Because PC

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Beb

Waiting a couple months to see how things play out. I have plenty of gaming options already available to me in the meantime.

I'll probably end up getting both PS4 and XBone eventually.

Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Because PC

This, and because I'd rather toss the cash I could spend on a new console on new computer guts.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Apathy.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By KirkyX

I won't be able to afford one until Christmas.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all came down to a lack of games I want to play. Everything coming out this holiday I want to play (XCOM Enemy Within, Assassin's Creed 4, Super Mario World 3D) is available on something I already own. I canceled both preorders, bought a very new video card for my PC and couldn't be happier. I imagine I'll end up getting one or the other next holiday season.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Buying consoles at launch is a sucker's game. I'll get one once there are games that interest me.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No games I'm interested in yet. I doubt I'll be interested enough until late next year or 2015.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Lovemaking to a pc + tv + x360 controller

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Jeust

@armaan8014 said:

Lovemaking to a pc + tv + x360 controller

Nice setup!

I'm not buying into the necessity of a next generation console yet. I've got too little money, and too many games of the prior generations to really be interested in the shiny new ones. That plus the fact that most games appear to be multiplayer online, and I'm a single player kind of guy.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By RandomHero666

I'm not buying a next-gen console at launch because I can't afford it, and because the only 2 games I want to play are Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3, and because I have 100 games on steam I have yet to play.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By TheHT

I'm waiting for teh gaems.

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Multiple reasons I'm not getting either system.

• I'm 25. Spending $400-$500 on a console just seems irresponsible even if I have the money
  • I don't trust console launches to occur without system failures of some kind anymore
  • The only game I'm really interested in on either system at launch is Forza 5
  • Other than the One's integrated Kinect and TV guide features, they don't really offer anything new or exciting other than MOAR POWER
  • Still have a backlog from last gen and my 3DS and Vita
  • I have a PC to play most of the next-gen games I'll be interested in anyway (like Titanfall)
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy a console, but I have all the games I need to play right now, both on PC and PS3, and I have no money to spare for a 400 buck piece of equipment. I will enjoy watching shit develop from the sidelines, thought.

arg3n7um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

There is nothing out there that I want to play. I will make the transition, but why sink $400-$500 right now for nothing that I am excited about? I actually waited until Bioshock came out before I bought a 360, so I think I will wait for an exclusive big release before I take the plunge on a new system.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last console to keep me excited past the first week was the Dreamcast. It all went down hill from there. The PS2 could at least play PSX games, made them a little bit prettier, and loaded them a bit faster, so playing FF9 was a joy. The XBox had Halo.

The PS3, 360, Wii all had real short "Oh, that's nice" periods before they gathered dust. Being a dedicated PC gamer since the early 90's, only the Dreamcast ever gave me the "Wow!" factor of fancy new graphics. I'm a bit too critical to say, "It's a pretty good game for a launch title."

However, if Square came out and said, "We're releasing Final Fantasy 6, rebuilt from the ground up in 3d, with a cell shaded look that made the game look like a moving Amano water painting. You need 3 One's, 4 PS4's, two Wii U controllers, and 50' of Monster cable." I'd throw the companies all my money.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I recently bought a new gfx so I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. I'll eventually get one around spring of 2014 but I'm good on waiting. I'm psyched though to see what all the fuss about cause right at the moment I'm not seeing anything eye popping amazing.

Smuglittleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Smuglittleman

No gaems? Worried about hardware issues? Don't have the money?

Yes, yes and a resounding yes! Also, none of my friends will be getting it right away and I own a decent PC.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Games, there are none (as per usual). Also Dark Souls 2 is not coming out on them, if Dark Souls 2 was exclusively next gen I would buy a PS4 in a heartbeat. I'll do what I did last time, buy a PS4 when there are at least 10 objectively excellent games to play; last time that was awesome shit like AC2, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, and MGS4. Resistance was also on the list because that actually is a pretty great game, but one game does not a console make. There's some good cross-gen stuff like ACIV but I don't really care that much about graphics.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not buying a next-gen console at launch because I can't afford it, and because the only 2 games I want to play are Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3, and because I have 100 games on steam I have yet to play.

Yep. I'll probably get multiplatforms on PC if anything, but my car decided to have issues so that's going to take my money first.

Silly cars, why can't people just fly? We need to be able to fly. Wings, super powers, some form of jetpack or jetpack-like machinery, any would be fine.

Also I've gotten like 20-30 bloody games from humble bundles that I haven't really touched, not to mention steam sales.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By CoinMatze

I'm not sure I'll buy one in the next 4-5 years. I'll probably end up with a console later to play some good exlusives, given they are worth it this time around.

I need to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM. It's less than 400€ and I feel like it'll do me better in the long run. I made the mistake of going hard into consoles at the beginning of this generation and I catch myself rebuying a lot of games on steam, so I'll be able to play them in the future. I replay a lot of stuff. Also, going back to some of my favorites years later and being able to run them at extreme details and resolutions is super satisfying to me. Oh, and getting games for 30€ on day on.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to get one of the new consoles, but there are so many reasons not to get one within the first few months, besides a lack of games to play. There are so many rumors swirling around about hardware and software problems for both systems that I suspect at least some of them are at least partly true. If I wait, these problems will have probably revealed themselves and hopefully they will have been resolved. Also, I'm not yet fully convinced which system is actually better, even though the answer on paper is the Playstation 4. This is not meant to be a criticism of people who have decided to buy a PS4 at launch, but the people who think they already know enough to determine that it will certainly shake out as the better of the two systems well into the future are fooling themselves.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A few months back, I crunched the numbers and figured out for the same price as buying a PS4, I could get all the launch games I wanted (Watch Dogs, ACIV, Battlefield) for my mid-tier PC and run them acceptably, as well as buy a cheap guitar and still have about $130 left over for other things. So I cancelled my preorder and bought a guitar. Considering the significant amount of time I've spent fucking around with my guitar in the last month versus the small amount of time I've spent playing/caring about games, it was best decision I made all year.

As for the future, if Destiny turns out to be mindblowing, I'll probably cave and get a PS4 in the spring. If Destiny turns out to be disappointing, I'll wait until Rockstar announces something; by then, hopefully, there will have been some price drops/bundle deals worth getting in on.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not. Wish I could pick up a PS4, but I just don't have the money right now.

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TiE23

Because I can wait. I'm up to my eyeballs in video games, and considering I'm the type of person who already throws aside TV and movies in claims that I don't have enough time because all of my freetime is spent watching either Giantbomb Quicklooks, Youtube videos, playing games on my PC (modern gaming), Mac (Haswell), 360 PS3, Vita, 3DS or Android phone.

Since getting a full time job I've had the money to buy both without feeling too burned in my wallet over it, but I realized that there were no games that I really cared about that I couldn't get on PC with my ridiculous Jeff-esqe 2560x1440 monitor.

Battlefield 4? On PC where it belongs.

Watch_Dogs? PC and I'll wait for the reviews.

AC Black Flag? PC if I decide that I want some more AC.

Titan Fall? PC, of course!

Destiny? Dunno, looks like Borderlands to me, and I didn't really care for Borderlands.

I will probably come around by summer 2014, though. Gonna want to play NHL 15 and whatever other interesting crap comes out for it... like Forza 5...

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Not sure what happened, but I just cannot get excited about consoles these days. And I have had a 360 since launch, and I got a PS3 earlier this year to play some of the exclusives I had missed out on. Hell, I even got a Wii at launch and had more than enough fun with that. But PC man, that is where it's at! Instead of buying the consoles I'll spend money on a new GPU. When I get money that is.
I also really want to get a 3DS XL to play the new Zelda. It's times like these I hate having to be responsible with my money.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This thread is depressing.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By noizy

Not into consoles

• games are too expensive
  • too few exclusive that are worth it.
  • sub fees for services

Loving my PC

• it's multipurpose
  • it's upgradable and powerful
  • it's open and flexible
  • can handle mouse and keyboard
  • PC game prices drop way faster
  • game modding
  • can still play old games on the same hardware
  • PC has a LOT of "exclusives" (i.e. games that never come out on consoles, but that no one bothers to call "exclusive" cause it's a console marketing thing. Think of all the indies, RTS, adventure games, strategy games, etc that never make it to consoles).
Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Coafi

I like waiting, it's what we poor cheap people do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a crazy/overly impatient person. Also, I have a pretty capable PC so spending $400-$500 on a box that doesn't have any interesting exclusives yet is mad pointless.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I have my PC and a handheld, which is the right combination for me.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#85 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I was originally going to get a PS4, then I lost my job and spending $400 on a new console didn't make sense. That, combined with the games I was interested in getting delayed, and the sizable backlog I have, made the decision to cancel my preorder easy.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By thatdutchguy

Fuck video games.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC with a 670...and I'll probably buy an 870 next year.

Just waiting for PS4 to get infamous second son and Demon's Souls 2

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By Andorski

PCs are awesome... yadda yadda yadda.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm only here because I don't have any money

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to buy a HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick) setup and a TrackIR for my PC instead. Feeling pretty alright about it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TruthTellah

This seems a bit like a "Why I'm single on Valentine's Day" thread.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Carlos1408

I'm saving up for a PC, also there a fair few games coming out on current gen. that will also hold me for a while. Might get a Wii U for the nintendo exclusives one day when more games that interest me are coming out.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Just waiting on Infamous, can't do that on a PC. Only boring Prototype.

Wired_Abyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not getting an Xbone or a PS4 because I already have a PC. And why do I need a Xbone or a PS4 when I also have a Wii U? *sobs in a corner*

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no reason to buy either console. I still have a shitload of games to play on my 360 anyway, so I don't really care about "next gen" games. They're the same fucking games, just with graphics.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@canteu said:

There is no reason to buy either console. I still have a shitload of games to play on my 360 anyway, so I don't really care about "next gen" games. They're the same fucking games, just with graphics.

Yep, all those Xbox 360 text adventures :P

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cancelled my PS4 preorder after Watch Dogs got delayed. As it stands, the only game I'm really interested in is Assassin's Creed 4, and I'm not buying a console and only one game. Plus, that shit is on current gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a backlog of games on steam, not a lot of cash nor a job to lend me that cash, and none of the exclusives interest me except Destiny and Killzone.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an enormous backlog of games I need to catch up on for PS3, PC, 3DS, and WiiU. Eventually I want to get a PS4, but unless something amazing comes out, I'll most likely wait for price drops and a hardware revision.