• 97 results
ofcbilly77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By ofcbilly77

Square-Enix: They are completely destroying their flagship series. Final Fantasy X is really the only FF game I like. I personally hate the ATB system but all the games before X were very well received and people seemed to love them. I never played XI so I can't really have input on that. XII and XIII  were just huge disappointments. XII's battle system was just frustrating and tedious and I couldn't care less for the characters (except for Balthier; he was pretty cool). XIII killed it for me; I gave up after that. It was completely linear. I know everyone was saying it opens up around 30 hours in, but why would I suffer so through 30 hours of the game for it to get good? My choices in battle felt as if there was absolutely no weight to them. No matter what I did, we would win, or get destroyed completely. You even have the option of letting the game play for you! Come on... Plus, I don't even need to talk about XIV.

Neversoft: For milking the ever-loving hell out of their franchises. Tony Hawk was awesome up through American Wasteland, then they tried to change up the controls to be like Skate. Bad move. Also, RIDE AND SHRED. Ugh.
I don't really need to say much about Guitar Hero. It's all just too much of the same.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Siphillis said:
" @President_Barackbar: I totally respect that opinion, but I've always wondered:  What Nintendo franchises need online play?  Zelda?  Mario?  Nintendogs?  Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. already have (albeit gimped) online support.And is the illusion of a new intellectual property really that valuable?  If not, can't we beat up BioWare for making Dragon Age, or Square Enix for making Final Fantasy XIII, or Blizzard for making StarCraft II/Diablo III, or Bungie for Halo: Reach, or Firaxis for yet another Civilization game?    "
"Gimped" online play is no good. And as far as the re-iterations go, I think Square Enix SHOULD be beat up for making FFXIII. Blizzard waited like 12 years between SC and SC2 (not that Im a fan), every Halo game has had some dramatically different features from its predecessor (with Halo2-->Halo 3 being the one exception), BioWare hasn't been making DA games forever, and Firaxis at least tries to drastically improve their game each outing.
plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By plop1920

Treyarch because they are riding on the backs of another company's success. 

Who even heard of treyarch before they re skinned CoD4? Nobody because they were making shitty ass spider man games

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By Siphillis
@President_Barackbar said:
" @Siphillis said:
" @President_Barackbar: I totally respect that opinion, but I've always wondered:  What Nintendo franchises need online play?  Zelda?  Mario?  Nintendogs?  Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. already have (albeit gimped) online support.And is the illusion of a new intellectual property really that valuable?  If not, can't we beat up BioWare for making Dragon Age, or Square Enix for making Final Fantasy XIII, or Blizzard for making StarCraft II/Diablo III, or Bungie for Halo: Reach, or Firaxis for yet another Civilization game?    "
"Gimped" online play is no good. And as far as the re-iterations go, I think Square Enix SHOULD be beat up for making FFXIII. Blizzard waited like 12 years between SC and SC2 (not that Im a fan), every Halo game has had some dramatically different features from its predecessor (with Halo2-->Halo 3 being the one exception), BioWare hasn't been making DA games forever, and Firaxis at least tries to drastically improve their game each outing. "
Dragon Age is essentially a modern Boulder's Gate, if I'm not mistaken.  As for Firaxis and Bungie, I'm willing to bet that each iteration of Halo and Civilization has more in common than Super Mario World has with Super Mario 64, or Sunshine with Galaxy. 

Mind you, I am quite fond of each of these studios.  I just don't understand why Nintendo is held to such a high standard.
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Siphillis said:
" @President_Barackbar said:
" @Siphillis said:
"Gimped" online play is no good. And as far as the re-iterations go, I think Square Enix SHOULD be beat up for making FFXIII. Blizzard waited like 12 years between SC and SC2 (not that Im a fan), every Halo game has had some dramatically different features from its predecessor (with Halo2-->Halo 3 being the one exception), BioWare hasn't been making DA games forever, and Firaxis at least tries to drastically improve their game each outing. "
Dragon Age is essentially a modern Boulder's Gate, if I'm not mistaken.  As for Firaxis and Bungie, I'm willing to bet that each iteration of Halo and Civilization has more in common than Super Mario World has with Super Mario 64, or Sunshine with Galaxy.  Mind you, I am quite fond of each of these studios.  I just don't understand why Nintendo is held to such a high standard. "
Well, I shouldn't have said any of that stuff really, as this isn't really me trying to defend other devs. I hold Nintendo to a high standard because I didn't play their games as a kid, and I don't really think that they should be considered one of the greatest game developers ever if they refuse to do anything new or take any risks.
Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Jaktajj
@Laketown said:
" @el_tajij said:
" ........or to put it another way, liking video games and not liking Mass Effect 2 is like saying Pizza parlours are your favorite place to eat; but you don't like pizza. It just doesn't make sense. It just doesn't compute. "
Mass Effect 2 was alright, but definitely not that great. Your analogy would work with like, super mario 64 or something but not with ME2. "
Mass Effect 2 is amazing. I've never heard an argument decent enough to suggest anything otherwise. The dude I was replying to was saying that Mass Effect 2 is 'not what he wants from a game' and I just wonder why this guy bothers playing video games. It does so many things so well I don't think anyone could dislike Mass Effect 2 (and thus Bioware for making it) unless you were just playing devil's advocate or you're just a straight up miserable bastard.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By imsh_pl
phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By phantomzxro

Ninja theory
I would say ninja theory because i know they could break into the big leagues but they always fall short by not polishing their games more. I wish a company will let them do their thing and not rush them to market. Now i feel this DMC will be the nail in the coffin. 

Square Enix 
They have just flat out let me down too many times 12 and 13 i did not fall in love with or even liked all that much mainly 13 but  they seems to have lost their way. watching the train wreck that was ff14 and seeing crap shooters being made (mindjack) i really hope they can turn things around with versus and Deus Ex.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By skrutop

Team Ninja's been on a losing streak lately, one that I don't think will end due to the loss of Itagaki and the members of the team that went with him.  Ninja Gaiden 2 was sloppy, by their standards, the DOA Xtreme games are a total joke, Paradise being no exception, and they completely fucked up Metroid: Other M. 

I'm playing through Fallout: New Vegas right now, and it has done nothing to change my opinion that Obsidian has no idea how to make a good game.  I'm wandering around the Mojave and it is EMPTY.  I've run into my fair share of glitches, and frankly I'm just BORED playing it.  I loved Fallout 3, but something's just off about this game.  As soon as they're given the rights to develop a game in a franchise that I like, I just know they're going to do a sloppy job with it.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By oysteinBrenne
IW  

only decent games they have ever made is cod 1 and 2  cod 4 was mediocre and cod 6 was crap 
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Treyarch and Sonic Team.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By natetodamax
@ofcbilly77 said:
 Neversoft: For milking the ever-loving hell out of their franchises. Tony Hawk was awesome up through American Wasteland, then they tried to change up the controls to be like Skate. Bad move. Also, RIDE AND SHRED. Ugh. I don't really need to say much about Guitar Hero. It's all just too much of the same. "
I'm pretty sure that's Activision's fault.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb7058c6151
deactivated-5ecb7058c6151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1c company....they are to weak for me!

Jazz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jazz2

This is a stupid tread and provides no usefull discussion. People who enjoy complaining about bad videogame developers more than playing awesome games have weird priorities in life :s

durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By durog

Koei, because they had me locked in a Dynasty Warriors time paradox!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#66  Edited By RE_Player1

Gameloft. 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RE_Player1
@Jazz2 said:
" This is a stupid tread and provides no usefull discussion. People who enjoy complaining about bad videogame developers more than playing awesome games have weird priorities in life :s "
Yup I get a thrill listing off developers that make games I don't like, it's right next to breathing on my priorities list. Get over yourself it's just a fun topic. 
Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Deeveeus
@mikeeegeee said:
" Bethesda. Not a fan of their style of games."  
I'd go with that for sure. Brilliant company, and I can't rage on their games, because they are obviously good...but for me, they are just TOO much
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cookiemonster

Time to get my Twisted Pixel Troll on.  

Their games are repetitive and unoriginal. The only thing they have going for them is a slightly unique sense of humour, and it only comes off some of the time.  

That felt goood.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#70  Edited By RainVillain

Favourite would have to be Atlus lately. I think they've taken Square's RPG crown, though both companies are toe to toe in the portable market imo. 

But LEAST favourite? Darn.. that's tough.. honestly can't think of a developer I don't like... hmm, well I remember reading that Namco holds some sort of copyright on placing mini games during loading screens? If that's true, that is one of the biggest dick moves I can think of. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By TheHBK

LJN

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#72  Edited By abdo
Treyarch - for riding on the tailcoats of CoD and getting away with buggy and unoriginal gameplay. And also for saying that the industry's biggest problem is, get this, " negative gamers" (via Eurogamer) and NOT the tidal wave of generic FPS's and rehashes. Great rebuttal in this comment.
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WickedFather

Bioware.  Making dull games since 1671.

Cusseta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Cusseta
@Jazz2 said:
" This is a stupid tread and provides no usefull discussion. People who enjoy complaining about bad videogame developers more than playing awesome games have weird priorities in life :s "
Complaining about "bad videogame developers" is not the point of the thread.  Try reading the Edit on the initial post.  And yet again...  I apologize for the thread's title.  That was my bad.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75  Edited By Cube

Capcom, Square Enix, and Bethesda.

somethingdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By somethingdumb

Of the people that call themselves game developers, Zynga takes the cake. Why? Because I have a soul.

Of actual game developers? Lionhead Studios, because everyone loves Fable games and I think they're bad. The fact that people are so in love with it fills me with a thick molasses rage.

somethingdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By somethingdumb
@WickedFather said:
" Bioware.  Making dull games since 1671. "
Who hurt you to make you this way?
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By habster3

Sonic Team... :/

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#79  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Least Favorite? I dunno, do I have any specific game developers with whom I have an axe to grind? I guess I could care less about 99% of what square has put out in the last 10 years but I don't actively dislike them.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80  Edited By demontium
@Akeldama said:
" Bioware. "
Retarded - they've made only good things. 

IMO it's treyarch.
dastly75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By dastly75

Bethesda for making me want to play their games but filling them with varying amounts of tedium(i.e., tons of shiny objects to pick up but now you are encumbered and can't move,  spend half of most quests just trying to find the hot spot).  Also their games are full of load times, glitches, and general wonky behavior.  I could tolerate their game flaws for most of Oblivion but not so much for Fallout.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#82  Edited By Little_Socrates
@demontium said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Bioware. "
Retarded - they've made only good things.  IMO it's treyarch. "
The paradox in your statement is completely ridiculous. Every one of Treyarch's games have been good, and Black Ops was great, even if CoD isn't your cup of tea. 

For me, it's probably post-Sonic Heroes Sonic Team, but if we're talking about an entire career of work, Play Mechanix Inc. is probably my least favorite. Every time I see a Big Buck Hunter machine in an arcade, it fills me with anger that a better game isn't sitting in its place.
somethingdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By somethingdumb
@Little_Socrates said:
The paradox in your statement is completely ridiculous. Every one of Treyarch's games have been good, and Black Ops was great, even if CoD isn't your cup of tea.
I don't think there was anything objectively good about Black Ops. While my disdain for Call of Duty started a few months after MW2 was released, Black Ops really carried it home. They had an opportunity to make it really different and cool but decided to make it, despite minor changes, the same boring game. It's one of the first in a series of shitty FPS games all trying to capture CoD 4's lighting in a bottle.
And every game of theirs has been great? Like Call of Duty 3, World at War,  the Spiderman Movie games, and Kelly Slater's Pro Surfing?

Btw, that was a loaded question. All those games are awful. CoD 2: Big Red One was good though.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#84  Edited By Yanngc33

Dark Energy Digital 

They made Hydrophobia and then tried to sway critic's opinions.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Little_Socrates
@somethingdumb said:
" @Little_Socrates said:
I don't think there was anything objectively good about Black Ops. While my disdain for Call of Duty started a few months after MW2 was released, Black Ops really carried it home. They had an opportunity to make it really different and cool but decided to make it, despite minor changes, the same boring game. It's one of the first in a series of shitty FPS games all trying to capture CoD 4's lighting in a bottle.And every game of theirs has been great? Like Call of Duty 3, World at War,  the Spiderman Movie games, and Kelly Slater's Pro Surfing?  Btw, that was a loaded question. All those games are awful. CoD 2: Big Red One was good though. "
I said Black Ops was great, and all the others were good. Call of Duty 3 was at least fine on the Xbox 360, World at War is good (not great, but good,) and I rather liked the first couple Spider-Man movie games (heck, Spiderman 2 was a rather good game.) I haven't played Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, but after doing a bit of research I was surprised to find that it got some strong reviews. 

Black Ops is exceptionally well-designed and offers the only FPS experience outside of Halo that hasn't turned into a sniper's paradise. The single-player's story, albeit at times a bit cheesy, is compelling, and nicely pushes the use of first-person perspectives to create unreliable protagonists, and every piece but the infamous barrel sequence is designed appropriately. NO, I'm not saying they did "unreliable first-person protagonist" FIRST, but I personally hadn't played a game that had done that before Black Ops. The map design in the Black Ops multiplayer is pretty good, encouraging multiple forms of play. The zombies maps are both entertaining, and even the Dead Ops Arcade is well designed. And if you think CoD4 was excellent, then you're not going to challenge the quality of the gunplay itself because it's pretty much exactly the same. And to say that it's the first in a series trying to capture the CoD4 experience is to ignore the previous two Call of Duty games, the changes made over time between Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor, and a handful more than that. 

Maybe I wasn't tired of the Call of Duty gameplay because I've never prestiged or gotten past round 7 of a zombies map, but in a way that speaks to the approximate lifespan of each of these games for me. Black Ops has lived the longest out of ANY competitive FPS I've played since Modern Warfare (though the single-player of CoD4 lasted longer due to my inability to complete the "Defend MacMillan" objective on Hard for months) and it's also got the most memorable story in an FPS since then. People seem to enjoy hating on Black Ops because its gameplay is not especially innovative, and while I'll admit that's true, it's still a great game that's been excellently crafted. No, I won't be buying the next Call of Duty as I've come to dislike the Modern Warfare characters and I am finally beginning to tire of the gameplay, but Black Ops is a strong closing act.
Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Godak

NIS for perpetuating every terrible JRPG stereotype in existence.

MDickie for being, well...MDickie.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#87  Edited By FreakAche
eqaddictedfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#88  Edited By eqaddictedfool
@vidiot said:
"Oh, Sonic Team for sure. They have single handedly ruined what was once a highly respect property, while at the same time dismantling an entire fan-base.
Sonic as a property is phenomenal, something other developers would kill for a chance to make something out of it. The amateurish quality, and complete lack of any imagination regarding Sonic is amazing.

From a P.R. standpoint, Square wins the cake regarding most asinine public statements made...For some reason, Bioware recently seems to be trying to compete for this "prize". Which is confusing as hell, because they've been pretty level-headed for years regarding explaining their products. "

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Sonic team used to be so good. @vidiot:
Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Gust.

Only played one of their games (and it was all right, to be fair) but any time I see screens of their recent releases it really bums me out. It's like everything I hate about the Japanese game industry summed up in one image.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#90  Edited By abdo
@Little_Socrates:  Defending CODBLOPS and calling it great? You cannot be serious. 

At the end of the day, it's all about marketing. The more ads there are of something, the more likely people will buy it. I even heard on a podcast the other week how they were discussing upcoming games and comparing them by how much advertising there's been of them. They literally compared how good these games were gonna be by how well-advertised they were.
TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#91  Edited By TrashMustache
@EvilTwin:  oh please, the term least favourite was invented to make that exact distinction,  least favourite means your least favourite out of a list of stuff (in this case developers)  you like,  the worst is the worst out of a list you hate to begin with.
TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TrashMustache

@MordeaniisChaos: I you mean that it should not have been the sequel to mass effect 2, i think I know what you mean, the first one felt more fantastical, rooted in geeky sci-fi, its core was more nerdy and not as serious, i loved it,, it's true that in terms of tone they have nothing to do with each other, but really please dont tell me you think ME2 is bad? 

coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By coryrx8
@somethingdumb said:
"Of the people that call themselves game developers, Zynga takes the cake. Why? Because I have a soul.

Of actual game developers? Lionhead Studios, because everyone loves Fable games and I think they're bad. The fact that people are so in love with it fills me with a thick molasses rage. "

Good lord, I forgot about Zynga. I guess I don't consider that band of thieves to be an actual developer, since they've never actually created anything. Yeah, Zynga is like a cancerous growth on the development community. I've never done anything that got them a single red cent, and I never will. Now if only the rest of the world would grow a sense of ethics and do the same...
TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TrashMustache
I really like this thread, it's full of a heart-felt users who will defend the game they love to the bone! it's a great read :) Yeah bethesda probably takes it for me, Love their stuff, but the jank, the jank, the jank.
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#95  Edited By MariachiMacabre
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#96  Edited By vager

I sure have favorite developers, but I never even thought of what my least favorite is. 
I genially don't care to find out who it is either.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Little_Socrates
@abdo said:
" @Little_Socrates:  Defending CODBLOPS and calling it great? You cannot be serious.   At the end of the day, it's all about marketing. The more ads there are of something, the more likely people will buy it. I even heard on a podcast the other week how they were discussing upcoming games and comparing them by how much advertising there's been of them. They literally compared how good these games were gonna be by how well-advertised they were. "
Uh, so what does that idiot podcast discussing marketing strategies performed by publishers have to do with Black Ops or Treyarch as a developer? Yes, Activision is offensive as a publisher; they've forced so many studios into exhaustion that it's mind-boggling. But Treyarch developed a rather swell game with Black Ops; it's easily my favorite Call of Duty since the original Modern Warfare, and I was never able to get into Modern Warfare's multiplayer.
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#98  Edited By Commisar123

Platinum games for no other reason then I don't see what others like about them though if you do please let me know cuz i can't figure it out