So with the new hires, does that mean a new endurance run?

• 97 results
FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FrankNelson

Does that mean new endurance run? Damnit I want an endurance! Like an old school Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana or The Legend of Dragoon. The Legend of Dragoon would be so dope.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would not say no to an Olympics/Jurrasic Park-style playthrough of all the Street Fighters games starring Jason, Brad, and Jeff on the couch.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By DarthOrange

I want the return of the scrub league. Maybe for Super Smash Bros?

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So like Smash Bros, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Killer Instinct, Marvel vs Capcom etc. Like a GB EVO?

ejiehi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm wondering if Dan/ Jason will push for another world record attempt at GB. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDl5Jl7ajdY

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan and his dad RE4 endurance run.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

civilization v complete endurance run?????

?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

Any other day I would've already locked this up, but you know what, sure...bring on the Endurance Run talk!

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franknelson: Just ignore the sour puss.

Anyway more on topic:

I've never actually watched any of the endurance runs before. I wanted to try out the Persona 4 one, but it's extremely long and such a daunting task that I doubt I'll ever really get to it.

I do think a new endurance run would be good to break in the new crew members though and make it so the Giantbomb community will be more welcoming to them.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A new endurance run would be great, but like Jeff said once, it'd be great to get some content we didn't even know we wanted. Giant Bomb has changed a whole hell of a lot since the last ER, and some changes in content that reflect that would be welcome.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Competiting ERs with GBHQ and GBEAST!

Avatar image for deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b
deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want them to try kerbal space program. A series of them going into space. Its something different :)

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#15  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why you think new hires means they can do an endurance run now.

They didn't do it with Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Patrick, Vinny and Drew all in the same office, now they have even less people Jeff, Brad, Jason, Dan and Drew, there still aren't enough people to commit to doing an Endurance Run.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan and his dad endurance run Heavy Rain

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they could start doing the Quick Look Throwbacks again. Its basically the same thing as Replay. Then they could do a Super Quick Look Throwback. Also, yes to Dan and his dad doing an Endurance Run. I wonder what his dad would think of Mountain. (I actually think it is pretty cool.)

Avatar image for deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b
deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw:

Thanks! I was thinking something like going in orbit first, going to the mun first and plant the giant bomb flag :) must be great watching that.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ER is a rite of passage for all new employees.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I feel like I remember Jeff off-handedly mentioning recently (can't remember if it was the Jar Time or his Tumblr or somewhere else) that it doesn't sound like they want to do another Endurance Run.

I think he said something about challenging themselves to come up with other new original content.

Don't quote me on that though.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think an ER should be a required part of being a new hire.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Vinny playing Dark Souls or Brad Playing Devil May Cry or Demon's Souls or Vinny's ongoing cycle of killing and reviving Dracula all pretty much Endurance Runs? Except with the more relaxed setting of doing it when they have time or feel like it, rather than forcing themselves to put up an episode a day?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I would love to see a new endurance run with the new hires. What better way to get to know them than with a long term video series where we watch them play some video games!

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think we'd all just like more content with them focusing on a game instead of giving it 30mins on Friday.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By emfromthesea

I know TNT was Ryan's thing, but I would love to see the return of a mutliplayer live-show that features the community on some level. The new guys could certainly help with something like that.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a great way to get to know them more. A ton of people already mentioned this, but I can't tell their voices apart.

Same deal with Idle Thumbs, and I listened to their entire back catalog. I can't differentiate between Sean and Jake at all.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I dunno about Endurance Run. But I want more Bombastica. I want Bombcrews to talk to me about the different roster of KoF 94 - 99. I want to know more about shmups such as Shienryu, Raiden series. I want someone to do bombastica on Knights of the Round.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By forteexe21

Endurance run but a different person plays each hour and they can't watch others play them. The confusion of where to go will be great!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Meh, I kinda don't care about the type of games they do Endurance Runs for. I'm always interested to see a game being played that I love myself, but otherwise I'm a tough audience for that stuff. I would love a Fire Emblem Awakening run, Dark Souls run, XCOM run, Darksiders run and so on and so on. But I'm completely fine with it being a weekly feature or perhaps twice a week instead of traditional Endurance Run every single day.

I would definitely like to see more of it though. Let's Plays are a great form of entertainment for me. Couple it with some of the guys that I love and you got something awesome. Again though, I'm only interested in watching plays of stuff I love playing myself.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yes, please.

slindz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Planescape Torment series of videos (mostly because I can't be fucked finishing the game) or Patrick to dive into the world of Dwarf Fortress.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@slindz said:

I want a Planescape Torment series of videos (mostly because I can't be fucked finishing the game) or Patrick to dive into the world of Dwarf Fortress.

They actually already had a Dwarf Fortress feature with Dave Snyder

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MindBullet

Hasn't Jeff and co. said multiple times now that they don't want to do another ER and would rather think of new ideas for content? I would rather see what else they could do.

slindz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yep and it was awesome, but two videos is not even scratching the surface of DF and it's craziness.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko said:

Dan and his dad endurance run Heavy Rain

"Breaking Dad"

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I know TNT was Ryan's thing, but I would love to see the return of a mutliplayer live-show that features the community on some level. The new guys could certainly help with something like that.

Agreed, TNT stopping was a huge shame, it was great to see the guys interacting with the community directly.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't Jeff and co. said multiple times now that they don't want to do another ER and would rather think of new ideas for content? I would rather see what else they could do.

I think they've said they're never going to do another ER after every ER.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I rather have a new form of reviews in video form. I know they used to do it in video's, with one of them talking, but I would love to see them reviewing games like it's a quick look or Bombcast. So have 3 members reviewing 1 game at the same time and at the end they have to agree on a score.

For me the discussions on the Game Of The Year podcasts are very interesting, so it should be good to see them try to convince each other on giving the game a certain score (or maybe agreeing all together on something). Maybe even keep a realtime ranking of games so that after every review there's an update on GB's Game Of The Year (where 5 star reviewed games automatically are above lesser scores).
It will also sort of fix the problem that one reviewer is responsible for giving a game a score, while he might not have seen things in the right perspective or just had a certain mood at the reviewing time. It's GiantBomb's review of the game, so it would make sense that multiple editors gave a review, not just one.

It would make GB a bit more unique, I always feel the written reviews are a bit of a necessity and not adding much to GB.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...it's not just this thread... (BTW, I have only barely enough time to watch everything as it stands, I want your lives with acres of free time where I have no other obligations - course I'd probably actually PLAY games rather than watch other people [entertaining people granted] play thru a single game... more games, different games, more Encyclopedia Bombasticas for me...)... Ahem, excuse the aside...

So, anywho, it's not just this thread, but there a many, many people who seem to think that Dan should play lots of games with his Dad (which would be good as the previous stuff he did is entertaining)... but, in my mind there's just onetinylittle problem... I do not believe his Dad lives in San Fransisco... Are all of you going to chip in to uproot him and anyone else who needs/wants to come with him? Would he even want to move? Should Dan travel to his Dads' every week to record content? Will you pay for that?

Logistics is a harsh mistress.

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about he put his money where his mouth is and come up with that new content. GB has been QL central for a LONG while now.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@sunbrozak said:

Agreed, TNT stopping was a huge shame, it was great to see the guys interacting with the community directly.

Well... except for all the whining about "Ugh, it's just another FPS, they're so boringto watch... Ugh, it's another fighting game, I hate those.... Ugh..." Everyone seems to forget how much hate TNT got... I liked TNT, but that's because I didn't watch it, I just listened to the guys talk (sort of like a bonus podcast)...

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erhard said:

I think they've said they're never going to do another ER after every ER.

I was specifically thinking of a recent Jar Time (at least I think it was a Jar Time...) where Jeff basically says "yeah we could go the easy route and just keep doing Endurance Runs or whatever, but I'd rather us do new and exciting things so that we don't get burned out and become bored with our jobs".

How about he put his money where his mouth is and come up with that new content. GB has been QL central for a LONG while now.

Fair enough. I think they've been trying stuff out (Unfinished, Vinnyvania, Patrick's random videos), but they've also been busy with E3 prep and expansion plans so now that that stuff is starting to settle down I think they can begin actually putting whatever ideas they have into action.

Honestly, I'm firmly in the camp that believes people don't want another Endurance Run so much as they just want more varied content. I think especially now that they have some new blood and different teams with completely different chemistry there are a lot of possibilities that would be hampered greatly if they just went the "Let's just do another ER" route.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I would love to see these new hires mean new content--whether it's taking a longer look at a new game, or a deep dive into a particular genre, or whatever.

Actually come to think of it, it would be badass to have them pick a genre of game and run through a bunch of examples of it in a week--kind of like Encyclopedia Bombastica, but with an entire genre instead of just one game.

Failing that, hat week. Everyone wears hats.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

At this point I'd just like some new content using just Jason and Dan, maybe a Bombastica entry for both of them featuring their favorite games. That'd be a nice way for them to say "hello".

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does that mean new endurance run? Damnit I want an endurance! Like an old school Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana or The Legend of Dragoon. The Legend of Dragoon would be so dope.

I can not imagine a more controversial topic to ask about.

The usual answer has always been: You can't force an endurance run. And they shouldn't do it "just because someone wants it" either.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#47 sweep  Moderator

When will there be another Endurance Run?

When people stop asking for one. - Jeff Gerstmann

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sbaitso

no

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Let's do this shit. Maybe Divinity : Original sin?

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think of putting up Quick Looks and UPF as an endurance run.