Summer Lull. What games have you been playing and why?

• 59 results
reinha6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By reinha6

I have been so bored with the recent games up until Star Craft 2 that I went back and played through some games I missed along the way, like ODST. What games have others been playing and how are they? Any game I should pick up, play, and review? Let me know.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

FF XIII - Cool game bro.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I've been playing World of Warcraft again. It's cheap, and I'm working through just about every quest in the game before the expansion comes along and changes everything. I'll be playing Kane & Lynch next week, though.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fwylo

WoW  - Because I want to kill the Lich King.

Starcraft 2. - I don't even like Starcraft, but my friend told me to get it and I've been playing a bit of it.

Borderlands. - Some friends wanted to play through it co-op styles.

DJ Hero. - Because it is amazing and the music is awesome.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bobdaman18

Well steam's summer or perils gave me a ton of games to play through and i'm playing starcraft 2.  If i can find world of warcraft on sale i'm gonna get back into that as well.
tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By tomance

Well I was just played through Forgotten Sands.  I got the game for cheap and the S rank seemed achievable(I got it).  I need to play some more split/second and finish up Dead Space now though.   

People complain about the summer not having a ton of game releases but I don't mind it.  I get to go through my back catalogue and spend my money elsewhere. 

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Psych0Penguin

GTA IV -  to the Liberty City Minute achievement, and get to experience an awesome story again

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By papercut

Catchin up on some games I did not get to like Splinter Cell Conviction. Also doing a Insanity run of Mass Effect 2. 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Recently I've been playing Garry's Mod, Gears of War 2, Team Fortress 2 and World of Warcraft. All awesome games.

KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By KME93

i got bordelands for cheap so I have been playing that and to add on to it I bought the Knoxx dlc when it was on the deals of the week for 400 pts so yeah I think me and borderlands are gonna be good pals for a while

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I was playing assassin's creed 2, bought it on steam. Now I completely stopped playing any other game besides just cause 2. Honestly that game is so fun, I just don't give a shit about anything else. Inject just cause 2 right into my veins, hook me up to the just cause 2 matrix.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arbie

Viva Pinata! Damn you eating my wyrlms! =[

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vonocourt
Super Street Fighter IV
First time I've given a fighting game any significant play since I moved to a different state back in '03. Missed out on vanilla for some reason last year and there's something about the more casual nature of it that got me hooked again. 

Also been playing a few random PS2 games for a couple minutes.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Tordah

Starcraft 1 and League Of Legends, mostly. Been in a heavy RTS mood lately.

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By LincoIn

Halo 3 Multiplayer, I always seem to fall back on it during slow gaming times lol.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By babblinmule

I periodically rent modern warfare 2, so ive been playing that for about 30 minutes a day. And besides the obvious starcraft 2, i recently finally got around to playing Persona 3 FES. Damn is that a good game....

And to round it up, ive been dipping in and out of Okami on the PS2. Not sure i see what the fuss is about yet, but im hoping ill find the answer soonish!

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By nickux

In June i finally caught up with Borderlands and man that game sucked me in. I'm trying to hit up some of the games I missed during the lull. Right now I have Darksiders but I just can't seem to get into it. The combat is boring, it feels like- I don't know a real watered down mix of God of War with Zelda and it's just not very interesting. Maybe it'll grow on me. 

reinha6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By reinha6
@Erzs:  Awesome.
Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Super Street Fighter IV and Rock Band 2.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

Whatever games I can find. Most end up in my blog.

Cambody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Cambody

Starcraft 2!!!! oh yeah and HYDROOO THUUUUNDER!!!

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alphonzo

I went back and played through Resident Evil 4, just finished No More Heroes 2, and I'm looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpiralStairs

Deadly Premonition mostly. Trying to beat MW2 on veteran also.

reinha6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By reinha6
@SpiralStairs:  How is Deadly Premonition? Kinda want to play it.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By Sin4profit
Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arker101

Replayed some MegaMan Legends(who would have thought?) and switching between BC2, MW2, and Halo 3's multiplayer. 

Really want to try out some SC2 though.
Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Robiin

Assassin's Creed II, still haven't finished though.
LIMBO, best game I've played this summer.
Alan Wake, awesome but not very long.  
Red Dead, just played for like 7 hours though.
Skate (1), I just played through the campaignone last time to get the final achievement, it had been bugging me for long enough (never got it before because of glitch, and had to start all over).

And today, I booted up Pokémon Soulsilver, the first Pokémon game I've played for years! Plan to play it until Halo Reach drops, lets hope I enjoy it.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Cube

Persona 3 Portable. 53 hrs in. Because it's awesome.

offsprnvid24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By offsprnvid24

I have been playing infamous,Mario galaxy 2 , fear and fear 2 and persona 4

reinha6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By reinha6
@Robiin:  I recommend playing the Alan Wake DLC. It adds more to the game. You can check out my reviews for both the games on this site, if you want.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AltonBrown

Dark Void and Far Cry 2. Both severely underrated.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpiralStairs
@reinha6 said:
" @SpiralStairs:  How is Deadly Premonition? Kinda want to play it. "
If you don't mind some bad controls and a bunch of weird problems with the presentation, the it's an awesome game. It doesn't look like much, but I've been playing it for about 10 hours and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By turboman

madden

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OldGuy

Summer starts on June 21 soooooo...

X-Men Origins Wolverine (with more colons and dashes than you can shake a stick at and that I don't remember where they go in the title) - Stupid idiotic fun. But it wears out its welcome while grinding for those last upgrades (sure, I could not bother with that, but it's only time on that one to get to 1000, so...)

Red Dead Redemption - For someone who needs to tick off all the little boxes this kept me busy (and not bored) for quite some time. Great game. Thank you Rockstar for making the first half of the summer extra fun!

Dragon Age - Leliana's Song was pretty good. Gonna have to go back here this weekend.

Monkey Island 2 - Mmmmm love me some old school (I admit though I didn't remember this one as well as the first). Let's go ride the Madly Rotating Bucaneer!

Limbo - I liked it! Gotta go do my less than or equal to 5 death run though.

Dead Rising - I've had one Achievement on here for long enough (I twiddled with it and didn't want to invest the time in it at the time for some reason)... Whee! Zombie slaughter!

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By ReyGitano

I've finally gotten around to beating Spirit Tracks, Persona 4, and playing through the original Starcraft and Brood War. I also play Heroes of Newerth whenever my friend gets bored, otherwise I don't go in alone. I've been trying to play Darksiders, but that game has some issues about freezing, and it seems to be getting worse. Could just be my Xbox getting ready to die though.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By septim

Picked up a cheap Alpha Protocol. The writing is probably the best I've encountered in a game. A true shame that the gameplay can't live up to it.

I also started The Witcher. I've started it a couple times in the past, hopefully I'll stick with it this time.

... but yeah, this summer suuuuuuuuuuuuucks for games.

bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bigall94

Mass Effect 2 because I'm a bitch for being so LTTP (man...FUCK YMIR mechs and the quest where you have to kill them while protecting supply boxes). I just took a break from World of Warcraft because my time card is out and I'll probably go back for Cataclysm. Company of Heroes Online campaign because I won a beta code and I am new to RTS games. And I'm trying to finish maxing out all the classes in Bad Company 2 so I can put that game down already (all that's left is Recon which I SUCK at). And I keep meaning to play Chrono Trigger on DS, but I can't find it in any freaking stores.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS- Finishing The World Ends With You, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon Soul Silver, and possibly The Megaman Zero collection although probably not. 
PC- Im wasting alot of time on Team Fortress 2(Damit)
But i am working on Devil May Cry 4, Bioshock, Trine, Borderlands, Half Life 2 and afterward  its episodes, and Bionic Commando Rearmed. 

I am trying to finish Persona 4 but i got killed in the last boss and then i said you know what, NOPE. 
Persona 3, the fifth time i tried playing the game after months and also the fifth time a random enemy killed me and caused me to lose hours of progress. 
Rogue Galaxy, the game is just fun really. I am really into it even though the story isn't especially captivating. 
Its also about time to replay GTA Vice City and San Andreas as well. 
Killer 7 i found very very interesting to be honest, its fun and the story seems to be what keeps me playing.

There are a way to many other games i need to finish, so i should really stop playing Team Fortress 2 -_-

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Brunchies

Assassins Creed 2, what a fun game.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I have a list of games I'm trying to finish here, but I've mostly been playing General Knoxx and StarCraft the First.

@KME93:

Want to play some General Knoxx with me?
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By WickedCestus

Tales of Symphonia, Gears of War 2, Super Street Fighter 4, Bad Company 2, and I've ordered Persona 3 FES which will be cool. I tried playing God of War 2 today but I don't like it much.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

f3

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jack268

Borderlands was on Steam sales and I always wanted it. 

Super Street Fighter IV because it's awesome  

WoW occasionaly to prep for Cataclysm.

Cabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cabbage

Deadly Premonition: My personal goty so far. The story just gripped me so much I played it twice, then watched both ERs, and now I'm reading a novelized version online! Phew. 

No More Heroes 2: Just a bomb-ass game. Brawling drags on sometimes, but the kickass voice acting and music carried me through twice no problem.

Velvet Assassin: Giantbomb has a hate-on for it judging by the review. I think it's a cool game with some seriously f***ed AI.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Too much NBA 2K10, I can tell you that much. My brother likes to compete against me in that game pretty much every day, even though I beat him just about every time. Anyway, then I got wrapped up in the game's addictive My Player Mode, and now I'm really trying to pull the plug on the game since I'm falling so far behind with other games. However, before I quit, I'm trying to take care of the online achievements. Though I find it's kind of hard to win 20 games when people so often quit. From what I can tell, they have to quit late in the game for you to be rewarded the win.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pwnasaurus

worms Armageddon in order to get my worms skill up to par for the new game that is coming on the 26th

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jasta

Bayonetta at the moment. I also plan on finishing Infinite Undiscovery afterwards.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Steve_C

For the past week i've been burning through Starcraft and now Brood War. Should be done by tomorrow I think.

I've had it on my PC for a few months, but with Wings of Liberty coming out I wanted to educate myself mechanically and fiction-wise before I bought it. It's grown on me a lot since I frist picked it up, but the unit path finding can still be so frustrating. The thing now is that i've pretty much had my RTS fill and don't want to touch Starcraft 2 for some months.

KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KME93
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: yeah dude I was actually about to post a thread asking some people to help me out. I would like to beat the 1st playthrough though before we start and  also would like to see if we can get 2 more people to join us cause I have not had a full multiplayer experience and want to see what it is like. 
Heres My Gamertag: KEV halo 
Just message me and we will figure out when to play and all that noise
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By wrathofconn

I've mostly been playing MAG, Red Dead, and Trine. I'd be playing other / newer PS3 stuff and TF2 / HL2 / Portal, but my hard drive died and I am BROKE.