Super Smash Bros. Brawl question from a novice...

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Topcyclist

Do stats correctly save after years, and does it count if you win once in a match but lose the entire match on you stats on memory card. read the rest if you want context.

Dumb question. But I got tired of searching online and don't own the game. It is more of a personal question to end a debate amicably. A buddy of mine played back in the day. So years later, their old group looked up their stats off the old memory card they claimed to use. Buddy specifically only played one character and would always lose. One day they said they did win, only cause the other people (who usually like playing no items like try hards love XD) played with smash ball. The two people ignored the worst player as they stayed out of their way, and they fought on the top of the map. So basically, when their health was low enough, the bad player sneakily got the smash ball and used the special and knocked them both out of the map with one of the specials that's pretty automatic.

The question is, off the memory card, the other players swear that person never won. They claim they made up the whole thing, and since time travel doesn't work (ahem yet XD) it's word over word. BUT you have the stats on memory card...so after all those years from release they look at the memory card and take a picture and show the person had nothing to their name. So my question is…how does the stats in brawl work...could the person be telling the truth. Can you modify stats? This was a brawl game played on the Wii, though the other party claims it was off game cube as they would never do such a thing...lots of crazy retelling of the same situation, fair enough it was around 2008.

Can an expert at the game or someone familiar explain anything to do with the stats. Do some matches not get recorded on names (person in charge swears no one was allowed to ever play off anything but their name), do you think the person did take out the two players but not win the whole game, thus nothing got recorded, and they were just excited about winning once, and it recorded in memory as a match win (other parties involved claim the person never won in any manner ever). Sound off experts. PS: I think it was the brawl game, whatever one allowed you to use wii remotes to fight first.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

But why would they bother to do that?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

If the stats can be edited, I think you should get in there and give this poor soul their win.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Bother to do what? I guess the explanation was too long so I'm not gonna get any answers lol. No one reading all that. Still can't find out online, don't own brawl. Sad face.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda: So you think it's a situation where they really never won. Seems unlikely, the person remembers the situation vividly down to the location they played and year...the others just dont remember but just go off the idea that the person isn't as good thus couldnt have won. I wonder if some editing was done but i don't know how the memory works, does it go bad after a while etc. Did the person win in the match but not the match...like hit them out the field. does that count as a win? or do you win the match but still get second cause you didnt do other damage and just did a sorta hid till the end in fortnite and the other player disconnects kinda thing.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@topcyclist: I have no idea. Outside of hacking, someone could theoretically delete someone's profile and then create it again with 0 wins if they were that insecure about it.

Alternate theory: If this data really is on a memory card, your friends may be talking about two different games. Melee on Gamecube used memory cards. Brawl on Wii (the first game with Smash balls) did not.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda: That may answer it. It was the wii game, or the first one with sonic as a character. The person said they had to find the memory card...so they must have shown them memory from when they played the gamecube which they would have never won in. The smash ball was the only reason they said they won...hence it has to be the brawl game. The others were wrong...if this is so, they need to show data from the wii game.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda: scratch the memory card stuff, they could have used an actual sd memory card though I'd call it a sd card not memory card, but they might have not been explaining it right. The never ending debate continues.