I got my snes classic pre-order in... did you?

• 117 results
Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Yoshisaur

@hippie_genocide:

Fair enough. I definitely would have bought an NES classic had I found one, but I never did.

Maybe they have some intent to reprint these at some point, or release the collections on the Switch. In the meantime, yeah, they are absolutely missing out on some sales.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#102  Edited By Brendan

I'd really like one of these for the novelty but I just don't care enough to deal with the bullshit. If Nintendo doesn't have the ability or as a strategy doesn't want to produce enough to meet demand then they'll miss out on my money, simple as that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Not diving into all this pre-order nonsense. I'll check a store when it comes out, and if it's there I'll buy it. If not, fuck it.

It was cute with, like, the Wii. Dunno why they don't just make more of this shit that people clearly wanna buy, and instead put on this dog and pony show.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I snagged one purely on happenstance. I had some fun money and Danny retweetd that Wario64 post. The NES was a bit before my time so I don't have a serious love for those early games. I have enough versions of Mario and when it became scarce, I was fine not having one. The SNES lineup is great and there's only like...3 games I wish were there: Chrono Trigger, Final Fight and Turtles in Time. Maybe Act Raiser. But I get why those aren't there. I have a NES/SNES 3rd party system for stuff like that anyway (mainly Kirby's Avalanche)

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Walmart, I have one. We'll see. At least it was easy & I didn't have to do anything special...I even had to fill out my CC info from scratch since whatever was saved on there was too old.

Plug for nowinstock.net which has served me well for this, Switch, Zelda special edition, NES Classic, and even Bravely Second collectors edition. Sometimes their alerts are false positives but it's an easy way to keep on top of stuff; if you're near a computer when the alert comes it's easy enough to just try.

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want this thing, but the timing when it opens up seems to always be terrible for me. What I don't get is why these seem to be limited runs...If you can't meet demand the first go around, why not release another wave a few months later when things settle down with the Switch or something? If the argument is that they'd rather you buy the games on Switch, I don't get why they're making these at all in the first place. Anyway maybe I can find one when they actually release.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudkatt said:

What I don't get is why these seem to be limited runs...If you can't meet demand the first go around, why not release another wave a few months later when things settle down with the Switch or something? If the argument is that they'd rather you buy the games on Switch, I don't get why they're making these at all in the first place. Anyway maybe I can find one when they actually release.

Nintendo plays things differently than I think we're used to from most companies. It's been said that they do a long term approach to running the company. Things like long system runs for handhelds show as much. But they balance that out with short run things they consider superfluous or at least that it appears they do. Limited edition console skins and stuff that I think plays into the more trendy Japanese market. Popup themed stores adn restaurants are apparently a big thing there and I see this as a similar mentality. It's not a console, it's a new flavored ice cream that they may keep doing or may not. I would think after two successful rounds of sales, they will continue it, but the N64 doesn't have the same depth/love as the S/NES so maybe they move on to something else. Who knows.

RonnieBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan said:
@cornfed40 said:

Ive been doing my part to at least mess up scalper's plans for a few days at least by reporting every single one I see on Ebay haha

No Caption Provided

That's pretty wack / narc-ish actually. It's completely Nintendo's fault that there's a 'scalping' market.

Eh, it's just a minor roadblock for scalpers. The eBay policy will be in effect for only the next few days. Once we get to within 30 days of the SNES Classic's release on Sept. 29, the scalping floodgates will be thrown open.

Anyway, though I don't agree with the shortage, I can understand it somewhat. The NES Classic was indeed a huge, huge hit, but the SNES wasn't as big of a seller, so Nintendo may not've been sure how much of a nostalgia pull this one would have, especially for $20 more.

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MudKatt

@ragnar_mike: Thinking about it like that does make sense. Seems to me that's the only way this does make any sense at all. That being said, it sure seems like leaving these products behind is not much different than leaving money on the table. I have 0 interest in buying all these games on a VC that can't be transferred to the new system, but if you told me NES classics were going to be released again in 6 months, I would totally buy one. I have no problem waiting, I just wish they would be willing to/explain that they might visit these mini systems again at some point, when the time is more convenient. The idea that this is limited is pretty frustrating to someone like me who doesn't have time to deal with the nonsense it takes at this time to try and order one.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Has anyone elses Amazon order changed to "We need a little more time to know when this will ship" instead of the release date? I'm sort of concerned because when this happened in the past with some rarer items I never got it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ripelivejam

I might sit in line for this at a certain retailer like I did for my Switch (which was *relatively* painless)

In any case, if I see it I will buy it. Not making the NES Classic mistake again.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

I wanted to get the SNES Classic for precisely one reason: StarFox 2. I have no idea if this is a good reason, but it's kind of irrelevant. The struggle to get a pre-order in for something that has sold out before a single unit has even shipped holds no appeal for me. On the off chance I ever see one on a store shelf or on Amazon during usual waking hours, I might pick one up. As it stands now, nope, not getting one. My SNES still works and I have the vast majority of the games on the list. I was just curious to see what StarFox 2 was all about. Maybe I can borrow a friends Classic at some point in the future.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And your the reason why these kinds of things dont continue to be made.

@ezekiel said:

I got ten of them. Had my friends in position all over town. Should make a great profit.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By circlenine

It'd be a neat piece of nostalgia to get, but like the NES Classic I cannot be bothered with how fucking hard they are to find.

If once they're out I just see one in a store I'll probably pick one up, but I'm not going to put in any extra effort to find the thing.

MStankow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got texted me right when pre-orders went live. Managed to pre-order one.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

When I didn't get the NES-Mini I just made a Retro-Pi. I'm pretty set for now.

I'm a little disappointed that my options for legally acquiring Star Fox 2 are so limited, but so be it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whodda thunk.

Nintendo Increases Inventory of Super NES Classic Edition; NES Classic Edition Returns to Stores in 2018

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: I heard on LRR's news show that Reggie basically said "We thought it would sell bad like all those shitty Atari boxes." without naming names of course. Nintendo are slow to move, but they do have the ability to follow a hit. So good for them. If that NES is 60 again and not a crazy shitshow to get it, I might pick one up as well. Less beloved games for me there, but still some bangers worth having, especially if they put in some longer cables like the SNES.