Saints Row 2 and Bourne Conspiracy worth 10bucks each?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

Well, technically it's 10euros each, but let's not get into that. I saw both in the bargain bin the other day, new and sealed for PS3 for 10 each. As far as i know, the only real problem with Bourne is that it's short. Saint's Row 2 I'm a bit more skeptical because i'm not a big fan of "fucking around" open world games, I prefer a more focused story, which Saint's Row2 lacks I hear? Still, it seems like a damn good price for each. 

Also, if anyone played Saints 2, can you tell me how long it is if you just do the story missions, more or less? I know bourne is around 5 or 6 hours.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Rhaknar said:

Also, if anyone played Saints 2, can you tell me how long it is if you just do the story missions, more or less?

Unfortunately, as someone who spent a lot of time wandering around doing random crap I can't tell you how long it is if you just run through the story missions.

However, as someone who spent a lot of time wandering around doing random crap I can tell you it is certainly worth 10 euros.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rhaknar
@ProfessorEss said:
" @Rhaknar said:

Also, if anyone played Saints 2, can you tell me how long it is if you just do the story missions, more or less?

Unfortunately, as someone who spent a lot of time wandering around doing random crap I can't tell you how long it is if you just run through the story missions.  However, as someone who spent a lot of time wandering around doing random crap I can tell you it is certainly worth 10 euros. "
you know, i did end up doing a lot of random shit in RDR...hmmm
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By zidd
@Rhaknar: Co-op in Saints Row 2 is so fun. I played the whole game that way. And also running around doing random shit is fun as well.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kishan6

Yes

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jack268

Both those games are definately worth it. The story of SR2 is good/long enough even if you don't fuck around(Can't give an exact figure though) and the Bourne Conspiracy for 10 dollars is pretty much a perfect pricetag.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

2 peeps talking about what im NOT interested in saints 2 >_> Hence why I'm skeptical even at 10. I appreciate it tho.

Are these "random shit" at least missions you're doing, like side missions? Just running around crashing cars or killing people does nothing for me (probably why the Crackdown 2 videos are doing nothing for me too, I need some structure in my games)

Avatar image for lordruperteverton
LordRupertEverton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordRupertEverton

Saints row 2 is worth way more than $10 IMO
ive spent over 100 hours just doing random stuff

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Rhaknar said:

Are these "random shit" at least missions you're doing, like side missions?

Yeah. Assassinations, racing, drug trafficking, collecting cars, that type of stuff.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

cheers for the fast replies peeps, I might get my fat ass to the store and pick them up later. I mostly wanted thoughts on Saints since I'm pretty set on Bourne already

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CharlieTuna

Saints Row 2 is so god damn awesome, one of the best co-op games ever. I don't think I've had more laugh out loud moments in a game than that. I don't know if the single player is worth it though, but it's a no-brainer for the co-op.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Rave

Saints Row 2 is worth it for sure. The random stuff you do in SR actually levels your character up if you complete all the missions.  
Ex. If you do 50% of the pimp missions you might get a discount on some items related to that and when you complete 100% of them you get a Pimp Cane 
that is a shotgun pretty cool.  
 Everything you do in the game works this way at 50% you get a discount or something and at 100% complete you get a crazy ass item or ability the game is a ton of 
fun. The story is over the top and never takes itself seriously but it is very entertaining for $10 you really cant go wrong. Bourne on the other hand I havent played so cant  
help you there.
Navyseils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Navyseils

Saints Row 2 is well worth ten euros. However, it's worth noting that every so often, before you can advance further in the story missions it forces you to carry out side missions and such to boost your respect level. So, it's still missions, there is a clear aim in mind, but you might not like it much. It was one aspect of the game I didn't much care for. Some of them are great fun, I just don't like that it forces you to do them. 

Can't comment on Bourne though, sorry broseph.

wormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wormz

Saints Row 2 is worth more than 10. There's so much stuff to do and decent rewards for doing it, not just collect 50 this and 100 that for achievements.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fwylo

I'm not much of a fuck around in open world games type of person either so I wouldn't pick up Saint's Row 2. 

But Bourne was amazing.  Even though it is definitely a short game, that game is so fun and intense.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I bought the first Saints Row for $10 recently and really enjoyed it, and it sounds like the second one is also a great deal for that price.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKHavoc

You should definitely pick up Saints Row.  I can't tell you how long it is just doing story missions because I did most if not all of the side missions during my time with it.  Lots of things to do in that game.  I never felt like I had to find ways to make my own fun.  Totally worth the money I'd say.  

I've never played The Bourne Conspiracy though.

Brizik47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Brizik47

Can't go wrong with Saints Row. If you finish the story, the side missions should keep you interested if you want more action. Most of them are pretty fun. They are a bit like "Random Shit" but with an objective.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Damian

I paid $30 for SR2, and that was a steal.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrPockets000

Saints Row 2 is totally worth it, beyond the randomness the story is really entertaining, has a lot of great cutscenes and a fun story overall, the missions are varied and lots of fun, and they should take you a while to complete.   

EDIT: Bourne is fun, but it can get frustrating.  It's pretty badass and I would say probably worth the money.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rhaknar

Just got back from picking both up, cheers for all the replies. Was only going to get Bourne but all the Saints 2 love here made me get it too heh.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Rhaknar said:
...all the Saints 2 love here made me get it too heh. "
Let us know how it works out for ya.
It's kind of trite, but for me, that's kind of it's charm.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HitmanAgent47

SR2 is way more fun than gta4 imo. You don't have to redo the whole mission, only a part of it, you get to create your own character, it's not overly melodramatic like gta4 and you actually can do side missions that are good unlike gta4. It's the most fun and underated open world game. I wouldn't mind buying a copy if it's really cheap.

Bourne conspircy sort of sucks though, I played the demo.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rhaknar
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

SR2 is way more fun than gta4 imo. You don't have to redo the whole mission, only a part of it, you get to create your own character, it's not overly melodramatic like gta4 and you actually can do side missions that are good unlike gta4. It's the most fun and underated open world game. I wouldn't mind buying a copy if it's really cheap.

Bourne conspircy sort of sucks though, I played the demo.

"
having to replay entire missions if you died was the thing that killed GTA4 for me, glad Saints isnt like that
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Rhaknar: I honestly think you might be suprised at saints row 2 because it's fun as gta san andreas. I rented the game because they didn't have another game I was looking for and it turned out to be really fun. Since you bought it, you made the right decision. I'm sure you will agree later on that it's totally worth the cash you spent on the game. You will find whatever gta4 lacks, saint rows 2 has.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By penguindust

I don't know about Bourne, but you can easily get $10 worth of enjoyment from Saints Row 2.  $20 would still be a good price in fact.  I like a lot of folks spent most of my time fuckin' around (really, there is a prostitution mini-game), blowing shit up, and going clothes shopping.  Okay, the last one might be my personal hang up. Still, an excellent game that will keep you busy for hours and hours.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ProfessorEss
@PenguinDust said:

...you can easily get $10 worth of enjoyment from Saints Row 2.  $20 would still be a good price in fact.

I paid full price with no regrets.
DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Saint's Row 2 is one of the flat out funnest games I have ever played.  Well worth the price of admission at full price, and a deal at anything lower.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By triple07

Saints Row 2 is totally worth it. IIRC I spent 50 hours playing the game.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By clubsandwich

Saints Row 2 was worth it when it was $65, now for $10, is like being able to punch a baby in the face without getting in trouble, which would be awesome.

You know you'd love to do it. >______>

tehsxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tehsxe

I would say that Saints Row 2 is definitely worth the cost.  There should be more than enough stuff to do in it for your to receive the entertainment value you paid for it. 

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By xMP44x

I'd definitely justify spending that amount on Saints Row 2. It's a game everyone should try, because it's so random and zany - it feels like GTA: Vice City and San Andreas almost, as opposed to the realistic game. I've never played the Bourne Conspiracy, but from the demo I'd be mixed. If it's only ten bucks though, you don't really have anything to lose.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, probably. Saints Row 2 definitely. I got bored pretty quick with the Bourne Conspiracy, but it didn't seem like a bad game at all. I must have just had a better game to play the time that I rented it.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Saints Row 2 is worth much more than $10 (or whatever your equivalent currency is). I actually think it's better than Grand Theft Auto IV, but that's just me. Also, the story in Saints Row 2 has its legitimately good moments even with somewhat campy dialogue. If you liked GTA San Andreas, then you'll surely love Saints Row 2. Can't wait for the third one.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rhaknar

just a little update for all the peeps that recomended saints row 2.

So i just started playing it, put about 45 minutes into it. This is my experience with it.

I bust out of prison, by driving a stolen police car into the fucking harbor, which i guess was fine because I just swam out and got in the boat. Then i bought some stylin clothes, shot my way out of a courthouse with my hommie, went to a music store and bought some heavy metal tracks for my radio station, and then some chick wanted me to basically be in Cops (the tv show) where i mowed down people as i drove (the cameraman seemed to love that) while listening to Mastodon, beat the shit out of some people that were fucking and beat the shit out of a dude littering, and then as i finish the mission some naked chick comes into the shot, with blurred out private parts.

what the fuck is going on with this game lol :D

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dancinginfernal

SR2's customization let's you make exactly the kind of character you want. That's one of the only games where my character looked how I wanted him to. It was damn fun too, I'm close to completing all of the diversions. Co-op is a blast too. 

Bourne Conspiracy was fun for what it was, not much replay value though.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By ki11tank

saints row 2 is def worth ten bucks, the mayhem in that game can lasts hours without even playing any story missions.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By vidiot

I've always wanted to play Saints Row 2. That being said, $10 for Bourne Conspiracy is perfect. I don't know what's the state of the recent Bourne game being made by StarBreeze, (Last I heard it got the axe temporarily for another project.) but Conspiracy does a great job at capturing the action portions of the films.