Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Premium Worth It? (564 votes)

Yes 79%
No 9%
Results 13%

So here goes. I'm a college student with no current income. I have about £90 in my account from stuff that I've saved up, and I'm contemplating getting premium. Having never been premium before is it worth it? As in, is the content which comes out every week(?) enough to warrant me to get premium, seeing as I have I don't have a large amount of money.

• 
Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's worth it because I want these kinds of stuff to continue. It's all about their personalities, that fucking awesome. And yeah, they can have a bad week... don't care.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Dacnomaniac

@circlenine: Nah, I'd rather pay full price knowing I'm supporting them properly (that and I've already subscribed now).

sir_gunblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By sir_gunblade

I would give up Netflix before Premium Giantbomb.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spookin' with Scoops is a lot of fun, especially when you catch it live. Hanging out in the chat really enhances it. Shame it's usually on at half 3 in the morning where I live in the world :(

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

You don't have enough disposable income to blow it on video game BS like this. Save up more then consider it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not right now. The whole site kind of feels like it's going through a bit of a transition. The video content doesn't really know what it is, for the most part. There isn't that much posted that is exclusive (I don't think anyway). And it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the video player. I have it primarily for the HD video, which is only valid for me having not had any problems with the player. Honestly though, a few bucks a month isn't that big of a deal for me anymore. If I had to start cutting back, this might be first on the chopping block, I guess. I'd probably wait until the site gets some of the fixes that they've been talking about. Or at very least until they run another special on the sub. They do that about once or twice a year (usually around this time).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dacnomaniac: Thanks for signing up, I just hooked you up! Hope you enjoy everything!

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Seedofpower

Unprofessional Fridays makes it worth it.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GIyn

Spookin is worth my yearly membership, all the other content is just a plus.

Seems like Premium has the best features of the site right now. Apart from the Bombcast.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aww yeah.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Welcome to the jedi brotherhood.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel it's worth more than Xbox Live and PS+ combined.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I enjoy being premium when I am (which is when I have money). I don't know that they release enough content on a monthly basis to make an annual subscription worth it though. Honestly I think part of the premium subscription is being happy that you're supporting these guys doing what they do.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024: The amount of content we can do varies from time to time. It'll dip during the console launch windows, no doubt, but I'd bet that we've put out more over the last month than in any month-long period since joining CBS. Five pieces of premium content this week alone (six if you count the Daily DOTA archive).

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

It was understandably lacking for a while after Ryan died, but it's certainly picked up a lot recently. The pathfinder stuff is fantastic.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny has been playing Dark Souls and that alone makes it worth it.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@hunter5024: The amount of content we can do varies from time to time. It'll dip during the console launch windows, no doubt, but I'd bet that we've put out more over the last month than in any month-long period since joining CBS. Five pieces of premium content this week alone (six if you count the Daily DOTA archive).

Yep, tons of premium stuff lately, and no I don't count dota...ugh.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: after vinny beats dark souls you and him should tag out. Vinny can be the know it all and you can play.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rorie: I think you guys are killing it on premium content and have been for a while. I'm dying to get paid so I can watch Pathfinder 2. When I said "worth it" I meant it from the perspective of his finances, rather than the perspective of how much you guys actually put out, because as he said, he has no income.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Barrock

There's so much content now that I'm having trouble keeping up with it all since I got a job.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its worth it if theirs enough premium content you want to watch to make it worth your money.

Jojojimmeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would always answer this question with a yes, even when premium content is a bit lean. I like supporting this website for both the premium and free content they create, the crew is just so damn entertaining, and I don't want it to go away.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just go month to month in your situation that works better. if you cant afford it one month then no biggie. Sure you pay more in the long run but if your really struggling to make ends meet then that might be the best way.

GB has gotten me thu some hard times and still does, you would be surprised that spending $5 a month can give you hours more entertainment than that bangbros sub

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

I'm actually not a huge fan of most of the premium content. I went premium just to support gb as the podcast and quick looks are easily worth supporting, hell i usually get a shirt every year too. I have enjoyed the latest dark souls stuff with vinny and breaking bad with volgarr while working but the rest is often mehh. I'd say premium content is a 50/50 hit or miss for me at best.

Bottom line, even if money was an issue for me $50 per year still offers more hour value than 99% of games that retail for more.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@dacnomaniac: Well I came in to answer your question but seeing as the deed is done already I'll just say welcome aboard. If you've never been premium before man do you have a lot of good content to go through. Jeff's Jar times the recent Load Our Last Souls, Bradley May Cry and tons and tons of Unprofessional Fridays and Wiskey Media Happy hour. You literally have enough content to keep you busy for months. So enjoy! Ton of good Ryan moments in some of those older Unprofessional Fridays.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't see how anyone could possibly complain about their premium membership right now. We're getting Load Our Last Souls, Spooking with Scoops, Pathfinder, Unprofessional Fridays and lately, Breaking Brad every single week. That's like 10 hours of live streams right there. Then factoring in the Bombast (2.5-3 hours) as well as Quick Looks, it's hard to find time to even consume it all.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About a month ago I'd say no.

However they've stepped up the premium content since then with more Breaking Brad, Dark Souls, Pathfinder, Spooking with Scoops and UPF. If anything they are lacking in free content atm.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a lot of recent content, I would have to say...

YES.

http://img.pandawhale.com/24568-566I1gif-EZ1X.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/1c136ea0dfedf3bb272bb4a47ee6f96c/tumblr_inline_mggwv0D6aZ1rvodg7.gif

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I'm not sure it would be worth more than half my money, but as far as my "entertainment" budget, Giant Bomb is at the top of my list for that. As others are saying, if anything, try the silver membership!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5bc497650e6
deactivated-5e5bc497650e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say get a monthly membership and download everything you want to watch then do the same in a few months....

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Nekroskop

I wish I could filter out content by members. I'd rather have 3 quality videos/articles per week than 10 bad ones.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it to be worth it to subscribe to GB, I love all of the bonus content I get.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love UPF and the other subscriber stuff is good too. For me I don't rent or go to movies much anymore so 1-2 hrs of extra GB a week is a great deal for the price.

Fuwano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Fuwano

I would give up Netflix before Premium Giantbomb.

Which is exactly what I did. I know I'll get a couple hours a week (at least) of premium content here and several more usually. Which is more than I can say for Netflix (though GB doesn't work through my BluRay player).

Avatar image for deactivated-64b71541ba2cd
deactivated-64b71541ba2cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering you are low on funds, maybe that money can be better spent. Christmas is coming :(

If you can download a ton of shit, maybe get a month long membrship and download all the videos you can.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

YES! More than worth it. It's an awesome deal and it's unique and excellent stuff.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, yes, yes. These past few weeks have been amazing. Souls, Volgar, Pathfinder and Spooks have all been great. UPF can be fluctuate in quality but the past few ones have been really good too.

zc92351

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pathfinder stuff has been worth every penny I've spent, alone.

Not to mention breaking brad and vinny's shenanigans.

And all of that skips the big-show, Unprofessional Fridays.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can live without it. It's only $50 a year though and I find a lot of their premium content to be good stuff to play in the background while I browse the web/play games.