The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

tlchwi02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This game came out on PC, it was fully integrated with the MS sidewinder force feedback joystick (i don't recall if it was V1 or V2) so it would have been '97-98. it may even have been bundled, because i can't imagine my parents buying it otherwise.

it was set in a post apocalyptic world where aliens had invaded and the remains of humanity had fractured. you play the last good guy commander and you have to conquer europe(?), first fighting the humans and then the aliens. i remember one of the humans had tanks that looked like ww1 british tanks but i want to say were some of the hardest human enemies.

gameplay wise it was an RTS/vehicle control hybrid. You'd pick a region to invade, then go to an RTS interface in which both sides had a home base. you'd then harvest resources, create units and send your vehicles around, but when they met the enemy you needed to jump into an individual unit and shoot stuff because your controlled unit became much stronger. the end goal was to destroy the enemy base, then rinse and repeat. i'd love to see if i can download it and find out if it was very hard, very broken or if i was just a garbage child who sucked at it

MrTricorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5102  Edited By MrTricorder

@tlchwi02: I think Urban Assault might be the game you're looking for, it's similar to what you described. It was also released as a bundle with the MS SideWinder Force Feedback joystick in the late 90's.

MrTricorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5103  Edited By MrTricorder

@dfin24 said:

Hey there!

Doubt anyone may know what I'm talking about, but I remember playing a game on my PC when I was younger (would barely call it a game haha) that was pretty much just you picking a fighter (I believe all of them were robots) and all that then happened was you would watch cutscenes of them fighting the other robots. There was multiple robot fighters, I believe one of them was also like a lizard-robot, too. Sorry if that isn't enough information but thought I'd give it a try. Thanks!

It's been a couple of months since you asked, but Roboforge (2001) is like this. You choose (or create) a fighting robot and then watch a simulation of your robot fighting another robot. Some of the robot component designs look alien (lizard-like). Hope that helps!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a longshot, but i have been searching for two particular games that was on the Amiga. I managed to track down one of them which was NY Warriors (New York Warriors).

But this second game has eluded me since the 90´s. I have almost nothing to go on outside it was an Amiga game that ran on the Amiga 500. Not sure if it had a C64 release. But the only details i remember from back then was:

Sci-fi setting

2D shooter, where you could move from left to right.

Levels had a grey metallic look to them, was inside of some sort of space station or craft.

You were controlling either a robot or a person in a suit, which might have had an orange color.

Enemies where robotic of nature if i recall, no aliens or humanoids i think.

And that's pretty much all i remember, sadly. Not a whole lot to go by. But would appreciate any suggestions so i could look them up.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@meierthered: The one that jumps out as a most likely candidate in my head is Turrican 1 or 2. But there were quite a few games on the Amiga that fit the 2D robot shooter vibe. Maybe have a look through some of the Psygnosis back catalogue as there a few games that match the description too - Killing Game Show for example.

Hope this helps a bit.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5107  Edited By MeierTheRed

@stantongrouse:

Thank you for the reply. It's not Turrican. no chance of me ever forgetting that title. But yeah i guess I'm at the point where i just need to browse through every single Amiga game on mobygames/lemonamiga and so on to look at screenshots.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meierthered: yeah, they can be tough to centre in on, especially if it's just a glimpse of a memory. I too have spent a long time trawling amiga wikis to try and match a brain picture to a game. Good luck!

crashman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a PC game, probably shareware, in the late 80s or early 90s I think. A primitive 3D game, it involved exploring some kind of haunted house. There were weird portals to different dimensions and all kinds of strange stuff. As a player, I’m not sure if there was much you could do other than walk around and eventually get killed by some trap or lurking horror. I keep thinking it was called Hell House 3 or Hell House 3D or something like that but I’ve googled both names and nothing similar to my memory seems to pop up. This game is inextricably linked to Corncob 3D in my mind because I think I was playing both at around the same time. Was this a real game or some kind of fever dream?

MrTricorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crashman06: I haven't had any luck finding your game given the details so far. If the game was around in the early-to-mid 90's, there can't be too many options. A few questions:

1. Was the game in first person perspective?
2. Did you have any sort of weapon to deal with enemies?
3. Was the house haunted with ghosts? can you remember anything about the enemies?
4. Do you remember anything about the UI or menus?
5. Can you describe the portals? Were the "different dimensions" different 3D environments?
6. Did the game have any FMV?

crashman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtricorder: Thanks for looking! As far as I remember:

1. It was first person. The graphics were very basic and sort of vector like.

2. I don’t remember any weapon or any inventory.

3. There may have been a big red face that was supposed to be Satan. I don’t remember much else about the enemies. I remember dying a lot, suddenly and inexplicably, maybe because of traps.

4. I don’t think there was any UI or menus at all. I’m not even sure if there was a save functionality. When you died I think you just hit a key and started all over.

5. Maybe portals isn’t the right word but there was not a lot of linearity in navigating the house. You’d walk through a doorway and suddenly find yourself in a totally different place that looked nothing like where you were before. Transitions like this may have been set off by walking through colored circles?

6. No FMV.

Sorry for the vague answers! I can’t remember if I downloaded this from some BBS or if a friend gave me a floppy. I got a lot of weird games off random floppies back then. I’m certain I played this before 1995.

MrTricorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@crashman06: How about the game 3-Demon (1983)? It's a wireframe Pac-Man clone where all the enemy ghosts are red.

crashman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtricorder: Wow! I don't think this was the game I was thinking of but now that you've mentioned it, I absolutely know I had this and played it. Pre-Soundblaster, my PC speakers would play "The Entertainer" at the title screen. My dad once brought home a bunch of floppies from his work that had a ton of old PC DOS games like this one on it. I remember another one where you were an ASCII starship and went around shooting torpedoes at space stations. Thanks for the reminder; what a blast from the past!

Kryshut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up forum!

I used to play this PC game 2004, 2005 maybe. It was an FPS shooter and we only played a demo-version of it, which consisted only of one capture-and-hold type of mission. The map was a desert with mountains all around it. The two teams which played against themselves, perhaps blue vs. red, started at their seperate base with few buggies type of vehicles which could take you to the center of the map in like a minute, where was these ruins in the desert and you were supposed to hold this place for around 5-10 minute, don't exactly remember. The time captured always switched between teams depending on who controlled this place. When you were killed, you spawned at the base again, so you had to get back with the team ASAP and overtake the other team that held this place and waited for you there. There was also this sniper place located in a shaft in one of the mountains that could shoot in the direction of that place you were suppose to capture.

I think it was rather a cheap game, but we couldn't buy it anyways...

Anyone? :)

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@kryshut: Was this a modern day shooter or sci-fi? I’m afraid desert maps with capture and hold objectives isn’t going to help much. There are literally hundreds of games that fit your description. Were there classes? Abilities? Anything that would make it stand out?

Abruce3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is from the early 2000s. It was on the computer on a website. I think it was for some food brand like life savers or fruit loops. It was a temple or a labrynth that you ran around trying to collect all 6 of something. They were all different colors. They might have been keys or fruit loops or gems. Once you got them you got out of the labrynth. It was dark in there. It was a first player game and the view was like you were inside the maze. There may have been a flashlight. There was a red guy and you were hiding from him if you ran into him you lost. PLEASE HELP!

Abruce3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is from the early 2000s. It was on the computer on a website. I think it was for some food brand like life savers or fruit loops. It was a temple or a labrynth that you ran around trying to collect all 6 of something. They were all different colors. They might have been keys or fruit loops or gems. Once you got them you got out of the labrynth. It was dark in there. It was a first player game and the view was like you were inside the maze. There may have been a flashlight. There was a red guy and you were hiding from him if you ran into him you lost. PLEASE HELP!

Kryshut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5118  Edited By Kryshut

@raven10: It was present-day, but it didn't have any specific aspects that would tie it to the then-current culture or wars. On spawn you could typically buy M4A1 and others. Can you think of few titles? I could check it out. If I remember correctly, the name of the game might have a subtitle something-something ?Assault?. Maybe? Definitely not sure about that :)

fflewddur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryshut: Here is a list of all first person shooters made for Windows computers in 2004. Hit the little "X" button next to 2004 to remove that parameter and then select a different year if it isn't among the titles listed. Note that there were well over 2000 results in total, and nearly 150 just in 2004. Without anything more to go by that is the best anyone can do for you as you seem to be describing a Counter-Strike/Battlefield 2 ripoff which would encompass probably 50% or more of the games listed.

raceline2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all! I'm looking for a game I played on the PC. It was around the early 2010s or late 2000s that I played it.

It's a 3D game where you play as this girl who wakes up in a house with no memory. There are no other people. You're trying to find keys in order to escape. There's 2 floors. It doesn't give you a look of what the girl's face is like and when you look in the bathroom mirror you still can't see her face. It's not black and white but everything is dark or muted. I thinks there's even another mode where you can play the game through a color blind filter or something similar.

Mikebill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there, hoping someone can help me figure out if im crazy or not. There was a game i heard about a good while back from a show in New Zealand (i think it may have been in Australia too but i honestly dont know) on the channel called Prime (if that helps any fellow kiwis narrow down what the show was to maybe help find the episode in question). Im pretty sure it was on PS2, maybe Xbox and was a Japanese survival horror game where you are a girl stuck in a house with a vampire chasing you. Not super original as an idea, but the kicker that made it stick in my brain all these years later was once you beat the game you unlocked a mode that let you reverse the roles and play as the vampire chasing down a, now, an controlled protagonist. I dont remember the general year range, but im pretty sure around that time the same show was talking about/showing off Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, so if my memory is correct its around that sort of time period. Ive never been able to remember the name of this game, and ive never seen people talk about it so i feel like im nuts and made it up. If anyone knows anything on this please let me know. I would love to track it down and give it a go (even if its a pile of hot trash. The "beat the game? Now play the evil force" gimmick will always get me). Thanks duders!

Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm wracking my brain looking for this game from my youth (90's-00's): a top down roguelike with an extensive editor for items/monsters/etc

Platform(s): Mac, OS 9 compatible (but maybe made for earlier OS?)

Genre: Top down turn-based Roguelike RPG

Estimated year of release: Probably 90's to early 00's, might have come on a MacAddict Magazine demo disc? Felt like it could be a small throwback project, very 1980's in design

Gameplay: At its core, it was an old school rogue-like (random map generation, permadeath, 8-way turn based movement, equip items, cast spells, fight monsters, etc). There was only one player character. There may have been ranged weapons and spells, but I don't remember how you used them. There was no story to be spoken of; the main goal as far as I played was explore, survive and acquire loot/power. Magical spells and portals could teleport you across the map, there were probably multiple levels. You'd receive gold from defeated enemies and I think you could spend it at the towns? You definitely could get robbed though.

I remember this because when you booted up the game you could opt to customize/add to the monsters/items/etc that you encounter in the game. With extensive dropdowns/menus/textboxes, you could set all their stats and attacks and special abilities (including stealing gold), as well as how those abilities are described in the plain english log (so the "Cheesehog" I invented would "steal your cheese" when it actually stole gold). You also set the sprite the monster/etc used and sounds they made.

This editor aspect was what really caught my fascination with the game, and I had nearly forgotten about this game itself and was misattributing the gameplay/customization to Yipe III until I looked into it and boy that is a different game. I've looked through all the 90's Mac software repositories I could find and haven't turned up anything, I feel like this might have been a very small production or passion/personal project.

Graphics/art style: Simple colorful non-animated sprites in a square grid view of the game world, where the player/items/monsters/towns/etc only take up one square each (but can overlap). Artistically, it felt somewhere between Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, Exile and Minotaur: Labyrinths of Crete, leaning toward cartoony. The whole game seemed to take place underground or in a dungeon.

The game view takes up the right (I think?) side of the screen and the rest of the UI is very much a standard Roguelike layout: hero name, health and mana numbers, statistics, equipment, and a log of the action in plain english ("you pick up the sword", "you attack y for 5 damage", etc).

The style and theme of the world was generally generic medieval mythical magical dungeonland, but individual sprites could break the theme for no discernable reason. For instance, there were different types of towns (medieval, western, eastern, etc?) incongruous with the setting that played a stereotypical song when you entered them. Monster sprites ranged from just faces to full bodies; a hobgoblin would just be a face, but a dragon would be fully rendered.

Different types of the same monster/item were indicated by different colorations of the same sprite. Many metal/magical things had this very simple gradient (see the shields/magic mirror in the minotaur vid link). The magical sounds were very similar to Heroes of Might and Magic.

XOIIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5126  Edited By XOIIO

Wow, amazing that this thread is 10 years old and active, awesome. Anyways, I recently again remembered a web game I've been trying to find for multiple years now, here's a copy paste of a discord message I wrote up. Really hoping someone somehow remembers this and we can actually find it.

Hi everyone, I figure this would be a good place to check, I'm looking for a game that I played years and years ago and have had

no luck finding since.

I don't know for sure if it was flash, it might have been java or shockwave, but I figure there might be someone here that recalls it.

Basically, it was a puzzle platformer game where you had to collect a handfull of different colored little orbs, they would follow your mouse cursor bouncing along. If you held down the mouse key, they would bounce higher to navigate around, and aside from that there were various general puzzle platform aspects.

Once you got to the end of a level they would all spin around and it would transition to the next.

I can still remember those aspects of the game so well, and the little sound effects they made and I've been trying to find it for multiple years on and off, but I just have had no luck :(

About to try and nod off, so if someone does know please tag me so I can try to find it, or pm me as well.

remescen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelatinousgelboy I have been looking for this game on and off for many years! This is my first lead that it even exists xD You have a much better memory for the details than me, but from my limited recollection it was on Windows in the 90's. All I remember was a grid-based map, RPG elements, dragons, gems?, spells, and turn-based exploration and combat.

MrTricorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

remescen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5129  Edited By remescen

@mrtricorder: I've been referred to Castle of the Winds. It doesn't seem familiar although I was young. What I remember seemed closer to Quest of Yipe III like @gelatinousgelboy suggests, but not quite.

MrTricorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mikebill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtricorder: Taking a very brief look at some stuff online its not exactly like I remember, but I was young at the time so I'm willing to bet I'm misremembering some aspects. Some of the environments certainly look similar and the vampire mode is almost exactly what I'm thinking of, just blown out to be hunting a whole bunch of people instead of a single person. Even if its not what I'm thinking of, you certainly gave me a new game to check out so cheers!

Kusariyarou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5132  Edited By Kusariyarou

I played this game in the early 2000s on PC (game might be older). It's a point and click adventure or something like that. We are playing as a green character may be an alien. It was a fun game, had a sense of humor. I'm certainly remember that, in one of the quests we should wear women dress. I'm not remember why but I think we are trying to get somewhere but npc won't let us go so we are wearing women dress for that. Also I remember that, in the begining we were in a ship I think. We are working in kitchen or something like that. We are trying to steal something from the captain maybe don't remember well. Then we are trying to runaway from the ship. There was some puzzles. We collect some items like branch, rubber then we make slingshot then there was a someting like a boss fight. We were explosing the ship then run from the ship. That was the first episode I think. That's all I remembered.

I'm searching this game for a while. I've found "Feeble Files". It looks familiar (we are playing as green character and in one of the quests we are wearing women dress) and mouse cursor looks familiar to me (green alien hand) but other than these it's not looks familiar. We are not tryig to run away from the ship. I don't know maybe my brain mixed two different games . Does anyone know what this game is?

Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-601f34d10e346
deactivated-601f34d10e346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a retro game with a pixelated art styled set in space. I played this on PC running Ubuntu (not sure if that helps though) The story is about a crew that is stranded on a planet where they fix an alien ship enough to get into space. The ship is basically just the skeleton of the ship which you can fix along the way. The ship is green i think. You fly to different planets and systems getting resources with a shuttle. There is an enemy alien race called the Uru'qua or something. I also think that is the name of the game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5134  Edited By bigsocrates

@deactivated-601f34d10e346: This is almost certainly something in the Star Control series. Not 100% sure which game.

They're called the Ur-Quan and there are a couple of games that have them in the subtitle.

Kryshut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven10: Thank you so much! Thanks to your list, I found it. It was Mobile Forces from 2002 made by Rage Software. Let the nostalgia begin.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryshut: Glad to be of help. Mobygames is a great resource for this type of search.

djstevemoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I played this when I was younger but for the life of me can't remember, think 90's. It was a game where you were in a house and to move to different levels of the house you had to solve different math problems. One of the problems was some bubbling cauldrons I think. I can't for the life of me remember what I played it on though.

Avatar image for tlaizaakztriker
TLAizaakZtriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djstevemoller

I might be wrong but the only game I could think about is "Reader Rabbit 2nd Grade". Otherwise it could be a different game from the Reader Rabbit series. Bubbling cauldrons doesn't ring a specific bell in my head but it sounds like something that would be in a nostalgic math-game. Sorry for not exactly knowing the game you're searching but I gave it a guess.

Avatar image for tlaizaakztriker
TLAizaakZtriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna copy+paste somethign I wrote on a different (but oddly similar) site.

There's some game that I played like more than a decade ago or so. It was on PC and I don't know how it got there. Maybe downloaded from the internet somehwere. It's some kind of platformer game and I remember the first "zone" being like... Bright and happy forest-like and the only enemy you can jump on and kill that I remember is some kind of centipede. After I got through the first "zone", I for some reaso couldn't go any further. I was pretty young and stupid. But I remember that you can input a password and every "key" you put in is an icon of some character from the game and with a color as background. If you stay at the main menu too long, there will be "automatic demos" being played of levels and when the demo like began and/or ended, the password seemed to pop up. From what I remember, the first level or the second one (or both but why would you want a password for a first level?) in like the same zone that I could only play, the password to that did not include any "keys" with red-background-icons. That's like... all I know. There are a bunch of games that I have played and can't remember most of the details of. There's also some Arkanoid/Breakout game that I knew had a power-up with a "Z" on it which flips the screen for a moment and that the final level spells out "FIN". Maybe it wasn't a breakout/arkanoid game but that's what I remember. I have a feeling that these games are pretty unknown but I'll post this here anyway.

shady134213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Guys,

I've been looking for this game for quite some time and cannot find it. I even went through Wikipedia list of PC games and could not find it there. Details:

Platform: PC

Genre: 2.5D platformer

Setting: inside of Tomb levels

Probably came out in the early 2000s

You can play as one of 2 characters. A boy with a hammer or a girl. The setting of the game is inside of tombs. I think the premise is that these are 2 explorers exploring those tombs. This is a 2.5D platformer. Basically, you jump on blocks trying to make your way upwards. There is usually some kind of danger at the bottom in the form or rising water or a rising shredder that destroys the blocks. I don't remember how you win a level, but you have to keep making your way to the top. The boy has a hammer that can destroy blocks in his way, and you can jump to make your way up. If you keep moving either left or right, you end up wrapping around the structure you are climbing and camera rotates (hence 2.5D). The girl had a different ability, but I can't remember what it was. That's basically what the game involves. The boy had a hat on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DeepDive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5141  Edited By DeepDive

Ok so I remember playing this game on my sister’s computer, in a time window between 2007 and 2010. But unfortunately I can’t confirm the game was recent at the time. I remember the layout being built like a 2D platformer,

(where you have to make your way across to the right side of the map and there’s platforms to jump up and down from with enemies)

It was carnival themed, clowns and little cars as enemies, and a flying one I can’t quite remember.

I distinctly remember that you played as either the same kid or multiple kids, but could swap between the characters or just the outfits, and when you swapped you would have different attacks.

The kids you’d swap between all played different sports, and I always used the one that kicked a soccer ball.

I believe there was also a baseball player and a dart thrower but it’s a foggy memory.

I don’t remember how you swapped, either it was a power up in game or a button command on the keyboard.

I’ve been searching for this for ages but all the key words I can think of get me trapped on other titles google is obsessed with...

zaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a game which I have spent years looking for, it's similar to Astro tripper, you control a space craft and you are on some kind of space platform, you can see your ship in top down view, the platform is like an arena with different sections where you can gather weapon upgrades for your ship, there were also lots of AI ships which you needed to destroy, I also think I remember when you died you would be in a new ship, it was a really addictive game, thank you so much for taking time to help me find it.

abbygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this is going to be quite vague, but for the past 20+ years I’ve been trying to find a random game my brother had, he didn’t have the full version it was a free demo, not sure if it even got made in to a full game. I believe it was on PS1 and would’ve been some time between 1998 and 2001. Now we had a sega mega drive and N64 too so could well have been on either of those, but from memory it was on a disc of demos. The game was a side scroller/platform game, where you were a gremlin/monster type creature but a friendly furry type and you had various objects you could interact with such as fruit to pick up and a milk bottle to pick up, there were also other gremlin like creatures and baby ones in baskets. It was like a little community of furry gremlins, I was only about 5-7 at the time and can’t really remember the aim of the game. If anyone else remembers this I’d love to hear and maybe even find out what it was called! Thanks

zayyanhisya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this game when I'm 11 yo in 2008 but I don't know when this game came out. It's like Sokobon when you have to push the block. The thing that pushes the block is round and yellow, I think. There's scene when you need to push the block until it fall into the water, then you can cross it. The game is in 3D and the quality is quite OK. The scenery is in garden, green grass with some tree. I played this game on Windows PC. The genre is puzzle and intended for the casual gamer. I have been searching “push the block PC game” on Google but to no avail. I hope there’s someone that still remember this game. Thanks.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abbygn: The closest game I can think that matches that is Creatures - my sister played hours of is on the PC but there was a PS1 release of it too. Might be way off but I hope this helps.

abbygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stantongrouse: that’s the one! Haha seems like it was a game for the little sisters. Thank you so much! :)

abbygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stantongrouse: that’s the one! Haha seems like it was a game for the little sisters. Thank you so much! :)

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abbygn: No worries - glad you scratched the "what was that game" itch!

Avatar image for circuittheworld
CircuitTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to remember the name of a PC game - I remember running it on a Windows Vista and I believe it's over ten years ago that I played it.

The basic idea was that you used balls to break apart worlds, when the blocks of the world broke the audio would shatter like glass. It wasn't a very complex game and it had levels that looks like ducks and things - definitely aimed at a younger audience.

If anyone knows the name I'd be super grateful - been trying to remember this for years!