Mary Kish Is Moving on to G̶r̶e̶e̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶P̶a̶s̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ Twitch.tv

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@shindig: plus Greg Kasavin, Carrie Gouskos, Rich Gallup, Chris Waters, Cara Ellison and many others.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mary is awesome, I wish her the best.

Now, on to Gamespot. What the hell? Is anyone even left over there besides Peter Brown? At this point I barely even consider Gamespot to be a gaming website anymore, more of a "geek culture" site than anything else these days. I have to say these last few years haven't been kind to Gamespot at all. When the Whiskey Media crew got picked up under CBSI and Gamespot I thought "oh, awesome, things are going back to the good 'ol days", but now it seems like Jeff & the GB crew are literally the only ones left of the "old guard" at Gamespot, and the last of Whiskey Media.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Palmlykta

Aww, only really knew her from GB streams but I liked her, really brightened up the place :(

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seriously duders, you are out of your minds if you think Giant Bomb would poach talent from Gamespot. You know the saying "never shit where you eat"? It's entirely applicable to the idea of an entity like Giant Bomb headhunting talent from another arm of the company they work for (CBSi). Jeff would have to be a maniac to try something like that. The optics alone of such a move would be hugely negative for everyone involved.

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Brown is now the only person over there that I care about. Everyone left.

What the hell happened at Gamespot all of a sudden?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously duders, you are out of your minds if you think Giant Bomb would poach talent from Gamespot. You know the saying "never shit where you eat"? It's entirely applicable to the idea of an entity like Giant Bomb headhunting talent from another arm of the company they work for (CBSi). Jeff would have to be a maniac to try something like that. The optics alone of such a move would be hugely negative for everyone involved.

There are people working for both sites actually so if she came to giantbomb(or anybody from gamespot did) it would be like moving to a different department. I don't think it would be negative, and if it happened i doubt the announcement would be secret.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I understand and appreciate your sentiment but I really do not agree that it's as simple as just switching departments within a company, and I stand by my statement about the optics of such a move.

T0FFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's obviously focusing full time on her wrestling-career, right?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's heading to Trump's cabinet as Secretary of Great.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hope she comes back on podcasts. she wasnt on much but her voice is a nice contrast to the gb dudes deep voices.

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@whitegreyblack: In larger companies internal transfers are extremely common

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makinbacon: I mean, you aren't wrong per se, but is that really that true when it comes to on-air talent? I don't think so, or at least can't think of many, or any, instances.

Either way, it's kind of a silly debate. There is no way she is coming to GB, period. It's silly to think so for a lot of reasons, but if you want two really good ones they are: 1) it would be a step sideways or maybe even backwards for her; and 2) Drew already wished her well. I love Mary, just like I loved Danny, but let's all be realistic.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god just stop it. No one from Gamespot will ever work at Giant Bomb.

/dicussion

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god just stop it. No one from Gamespot will ever work at Giant Bomb.

/dicussion

No one from except Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Alex and Ryan.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Lv4Monk

What's with all the "gamespot to giant bomb would be CRAAAAAAAAAZY!" ? Not saying it's likely but assuming no because...reasons is a little much.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Lv4Monk

@sethmode: Then we'll have to disagree on "legitimate". Feels like a lot of ways to say "because it wouldn't make sense" without a great understanding of why that is.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lv4monk: huh? So you think it is MORE likely that Mary would both take at best a step sideways, and Drew would wish her good luck despite the fact that she would be working with him soon? Either way, this is a pointless argument. I will eat whatever hat Dan finally eats if Mary ends up on the GB crew.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: I hate how disagreeing with someones argument means you support the opposite idea. I don't think it's likely Mary Kish is joining Giant Bomb but I also disagree with your reasoning for why she wouldn't.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Lv4Monk

@sethmode: No, more important than critiquing reasoning over opinions is me getting the last word, so...

Word.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm going to miss seeing her so often on GB quick looks and streams. I wish her luck where ever she goes to next! You rock girlie!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#128 gamer_152  Moderator

I was bummed to find out about this. Kish has been one of the most compelling personalities at Gamespot and I hope whatever platform she moves onto, it gives her the voice she deserves.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To go with the argument of someone going from gamespot to giantbomb it could all be really good timing. Dan went easy and then maybe ms kish was planning on leaving because she needed a change or maybe internally gamespot wants to go in a different direction. It would be a perfect timing coincidence and a lot of great jobs happen because of timing.

That being said I don't think giantbomb is bringing in any up front talent, probably just IT guys and engineers. Behind the curtain stuff

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BojackHorseman

@paulmako: Extraordinary circumstances and you know it.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lead_dispencer: I thought they recently posted something for an editor, but I could be wrong. I want to say they were talking about getting someone on to fill the void Dan left, they already lost Austin with no replacement.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lead_dispencer: I thought they recently posted something for an editor, but I could be wrong. I want to say they were talking about getting someone on to fill the void Dan left, they already lost Austin with no replacement.

dan is austins repacement .

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Dan fits an Austin shaped hole?

Is that too much? I don't know anymore.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rkofan87 said:
@atomicoldman said:

Oh come on, you know what I mean. GB lost Austin putting them down as a whole by one person. They've since not hired anybody to fill the void. If you want to be semantic, then they need a replacement for Dan who replaced Austin, but I shouldn't have to spell it out that far.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rkofan87 said:
@atomicoldman said:

Oh come on, you know what I mean. GB lost Austin putting them down as a whole by one person. They've since not hired anybody to fill the void. If you want to be semantic, then they need a replacement for Dan who replaced Austin, but I shouldn't have to spell it out that far.

yes i do gbw needs a new man or woman to fill dans seat and i hope its somone cool.

Nagafen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamespot has been trash ever since they did that redesign and took out all the features it used to have.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nagafen said:

Gamespot has been trash ever since they did that redesign and took out all the features it used to have.

Ok?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

What's a Gamespot?

dovah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mary is the best and I wish her all the happiness in the world.

dovah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: You should know that Jeff has talked at length about hiring someone on his jar time stream. They are looking for a more junior position, he has to deal with CBSi HR, he has to look though applications, he doesn't have anyone in mind, it's taken a long time because of all the GOTY stuff...

So it's in the works but it's a long process.

LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im guessing Mary is either going to NoClip, Kinda Funny or some studio

daltimond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Kish the best. I'll surely follow her to whatever she moves onto next. I'm sure whatever it is, itll be awesome.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: now we need to take care of the Dan Hole.

Rubberchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite being bummed about it I wish her all the best and hope she'll achieve her goals. Having her on UPFs, podcasts and last but not least Extra Life streams was amazing. She's really funny and she adds quite a bit to the discussion (Skyline chili is a highlight), I recommend listening to Gamespot's Dead Air.

She's also a pro Downwell player.

Good luck, Mary!

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Mary! No!

Hope to see her around the press anyways. She adds so much every time she shows up.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rkofan87: Austin was a news editor. Dan isn't. So no, Dan is not Austin's replacement, Dan's just Dan.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god how is this thread still going...

No one from Gamespot is going to GB.

Dan has taken the seat in NYC.

The new hire will be in SF.

Done. /thread

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Zeik

@bojackhorseman: You can't /thread a thread consisting mostly of people wishing her well.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#149  Edited By fatalbanana

Just to reiterate how likable Marry is and how good she is as a personality. She has this infectious enthusiasm for the things she likes that just makes you feel good.

Loading Video...

Good luck Mary! I look forward to see what you do next.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Fair enough. How about /thepartaboutgiantbombsnewhireinthisthread