Most horrible worlds to ever live in, within video games...

• 83 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

Let this topic be known that there will be spoilers for all kinds of games either due to being sequels or other reasons.

Now then. I will be spoiling the ENTIRE Golden Sun series in this topic. I am just warning everyone so no one freaks out. But believe me when I say this. I would never want to live in this horrible world.

I am going to go by the two eras so far in this series. Yes... this game series has got eras.

Also I gotta say, the writers of this game are fucking smart and very subtle about how the story goes and what happens. Just check TVtropes if you don't believe me, I mean, holy shit... A shitton of care went into these games stories.

1. The Era of no Alchemy.

Basically, in this world there is literally no great sources of technology at all and everyone is stuck in a time which would make the Romans fucking advanced at a 1000 years ahead level. Everyone lives within either a small village or town guarded by only the most weak of walls. Considering the fact that people get attacked outside these gates by monsters almost constantly and even CROSSBOWS don't exist. You are fucked if you don't have a group with you.

That isn't even 1% of the fucked up level there is. Mayors in cities are either greedy or just corrupted that would make North Korea somewhat sane.. er... Pirates are free to roam and Adepts (mages basically) are in hiding because of normal people and Werewolf villages are forced to keep their garbs on and hide even more than the Adepts! Monsters dominate the landscape to the point where even the main heroes of the first/second game have a hard as fuck time dealing with them. (Where a normal human would have no chance in hell of surviving.) Farmland is rare and dwindling... wanna know why?

Because this world is literally fucked. The world is basically a small island with a small ocean that beyond the ocean are falls that fall into nothingness. All the while the world is disappearing slowly into the void of this abyss. Hell, the enemies of the game are actually TRYING to stop this while you have no clue. It isn't until the half point of the second game do you find this out!

Heck, Whenever one of the four lighthouses in these games are lit. (the one way to prevent the end of the world.) Earthquakes happen and fuck everything up surrounding the area! Entire continents can drift away due to this! Heck, that is the beginning of the second game!

The God of this world. The Wise one being the guy who had begun the end of the world. You basically Logic bomb him to the point where he himself is proven wrong and actually ends up helping you and the world when he actually was going to end the world due to his mistaken judgement of what was going on the entire damn time! (Basically, the main characters convinced God that he was wrong...)

Than, as you activate the last tower you think you did good and stopped the end of the world! well... here comes the next era...

2. The Era of Alchemy. 30 years after the second game.

Things got WORSE. VERY FUCKING WORSE!

The Golden Sun event caused in GS2 shook the entire world up, destroying everything and werewolf people who didn't become full beasts in the first game unless they look at the moon into fulltime werewolves. The mountain where the Golden Sun appeared is a volcanic wreck.

Now strange black hole like things are sucking in matter in this world. No one knows why and the characters of GS1/2 are searching why as you go on a massive fetch quest which turns into something holy shit worthy.

I haven't even gotten to what happened to all those towns and villages huh? Well, any of them with mayors or leaders had become Kingdoms with Emperors and Kings and Queens and they are constantly fighting/infighting each other in full on wars you don't actually witness but hear about... they sound horrible thanks to all the widows and grandparents without children anymore...

Also... it has a very Chinese style to it... which makes things even more insane due to how much political infighting goes on! Fuck! A bunch of these dudes who are kings and stuff were once fucking Mayors!!!

A pirate village which kept on pirate level economy due to the sane fact that they have no idea on how to create farmlands in this fertile world... (Like trying to open a can of food without a can opener.) And... worse yet... Morgal... the society of beast people are some of the biggest asshole human racists in video games I have EVER have seen... Every full moon they grab up any human criminals and as a festival plays and haves fun, they WATCH HUMANS GET BOILED TO DEATH!!! EVEN CHILDREN!!! This happens... every, full, moon...

WTF!? Shockingly... things get WORSER!!! (Fuck you English language! In this instance I am claiming this as a word! Just this once!)

A event caused by one of the main baddies causes the sun to be blocked and the land starts getting invaded by Alan Wake monsters that are only weak to light! People start dying by a tip of a hat and entire cities that you visited are fucking leveled to the ground! Worse yet, you have a mind reader with you who can read the last thoughts of all the dying and rotting corpses around you!!!

Oh, and this darkness monster thing isn't just a small event. It takes up a good 1/5 of this fucking world! A very populated on at that!

Then you find out that there are two more classes of psynergy. (magic.) that has been in hiding. Light and Darkness. Thanks to the Golden Sun event you basically fucked over the Darkness side of things so the main reason they caused a entire hellzone to appear is just to make it livable for them only!

Then, at the very end of the game. You know those black holes that have been showing up? Well there is one from outside the starting point of the game... and it is fucking huge...

The world is about to be fucked even more in the next game, I am sure of this.

Basically, the entire world of Golden Sun is in a constant state of, "Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't."

So yeah... I believe this may be the worst video game world to ever live in, fuck, not even Fallout deals with this much shit other than the nuclear war... other than that it is just a bunch of small battles for power... Golden Sun however? That shitty 2012 movie had less destruction and chaos happen in it than Golden Sun...

The level of fucked up shit is above 11 at this point.
The level of fucked up shit is above 11 at this point.

What video game world do you believe is horrible to live in? Other than the obvious crap ones like Fallout anyway.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Demon's Souls because my life would only be around 5 minutes long.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

5-2

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jay444111

@Grissefar said:

5-2

What is that?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Grissefar

5-2

I see your 5-2 and raise you World -1.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One I wouldn't want to live in, that most people probably don't think as the most obvious one, is the Half-Life universe.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By shirogane

Man, you've just made Golden Sun a lot darker than it initially seems. You've turned it into Nier, or Dark Souls, and those worlds are utterly horrible. Well, Nier definitely, i can't say about Dark Souls, since all you see is the one part of the world where nobody is alive.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grissefar

@Jay444111 said:

@Grissefar said:

5-2

What is that?

It's a sick, sick swamp level in Demon's Souls where it's dark, you don't know the way, there is no map, your health keeps draining from the poison swamp and the mosquito disease, you can barely move, you can't roll, there are giants with clubs in your way who can easily overpower you in the swamp and if you should stray too far from the small islands to grap a treasure, you might get caught by a black phantom or a giant slug nest. It's a giant relief when you finally make it around to push the small plank and make a shortcut so you never have to set foot in the swamp again.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I would kick ass at real life pokemon.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Cirdain

Dante's inferno or one of the recent COD games.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By Svenzon

Wouldn't wanna live in the world of I Wanna Be The Guy, where even a falling apple will make you explode.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Doom...sounds like hell

buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buckwatters

@Rebel_Scum: DAMN! You said it before I could!

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I imagine the fallout universe would be a shitty place to live.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By themangalist

@hidys said:

I imagine the fallout universe would be a shitty place to live.

Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I'd say the totalitarian City 17. And probably Prototype's NY.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By willin
Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deathmachine117

The Fallout, Gears and Mass Effect which appeared nice for the first two games then was mostly destroyed in the third.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Probably Dune, not the book, but the video game. It's not so much the giant worms and everything else, I just hate hot weather. I just know I wouldn't make it far being constantly sweaty.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlexanderSheen

The Witcher universe is pretty fucked up.

ScreamingFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ScreamingFist

Noby Noby Boy: Who wants to be eaten and shit out by a stretchy worm thing all the time?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten

Limbo, or Raccoon City. 
Wait no, Steelport or Stilwater are terrible places! You walk around and bam you get shot for no reason at all by some Gang member who thinks he or she is the god of men!  
So the world of Saint's Row! 

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By DeF

@Jay444111: Wow thanks for writing this. I've played all three games but the long break between them and the endless dialog stopped me from appreciating the big-picture narrative. I vaguely remember reacting to some of the things you touched on but it seems I didn't pay proper attention. Did you play through all of them consecutively fairly recent or how did you manage to string all this together?

You made me appreciate Golden Sun on a whole 'nother level. Now if only the actual dialog writing were better (more concise, less long-winded) so one could actually enjoy the story without falling asleep halfway through conversations... :)

I wish this site had some kind of "thumbs up" system.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258

Fallout and Gears of War really wouldn't be nice places to live. I imagine that even after post-Locust destruction, Gears wouldn't be great because there aren't many humans left.

Fallout would just be a really shitty place to live. If you don't die of either cancer, a bullet wound, a monster infestation, or a giant bug, then something else new and creatively destructive will come and get you. Plus it would be a hard life while you live as well - no good food, not much clean water, constant worry over radiation and monsters, etc.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EXTomar

I thought Bioshock was a bit too effective. Although I enjoyed the game, the atmosphere and setting was so unpleasant and uncomfortable I had absolutely no desire to see any part of that world again which factor into my decision to skip Bioshock 2.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NakAttack

Albion in fable

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

@ZeForgotten said:

Limbo, or Raccoon City. Wait no, Steelport or Stilwater are terrible places! You walk around and bam you get shot for no reason at all by some Gang member who thinks he or she is the god of men! So the world of Saint's Row!

Worse yet, it would likely be by someone dressed up in flamboyant purple bondage gear - and the cause would also more than likely involve either a kick of death to the groin or a smack across the face with a dildo bat. The one's who simply get run over or shot are the lucky ones! So to speak.

Silent Hill seems like a pretty fucked up place. It's a town which now basically has the primary purpose of looking deep inside of you, twisting just about everything you are into horrific nightmare fuel, and then it uses that to kill you.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ravenlight

Living in Katamari Damacy world seems pretty dangerous. It would be like normal real life except eventually all your shit would get ruined and you'd be sent into space. The only way to be safe would be to duct tape bears to yourself and even then, the bears would probably be pretty pissed.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By M_Shini

Having to live the same era over and over again in Dynasty warriors would probably drive some to insanity eventually.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BonOrbitz

Any game that takes place during WWII. The worst part is that it all actually happened to real people.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Wasn't this a thread recently?

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By devilzrule27

Earth in resistance's alternate time line pretty much sucks.

I also wouldn't want to live in the city from Mirror's Edge.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeanFoster

Azeroth. Place is littered with evil ancient Insect empires, demonic forces seek to conquer it, extra-planetary invasions, evil Trolls armies, the undead scourge, dragons roam around roasting fools, Pandas, etc.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Fuck, I'd go with the entire Mushroom Kingdom. Fuck that place. Some weak, nonexistent government whose most seemingly important member is constantly being kidnapped by a GIANT FUCKING DRAGON is no place for me. Not to mention, that they clearly have no defense force to prevent this whatsoever, and everyone there relies on an overweight plumber to show up and temporarily fix some things--which we can't even be sure he would do if it wasn't for a woman. Does anyone in the Kingdom address this? Nope! Instead, it's like Peach just wants them to eat cake, and the residents fall victim to the bread and circuses that are their kart races, sporting events, and massive parties. The entire land is in such a state of neglect and disrepair that the only means of major transportation seems to be by pipe (save for maybe the occasional train or boat, but oh boy, you know in this corrupt hell hole, you're gonna have to do some series of favors for someone just to get a ride because of course there's no regulation or standards and practices on any of this).

Honestly, I don't even know how such a place continues or why people continue to live there. You would think maybe by the time a giant fucking TALKING sword came crashing down into the castle, people would start to consider buying a plot of land over in cozy, little Pallet Town. I know I would.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#35  Edited By Svenzon

@SeanFoster said:

Azeroth. Place is littered with evil ancient Insect empires, demonic forces seek to conquer it, extra-planetary invasions, evil Trolls armies, the undead scourge, dragons roam around roasting fools, Pandas, etc.

That and elves and dwarves running around quoting movies all the time.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By renmckormack

Tetris

(1) Blocks crush you from all angles with no break.

(2) Droning hypnotic Russian synth beats.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zeforgotten
@Yummylee said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Limbo, or Raccoon City. Wait no, Steelport or Stilwater are terrible places! You walk around and bam you get shot for no reason at all by some Gang member who thinks he or she is the god of men! So the world of Saint's Row!

Worse yet, it would likely be by someone dressed up in flamboyant purple bondage gear - and the cause would also more than likely involve either a kick of death to the groin or a smack across the face with a dildo bat. The one's who simply get run over or shot are the lucky ones! So to speak.

Silent Hill seems like a pretty fucked up place. It's a town which now basically has the primary purpose of looking deep inside of you, twisting just about everything you are into horrific nightmare fuel, and then it uses that to kill you.

If I ever went and lived in the world of Saint's Row I would hope to be one of these "lucky ones" that's for sure.
FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FongGhoul

Lots of JRPGs are pretty messed up places, and Hyrule if you think about it.

Tiny towns with hardly anybody in them, which are islands of safety with crazy monsters that try to kill you in between. And some evil guy/monster/god is trying to dominate and/or end the world.

But yeah, Dark Souls would be the worst.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By leftie68

@CrossTheAtlantic: Bowser is a turtle not a dragon, but I do agree with you, the mushroom kingdom is a scary place.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By onan

@Jay444111 said:

Because this world is literally fucked.

That's a world I wouldn't want to live in for completely different reasons. Probably the frequent earthquakes and periodic gross showers.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AngelN7

Capital Wasteland ... I wouldn't leave my house/vault ever If I lived there I mean Yao Guai, Deathclaws that stuff is from nightmares.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e28dbaa07135
deactivated-5e28dbaa07135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The correct answer is clearly the Portal testchambers.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ervonymous

The nightmare reality school in Corpse Party. Everything's fucked up and when you finally die you'll feel the pain of whatever it is that killed you forever.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Coafi
FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FilipHolm

tranquility lane from Fallout 3 maybe? Goddamn just thinking of that place gives me the creeps

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Azeroth is the worst. No really, most video game worlds have 1 major apocalypse, Azeroth has some new ancient evil every year.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Cirdain said:

Dante's inferno or one of the recent COD games.

Oh, you mean hell. Lol.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By Gabriel

World of Resistance 2.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Morrow

@Jay444111 said:

What video game world do you believe is horrible to live in? Other than the obvious crap ones like Fallout anyway.

Actually... I'd like to live in the world of Fallout :]

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jay444111

@Morrow said:

@Jay444111 said:

Actually... I'd like to live in the world of Fallout :]

I fully admit that it would be interesting to check out for a while... as long as you have a gun and know how to shoot it, you should be fine in most places... until Enclave or Deathclaws start showing up at least.