sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Whew... talk about impulse shopping.

On Sunday, I gave away my old PS2 to my cousins.  I used it as an excuse to finally purchase a 20 gig PS3.  I specifically wanted the 20 gig for its backwards compatibility, as there are a ton of games for the PS2 I've yet to play or games I want to revisit (never did finish FFXII).  This will bring me up to speed on all the current consoles.  I love having the option to purchase any game for any system and not having to worry about system exclusivity.  I just hope the consoles last a good, long time to warrant the purchases.

The PS3 should be here within a few days, along with copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Valkyria.  I'll be purchasing a few older games for the system when January or February rolls around and I've got a bit more cash.  If you've got any favorites, list 'em below.  Right now, I'd definitely like to get Disgaea 3 & Resistance.  Beyond that, the field is pretty much open.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Whew... talk about impulse shopping.

On Sunday, I gave away my old PS2 to my cousins.  I used it as an excuse to finally purchase a 20 gig PS3.  I specifically wanted the 20 gig for its backwards compatibility, as there are a ton of games for the PS2 I've yet to play or games I want to revisit (never did finish FFXII).  This will bring me up to speed on all the current consoles.  I love having the option to purchase any game for any system and not having to worry about system exclusivity.  I just hope the consoles last a good, long time to warrant the purchases.

The PS3 should be here within a few days, along with copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Valkyria.  I'll be purchasing a few older games for the system when January or February rolls around and I've got a bit more cash.  If you've got any favorites, list 'em below.  Right now, I'd definitely like to get Disgaea 3 & Resistance.  Beyond that, the field is pretty much open.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

congratulations , you did the right thing , I am just like you , now you can play whatever game you want without worrying about the title being exclusive or not

just wait a couple of months and you can play Killzone 2

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

Remember to hit us all up on PSN.

Oh and if you're after a few reps - can't go wrong with Wipeout HD, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank Future. The latter of which are available for seriously cheap money these days.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Nice. Grats on the PS3.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

I need to get one too.  I might get one this holiday but I can't tell yet.  Still, congrats.  The PS3 is pretty cool, and don't forget it is also a Blu-Ray player.  

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MKHavoc

Good for you.  The only reason I don't have one is because I don't have the money.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Thanks folks!

RHCP - Unfortunately, my TV isn't the sort of thing to really take advantage of Blu-Ray... yet.  I'll probably be buying a monstrosity of a TV as soon as I get a few more bills paid off, so hopefully perhaps this summer.

Get2sammyb - Can't believe I forgot about Wipeout.  Is that available in disc form or as a download?  I don't intend on downloading a ton of stuff, since I've only got the 20 gig model.  But, yeah, Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout, and LittleBigPlanet definitely look like they'd be right up my alley.  Still on the bench about Uncharted, but if I find it for a decent price, I'll snag it when I've got the cash.

Daniel_beck - I'll keep an eye on it.  Which reminds me... what future releases look great?  I'm stoked about Final Fantasy XIII and Versus.