PSP!!

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TheLark

Just got myself a psp at a bargain price was wondering if the GB community could reccommend me any good games for the system, got mgs peacewalker, into basically anything! Cheers :D
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon
Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Solh0und

Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2, Valkryia Chronicles 2, The Prinny games, Disgaea 1 and 2, and the recent Ace Combat game

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

If you like Puzzle games and music games, you should get Lumines I or II.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Metal Gear Acid 1 + 2
Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Atta

get a custom firmware and play GBA/PS1 games(best games i played on my psp since i got it) 

real psp games you may want: half-minute hero, dissidia, crisis core 
the mgs games are good too, i hear

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By normalpants

If you're into turn-based strategy RPGs, the best one ever made is Jeanne D'Arc and it's available for download on the PSP store 

Pixeljunk Monsters is the one game I constantly go back to and it's super cheap 

GTA Chinatown Wars is amazing but it makes a bad first impression so stick with it and you'll see what makes it so amazing 

You'll want to have the PSP Sega Genesis Collection on your PSP hard drive at all times, trust me on this one :)

I've had Final Fantasy Dissidia for months now and I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do-- it is insanely complicated but it seems like the type of game that is loads of fun if you take the time to learn it 

If you're into 3d platformers, Daxter is probably the best one available for PSP 

Cladun: This is an RPG! is one of my alltime favorite PSP games, it's hard to sum it up briefly, but i'll try-- a retro styled real-time rogue-like dungeon crawler with insane amounts of customization and charm *phew*
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Aus_azn

DJMAX Portable 3 and Persona 3 Portable. Two of the finest handheld games I've ever played.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Phantasy Star Portable 2 
Ys series (especially Ys Seven)
Sega Genesis/Megadrive Collection (gotta have some classics)
God of War series
Gran Turismo (no career mode but still 800 cars and 30+ tracks)
LPB
Age of Zombies (mini)

Lots of good games to pick up cheap these days. All the Greatest Hits are $20 or less.

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By normalpants
@Fajita_Jim said:
"Phantasy Star Portable 2  Ys series (especially Ys Seven) Sega Genesis/Megadrive Collection (gotta have some classics) God of War series Gran Turismo (no career mode but still 800 cars and 30+ tracks) LPB Age of Zombies (mini)  Lots of good games to pick up cheap these days. All the Greatest Hits are $20 or less. "

wow can't believe I forgot to mention Gran Turismo and Age of Zombies. Two ESSENTIALS.
HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HereAllDay
@normalpants said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
"Phantasy Star Portable 2  Ys series (especially Ys Seven) Sega Genesis/Megadrive Collection (gotta have some classics) God of War series Gran Turismo (no career mode but still 800 cars and 30+ tracks) LPB Age of Zombies (mini)  Lots of good games to pick up cheap these days. All the Greatest Hits are $20 or less. "
wow can't believe I forgot to mention Gran Turismo and Age of Zombies. Two ESSENTIALS. "

Really? GT on the PSP was good? Everyone was just so negative on it...
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uniform

I'm fond of the two grid Disgaea games. Give them a shot. I mostly play original Playstation games on the thing.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryoma122
@TheLark:  
 monster hunter  freedom 2
valkyria chronicles 2
persona 1&3
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ch13696

-Kingdom Hearts 
-ZHP 
-Monster Hunter Series 
-Lumines (the first one for GB's sake) 
-Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII 
-Dissidia Final Fantasy 
-God of War 
-Killzone Liberation 
-Knights in the Knightmare 
-Phantasy Star Portable 
-Patapon 
-Persona 3 Portable 
-Y's Series 

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crisis core was a really good game if your into that kind of stuff.  the god of war games were pretty good and i actually found gran turismo to be really fun but its probably just me....

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@sharma55 said:
" @normalpants said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
wow can't believe I forgot to mention Gran Turismo and Age of Zombies. Two ESSENTIALS. "
 Really? GT on the PSP was good? Everyone was just so negative on it... "
The gameplay is there, there just isn't a career mode there. Basically it's all racing and car collecting and that's it. For a portable game though that's just fine by me, I don't see why people were so hard on it.
BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By BombKareshi

LocoRoco and its sequel.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aus_azn
@Fajita_Jim said:
" @sharma55 said:
" @normalpants said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
The gameplay is there, there just isn't a career mode there. Basically it's all racing and car collecting and that's it. For a portable game though that's just fine by me, I don't see why people were so hard on it. "
I think it was largely criticised for looking bad (at a time when Polyphony was known for producing visually exquisite games), a complete lack of depth (it was like a mobile phone game with superior graphics; the absence of vehicle tuning was a huge deal) and for pissing you off due to the random dealership rotation.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fajita_Jim

I don't think it looks all that bad, for a portable. The biggest complaint I can hold against it graphically are those white lines that show up in the track and backgrounds, but I don't notice it anymore unless I start looking for it.

Seems people wanted a full console-sized GT here and that's obviously not what PD was aiming for. For racing on the go, GT is pretty good.

ashyzup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ashyzup

- Patapon  1 and 2
- Crisis Core
- Tekken 5 (pretty good fighting game)
- God of War games
- NBA 2k11 (if you're into basketball)

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By normalpants
@sharma55 said:
" @normalpants said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:

The driving model is just as good as GT5 in my opinion, and I think people were negative on it because it's not the type of game you play for hours at a time.  It is perfectly designed for shorter pick up and play sessions (an essential element of portable gaming imo, and why I don't like MGS or God of War portable games) while still giving you a carrot to chase in the long term.