User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Gunner
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Gunner said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Gunner said:
"diz said:
"Have you never had a PC break on you?"
Stupid question is stupid. Of course he has, everyone has but at least computers are repairable by the user, open up an xbox or ps3 and you void the warranty and even then consoles are so different from a PC that you are unlikely to actually fix it."
and computers are repairable to the user if they know what they are doing nearly all centralized computer makers *dell, hp...ect* the warrenty is void if you put components in the system that weren't originally there atleast if you keep those components in the system, And some computers WILL just fail completely no return, no proceed to go no easy fix by the user.

PC gaming is not the end all be all thing its as messy, faulty and problematic as console gaming.
"
And the only people who buy computers from dell, hp exc. are console gamers, any real PC gamer builds his own computer, not exactly rocket science."
yep and the amount of people that built their own are about 10-20% of total computer users IF that, just like console gaming the casuals control things you have no idea what your talking bout since you think console gamers own prebuilt computers and only prebuilt, there are many hardcore pc gamers that build insane rigs that own consoles too, I used to build my own computers and used to be pretty good at computers when it came to hardware and i knew html and quit a few programs in and out including office, excell, pdf...ect  but they were simply as a hobby i didnt put them to any practical use, and after a while i found console games had reached pc abbilities and i saw no reason to put money into the sink called pc gaming.

The simple fact is if you want to play the best games whenever they are released you have to have the hardware that can do that, and that ususally means a yearly upgrade of atleast your graphics card you buy your self time by splurrging and building the best of the best pc you can but in the end your gonna have to upgrade or get a new pc eventually pc games are nortorious for pushing the specs so hard that atleast once a year you have to do some sort of upgrade, that was the way it was with me i would ususally start out with a pc of medium power and had to update it once or so a year if i had splurrged and went with the top of the line it might be longer per upgrade but its a simple fact this is true you can have these hermits *pc fanboys* come out of the wood work pull out these fancy computers costing them only 600 dollars but watch in a year or less that pc will not be capable of playing the latest game at its highest and half the time they wont ever include an OS, keyboard, mouse, monitor...ect because they believe that all of this is interchangeable though id not wanna use an 10 year old monitor on my brand new pc or the default keyboard and mouse and even on linux its once 4-5 years that the better new distro is released just like windows..

I gave up and started buying prebuilts long ago its cheaper, and easier and i can do what i need to do.

"
I would love a link to those numbers (remember, were talking about gaming computers, not the average computer user), when i say "console gamers" i mean people who primarely play games on consoles, you wont find someone spending thousands of dollars to build their own "super computer" only to play all of their games on a console will you?

Its not fucking rocket science. You buy $700 worth of computer parts, build your computer, 6 months passes, buy another 2gb of ram, another 6 months passes, but a video card, another 6 months, but a new CPU exc. Whatever your system needs, no one said it was going to be cheap but its a hell of a lot more satisfying to build and fix your won creation than to have to send in a console to a big coperation to fix it for you for an outrageous price.

WilliamRLBaker said:
"hell i remember when half life 2 was released on steam all the problems people had steam activation problems, running the game on their hardware problems people would get the minimum spec system and the game wouldn't even run, some couldn't get to run good on recommend specs because the game was so taxing, people with 6 month old systems couldn't get it to run cause the game was that demanding on systems, Look at crysis when it was released, something like 70% of the computer owning population couldn't play it."
I remember when the RRoD problem was happening, microsoft denying that it was even a problem and all, then other problems started to happen so microsoft made a warrenty that didnt even cover those problems... But hey, at least it was a 3 year warrenty.

See i can do it to!