Know any gamers that don't post on any forums?

• 64 results
CodyMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CodyMetro

Does anyone here know anyone that plays video games but only lurks on forums, or never goes to a gaming forum at all? Peace

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Yes, but he barely plays games, he refuses to play anything I recommend, and then ends up playing them years after I told him to play them and says "THIS GAME IS AWESOME!" So I wouldn't really classify him as a "gamer"

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By donchipotle

I sure do.

CodyMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CodyMetro
@CL60: I know someone who constantly is buying games, yet only plays about an hour of them and never touches them again. A waste of money IMO
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
@CodyMetro said:
@CL60: I know someone who constantly is buying games, yet only plays about an hour of them and never touches them again. A waste of money IMO
Does he at least let you borrow them? Free games for you?
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By crusader8463

Ya. It's kind of funny/annoying as he will get all excited and tell me about stuff I knew months ago and get facts about it wrong, or in conversations just not know a lot of basic stuff. Tonight for example, he was surprised to find out that EA made the Sims.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By jorbear

My friend plays a shit-ton of Starcraft 2 and League of Legends, but rarely anything else. It is more frustrating than anything, honestly. I forget that he knows absolutely nothing about video games, so I often find myself talking to him about games and he just responds, "Yeah".

I really need to find a good gamer friend...

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Yeah... Every gamer I know doesn't post on forums.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaggE
@crusader8463 said:
Ya. It's kind of funny/annoying as he will get all excited and tell me about stuff I knew months ago and get facts about it wrong, or in conversations just not know a lot of basic stuff. Tonight for example, he was surprised to find out that EA made the Sims.
O.O That's my friend to a T. The guy's intelligent, but whoever he gets his news from is insane.  
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By PillClinton

Yeah, and I fucking hate all of them. They're the kind of "gamers" that would without any hesitation consider themselves a "hardcore gamer", yet they own 3 games: CoD4, GTA4, and MW2.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crusader8463
@ShaggE said:
@crusader8463 said:
O.O That's my friend to a T. The guy's intelligent, but whoever he gets his news from is insane.  
This guy is a pot head, and he is way too lazy to even take a few min a day to go to a website to see what's new. He just goes to stores or looks at the front page of Steam and grabs what looks fun to him. He then gets mad when games he buys turn out to be crap, and gets even madder when I tell him he could have just taken a few minuets before he bought them to go online and check a few trailers first. Each their own, but I just could not imagine living like that again. I would miss out on so many games.

He is a good guy, but god dam does he drive me up the wall some times.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MKHavoc

I'd say most of my friends play games and none of them post on forums.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13  Edited By EpicSteve

Most people I know don't even know what a forum is. The gamers i know that are aware they exist, certainly doesn't participate.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous

Yes? The number of people that do is far greater than the number of people that don't.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cornbredx

Ya, most people I know or friends that are gamers could care less about reviews/forums/what people have to say about games.

I just really appreciate the social aspect to the internet, at least when its fairly mature, friendly, and fun, so that's why I tend to become part of internet communities and stuff. As much as there are dicks on the internet, there are genuinely good people to and its often nice to have a good conversation.

Honestly one of the weirdest things to me is that no one I know- knows about any of the sites I go to, yet so many people go to these sites; it seems odd. Then I remember the internet is world wide and relatively speaking the amount of actual gamers (whatever category you feel entitled to put them in) as opposed to people who actually participate, comment, and interact on the internet- there's more on the non interacting side.

I mean, seriously, there's several thousand people right now on Giantbomb as I type just looking at a video or reading a review or a wiki page and has no interest at all in the actual community or interacting with anyone else and there's an even larger amount of people (again world wide) that just buy a game that looks intresting to them with no thought about advice at all or may not even care that sort of atmosphere even exists.

Alot of variables to that, but everyone is different. Strictly speaking forums and whatnot are still just a very loud minority of the actual populace. There's still a larger amount of people that don't care as opposed to those that want to interact- even with stuff like Facebook having made that gap smaller.

Sorry, somehow I just found the question fascinating and fun to answer. =P

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@CL60 said:
Yes, but he barely plays games, he refuses to play anything I recommend, and then ends up playing them years after I told him to play them and says "THIS GAME IS AWESOME!" So I wouldn't really classify him as a "gamer"
Hahaha. You just made your friend sound like such a retard. I love it.
yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yorick
@Resident4t said:
Yeah... Every gamer I know doesn't post on forums.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CL60
@TheGreatGuero said:
@CL60 said:
Hahaha. You just made your friend sound like such a retard. I love it.
He is.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#19  Edited By BeachThunder

About half. I've found the same thing as @crusader8463 did, the people that don't post on forums are just so far out of the gaming loop.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Mahonay

Plenty. Most of my friends here in New York that are gamers don't post on forums like I do. I'm in the minority.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yes, I do.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@CL60 said:

I had a friend like that, we used to be best friends but we had a falling out when he stopped playing games, now all he plays is WoW and Dota, so i guess he's kind of a "gamer" that doesn't post on any forums.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NathHaw

On a side note, I've yet to find any gamers who know of Giant Bomb. Still holding out!

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

practically every person i know personally who plays video games don't post on message boards. thats because message boards are for nerds and geeks like us to waste our time with while everyone else is out in the world doing things like...shit i dunno, going to bars and picking up chicks?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Subjugation

My three closest friends who game don't post on any message boards. They don't even really read gaming press. They just tell me that if they want to know about something they'll ask me. Is that a compliment or should I be ashamed?

LinusPauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LinusPauling

Up until very recently, myself. I play quite a bit, as well. I only started recently because reading the GB forums is my alternative to Google Reader on my commute.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By WickedCestus

Yep, for sure.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

My brother doesn't go on any gaming forums, and he plays all the games I recommend to him (so he only plays the best!). Actually, none of my "real life" friends go on gaming forums, though they all play games.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Coombs

Yep, 
More than one

CodyMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CodyMetro
@CornBREDX: I like your reply very much. Very well thought out and yes indeed it IS interesting
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crusader8463
@weeman105 said:

My three closest friends who game don't post on any message boards. They don't even really read gaming press. They just tell me that if they want to know about something they'll ask me. Is that a compliment or should I be ashamed?

Both.
superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By superpow

What is this notion that a gamer has to post on forums to be a "hardcore" gamer? The fact alone that one enjoys a lot of games and plays a fair amount of games characterizes him/her as a gamer. I don't see where forum posting enters the equation. 

I barely post on forums at all. Mostly because people just repeat stuff that was already said in another news story I read. My discussion about games is made with my friends.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By valrog

Yes. They lurk in some forums, but not game centered ones. Or they're lying.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Claude

My nephew is 25 years old. He has all three consoles from this generation and his Playstation 2, Gamecube, N64, Xbox, SNES, NES and a bunch of games and magazines. He doesn't touch the forums of any site.

I know a lot of stuff before him, but he likes what he likes and finds it. That's him.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By UlquioKani

I have 1 friend who reads game news, reviews and goes on forums. Everyone else doesn't

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gunslingerNZ

@jorbear said:

My friend plays a shit-ton of Starcraft 2 and League of Legends, but rarely anything else. It is more frustrating than anything, honestly. I forget that he knows absolutely nothing about video games, so I often find myself talking to him about games and he just responds, "Yeah".

I really need to find a good gamer friend...

Someone who plays a shit-ton of Starcraft 2 sounds like a good gamer to me. I often find myself playing Starcraft when I intended to play other games, it's just too good.

JoeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By JoeH

Most of my friends play games but don't read anything about them at all. And they never listen to me when I try to recommend a game to them, it's taken me four years to get one of them play Portal. Argh.

Only one of my mates kinda reads about games, but he does so through Playstation Official Magazine, so news wise he's always lagging about a month behind.

Hopefully when I go to Uni I'll meet some fellow gamers.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Red12b

Most of my mates think i'm weird for spending time on this site in general,

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hargreaves93

I'm the only gamer I know out of the people who play games regularly that actually posts on, or even looks on a video games website. It does have it's benefits though because I tend to know most stuff before people do ahha!

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By High_Nunez

I used to be one.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jorbear

@gunslingerNZ: That's the thing though. He only knows anything about two games. Yes, those games are extremely good, but it is still very difficult to talk to him about games as a whole.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vonocourt

I don't know, I don't talk to people about forums.

wormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By wormz

Everyone. I mostly lurk and don't post either.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thornie_delete

I'm old, so all of the (very few) gamers I know are also old. When I mention something about a game and they ask me how I know so much, I say "from reading the forums and participating in the community". I always get the weirdest looks in return. It's like the light goes off in their head that says "whoa super geek here". Never was that more evident than when my brother-in-law was visiting during E3 week. At dinner I was hyping up all of the new games announced (he's a light gamer CoD, Batman AA, etc) and eventually he asks where I'm getting all my info, and I said "E3 live streams man". All my in laws at the table just looked at me, my wife shaking her head says "...sorry, he's REALLY into video games." Yeah, that was awkward.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Buscemi
@thornie said:

I'm old, so all of the (very few) gamers I know are also old. When I mention something about a game and they ask me how I know so much, I say "from reading the forums and participating in the community". I always get the weirdest looks in return. It's like the light goes off in their head that says "whoa super geek here". Never was that more evident than when my brother-in-law was visiting during E3 week. At dinner I was hyping up all of the new games announced (he's a light gamer CoD, Batman AA, etc) and eventually he asks where I'm getting all my info, and I said "E3 live streams man". All my in laws at the table just looked at me, my wife shaking her head says "...sorry, he's REALLY into video games." Yeah, that was awkward.

I'm hoping this scenario doesn't exist when I'm "older", say when I have kids, I want to be able to talk about games like my dad talks about cars or whiskey or Linux or setting up servers or... yeah.
stringbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By stringbacon

Member for around 3 years, only 53 posts. I'm close enough.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Vexxan

Barely any of my friends visit forums regularly.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By MysteriousBob

Huh? I don't know any gamers who do post on game forums other than myself. 

Sorry OP, but we're in the minority.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Arbie

Quite a few I think, but we usually talk about games and not forums we use so they might! Narrows it down to one definite then!
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By Sooperspy

I'm pretty sure none of my friends go on gaming forums.