• 163 results
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Subjugation

I don't have the expendable income (student)

I do have a pretty good PC that does everything a console does and more.

I get sick deals on games thanks to digital distribution services.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By afabs515

Fuck those consoles! ...Until roughly 6 months from now.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No money

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm broke and there aren't any launch titles compelling enough to spend 400-500 dollars to play. I'll get an Xbox One when Titanfall comes out and a PS4 for inFamous.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By bybeach

I have 2 problems;

One is the usual 'I do not need one yet/launch games seem mediocre/don't trust launch consoles.

But the real and second problem is that I do not know what to do with my PS3 and X-box 360 and all their games. They have allocated positions on special shelving (3 tier glass shelves bought at Amazon) in the living room, and the new consoles would replace them. That is just not coming together in my head yet. I have thought of moving them to my computer desk. Unfortunately my monitor is a 4:3, so the problems begin with that I believe.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ever since like July I had $250 down on a Ps4 at Walmart. Then Watch Dogs got delayed, Knack had some previews that made it sound really uninspired, and just when I'm about to buy the graphics card for the PC I've been building they announce that it's going to come with a free copy of AC4. That left me with basically nothing I wanted to play at launch, so I decided to cancel my preorder and use the money to get my PC built a month sooner. I'm a little disappointed I won't be able to join in the hype, but at least the preview coverage will still be there. I'm just hoping the stock doesn't end up being too difficult once Infamous, The Witness, and Transistor roll around.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no interest in either of them. Even though I have enough money on hand to get both of them, they just don't interest me at all. They're laughably overpriced and underpowered. Besides, I just upgraded my PC a couple months ago, so I'll be playing all the games on PC, and most of the console exclusives are either terrible or they just don't interest me.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm going to wait for the Uncharted 4: The Return of Donut Drake PS4 bundle. Still unannounced, but I am betting that the PS4 will have an Uncharted bundle sometime. With bonus Unkarted.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting for tax returns. It's a good time. There will be more games out and reviews and it won't hurt money I can use for the holidays. Can't wait.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a gaming PC + no money

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#111  Edited By crithon

easy, Metal Gear Solid 5 isn't out.

I have a killer PC, I tend to play different games like Don't Starve and random Team Fortress 2 server mods. My 3DS is really awesome, I haven't even finished Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon yet, and I would like to get Fire Emblem Awakening by the end of this year.

If I bought a PS4 it might be the same excuse a grandma buys an ipad.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm really just waiting for inFamous: Second Son to come out. The only current gen game I'm even keeping my PS3 for is Dark Souls 2. Once that comes out, I'm getting on the PS4 bandwagon!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

Lovemaking to a pc + tv + x360 controller

Nice setup!

Just set it up recently for the first time ^^ My first controller too :D loving all the vibration feedback. Can't wait to play AC4: Black flag on it

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

Nice setup!

Just set it up recently for the first time ^^ My first controller too :D loving all the vibration feedback. Can't wait to play AC4: Black flag on it

I imagine... What is the size of the TV? ^^

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just spent $350 on a new video card. Of course I'm not getting a console. :D

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I'd be surprised if I ever end up getting either of them. I've got too large of a backlog with the 360 and PS3 right now and I want to build myself a serious gaming PC in the near future. I'd like to pick up a Wii U at some point for the awesome first-party stuff (Mario 3D World is looking reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good) but it would not surprise me if I just never get a PS4 or Xbox One.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Max_Cherry

The lack of any type of backwards compatibility on the PS4 was the deciding factor in me canceling my preorder. Otherwise, it would have been a no-brainer.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I don't have enough money for that yet.

But I have a big backlog from this gen still.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Skyrider

I can't justify the cost right now, especially when I have an alright PC that I can play games on. Maybe I'm just less inclined drop a whole bunch of money on game related stuff when I could be saving up for other rad things like motorcycles. Or not being in debt. That'd be pretty rad too.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

lack of games, lack of money, 100+ games in current backlog

and I just built gaming PC.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#121  Edited By toowalrus

I wanted an iPad Mini now, and I want a PS4 for a bunch of games that come out in spring (or later), so I decided to wait. Killzone will still be there in six months.

MJones916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesushammer: I'm a college student living alone in San Francisco. All you need to know.

I will buy THE FUCK out of at least one of these consoles next year, though. At least, that's my plan.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

InFamous isn't out yet.

Freezer_Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a lot of games on the PS3 that I haven't beaten yet, so it not time to pack it up yet. And they just announced when I'm getting my PS4, March 21st, when InFamous comes out.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not interested in any of the launch games. Right now all I want to do is upgrade my PC and buy a 3DS.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I keep going back and forth between getting a PS4 or upgrading to a GTX 780 now that they've dropped in price. And I think I might just do the latter. The PS4 can wait.

Oh, and I'll buy Super Mario 3D World, obviously.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it weird that I've never owned a game console?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying new consoles at lunch is a bad idea overall. Lack of games, potential hardware issues, and overall lack of value. At the end it came down to "Do I want a new console or a new graphics card" I went with the latter and I think I made the right choice. Maybe in two, three years time.

AMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that anybody who buys a console at launch has more money than sense. Reasons to wait:

-Console may be cheaper or come with better bundles

-More games

-More patches for games and OS (including new features)

-New version of console (e.g. PS3 slim)

The PS4 launch was mediocre with not a single game worth buying. If I bought it now it would just act as a very large paper weight.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I cancelled my PS4 preorder. I'm still going to get one, but I want to wait until there are actually games out that I'm interested in playing -- I wouldn't buy any of the launch titles for either system. The temptation of the zeitgeist wore off, and it would've been a stretch financially for me to buy one right now. May ask for one for my birthday or xmas next year if my financial situation doesn't improve -- otherwise I'll pick one up for myself when some games come out for that I actually want to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'll get watch dogs and potentially assassin's creed on the current gen because I don't have any income stream. When I finally finish college I will spend my entertainment budget on getting an iPad so I can read feedly in comfort away from the computer. Eventually when there are enough quality Ubisoft, 2K, and indie games on both consoles I will make my choice (I have learned which publishers' games I enjoy).

Avatar image for deactivated-60a530ec4d635
deactivated-60a530ec4d635

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always hold out on buying consoles until the holiday season after launch, so next year around November/ December in this specific case.

I also have a nice gaming rig that I built last year so for the third party's I'm good, and those are the ones I'm now most interested in anyway.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#133  Edited By Pepsiman

I wish I could be a part of the zeitgeist for once and hopefully we'll have another console cycle in the future so I might have the chance then, but I'm content with my current setup as it is now. I've got a lot of games from the past couple of years to catch up on and if the last generation is any indicator, some of the best games for the PS3 and 360 still might have yet to come out in these twilight years. It's honestly become my favorite period in console generations where some quiet juggernauts come out of the woodwork and show that old hardware still has the potential to pay host to some brilliant experiences. And I still actually regularly play my PS2 to catch up on lost classics and other overlooked gems, so I'm sure my existing hardware from this generation will have similarly long legs in the years to come.

Really, at this point, I've got so much on my plate anyway across consoles and PC that I don't think I'll be feeling the hurt from not having a PS4 or One for a while yet. I should be getting Yakuza 5 in the mail soon, for instance, which I'm hugely looking forward to finally playing since Sega has all but completely confirmed a localized edition is never coming overseas. I'm also considering preorder the Bakumatsu-era sequel Ishin, which, while also being multiplatform as a PS3 game and a PS4 launch game in Japan, is looking to be a really thematically neat send-off for that series on the current generation of consoles. Those two games alone will probably keep me thoroughly occupied and make me forget another generation has started and things probably only get murkier from there once I include my Steam backlog. The start of a generation is probably the best and last opportunity to really catch up on the "current" generation of games while they're still relevant and in the public consciousness and I fully intend to take advantage of that and then some.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

Nice setup!

That's the bad part T_T

Its just 28"

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not buying it for the same reason the rest of yall aren't: no money and no games.

But also because I don't deal well with change.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm gonna wait for the PS4 XL.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

Nice setup!

That's the bad part T_T

Its just 28"

Well, while it isn't a monstruosity, it has a good size to play. Have fun with your setup! :)

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

@jeust said:

@armaan8014 said:

Nice setup!

That's the bad part T_T

Its just 28"

Well, while it isn't a monstruosity, it has a good size to play. Have fun with your setup! :)

Yes, true. I'm having fun all the same. Thanks duder :)

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Lots of PC gamers in here. I agree you guys should wait.

If you're a console gamer however I think the graphics upgrade is pretty significant.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#140  Edited By lumley

I can afford either/both consoles on release but I'm waiting. Mainly because I don't know which console to get (a decision I'll probably make after the Xbox One launches).

I'm mostly a console gamer, I do have plenty of games on my Steam account on my laptop but they're just games like Audiosurf 2, Gunpoint, Hotline Miami, The Swapper etc. - So most 'indie' or budget games, the only games that my laptop is capable of running. While I'd love to get a gaming PC I'll probably wait a year or two until I've finished university and I'm settled in one location.

As eager as I am to jump into next-gen the games just aren't cutting it - at least with the PS4 (Only resogun looks interesting). For the next couple of months I'll just be an intrigued bystander, playing plenty of 3DS games.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be waiting at least 3 months.

falpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No MGS. Just bought a kick ass PC instead. Looking to buy a PS4 about March time.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

money, though if I were a bit more motivated by the games or the overall use of the consoles I wouldn't have to much trouble getting/saving the money quickly.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still own so many PS3 games I've yet to play! Must resist the excitement.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought for a while of getting a next gen system, but a sudden need for a replacement phone dinged all the coins I had saved up. Even if it wasn't for that, I don't know if I would get a new system anytime soon, as between impulsive ebay buys and Steam sales, I'm swimming in games I have been meaning to get around to. I'm just now digging into AC: Brotherhood!

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't ordered my 660Ti, may potentially need a new power source after that, and just bought a 3DS with SMTIV and Pkemns Chromosome.

infectedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just gonna wait until more games come out.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

This seems a bit like a "Why I'm single on Valentine's Day" thread.

Heh. Well, I'll have to remember to make one of those as it surely will be the case.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I'm working on saving up for a PC instead.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm saving up for a PC; that way when Sony and Microsoft inevitably decide to tank their gaming divisions I won't be left holding the bag.