I missed it, where the link for Community GOTY

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

In all the confusion I missed the tally of the Community GOTY? If there a link to see how the tabulation worked out, I would love to see it.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

Submissions ended on the 6th so it could come out today at the earliest. That's just my guess.

AlexPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I never even saw a post asking for submissions..? :(

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I missed it too, the first time I saw anything about it was on one of the Instagram posts the day after it closed.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yeah. GB did a poor job of surfacing it this year. I had to dig to find the form despite knowing it had been posted. I feel like in prior years it always had a prominent front page spot.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I wonder if the number of votes cast this year is lower than the number cast last year. It seems many people missed the opportunity to vote this time around.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I missed it. I gave it some thought, but all the GB GOTY stuff just took the wind out of my sails and I forgot about it. Oh, well.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I voted but I used a google search to find the link. Also it’ was really strange that the Community ballot link was more visible by posters on the GB Subreddit and GB Resetera Thread than it ever was on proper GB.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yeah. GB did a poor job of surfacing it this year. I had to dig to find the form despite knowing it had been posted. I feel like in prior years it always had a prominent front page spot.

Yep, this was mostly my fault for not making sure it was promoed better on the homepage over the break. I threw up links on Twitter and Facebook a couple times over the break but I definitely understand the frustration if people missed it - obviously the homepage was full of GOTY stuff over those weeks but I still should've manually promoed it on the homepage better. Sorry about that! Still learning all the ins and outs of the new homepage. I'll try to get the votes together sometime this week and add this to the GOTY postmortem so we can do a better job of making sure everyone sees it this year.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Yes it is working, I just voted. Thanks Rorie

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rorie: I just voted. Resurfacing the article and opening voting back up was very cool of you.

Thanks, Rorie! You’re a force for good around here!

AlexPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, Rorie. That's great!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@rorie said:

@nutter: @shinofkod: @theuprightman: @alexph:

Can you see if you're able to vote in it now? I extended the end date for it. If so I can open it back up for a week or so and promo it on the homepage. Let me know!

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/goty-2019-community-voting-begins/1100-5925/

This is great I hope people take teh opportunity to vote. I always liked seeing the trend of what they whole community thought. The 'special guest GOTY' entries always bring in interesting choices, but you see a wide expanse of games from the whole community.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@rorie: I also missed it despite keeping an eye out for it, so thank you for re-opening it Rorie!