Sega's Still Making At Least One Aliens Game

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
While the future of both Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines and Obisidian's as-yet untitled Aliens RPG has been in some doubt the last few months, Sega is definitely still moving ahead on at least one new Aliens game, called (stop me if you've heard this one before) Aliens vs. Predator. Here's a new teaser trailer that shows almost nothing.

The game is being made by Rogue Warrior developer Rebellion, "by the team responsible for the original 1999 PC classic." Here's some more details provided by Sega.

...the all-new Aliens vs. Predator allows players to take the role of three infamous species: Colonial Marines, Predators and Aliens. The game will feature a unique three-way online multiplayer experience, allowing gamers to battle for survival and the right to be crowned the deadliest species in the galaxy. Each race will also have its own distinct action-packed single-player campaign mode, with a storyline that cleverly interweaves with the other two species’ paths.

Set on planet BG-386; a human colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the galaxy, a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs. Deep inside the ruined pyramid meanwhile, nature’s deadliest species awakes from centuries of hibernation intent on finding new prey.

The Colonial Marine’s story is an incredible fight against all odds from horrors lurking in the dark. Surrounded on all sides yet armed to the teeth, the Colonial Marine represents humanity’s last stand with the firepower to fight back.

As the Alien, players will discover what it’s like to be the scariest, most murderous creature in the universe, with the ability to traverse any surface at lightning speed in order to get close enough to unleash its deadly claws, tail and teeth.

A master of the hunt, the Predator grants the player an arsenal of exotic weaponry with which to stalk from the shadows. Earn the greatest honor by ambushing prey up-close, before butchering them for a gory trophy kill.

I was way more interested in those other two Aliens games, but you know, these screenshots don't look half bad. We're seeing the game at E3, so keep an eye out for more.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Brad
While the future of both Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines and Obisidian's as-yet untitled Aliens RPG has been in some doubt the last few months, Sega is definitely still moving ahead on at least one new Aliens game, called (stop me if you've heard this one before) Aliens vs. Predator. Here's a new teaser trailer that shows almost nothing.

The game is being made by Rogue Warrior developer Rebellion, "by the team responsible for the original 1999 PC classic." Here's some more details provided by Sega.

...the all-new Aliens vs. Predator allows players to take the role of three infamous species: Colonial Marines, Predators and Aliens. The game will feature a unique three-way online multiplayer experience, allowing gamers to battle for survival and the right to be crowned the deadliest species in the galaxy. Each race will also have its own distinct action-packed single-player campaign mode, with a storyline that cleverly interweaves with the other two species’ paths.

Set on planet BG-386; a human colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the galaxy, a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs. Deep inside the ruined pyramid meanwhile, nature’s deadliest species awakes from centuries of hibernation intent on finding new prey.

The Colonial Marine’s story is an incredible fight against all odds from horrors lurking in the dark. Surrounded on all sides yet armed to the teeth, the Colonial Marine represents humanity’s last stand with the firepower to fight back.

As the Alien, players will discover what it’s like to be the scariest, most murderous creature in the universe, with the ability to traverse any surface at lightning speed in order to get close enough to unleash its deadly claws, tail and teeth.

A master of the hunt, the Predator grants the player an arsenal of exotic weaponry with which to stalk from the shadows. Earn the greatest honor by ambushing prey up-close, before butchering them for a gory trophy kill.

I was way more interested in those other two Aliens games, but you know, these screenshots don't look half bad. We're seeing the game at E3, so keep an eye out for more.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tiwi

well thats good news i guess... well better than more zombies
it could turn out ok

MartinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MartinG

I don't mind that :-)

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Why do I remember hearing something else on this about them saying it was super gory and that they were in no way toning it down to get a bigger audience on board?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather see the other 2 game as well, but this one looks pretty good I guess too.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By End_Boss

Dude, I might be able to get stoked for this game. I'd have to see more than that pathetic excuse for a teaser trailer, but those screenshots look purdy.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zityz

As long is it sets a good mood and has decent multiplayer. Im all for it.
My only worry is if there is multiplayer how balanced it could be, because out of all 3 humans are the weakest and it would be no fair at all to have predators spamming the invisable cloak and arm cannoning your ass all the time.

I'm looking forward to it, plus it can't be any worse then the past 2 AVP movies can it? eh? *sigh*

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By End_Boss

For anyone interested in more AVP footage, you can check out the OXM clip on XBOX Live.

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

I havnt bought the last few game released but this one look kinda ok.... Ill need to see gameplay before I buy though.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By JokerClown88

If it is even half as good as the previous two AVP games, then it will be amazing.  Lets just hope the MP is on par with AVP 2 (the game that is.

Beryoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Beryoa

I think anyone who is complaining about the amount of stuff shown in this teaser, or lack there of, obviously does not understand the concept of a teaser or is getting it confused with the idea of a full blown trailer.  It's not meant to show much, it's meant to tease. I personally think this is a good teaser, it made me want to see more. 

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By VWGTI

Thinking about those games does nothing for me. I seem to have the expectation that they'll be incredibly mediocre.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scroll
Beryoa said:
I think anyone who is complaining about the amount of stuff shown in this teaser, or lack there of, obviously ... [more]
We'll it's not too difficult to get me excited for a new AvP game. They could have had action figures and a fat man running around naked then slapped on AvP at the end and I would still be excited.
Pakorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pakorn1
JokerClown88 said:
If it is even half as good as the previous two AVP games, then it will be amazing. Lets just ... [more]
QFT. I was a HUGE fan of AvP2 and its expansion, and still pop it in once in a while just for some wall-crawling, face-hugging action. Nothing beats dropping into a group of clueless Marine players from a vent high above and clawing/tail-stabbing/leaping on one, and then escaping back into the vent only to come back later and pick off the next... and the next...
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_A_Drain

Not much of a teaser, just a couple of logos. But oh well.

Kinda sucky the RPG might be getting canned. Anyhow, I've met the Rebellion crowd a couple times now, they're pretty friendly and I wish them all the best.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killdave

I've seen better, more detailed Duke Nukem Forever trailers ^^

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By killdave

I've seen better, more detailed Duke Nukem Forever trailers ^^

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking

SOMEBODY JUST DROPPED A METRIC FUCKTON OF AWESOME RIGHT ON MY HEAD!  Okay, I've known about this game for a long time, but everytime I see it...well it just hasn't set in how cool it is that this is actually being made.  AVP2 is one of my favorite games of all time and probably is my favorite multiplayer game of all time.  Granted this is the studio who made the first game, I guess we can hope they pick up on the amazing stuff from the sequel...and from the description it sounds like they did!

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#20  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Great, now all they need to do is make me 20 years younger so I'd still care! :)

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By BigBoss1911

AVP 2 is still my personal favorite pc game.This look sick to.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Vod_Crack
Beechbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Beechbone

Rebellion's own 1999 AvP is one of my top favourite games of all time and even though they are pretty much making the same game for the third time it is a must play for me. If it's even remotely close to the quality of former game then it might be one of the most brilliant shooters of the year.

Edit: Ok, It's not coming out this year. Sega says early 2010. This is also probably the only Aliens game coming out at all. Obsidian is finishing Alpha Protocol and making Fallout 4 and Gearbox is clearly focusing on Borderlands and while Colonial Marines is not officially cancelled there's a good chance it eventually will be. Turns out AvP is our only hope.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By chronicsmoke

If its atleast have as good as the first 2 games Ill be very pleased

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks

Stoked, especially given what's up in the air right now. I'm not bothered with the Obsidian game though, I'm more concerned about Gearbox's game, it looked and sounded great.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JoelTGM

no point in watching that trailer

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really, really loved the original AvP game for the PC. It is up there with my favorite FPS's ever. So, naturally this looks great for me. I read the article in OXM about this and it is supposed to be extremely violent. Let's hope the violence is backed by good gameplay.

sanguis_Malus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sanguis_Malus

Hope its hardcore.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By oraknabo

I was hoping for the Gearbox Marines game.

They should do another RTS. The first was pretty good.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#30  Edited By MeatSim

Why do we need so many Aliens games?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Instead of paying for new content & games, we're getting rehash.  PASS!

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Captain_Fookup

One day Monolith will make a sequel to AvP2, buy hey it looks like like Rebellion is doing a pretty bang up job.

euge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By euge

Are we supposed to ignore the films which suggest that the predators have no intention of killing humans, unless they act hostile, merely to use some i.e. one or two, as sacrifices to breed the ultimate prey. After killing the aliens, they then feck off until the next time.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sarnecki

I would a Monolith sequel, but hey, this looks AMAZING so it will do.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
G0rd0nFr33m4n said:
I havnt bought the last few game released but this one look kinda ok.... Ill need to see gameplay before ... [more]
Your Avatar looks like mine, except I have more hair.

Euge said:
Are we supposed to ignore the films which suggest that the predators have no intention of killing humans, unless they ... [more]
Is that you & your Dad in your Avatar?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By jakob187

Just from the shots of the Predator claws, the Marine cocking his gun, and the Alien screeching, I'm fucking sold!!!

euge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By euge

@ lind taylor

Thats me and toadfish from neighbours, an Australian soap if you don't know what that is. For anyone who does, the guy is a leg-end.

Drakeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#38  Edited By Drakeon

Extremely impressed with those few screens, also was a big fan of the original (and second) AvP, so looking forward to hearing more on this.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Media_Master

looks good