Insert Disc 2 To Continue...

nigel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By nigel

Those of you who purchased The Last Remnant for the 360 were perhaps surprised by something; it came on two discs.  Is this the starting trend for games in the future that are on both the 360 and PS3?  According to RUMORS surrounding all things Final Fantasy XIII, it could be.  Here's the logic: if they couldn't work some Microsoft voodoo on The Last Remnant to get it to fit on a single disc, then  it kind of sets a forecast for FFXIII which most certainly will be a bigger game.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, old school Final Fantasy players will remember fondly 3 and 4 disc games on the PSX.  Still, it only serves to highlight Sony's superior storage medium, as the Last Remnant for PS3 is supposed to be a single disc game.

What do you think?  Are multi-disc games a pain or do they not bother you at all?

nigel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nigel

Those of you who purchased The Last Remnant for the 360 were perhaps surprised by something; it came on two discs.  Is this the starting trend for games in the future that are on both the 360 and PS3?  According to RUMORS surrounding all things Final Fantasy XIII, it could be.  Here's the logic: if they couldn't work some Microsoft voodoo on The Last Remnant to get it to fit on a single disc, then  it kind of sets a forecast for FFXIII which most certainly will be a bigger game.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, old school Final Fantasy players will remember fondly 3 and 4 disc games on the PSX.  Still, it only serves to highlight Sony's superior storage medium, as the Last Remnant for PS3 is supposed to be a single disc game.

What do you think?  Are multi-disc games a pain or do they not bother you at all?

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SpinCookie

They never really bothered me.  The gamecube had this problem cause the discs were so small. RE4 and Metal Gear Twin Snakes I remember were on 2 discs.  I have a PS3 and I like the fact that I never have to change them (it would have to be a huuuge game to be on 2 blu ray discs) but I don't think it'd be a huge deal if I had to.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

The trend started with lost Odyssey- that was on four discs.
And I'm pretty sure FFXIII will be on several discs as well.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I personally don't care about multiple discs. But it does make me wonder how much it takes to install both the Last Remnant Discs....

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By lvl10Wizard
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

Open case, replace discs, close case, continue. Why is this a problem? The only issue is for the folks who do not take care of their games and throw them around, which I couldn't care less about.

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By callik

The only people it'll bother are fanboys with the Blu Ray vs DVD argument.

Provided you've got a 60/120GB hdd you could easily install the whole thing and not worry anyway. Even then changing discs takes 10 seconds of your time, hardly a reason 90% of people buying it are going to consider,

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HazBazz
nigel said:
if they couldn't work some Microsoft voodoo on The Last Remnant to get it to fit on a single disc
OK, now i've heared it all
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

Disc swapping is an old trend, the question should be... when is it going to go away? There's already a few other 360 games that require disc swapping, and it's mainly jrpgs. But meh, it doesn't bother me... been doing it forever.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PharoahCapcom

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By atejas
suneku said:
when is it going to go away?
When Blu-Ray becomes the industry standard.
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

With the time in between the disc swaps, I don't really care about it.  In fact, it is cool to think that you have a lot of game with all the discs.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

Disc swapping has been around since the early 90's (or earlier). It's nothing new and isn't a problem unless you are too lazy to swap.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By dsplayer1010

Doesn't bother me

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's pretty much standard for big Xbox 360 JRPG's to come on multiple disks. Blue dragon had 3 disks, Lost odyssey had 4. Eternal sonata and enchanted arms only have one each, but they're both fairly short for JRPG's. I think from the moment it was announced everyone was expecting FF XIII to come on at least 3 disks, if not 4. Personally I'd like to see it come on 5 disks. It'll be just like the old amiga days when games came on half a milion floppy disks!!!!! And it should come with a code wheel to stop piracy!!!! That would be so cool.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By CreamyGoodness

more discs= bigger game= more content

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Blue Dragon, lost Odyssey, infinite undiscovery, and last remnant all have mutiple disks (3,4,2,2)