I'm sorry I'm beating a dead horse... I miss the Endurance Run :(

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By SBYM

I started re-watching the Persona 4 ER a couple of nights ago; I'm a sad, lonely person. I would really like another ER. Also, GAH what is wrong with you jeez get over it already what's your problem they don't want to do it move on with your life shut up.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Animasta
@FluxWaveZ said:

" The Persona 4 Endurance Run is the best thing that has, and ever will, come from this site for me. I heavily doubt any other Endurance Run could surpass the original.  Yeah, and the lack of recent content from the site is disheartening. "

they did just finish going to like 2 trade shows. They'll get goin again, don't worry.

also, I know people really love the P4 Endurance Run and even the DP one (I do too) you guys DO realize that if they see it as a chore, like they semi-did with DP, It won't be as entertaining? Vinny and Jeff played persona 4 because they were interested in it. I'm fairly sure they were interested in DP as well, but continually asking for one, getting one of a game they would rather not play, would be worse than not getting one at all.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i would honestly love it if them to do another ER.  but i mean i think we should just leave it be.  they could be investing their time and energy into a different and awesome video series here on GB.  i would rather watch that, than a completely forced ER.   

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By MikkaQ

I think the only real reason they ever said "the more you ask, the less likely you'll get one" is just to say that.. well these wouldn't be as good if they were forced. As it stands, I don't think another one will happen for a while, if at all. If the right game rolls around, and the right amount of enthusiasm for that game is developed by the staffers, I don't see why it couldn't happen. But it's just not entirely likely, especially with everyone just constantly asking for a new one, it takes a bit away from the spontaneity of the ERs.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By LiquidSwords

Jeff has also stated that the suggestions given by people in the forums are not great and so off the mark. If it happens it it happens but don't ask or cry for one.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#107  Edited By vager

The main reason I liked the ER was the fact that it was part of my morning ritual.  
I woke up early and watched the ER while having breakfast, just before I head to work. 

I would love to have that back again, but I can wait.

Rannos22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Rannos22
@Blair said:

" I really miss Endurance Run content.  No one is out of line for requesting that kind of content.  It may be repetitive, and I certainly don't condone hundreds of new forum topics on the subject, but the community (especially the paid members) has the right to ask for said content.  I think it's ridiculous to set up a mandate saying that "the more you ask for it, the less likely it is that we do it".  That kind of philosophy is inherently bogus and propels a false calmness that impairs demand.  It's okay to say that one doesn't want to do something, but then it's similarly okay for the opposition to voice its displeasure.  
EDIT:  I also agree with most of the sentiments here that are condemning the lack of video content.  While I certainly enjoy all of the content available to me, I think that the business model at Giant Bomb should still be focused on the personalities of the site.  I want to be overloaded with fresh new content, not regimented by a predetermined, largely-unfulfilled, stream of promised weekly rations.  I understand that timing and originality are a factor, but ultimately that's why we're paying you.  This is no longer a game of "hey, show up for all of our crazy shenanigans this week", this has evolved into a relatively significant monetarily-driven exchange.  Content for capital.  I'm not unhappy (at all!), but I'm sharing my inherently valuable information, as a consumer, subscriber and business mind in the form of raw feedback.  To sum up, I would paint myself as underwhelmed, not unsatisfied. "

I (almost) cannot agree with this more. I realize that there's been a couple conventions and bouts of illness, but lately it seems like Giant Bomb isn't what it used to be. This is most evident in the weekly bombcast which used to be one of my favorite podcasts: being both very funny and sometimes, quite informative. Now, with the NDX schism and the increasingly longer podcasts, the bombcast is a dull, overly long audio slog; being both overly informative and only occasionally funny.
It used to be that at least once a week I could come here and find myself, almost literally, laughing aloud. Now I can barely get through most of these quick looks without nodding off.
Giant Bomb NEEDS something like a Endurance Run or TANG as a kick in the pants and I, for one, wouldn't mind at all if that meant trimming/dropping TNT, Happy Hour or even the bombcast.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DrPockets000

Requests are fine until they turn into entitlement cries.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Evilsbane
@ZeForgotten said:
They were great, sure but youtube is filled with them. To me "Endurance Run" is just a slow way of saying "Let's Play"  "
They were great because they were GOOD Let's Plays which are incredible hard to come by for someone who does enjoy them. I personally thought the ER's were some of the best content on the site next to QLs, it got me in the mode of checking the site Ever single day which is something I normally don't do for websites in general. I would love to see a new one but I am willing to wait for the right game/time/place.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By zero_

I would pay for another Endurance Run. I'm sure many would as well. Get on that plus the PayPal support = easily over 15k subscriptions.

spiffyXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By spiffyXD

Doesn't matter if you paid them for a new Endurance Run. If the feeling ain't right and their hearts aren't in it, then the product won't be as entertaining. Paraphrasing Jeff, the right game has to come along and they all might just one day look at each other and go, "Yep, it's time." You can't force this stuff. 

And I agree with Blair and Rannos22's sentiments; there's something missing right now at the heart of Giant Bomb and I think it might be regular video features that made us fall in love with the site in the first place, like the Endurance Run, TANG, Video Things, etc. The Bombcast, TNT, and the Happy Hour are great features, but as a whole I feel like they don't entirely capture Giant Bomb's... quirk... or uniqueness.

Hopefully they have some awesome new features up their sleeve to grab us back in in the near future.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#113  Edited By Yanngc33

It'll come back or the gb crew would stop saying they'd ever do another one. They want to remind people that that thing still exists so that when the new one does hit, everybody will be excited. Also, they may say that the ERs are bad for the site seeing how much time they take but there's a little thing called traffic that compensates for that.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Even if they or we want one, it's probably not legally possible anymore given the ramifications that could ensue from GiantBomb being as big as it is now.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MeierTheRed

Good riddance

BadOrcLDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BadOrcLDR

I have to be honest, the thing that got me coming to GiantBomb every day was their Endurance Run. After that I fell in love with everything else, but it started with P4. 

ponyslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ponyslayer

Mortal Kombat Endurance Run

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118  Edited By megasoum
@Rannos22 said:
" @Blair said:

" I really miss Endurance Run content.  No one is out of line for requesting that kind of content.  It may be repetitive, and I certainly don't condone hundreds of new forum topics on the subject, but the community (especially the paid members) has the right to ask for said content.  I think it's ridiculous to set up a mandate saying that "the more you ask for it, the less likely it is that we do it".  That kind of philosophy is inherently bogus and propels a false calmness that impairs demand.  It's okay to say that one doesn't want to do something, but then it's similarly okay for the opposition to voice its displeasure.  
EDIT:  I also agree with most of the sentiments here that are condemning the lack of video content.  While I certainly enjoy all of the content available to me, I think that the business model at Giant Bomb should still be focused on the personalities of the site.  I want to be overloaded with fresh new content, not regimented by a predetermined, largely-unfulfilled, stream of promised weekly rations.  I understand that timing and originality are a factor, but ultimately that's why we're paying you.  This is no longer a game of "hey, show up for all of our crazy shenanigans this week", this has evolved into a relatively significant monetarily-driven exchange.  Content for capital.  I'm not unhappy (at all!), but I'm sharing my inherently valuable information, as a consumer, subscriber and business mind in the form of raw feedback.  To sum up, I would paint myself as underwhelmed, not unsatisfied. "

I (almost) cannot agree with this more. I realize that there's been a couple conventions and bouts of illness, but lately it seems like Giant Bomb isn't what it used to be. This is most evident in the weekly bombcast which used to be one of my favorite podcasts: being both very funny and sometimes, quite informative. Now, with the NDX schism and the increasingly longer podcasts, the bombcast is a dull, overly long audio slog; being both overly informative and only occasionally funny. It used to be that at least once a week I could come here and find myself, almost literally, laughing aloud. Now I can barely get through most of these quick looks without nodding off. Giant Bomb NEEDS something like a Endurance Run or TANG as a kick in the pants and I, for one, wouldn't mind at all if that meant trimming/dropping TNT, Happy Hour or even the bombcast. "
Agree! GB changed a lot over the years and mostly since they moved to the new office. Nowadays it feels a lot more like employees following a corporate line and delivering the stuff requested by the bosses. When I discovered GB, the reason I loved it so much was because it really was just a bunch of friends in a basement talking about videogames and doing stupid shit. There was a ton of random videos (office, features, etc) and eveytime I would come back to the website I had a chance to see something new. Now I simply load the pages at 9 am and noon (EST time) to see if the single daily video appeared during one of the two daily refresh "window" where new videos are posted.  

Also, GB has never been about news (I have Joystiq, Destructoid and other similar blog sites for that) so I really don't get why they keep posting articles (often 1 or 2 days late) filed with bad jokes and that seem to only serve the purpose of making the front page move a bit and give the illusion that the website has new content.

I realize that this sound like a rant which it really isn't, believe me, but I just had to get this off my chest.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Dany

I'd be totally down for Yakuza 4 enduracne Run. That quick look was awesome

chadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By chadster

I don't really understand the whole sentiment of being less likely to do Endurance Runs when people ask for them. The whole idea of having this smaller community is that the crew can communicate directly with users and be responsive to what they want. The community clearly wants endurance run, so why are they becoming more annoyed with a notion that will make site users happier? If they just said "We know, and maybe, but we need to wait for the right game to come along, and that could take a while." I think most of the community would be satisfied (sure, they'd constantly be talking about what game could be the next ER, but what's wrong with that?) but instead they have a "Never again!" attitude, even though they already doubled back on that same attitude once with Deadly Premonition. 

And I can understand that doing an ER is time-consuming and results in less other content on the site, but I think most people would gladly accept that trade-off. Maybe they just don't want so much hype because they feel they won't be able to live up to the expectations?

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By LiquidSwords

I was under the impression that people paid to support Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media. Some people think just because they paid, now have some sort of say on how they do things at GB. 

Doing a forced ER just because people demand for one will be the worst thing they could do.  ER was never a thing to begin with, just something that happened.  If it comes back it will be on their terms and on a game they feel is worthy of an ER. 

@Chadster said:

I can understand that doing an ER is time-consuming and results in less other content on the site, but I think most people would gladly accept that trade-off. 

Yeah, sorry no one would accept that. 

Let's not have Giant Bomb become some sort of gimmick website.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By DeeGee

Whiskey Media is all about talking to the people that support the site and it's community. It's pretty stupid to go around telling people that they can't ask for new features or give their opinion on what THEY as the users of the site want out of the site.

Let people say what they like, the staff will either listen to them or ignore them. So much hate against the people who voiced their opinion in this thread.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mutha3
@LiquidSwords said:

Yeah, sorry no one would accept that.   Let's not have Giant Bomb become some sort of gimmick website. "
Depends on what the trade-off is. If it means less quick-looks, then yeah, a decrease of those would be  noticed by the community. However, looking at their past ER's, we still got plenty of Quick looks during those periods.

If it means less reviews or less coverage of events like E3, frankly, I don't think anyone would really give a shit.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By Ghostiet

I miss it too. P4 ER was awesome. I was afraid the DP one would suck, but having Brad and Ryan do a competing one was refreshing.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By mutha3
@LunarAura said:

" Even if they or we want one, it's probably not legally possible anymore given the ramifications that could ensue from GiantBomb being as big as it is now. "

That's silly. Atlus and Ignition were well aware of the ER when they were going on, and GB was still a pretty goddamn large community back then. 

...If they put it behind a paywall, however, I can see companies taking issue with that.

EDIT: You know, at this point, I'd be okay with it if they just did some cool new site features. No need for an ER, but something new and fresh like that. GB feels a little stale lately.
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GeekDown

Yes, I miss it. But I completely understand why they won't do another one.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Ghostiet
@mutha3 said:

" @LunarAura said:

" Even if they or we want one, it's probably not legally possible anymore given the ramifications that could ensue from GiantBomb being as big as it is now. "
That's silly. Atlus and Ignition were well aware of the ER when they were going on, and GB was still a pretty goddamn large community back then.   ...If they put it behind a paywall, however, I can see companies taking issue with that. "
Hell, Ignition was pumped about it, since they twitted about rumors of a possibility of a DP ER.
p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By p_p_o_d

now would be a great time for a new ER. 

no big news coming untill E3.   (well its not like they write news stories anyway.....)

only a few big games over the next few months. just Portal 2 and LA noire. infamous 2 and DNF.       

the daily stream of content that comes with a endurance run would be nice right about now.   then again it might make sense to start one after e3 because E3 to august-september is normally the most boring time of the year for games.  

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By MisterChief

I agree with dropping event coverage and news posts in exchange for something else. The whole point in Giant Bomb was getting unique content not content I can get anywhere else.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130  Edited By Nasos100

yo endurance run bitches

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jack_daniels
@MisterChief said:
" I agree with dropping event coverage and news posts in exchange for something else. The whole point in Giant Bomb was getting unique content not content I can get anywhere else. "
This needs to be posted on there wall at the office. If all I care about is VG news I could just go to Kotaku.
Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't watched the P4 ER. 
That means I have 80+ hours of ER fun left. 
Jealous? 

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#133  Edited By KarlPilkington
@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:
" I still haven't watched the P4 ER. That means I have 80+ hours of ER fun left. Jealous?  "
Not unless I spoil everything for you.
Avatar image for championoftheworld
ChampionOfTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, what the heck is the endurance run?

Korrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Korrz
@mutha3 said:

" @LiquidSwords said:

Yeah, sorry no one would accept that.   Let's not have Giant Bomb become some sort of gimmick website. "
Depends on what the trade-off is. If it means less quick-looks, then yeah, a decrease of those would be  noticed by the community. However, looking at their past ER's, we still got plenty of Quick looks during those periods.  If it means less reviews or less coverage of events like E3, frankly, I don't think anyone would really give a shit. "
 I agree, as a site for actual video game news and event coverage Giant Bomb is absolutely terrible. Stories and trailers regularly go up 2-3 days after they've already hit other sites. The reason people come to this site is for lets face it, the personality of the GB crew, nothing more. It's absolutely ridiculous that they want to be in business with their audience but then tell those people that support them "the more you ask the longer it'll be" good business is listening to the people who pay for your job to exist.  I'm not saying they need to do an Endurance Run of any game the community demands, they should try and find a game that fits. It's their whole attitude toward it and the community who asks for it that is gross. Combined with their shift from the many awesome random videos to a stale regiment of 3-5 QLs, TNT, Happy Hour (Yeah the site would really lack content if they had an ER! hah...) every week I'm not sure if I can justify my plan to subscribe anymore..
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By jack_daniels
@Korrz said:
" @mutha3 said:

" @LiquidSwords said:

Depends on what the trade-off is. If it means less quick-looks, then yeah, a decrease of those would be  noticed by the community. However, looking at their past ER's, we still got plenty of Quick looks during those periods.  If it means less reviews or less coverage of events like E3, frankly, I don't think anyone would really give a shit. "
 I agree, as a site for actual video game news and event coverage Giant Bomb is absolutely terrible. Stories and trailers regularly go up 2-3 days after they've already hit other sites. The reason people come to this site is for lets face it, the personality of the GB crew, nothing more. It's absolutely ridiculous that they want to be in business with their audience but then tell those people that support them "the more you ask the longer it'll be" good business is listening to the people who pay for your job to exist.  I'm not saying they need to do an Endurance Run of any game the community demands, they should try and find a game that fits. It's their whole attitude toward it and the community who asks for it that is gross. Combined with their shift from the many awesome random videos to a stale regiment of 3-5 QLs, TNT, Happy Hour (Yeah the site would really lack content if they had an ER! hah...) every week I'm not sure if I can justify my plan to subscribe anymore.. "
I'm undecided if I am going to resubscribe when my year is up. I really don't care about the team traveling the world... How exactly is this going to help them put up good video game content? Also, is it just me or does it seem like the free Happy Hour episodes are filled with better content? I fucking love when the team does long quick looks of horrid games. They are so amusing and a blast to watch, it is almost a AVGN vibe to them. Even if you don't like the endurance run at least it was something everyone could enjoy. I don't really care about most of the quicklooks / reviews as I already know which games I am going to buy. A GB review has never encouraged me to buy a game. I just look at the metacritic score on steam before I buy.
Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Fruitcocoa

The only ones beating on a dead horse is the ones who are - FUCK YOU, IT WON'T HAPPEN, DROP IT! I'd love to see a new endurance run of some game but the truth is that quality wise, the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run, was lot weaker then the Persona 4 one. This I think is a lot because of the teams motivation towards the endurance run. If they want to do it, they'll have our support. 

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139  Edited By wrighteous86
@Korrz said:
" @mutha3 said:

" @LiquidSwords said:

I agree, as a site for actual video game news and event coverage Giant Bomb is absolutely terrible. Stories and trailers regularly go up 2-3 days after they've already hit other sites. The reason people come to this site is for lets face it, the personality of the GB crew, nothing more. It's absolutely ridiculous that they want to be in business with their audience but then tell those people that support them "the more you ask the longer it'll be" good business is listening to the people who pay for your job to exist.  I'm not saying they need to do an Endurance Run of any game the community demands, they should try and find a game that fits. It's their whole attitude toward it and the community who asks for it that is gross. Combined with their shift from the many awesome random videos to a stale regiment of 3-5 QLs, TNT, Happy Hour (Yeah the site would really lack content if they had an ER! hah...) every week I'm not sure if I can justify my plan to subscribe anymore.. "
This is more of an argument for them replacing Brad Nicholson than for a new Endurance Run.  Also, if you don't like what they do, you don't have to subscribe, that's the nature of capitalism.  They do not "owe" you an Endurance Run just because you want it.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Ghostiet
@ChampionOfTheWorld said:
" OK, what the heck is the endurance run? "
The Endurance Run is something that nothing can stop, motherfucker.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Animasta
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Korrz said:
" @mutha3 said:

" @LiquidSwords said:

This is more of an argument for them replacing Brad Nicholson than for a new Endurance Run.  Also, if you don't like what they do, you don't have to subscribe, that's the nature of capitalism.  They do not "owe" you an Endurance Run just because you want it. "
and really, brad nicholson has literally no impact on their video making abilities at all.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By mutha3
@Wrighteous86 said:

"
This is more of an argument for them replacing Brad Nicholson than for a new Endurance Run.  Also, if you don't like what they do, you don't have to subscribe, that's the nature of capitalism.  They do not "owe" you an Endurance Run just because you want it. "

They certainly do not!

However, listening to the customer, so you don't crash and burn as a business.....that's capitalism too. Now I'm not saying they should force themselves to do a new ER(that would be terrible, DP kinda felt like that), but I do think they should take the community seriously when they say they don't like certain aspects of the website. Or request something.

The Endurance Run is something that nothing can stop, motherfucker.  

aight motherfucker!
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By wrighteous86
@mutha3: Yeah I would definitely like another Endurance Run, but as you mentioned, if they're doing it out of obligation, rather than genuine interest, it's only going to be bad news.  No one will be happy.  So just let it happen if it happens.  I think they mainly take a hard-line stance because people don't understand that requests and suggestions aren't going to allow a natural Endurance Run.  If it becomes work, or homework, it won't be worth doing for them or for us.
Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@ZeForgotten said:
" It's better to beat a dead horse than a horse that's alive. Unless you're into that kind of stuff, of course.   I don't really miss the Endurance Run that much. They were great, sure but youtube is filled with them. To me "Endurance Run" is just a slow way of saying "Let's Play"  "
Lets Plays are totally different from Endurance Runs and I hate LPs because they're all lame.
Korrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Korrz
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Korrz said:
" @mutha3 said:

" @LiquidSwords said:

I was simply making a point.  Giant Bomb is amazing for it's video content and the personality of its crew, not their sub-par news or event coverage. They always talk about how time consuming the Endurance Run is and that other things would suffer for it. Which just seems funny to me because Video Content has slowed down regardless, but they somehow feel a daily dose of content would hurt the site? I haven't had the spare cash to subscribe yet (in school, no job) so they really don't owe me a single thing, I still love this website. The lack of a new Endurance Run is understandable, as I said earlier it's more their stance/attitude about even a mention of it that seems ridiculous to me. Especially if they want more people to support them.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By wrighteous86
@Korrz said:

" @Wrighteous86 said:

" @Korrz said:
" @mutha3 said:

" @LiquidSwords said:

I was simply making a point.  Giant Bomb is amazing for it's video content and the personality of its crew, not their sub-par news or event coverage. They always talk about how time consuming the Endurance Run is and that other things would suffer for it. Which just seems funny to me because Video Content has slowed down regardless, but they somehow feel a daily dose of content would hurt the site? I haven't had the spare cash to subscribe yet (in school, no job) so they really don't owe me a single thing, I still love this website. The lack of a new Endurance Run is understandable, as I said earlier it's more their stance/attitude about even a mention of it that seems ridiculous to me. Especially if they want more people to support them. "
I'll indulge your argument for a minute.  Giant Bomb is amazing for it's video content and the personality of its crew.  You feel that things have slowed down a bit, so you think that having them take a day out of their time each week will not slow things down further?  Would you prefer the site to have an Endurance Run and nothing else?  The biggest reason they don't want to do an Endurance Run is because it's time consuming and takes time away from the regular video content they already produce. 

Part of the reason things have slowed down, by the way, is because they're working behind the scenes on a lot of things.  They've added some things since they started taking subscriptions, and that will only increase in the future.  Just because you're not seeing the fruits of their labor now, doesn't mean they aren't working on anything.   Also, it's mostly a dead time for new game releases, they just recovered from two gaming expos, and they've had staff members sick consistently since then.  I don't think it's realistic to expect them to be producing content on the level they did in December considering the circumstances.

Half of you are acting like 3 days of the week they are just sitting on their hands, and every now and then Drew will perk his head up and say, "Hey, do you want to do an Endurance Run?" and Jeff will snort, "Pfft, no fuck that.  I don't feel like it."  Then they all take naps.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#147  Edited By citizenkane

An Endurance Run is a very extensive, time-consuming and tiring process.  And with the nature of an Endurance Run, you have to have a game that fits a certain mold and the crew really wants to play it.  If an ER doesn't meet either of those qualifications, it is better just not to do one at all, because you would be wasting the audience and, more importantly, the crew's time and effort that they could have been using towards something else that would have been certainly better.

The crew isn't not doing an Endurance Run because they don't care about the community.  They aren't doing one because they do care about the community and the product they serve.  Doing an ER just for the hell of it doesn't help make Giant Bomb better at all.  In fact, it could only hinder it's ability to be better.

Rannos22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Rannos22
@CitizenKane said:
" An Endurance Run is a very extensive, time-consuming and tiring process.  And with the nature of an Endurance Run, you have to have a game that fits a certain mold and the crew really wants to play it.  If an ER doesn't meet either of those qualifications, it is better just not to do one at all, because you would be wasting the audience and, more importantly, the crew's time and effort that they could have been using towards something else that would have been certainly better.

The crew isn't not doing an Endurance Run because they don't care about the community.  They aren't doing one because they do care about the community and the product they serve.  Doing an ER just for the hell of it doesn't help make Giant Bomb better at all.  In fact, it could only hinder it's ability to be better. "
I believe this thread has already come to a similar conclusion already. 
 The problem with this version is the implication that an endurance run would take away more interesting features. What features are those exactly? Over the past couple months video content has slowed to a trickle and the content we have is, frankly, quite dull. The last memorably funny quick look, imho, was for the Killzone 3 demo and the bombcast is starting to sound more and more like any other video game news podcast. If something like an ER or TANG or some new video feature were to start up, I would not care at all if it meant less time for any of the content we've recently been provided. 
This site is starting to grow a bit too stagnant for my liking...
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#149  Edited By Snail

Endurance Run thread has 8 pages.

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By mutha3
@Rannos22 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
I believe this thread has already come to a similar conclusion already.   The problem with this version is the implication that an endurance run would take away more interesting features. What features are those exactly? Over the past couple months video content has slowed to a trickle and the content we have is, frankly, quite dull. The last memorably funny quick look, imho, was for the Killzone 3 demo and the bombcast is starting to sound more and more like any other video game news podcast. If something like an ER or TANG or some new video feature were to start up, I would not care at all if it meant less time for any of the content we've recently been provided.  This site is starting to grow a bit too stagnant for my liking... "
Yes! that is the core issue here I feel. They don't need a new ER, but I feel they should shift the focus of the site back to how it was.