I don't get people who drink coffee (3+ years old)

• 170 results
peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By peteycoco

I drink it because sometimes I have work to do and my uncaffeinated brain just can't do math as well as my caffeinated brain. I've tried to quit, thinking that I'd be better off without it in the long run, but nothing matches the analytic abilities of a brain on stimulants. That said I tend to drink tea more often now since coffee can leave me too wired and introspective to function in a social setting.

PS love the video. The timing of the edits is great.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I LOVE IT

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I substititued coffee for Yerba Mate and I'm never coming back. It gradually wakes you up instead of working in spikes, and the acidity of coffee was terrible for my mouth and stomach.

I drink it because sometimes I have work to do and my uncaffeinated brain just can't do math as well as my caffeinated brain. I've tried to quit, thinking that I'd be better off without it in the long run, but nothing matches the analytic abilities of a brain on stimulants.

There's an interesting theory that if you drink coffee at regular times of day, your body starts creating the caffeine antidotes before you've taken your first sip. Which makes people feel in such desperate need of coffee to wake them up (which in reality just means bringing their energy levels to a normal level).

Loading Video...

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That video level is - Mastery.

Isslander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Isslander

Coffee is great, and actually healthy, not like those horrid energy drinks.

I know that's not really the topic of this thread but I wanted to get it out there.

Girthantoklops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've noticed that more and more grown ass men gravitate to the syrup that is energy drinks over coffee these days. And guzzling monster must be pretty bad for you as compared to good old straight black coffee (the starbucks latte whatever mixtures are just as bad I'd assume.)

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By peteycoco

@imsh_pl: That's part of the reason I've tried to quit several times. As good as it can be, I really don't like being in a haze because I haven't had caffeine. (Typing this as I drink tea to get out of said haze)

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There's nothing wrong with coffee itself, it's the culture that ruined it for certain people. "I need my coffee in the morning or I can't function", "I'll have a grande, triple mocha soy latte", etc.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"

This video contains content from Victor Entertainment, Inc.. It is not available in your country.

"

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poveren said:

There's nothing wrong with coffee itself, it's the culture that ruined it for certain people. "I need my coffee in the morning or I can't function", "I'll have a grande, triple mocha soy latte", etc.

As a guy who worked at a tiny campus town coffee shop for a few years: yes, absolutely. Coffee is great, a lot of the people who love it are unbearable. That can be said about any fandom. There are probably coffee drinkers who listen to me wax on about Thirty Flights of Loving and think "this guy is an asshole."

Avatar image for deactivated-58a3c9b2cc154
deactivated-58a3c9b2cc154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice click-bait.

somamilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coffee is a great alternative to drinking an energy drink, don't get me wrong I still drink both, but coffee I feel is more of a flavorful and relaxing drink. I feel like I can't drink an energy drink calmly sitting at a table enjoying the day like i can with a coffee.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I mostly started drinking coffee in college when I went to go study. I hated it. But buying energy drinks when I was exhausted was getting really expensive since the coffee shop in the library was selling them for like $3. Drip coffee was like $.50 and free refills. I just used to put a lot of cream and sugar in it to make it taste, well, like sugar. Now I drink most coffee black. It's very much an acquired taste, but once you get used to the bitterness it's pretty good. Then again there are a lot of foods that are very similar. Initially off-putting but once your palette adjusts to this new flavor, you grow to enjoy it, and taste the differences.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I've never drank coffee or energy drinks. I'm naturally so twitchy I have trouble getting to sleep, and any caffeine pushes me into "incoherent babbling and hallucinations" territory.

From what I understand, this isn't normal. I envy those people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've started drinking coffee again to get some energy during the day but now I'm running into the problem of not getting enough sleep. Instead of going to bed earlier or getting up later, I go to sleep really late and get up really early and just have some coffee and then I feel as great as ever. For a while at least.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink coffee or espresso all day.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an addiction that people are OK with, I guess. I've never drank a cup in my life. It get sick when I smell it.

simplesimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw, the video is not available in Australia?

It's an acquired taste. I only started liking it once I was an adult and worked late and needed it to stay lively. Now it's my favourite hot bev.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at the point where I don't really drink coffee, but I make it anyway for the smell. A cup of Kahlua coffee makes my whole house smell for an hour or two, it's great :)

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This thread is three years old and people are still confusing it for being genuinely based around the OP not liking coffee. Amazing