Old Man Hands

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ever since I made it to the other side of thirty my wrists and hands are a constant source of pain. Between woodworking, typing at work constantly, and of course video games my wrists are always bugging me.

I recall Ben mentioning on a Bomb cast that he had similar issues and some stretches really helped. Anyone have some good stretches and or excersizes to keep the pain at bay?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is gonna sound really weird/snobby...but people tend to tense up way too much when performing basic actions. Especially video games. It may not be a bad idea to keen an open mind about that and evaluate your grip when holding a controller. The go to method I took away from drum lessons is that that your grip should be loose enough that anyone can walk up and take the stick away from you with 0 effort.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@xanadu: This. Don’t stress your wrists. They’re weak.

I’ve messed mine up doing some weight lifting improperly and in a car crash.

Calm, cool, grip, easy on the wrists.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By haneybd87

This is what my physical therapist gave me to help my wrists. http://imgur.com/OlJmMJa It’s generally helped but I found that avoiding playing Switch handheld was the biggest help in avoiding wrist problems. That thing is the worst.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Don't forget to take breaks when gaming. Good luck with your wrists!

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I struggle with wrist and hand pain to the point where I can no longer play games with a mouse and keyboard. A couple of years ago I couldn't use a controller either. I found that this guy on YouTube has some great exercises and it really helped me.

Loading Video...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If you have insurance, go see your doctor to get a referral to a sports physiologist. You might get some PT and good instructions for stretching and exercises for your hands. If you hand are bugging you, I would see a physician, so you do the right thing immediately.