MMO The Secret World's trailer -- Wow...just "wow!"

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By penguindust

This has got to be the coolest, most surprising trailer I’ve seen in a long time.  Granted, it’s all CG (not in-game engine) rendered, but since the game, The Secret World is a planned MMO for PC & the Xbox 360, it will obviously look very different to play.  But that’s not really the point of the trailer, which is to get everyone excited about this new game.  Well, it worked on me.

According to Funcom’s press release, The Secret World is an MMO which takes place in the modern world.  However, kind of like the old tabletop RPG, Shadowrun, monsters and magic exist.  I imagine corporations and secret societies vying for power behind sight of the general population. After years of slogging through stereotypical fantasy worlds (WOW), this project intrigues me.  Although there is no release date, I hope we’ll get to see more of it at this year's E3.

Press release: http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&table=CONTENT&func_id=1204

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.  I enjoy Lord of the Rings, but I'm looking for something a little different and this might be it.  Plus, your mention of Shadowrun got my interest too.  If it's set up similarly, I'll be a happy camper.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho

It looks like an Asian MMO, which generally turn out to be horrendous grind fests. 

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By destro

Sick. The 360/PC needs a new exclusive. Even better that's its a MMO because to have a MMO on a console iwill draw a lot of attention to the 360 for the people who don't own one. Also since its for the PC aswell i asume that PC owners of the game and 360 owners will be able to play together. Making the game even bigger.