BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By BiggerBomb
calf_exercises said:
"I hope that the game will ship for this genaration and I also hope that its not a mmorpg. But as some mensioned earlier that A co op based game (like left 4 dead) would be abserlootly awesome but you can play it by yourself as well.

I would be happy if they did something like made the main quest + guilds co op and all the side quest single or something like that.

well thats just my opion"

I disagree.
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jonnyp
the_chojin99 said:
"in another game it would be amazeing if you could go into the provinces they have established so far   like Cyrodiil and Morrowind
"
I am just waiting for the day when all the provinces are aggregately combine into one mega game.  I can't even fathom the time sink..
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Arena did that already. World Size isn't really an issue. Morrowind was technically smaller than Oblivion, but Oblivion made it clear that the larger they make the world the more generic they tend to make it (because of time/development cost constraints.... unless you're going to give it a randomly generated BS twist like Daggerfall, the biggest of them all, and that wouldn't work anymore - nor would I want it to.) A relatively tighter/more varied world is something that appeals to me more. 

I can't think of any area in Oblivion as it initially shipped that was more interesting to travel than the Shivering Isles. That expansion's smallish area of land was far more interesting than massive swathes of landscape in Oblivion, it was almost Morrowind like. Alien, unnatural, interesting. It's all about landscape design combined with reasonable scope, not just scope alone.

They could not create a massive world in this development atmosphere that included every portion of the world and make all portions distinct and compelling.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By KillaMaStA

The dudes who made oblivion said that they would need to do something different with Elder scolls and hinted that a MMO would be a perfect fit.(That was a long time ago when i heard but whatever)
Im confident that elder scrolls V is going to be awesome, online or not.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Johnny5

Oh man I can't wait for a new elder scrolls. I played Oblivon a LOT. Sure it had it's problems but I still really enjoyed it, I think they could really use what they've learnt from Oblivion to make an even greater game.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pause422
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"

Arena did that already. World Size isn't really an issue. Morrowind was technically smaller than Oblivion, but Oblivion made it clear that the larger they make the world the more generic they tend to make it (because of time/development cost constraints.... unless you're going to give it a randomly generated BS twist like Daggerfall, the biggest of them all, and that wouldn't work anymore - nor would I want it to.) A relatively tighter/more varied world is something that appeals to me more. 

I can't think of any area in Oblivion as it initially shipped that was more interesting to travel than the Shivering Isles. That expansion's smallish area of land was far more interesting than massive swathes of landscape in Oblivion, it was almost Morrowind like. Alien, unnatural, interesting. It's all about landscape design combined with reasonable scope, not just scope alone.

They could not create a massive world in this development atmosphere that included every portion of the world and make all portions distinct and compelling.

"
If they even wanted to attempt such a thing for the next game,(as in this day and age, keeping visuals looking good and everything else) I would imagine it would have to be a PC exclusive, AND they would have to work on the thing for like...5+ years...it just seems way to out of reach to ever happen. Maybe in 15-20 years.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#57  Edited By citizenkane

I don't care what it focuses around.  It's going to be ownage.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By SSbabel

I would enjoy an MMO oblivion but i dont know how playable it would be on the 360, it seems to me that there would be a a fair few technical problems.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Pibo47
CitizenKane said:
"I don't care what it focuses around.  It's going to be ownage."
Word. dog. i am a gangsta.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By demonbear

Well Bethsoft never did multiplayer in their career or very few of it and they're proud of that. They try and make the Biggest single player RPG they can and you gotta admit, these games are fun.

I don't think they'll go mmo with it any time soon.

Im expecting ES5 to be on a new engine though or a heavily modified version of their current engine. They learned a lot from Oblivion and Fallout so im expecting tighter story, better gameplay and just an overall more complete and fleshed out experience.