• 60 results
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jonnyp

With the release of Fallout 3 drawing nearer, I'm curious as to an announcement of the 5th installment of the elder scrolls, specifically:

What land and race will it be focused around? and
Will they keep it single player, or go for the passive revenue stream of a MMORPG?  I, for one, hope not.

Your thoughts?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

perhaps some coop mode with a large number of players? They could make a mmorpg out of it that for sure.
Anyway there will alays be gothic 4 for the single player experience

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

There's no way ES5 will be a MMORPG. I wouldn't be surprised if Beth got around to making an MMO ES spin-off though. There would be no reason to make ES5 an MMO, it would alienate a huge portion of the current fanbase and it wouldn't attract anymore new fans more than a similarly ES titled spin off would.

As for location, who knows. Maybe Elswyr and Valenwood?

As for what race it will be focused around, who knows. Khajit?

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jonnyp

I just remember playing Morrowind for xbox and how completely engulfed I became in it.  It was such a vast world, and the fact that it was so rich and single player really hooked me.  There is something to be said about games like WOW, but I still prefer a good single player experience - especially one in worlds like bethesda likes to create. 

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SlowHands

I don't know about another Elder Scrolls and I'm worried about Fallout 3.  I find Bethesda's games really dull.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Vaxadrin

Elder Scrolls V: Fallout 3

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Yep, I've been playing this series since... shit, it seems like forever. Since Arena.

Bethesda making the nest ES an MMORPG would be like Blizzard making a sequul to WoW that's a single player ES-styled WRPG.

There's just no reason for Beth to deviate from such an established, financially successful formula. If you're not Blizzard, breaking into the MMORPG market in a big way is quite difficult. If Beth tried it they wouldn't gamble the next official installment of the ES series.

I can totally see them making an ES-titled MMORPG spin-off though.
That being said, I can't imagine ESV being anything other than a single player affair.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
SlowHands said:
"I don't know about another Elder Scrolls and I'm worried about Fallout 3.  I find Bethesda's games really dull."

You can stop worrying and skip Fallout altogether then.

If you find Bethesda's games dull, and Bethesda is making Fallout 3, well, there you go. Fallout 3 will be very much a Beth game.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A bunch of us were talking about this during the last Bombing Run.

The best way to expand the Elder Scrolls series, now that Bethesda has pretty well perfected single-player open-ended gameplay, is to introduce a small multiplayer concept.  Personally, I would be content with a world as expansive as Morrowind or Cyrodill with the capability to support only two players.  The pair can then progress through the storyline a la Crackdown, or one can focus on guild work and dungeon crawling while the other concentrates on exploring the storyline. 

Whatever path Bethesda takes with the next Elder Scrolls sequel (read: Non-MMO), there is something to be said about the outcry of Oblivion's major changes.  Predominantly speaking, Bethesda needs to reconcile the qualms people have with scaling enemies/loot, and certain limitations need to be removed, or at the very least, heightened. 

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Tarsier said:
"I hope the next elder scrolls has some sort of multiplayer component. Maybe not necessarily an MMO style but it would be cool if there was some sort of NWN/halo 3 forge/far cry 2 style map editor where people could make their own multiplayer quests."
I can't imagine how that could possibly work.

How would you create the NPC's? The many dial
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jonnyp

Some type of game sharing or coop questing, a la fable II, could be a fun and interesting addition, but it just seems like it would be so hard to implement cohesively.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Endogene
jonnyp said:
"Some type of game sharing or coop questing, a la fable II, could be a fun and interesting addition, but it just seems like it would be so hard to implement cohesively."
well it could be like a human player takes a NPC its place when he joins your game, and the NPC AI evolves depending on how the human player plays when in its skins
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"A bunch of us were talking about this during the last Bombing Run.

The best way to expand the Elder Scrolls series, now that Bethesda has pretty well perfected single-player open-ended gameplay, is to introduce a small multiplayer concept.  Personally, I would be content with a world as expansive as Morrowind or Cyrodill with the capability to support only two players.  The pair can then progress through the storyline a la Crackdown, or one can focus on guild work and dungeon crawling while the other concentrates on exploring the storyline. 

Whatever path Bethesda takes with the next Elder Scrolls sequel (read: Non-MMO), there is something to be said about the outcry of Oblivion's major changes.  Predominantly speaking, Bethesda needs to reconcile the qualms people have with scaling enemies/loot, and certain limitations need to be removed, or at the very least, heightened. "
What would be the point? Co-Op isn't really "worthwhile" unless you're both playing together, within one another's FOV. If you're both off doing completely different things, why bother? If you're playing together, who receives the loot?
Also, would you both share the same inventory? What if one of the character's got an item that the other needed to complete/progress in a quest? Who would be the "one?" When not playing "Together" what would happen if someone was doing a quest which involved an NPC that was also involved in a quest the other person was engaged in? How would you determine which quests person 1 could do and which quests person 2 could do? Would you both start the game in the same prison Cell?  
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icil

Perhaps Bethesda is biding their time until they can build all of Tamriel into one game...
It's possible, right?
Please?

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Icil said:
"Perhaps Bethesda is biding their time until they can build all of Tamriel into one game...
It's possible, right?
Please?"

Arena?
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jonnyp
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Whatever path Bethesda takes with the next Elder Scrolls sequel (read: Non-MMO), there is something to be said about the outcry of Oblivion's major changes.  Predominantly speaking, Bethesda needs to reconcile the qualms people have with scaling enemies/loot, and certain limitations need to be removed, or at the very least, heightened. "
Agreed.  The scaling of enemies and loot was broken for sure.  I really enjoyed Oblivion, but in so many ways I feel Morrowind was a better experience.  I know its a bit freaky, but I liked to get a house in Morrowind and organize all the cool loot I'd get on the floors and tables.  With Oblivions physics system, that became impossible.
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Icil
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"A bunch of us were talking about this during the last Bombing Run.

Whatever path Bethesda takes with the next Elder Scrolls sequel (read: Non-MMO), there is something to be said about the outcry of Oblivion's major changes.  Predominantly speaking, Bethesda needs to reconcile the qualms people have with scaling enemies/loot, and certain limitations need to be removed, or at the very least, heightened. "
What would be the point? Co-Op isn't really "worthwhile" unless you're both playing together, within one another's FOV. If you're both off doing completely different things, why bother? If you're playing together, who receives the loot?
Also, would you both share the same inventory? What if one of the character's got an item that the other needed to complete/progress in a quest? Who would be the "one?" What would happen if someone was doing a quest which involved an NPC that was also involved in a quest the other person was engaged in? How would you determine which quests person 1 could do and which quests person 2 could do? Would you both start the game in the same prison Cell?  "
I agree that Co-op is unlikely, which is why I'm hoping for an online Arena!
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vaxadrin

Yeah, Elder Scrolls should remain single player.  Oblivion isn't perfect by any means, and there's still loads of room for improvement for ES5.  I would prefer they spent their time making more believable NPCs, and better loot/enemy scaling than putting in a co-op mode.  There's tons of other similar multiplayer games out there for people to play instead.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icil
jonnyp said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Whatever path Bethesda takes with the next Elder Scrolls sequel (read: Non-MMO), there is something to be said about the outcry of Oblivion's major changes.  Predominantly speaking, Bethesda needs to reconcile the qualms people have with scaling enemies/loot, and certain limitations need to be removed, or at the very least, heightened. "
Agreed.  The scaling of enemies and loot was broken for sure.  I really enjoyed Oblivion, but in so many ways I feel Morrowind was a better experience.  I know its a bit freaky, but I liked to get a house in Morrowind and organize all the cool loot I'd get on the floors and tables.  With Oblivions physics system, that became impossible."
Ha. That's not freaky at all.

Everyone claimed the Nerano Manor in Balmora =D
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jonnyp
Icil said:
"jonnyp said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
Agreed.  The scaling of enemies and loot was broken for sure.  I really enjoyed Oblivion, but in so many ways I feel Morrowind was a better experience.  I know its a bit freaky, but I liked to get a house in Morrowind and organize all the cool loot I'd get on the floors and tables.  With Oblivions physics system, that became impossible."
Ha. That's not freaky at all.

Everyone claimed the Nerano Manor in Balmora =D"
It's funny, I found myself constantly looking for houses with more and more table space.  Nerano had a great downstairs for that!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiffMcBlumpkin said:
Would you both start the game in the same prison Cell?
Goddammit, I can only hope. 

But, no, after reading your post, I agree to some extent.  I mean, if Bethesda refuses to stray from their formula, then a multiplayer component will never work. 

That being said, there are ways to plan around some of the aforesaid hurdles.  Crackdown, for instance, allowed one player to do, literally speaking, all of the work while the other fucked around, piling the immobile carcasses of vehicles atop each other, only to fire innumerable rockets at it.  That worked.  And worked well.  It's not necessary to continually rehash a storyline in which the protagonist becomes a sort of demigod anointed only by gods of higher authority, and as such, it's not necessary to have "Moon and Star" rings for both players.

But, I guess you mean keys and the like.  Which does pose a serious problem, if not logistically, then logically. 

What I really want, more than anything, I think, is the ability for two players to interact in the Elder Scrolls environment, to be able to trade items, to be able to go loot hunting.  I've always sort of thought of Bethesda's series as a first-person Diablo, and in that sense, a campaign mode could work.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaxadrin

I took over this dude's house in Caldera, then filled it to the brim with all the pillows & candles I could acquire all over the island.  It was so awesome.

The odd thing is, they removed the ability to easily place items in Oblivion, yet they allow you to buy weapon racks & display cases for your houses. -_-

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Tarsier said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Tarsier said:
"I hope the next elder scrolls has some sort of multiplayer component. Maybe not necessarily an MMO style but it would be cool if there was some sort of NWN/halo 3 forge/far cry 2 style map editor where people could make their own multiplayer quests."

How would you create the NPC's? The many dialogue options that correspond to how the quest progresses? The VO? The structure and pacing of the quest? Without these things it would just be a multiplayer Death Match session with swords, and if it was, how would that work? Would everyone be slow, can't jump high/cast spells/carry anything worthwhile of high weight/etc. Level 1's? You can't recreate a questline in ES by placing boxes and crates on a battlefield."
It wouldn't be hard. Far Cry 2's map editor is doing things I never thought would be possible on a console game. You wouldn't have to have voice acting, or very complicated quests. It'd be cool."

Still, games like Far Cry work on a multiplayer level because there is very minimal progression of character. When you're at point A you're essentially going to be the same character you're going to be when you get to point E. You can throw yourself into a multiplayer scenario and have it work. You can use the guns, you can run fast enough, you can jump high enough, you can do everything every other opponent can do. The extent of  character progression in Far Cry if I remember right is turning more and more into a beast when you play through the game because of the goof juice you got shot into you (and that tiny progression isn't relevant at all in multiplayer,) but multiplayer works in such games because you can play it properly with no progression, every character is identical in capability and always will be.

That's not how the ES work. It's all about interaction with NPC's and character progression. What you're capable of at level 1 is very different than what you're capable of/what you have/what you can use when you're a level 10. Would everyone start at a pre-determined level, with a pre-determined race, and a pre-determined inventory? How would you possible create the NPC's needed to initiate and progress the "Quest?"  

If it's not Quest based, it would have to be a mindless DeathMatch. If that's the case, everyone would once again start with a pre-determined level/race/inventory and no character progression would be possible, that's be horribly boring. That's FPS territory and wouldn't work within the ES universe. 
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By weltal

I hope so. If they are, there better be lycanthropy. I miss being able to be a Werewolf.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Ma7moud

I remember a rumor saying that Bethesda is working on Elder Scrolls online. I hope its true.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By BiggerBomb

I will bet 1,000,000 Internet Bucks* that The Elder Scrolls V will take place in Summerset Isle. I believe this because...

1. Bethesda is well known for dropping clues (wow, I almost spelt that as clews) to the next game in the current game (did that make sense to anyone except me?) that they are working on. Troubles in Summerset Isle is a topic on 9/10 civilian lips and I think those conversations were setting the stage for a adventure in Summerset Isle.

If not that, it will probably be in Valenwood, but most likely Summerset Isle. If you bought the Limited Edition you would have the "Empire Pocket Guide" thingamajiggy which has a couple pages that also sets the stage for a classic adventure in Valenwood.

2. TESV will probably be on the next generation of consoles and even if it is not, their hardware will be significantly updated from their last entry into the series and what better a place to show off graphic potential than Summerset Isle? Beautiful vistas, crazy mushrooms that would probably send anyone who smokes pot into a daze (I have never done this, kids don't do drugs,) blue skies, vast seas, and a massive coral reef encompassing the Isles.

Note: That is just my reasoning, I am actually hoping that TESV will take place in Skyrim. I LOVED Bloodmoon and I have been under the impression that Solstheim recieved great reviews so I wouldn't be suprised if it was under consideration. Normally I would dismiss an arctic tundra as a viable environment for such a massive RPG; however, Vvardenfel is a barren ashland that, let's be honest here, is not eye candy. Of course the exception to this would be Sadrith Mora (holy shit, I am such a nerd) but that is only the North-Eastern coast of Vvardenfel.

Also, judging by how well Bloodmoon played they already have an idea for what people think about Skyrim. Nerd factoid: Solstheim was once part of Skyrim but in the Warp of the West it separated and drifted into Morrowind territory.

Last but not least:

Were-wolves, man! FUCKING WERE-WOLVES!

/nuff said.

*1,000,000 Internet Bucks is equivalent to 1/3 of an American Penny. Due to the cost of shipping, should I be proven wrong I still will not honor my side of the bargain. But thanks for playing!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaxadrin said:
"I took over this dude's house in Caldera, then filled it to the brim with all the pillows & candles I could acquire all over the island.  It was so awesome.

The odd thing is, they removed the ability to easily place items in Oblivion, yet they allow you to buy weapon racks & display cases for your houses. -_-"
I tried for so long to arrange shields, one shield of the Guard in every town, atop my mantle in Anvil. 

The physics system hated this idea, and I would occasionally have a shield jettison itself across the room as though it had been magnetized to the opposite wall.

I just as soon gave up my desires to decorate my home.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Tarsier said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Tarsier said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Tarsier said:

How would you create the NPC's? The many dialogue options that correspond to how the quest progresses? The VO? The structure and pacing of the quest? Without these things it would just be a multiplayer Death Match session with swords, and if it was, how would that work? Would everyone be slow, can't jump high/cast spells/carry anything worthwhile of high weight/etc. Level 1's? You can't recreate a questline in ES by placing boxes and crates on a battlefield."
It wouldn't be hard. Far Cry 2's map editor is doing things I never thought would be possible on a console game. You wouldn't have to have voice acting, or very complicated quests. It'd be cool."

Still, games like Far Cry work on a multiplayer level because there is very minimal progression of character. When you're at point A you're essentially going to be the same character you're going to be when you get to point E. You can throw yourself into a multiplayer scenario and have it work. You can use the guns, you can run fast enough, you can jump high enough, you can do everything every other opponent can do. The extent of  character progression in Far Cry if I remember right is turning more and more into a beast when you play through the game because of the goof juice you got shot into you (and that tiny progression isn't relevant at all in multiplayer,) but multiplayer works in such games because you can play it properly with no progression, every character is identical in capability and always will be.

That's not how the ES work. It's all about interaction with NPC's and character progression. What you're capable of at level 1 is very different than what you're capable of/what you have/what you can use when you're a level 10. Would everyone start at a pre-determined level, with a pre-determined race, and a pre-determined inventory? How would you possible create the NPC's needed to initiate and progress the "Quest?"  

If it's not Quest based, it would have to be a mindless DeathMatch. If that's the case, everyone would once again start with a pre-determined level/race/inventory and no character progression would be possible, that's be horribly boring. That's FPS territory and wouldn't work within the ES universe. "
If you have played NWN you would understand, a simplified version."
That sort of ToolSet (like Aurora) would be nearly impossible to get functional on a console.
And it's not comparable. They're both very different games, and NWN was always heavily made with Multiplayer in mind. ES never was, they're both structured very differently.
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jonnyp
Vaxadrin said:
"I took over this dude's house in Caldera, then filled it to the brim with all the pillows & candles I could acquire all over the island.  It was so awesome.

The odd thing is, they removed the ability to easily place items in Oblivion, yet they allow you to buy weapon racks & display cases for your houses. -_-"
So with one of my best characters, I accidentally killed a guard in Vivec and from then on every time I would show up in the city the guards would attack me.  So needless to say I ended up with tons of those golden helms, and eventually when I took over Caius Cosades house in Balmora I lined the roof with like a hundred of them.  It looked ridiculously awesome.
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jonnyp
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Vaxadrin said:

I tried for so long to arrange shields, one shield of the Guard in every town, atop my mantle in Anvil. 

The physics system hated this idea, and I would occasionally have a shield jettison itself across the room as though it had been magnetized to the opposite wall.

I just as soon gave up my desires to decorate my home."
Honestly, that problem was one of the biggest downfalls of Oblivion for me.  I hope the next iteration can remedy this.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Make it so you can access every area in the world, and possibly implement a Fable 2-like online system.

If they made every area accessible, I would be totally fine with less-than-Oblivion graphics. That is, assuming the fifth comes out next generation.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Arkthemaniac said:
"If they made every area accessible, I would be totally fine with less-than-Oblivion graphics. That is, assuming the fifth comes out next generation."

Just go back and play Arena then.

You'd be in the minori
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiggerBomb

Oblivion was beautiful in so many ways. Too many ways to describe.

The perfect video game is as follows:

-As open as Morrowind
-As polished as Oblivion

That would literally be orgasmic.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

What do you mean "As open as Morrowind?"

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arkthemaniac
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"If they made every area accessible, I would be totally fine with less-than-Oblivion graphics. That is, assuming the fifth comes out next generation."

Just go back and play Arena then.

You'd be in the minority of pleased consumers if the next installment came out and looked worse than Oblivion. It'd never happen either way."
Whar is teh copy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"What do you mean "As open as Morrowind?""
He means a removal of the limitations Oblivion implemented, and a reinstatement of the liberties of Morrowind.

Spears, levitation, et al.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiggerBomb
BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Morrowind has more factions to allign yourself with and offers more styles of play. I did enjoy Oblivion more, don't get me wrong. I am just pointing out that in terms of role play capability, Morrowind went an extra mile.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
BiggerBomb said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Morrowind has more factions to allign yourself with and offers more styles of play. I did enjoy Oblivion more, don't get me wrong. I am just pointing out that in terms of role play capability, Morrowind went an extra mile."
Oh, I thought you meant "Open" in terms of world size and accesibility.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
He means a removal of the limitations Oblivion implemented, and a reinstatement of the liberties of Morrowind.

Spears, levitation, et al."
I have to say, I love Morrowind as much as the next guy, but Polearms aren't something I really miss...
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiggerBomb
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Spears, levitation, et al."
I have to say, I love Morrowind as much as the next guy, but Polearms aren't something I really miss..."

Agreed.

Levitation, on the other hand, I do miss.

Edit: Though if it were to be implimented again I would actually like to see a different animation other than walking with a purple glow under your feet. I would like to see a nice gliding animation.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vaxadrin

I liked having short blade/long blade skills.  For some reason it felt cooler giving my warriors claymore and my thieves daggers.  They also need to bring back the Unarmored skill.  There was no reason to get rid of that...unless it's implemented into Oblivion in some roundabout way I don't know about...

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I just hope they change/remove the Oblivion levelling system. The fact that they're choosing not to put such a thing in Fallout 3 gives me hope that they'll revert (for the better) to a Morrowind style system in the 5th installment. I really liked Oblivion, but it would've been better without it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BiggerBomb
Vaxadrin said:
"I liked having short blade/long blade skills.  For some reason it felt cooler giving my warriors claymore and my thieves daggers.  They also need to bring back the Unarmored skill.  There was no reason to get rid of that...unless it's implemented into Oblivion in some roundabout way I don't know about..."

Yeah, I also was a huge fan of Morrowind's vast list of different skills.

Axes and hammers are not the same thing, damnit!
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Unless you're on acid and trying to build a house.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't wait for a new Elder Scrolls, it's the only fantasy franchise in any sort of media worth giving a shit about. I just hope that in the new one, they at least fix the scaling so you actually feel like you're improving rather than all of a sudden, you get assaulted by an ogre rather than a mudcrab.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BiggerBomb
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Unless you're on acid and trying to build a house."

That's something I won't be doing again, oh the mess...
Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Scorched

I'm interested to see a new Elder Scrolls.  Definitely not going to be an MMO though. The quests and storyline would not be as deep if the world was put into an MMO universe.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Arkthemaniac
BiggerBomb said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"I liked having short blade/long blade skills.  For some reason it felt cooler giving my warriors claymore and my thieves daggers.  They also need to bring back the Unarmored skill.  There was no reason to get rid of that...unless it's implemented into Oblivion in some roundabout way I don't know about..."

Yeah, I also was a huge fan of Morrowind's vast list of different skills.

Axes and hammers are not the same thing, damnit!"
Oh yeah! WHERE THE HELL DID SPEARS GO!?!
I loved spears, but they just dropped off the friggin map!
lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lord_canti

in another game it would be amazeing if you could go into the provinces they have established so far   like Cyrodiil and Morrowind

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By calf_exercises

I hope that the game will ship for this genaration and I also hope that its not a mmorpg. But as some mensioned earlier that A co op based game (like left 4 dead) would be abserlootly awesome but you can play it by yourself as well.

I would be happy if they did something like made the main quest + guilds co op and all the side quest single or something like that.

well thats just my opion