping they would add something nice on week 2. And while Titan Quest is a great game, I already have the Gold edition on Steam, and the DLC for Red Faction is... well, DLC for Red Faction. No need for me to beat the average this time.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Nardak

Well THQ will probably go down because of Homefront. I dont really understand why publishers cant try to do smaller scale games which when succesfull can be given additional resources for developing a sequel.

Instead medium sized game publishers are taking really large risks when they really cant take the losses if the product fails to sell the needed amount.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#126  Edited By Phatmac

@Nardak said:

Well THQ will probably go down because of Homefront. I dont really understand why publishers cant try to do smaller scale games which when succesfull can be given additional resources for developing a sequel.

Instead medium sized game publishers are taking really large risks when they really cant take the losses if the product fails to sell the needed amount.

Wrong. They're going down due to Udraw. Homefront hit a million mark in sales so it wasn't that bad of an investment.

macog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By macog

They have updated the bundle with Titan Quest and the expansion for Red Faction

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Vexxan

Paid $10 for the bundle on the first day so pretty to just re-visit that unique link they send to the buyers and just generate codes for those 2 new items they added.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#129  Edited By Phatmac

Does anyone want the DLC to Red Faction: Armageddon? No? Ok.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ShaggE

I was wondering if they'd add a game or two, as is customary for these bundles. Good to see they chose Titan Quest, a game I've wanted to try for awhile. Not so hot on the RF:A DLC, but I'm not exactly going to complain. Besides, that game isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's certainly not GOOD, but I've played far worse.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Eh, I already own TQ and that RF DLC does not interest me. Steam Giveaways ahoy!

@ShaggE: I went into Red Faction, saying "how bad can it be?"

Then Cooldude Brofist started talking, and I knew. I've played 3 hours, but I just don't know how much Coolbro I can handle. Some really bad voice acting all around, not to mention how literally I should've taken Brad's warning about fighting so many of those red guys. They're fucking everywhere, and they never stop coming.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Nardak

Unfortunately 1 million copies sold wasnt enough to make Homefront successful as a game.

Here is an article from Industrygamers on the Homefront: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/homefront-needs-to-sell-2-million-to-break-even-industry-shooting-itself-in-foot/

According to the article:

Our sister site GamesIndustry.biz is reporting that THQ has acknowledged that it needs to sell 2 million copies of its much-hyped shooter Homefront just to break even.

Speaking at the Wedbush Morgan conference last night, executive vice president and chief financial officer Paul Pucino noted that most new owned IP at THQ would need to hit this mark: "When you just think in terms or profitability, the owned IP, there's a threshold of break-even of about 2 million units per game, so you have to sell somewhere in the area of 2 million copies of a game like Homefront to break even. Once you get past that you're generating incremental operating margins as high as 60 per cent.

Also usually if a game is financially succesful the studio developing it isnt closed down by the publisher.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ShaggE

@SirOptimusPrime: It's a podcast game for sure. Big McLargehuge's plight isn't exactly compelling, and those bugs don't really call for high strategy. But that magnet gun may be the best thing since the Gravity Gun, so I'm compelled to trundle on.

I think my main issue is the animation priority. Every animation seems to take a second too long, and it's weird how that little thing adds up to become super annoying. I can't even express what exactly it is that annoys me about it, but it gnaws at me while playing.

Also, the game isn't very well optimized, either. I'm not running a supercomputer here, but I shouldn't have the framerate issues that I do.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@ShaggE: The magnet gun was fun for a little while, but since the game really doesn't call for anything other "hold left mouse button" it just feels weird throwing these big generators at bugs when I can just shoot 'em a whole bunch. I especially hate how the maul just kind of hovers over/around every single enemy if you're aiming at a specific angle.

That's weird to hear about the framerate. I get occasional stutter on the cutscenes, but I'm getting a solid 60 on a mid-range setup (6850/Phenom II, dx11 + everything at high minus shadows and no AA @1600x900), so I dunno. Game does get weird hiccups every once and a while when I'm just doing sort of nothing.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ShaggE

@SirOptimusPrime: Hmmm, maybe it's just me then. I'll mess with my drivers a bit later.

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Titan Quest and the DLC for Red Faction Armageddon have been added to the bundle, with teases of more content to be added.  Personally I'm hoping either Homefront or Saints Row 2 sneak their way into the bundle :D

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Ducksworth

@superfunhappygun said:

So Titan Quest and the DLC for Red Faction Armageddon have been added to the bundle, with teases of more content to be added. Personally I'm hoping either Homefront or Saints Row 2 sneak their way into the bundle :D

What's been said/shown that teases of more content being added?

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ducksworth: Jason Rubin tweeted this:" The THQHumbleBundle now includes Titan Quest for those that donate higher than average. More titles to come???... "
@PollySMPS: I just want to try it, see what it's all about :)
Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Ducksworth

Was Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War always a part of the bundle? If not, just added!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Vexxan

@Ducksworth: It was indeed added just now, the deal was already insane to start with but with all the extra games added afterwards it's just ridiculous.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Doctorchimp

Man was kinda hoping they'd throw in that Titan Quest Expansion.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By fattony12000

SO.

MUCH.

VALUE.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Subjugation

I love that I keep getting these emails notifying me that a new game has been added to the bundle. Best value EVER.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By BigBoss1911

Quick question, i don't have a credit or debit card but can I use one of those online shopping cards to buy this?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#147  Edited By BeachThunder
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By zeforgotten

50 well spent, although I also already own Dawn of War(one of the only good DoW games that came out, before DoW2)  
So that's a code I guess, and it's just chilling in the matrix

mastertarvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By mastertarvin

RGL5M-DP8YF-CWW0M Here's a saints row 3 key, please post if you activate.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#150  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@Mastertarvin: Thanks!