Things you vehemently disagree with the Giant Bomb crew on?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By natetodamax

Anime is not for jerks.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#102  Edited By oldschool

I don't disagree with anything they say or do now, as I was so bored with what they did have to say, I stopped reading and listening ages ago.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Hitchenson
@natetodamax said:
" Anime is not for jerks. "
It kinda is.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By natetodamax
@Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
It kinda is. "
Elaborate.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Hitchenson
@natetodamax said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
It kinda is. "
Elaborate. "
Sure. Jerks like anime. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By natetodamax
@Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
It kinda is. "
Elaborate. "
Sure. Jerks like anime.  "
Explain that in detail.
wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#107  Edited By wwfundertaker

I disagree on what they say about the Final Fantasy franchise, It is there opinion so i do respect that.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By CaptainObvious

I disagree with their stance on RTSes. L2P noobz. No hard feelings.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Hitchenson
@natetodamax said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
It kinda is. "
Elaborate. "
Explain that in detail. "
Okay, fine sir. Jerks and weaboos both like anime. Although, those two things are both one and the same.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By natetodamax
@Hitchenson said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @natetodamax said:
It kinda is. "
Elaborate. "
Okay, fine sir. Jerks and weaboos both like anime. Although, those two things are both one and the same. "
I remain unsatisfied by your answer. I guess you can't explain it which means you are only saying it because Jeff Gerstmann said it.
NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#111  Edited By NickLott

They're not crazy about the Shenmue games. Some of my favorite of all time. 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Hitchenson
@natetodamax said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @natetodamax said:

It kinda is. "
Elaborate. "
Okay, fine sir. Jerks and weaboos both like anime. Although, those two things are both one and the same. "
I remain unsatisfied by your answer. I guess you can't explain it which means you are only saying it because Jeff Gerstmann said it. "
I don't like anime or the anime culture, or the JRPG culture, or just about any weaboo shit in general. So thus people who do are obviously jerks. I'm afraid I'm unable to explain my utter hatred of these things, it's just how it is.  

Oh, and trust me. I've hated all this shit since I was about eleven. (Excusing Pokemon Silver of course).
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Simple, their stand on RTS games and how they attempt to keep a fair distance to stuff PC related. Though admittedly, Gametrailers.com are worse console fanboys, even to the limit where it pisses me off - which is not the case with Giant Bomb. I like how it's completely fine to sit around for a few minutes to install a god-damned game to your 360/PS3 HDD, and sit through the download times for the updates that comes to your games for the consoles, restart, rince-repeat etc.

But as soon as you mention the word "Patch" people go apeshit because they immediately relate it to the PC, and everyone knows the PC is the only platform where you have to go through with the process of installing the games and patching them to be able to play, that's mainly what makes PC's inferior after all....

I even remember having a casual discussion with a fella in real life about exactly this, and when I mentioned "Patching" for consoles he practically screamed "IT'S CALLED UPDATES!", frothing from his mouth, his eyes bloodshot. Yes, quite traumatizing. This was the same fella who smugly pointed out that consoles didn't need to "Load" during games, untill the generations passed beyond the N64, where upon he grew extremely secluded and bitter.

Now, Giantbomb isn't that bad, but I'd hate to see them take a turn in this direction. Give the PC some love.

Daouzin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#114  Edited By Daouzin

I'm regularly impressed by the amount of things they say I 100% agree with. It's actually pretty hard to find people that dislike Star Wars to the degree that I do. Of the crew I'd say Ryan is the most amusing and the one I relate to most.

The only opinions I disagree with are the ones on anime and their disinterest with most JRPGs. Oh and Ryan's hate for Yoshi, c'mon, Yoshi is adorable! 

Their voice on the site overall matches closely to how my friends and I talk and discuss video games. 

They seem to take their roles seriously enough, but not so serious that they forget that this is a video game website about entertainment. They seem to have found a perfect niche in the gaming journalism space, a niche I didn't realize needed filling until they arrived. Now I'm glad they're here.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By Jimbo
  • That the PC is a bad way to play Borderlands (with no elaboration at all).
  • That polish often seems to be considered more important than innovation or depth.
  • That once a great game comes out in a genre, every game that follows should try to be like that one.  "It needs to be more like <Mass Effect 2>" etc.  No it doesn't, Mass Effect 2 already exists and I played it, now I want something different.  If there is a specific mechanic from that game that can be used to improve another then great, but -imo- nobody should be setting out to make 'Mass Effect 2 but with Spies', or 'Mass Effect 2 but with Chocobos'.
immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By immike

lol, I like the 'anime is for jerks' statement. I'm gonna put that as my motto on XBL or something.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By penguindust
  1. The Soldier is the only way to play Borderlands with 3 shot burst fire.
  2. Yoshi is evil, irritating and/or useless. 
  3. Energy drinks...mmm!
  4. A bunch of grizzly bears can beat a T-Rex
gexecuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#118  Edited By gexecuter

Dedicated servers.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#119  Edited By Soap

I disagree with there views on Final Fantasy, and actually got a little heated under the collar (only for a split second mind) when they said the story in Final Fantasy VII was awful, for it's time you didn't really see stories that complex or engaging in games
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#120  Edited By Atlas

Ryan.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By Jadeskye

HELICOPTERS ARE AWESOME!

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The uber-geek elitism of the internet that surrounds Avatar. Very well received critically and the highest grossing film of all time, yet there are still those who refuse to even see it based on some ill-formed notions of film-making. Jurassic Park has (to take a paradigm of blockbusters) is all action, no (or at least ridiculous) plot, but I'm betting those guys love it, just like many others. So, fellas, why the hate?

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BionicMonster

It seems like thier "opinions" are'nt as cut-and-dry as you guys make them out to be. Ryan does not have "zero love" for the Sonic franchise,he has said that he enjoys various Sonic games, I think he just doesn't like how Sega whores out the franchise to make mediocre titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@Lamashtu:  

1. Ryan's dislike for helicopters. Helicopters aren't that bad.  

i agree with their opinions of RTS games though. i like that they are like me :)
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125  Edited By Ghostiet
  • The Star Wars bit. God, let it go.
  • The Modern Warfare 2 dispute. They have shown a good deal of ignorance about how it works (Brad saying about the bigger costs of maintaining servers, when it's actually the opposite, for example), completely falling for the "it's just the less-relevant-than-5-years-ago PC crowd whining" train.
  • The overall treatment of Eastern/Central European games. We know, you have them in complete disregard, just let Dave do them and end the chatter.
  • LittleBigPlanet being a silly gimmick that is past it's prime since Day One. That one is really facepalming.
  • The overdissing of the Sonic series. Yeah, they are pure shit for sometime, but there were a lot of very good games, like the Sonic Advance series or Sonic Heroes.
  • Jeff's Bionic Commando and the first Bad Company reviews.
  • Fuck Bob Dylan.

That would be all for now, probably. Still, I love them, and the focus on individuality here is one of the things that make this site unique.

Also, they aren't even 1% as self-righteous as some sites are, like the Polish Valhalla. There, one guy said that The Witcher's soundtrack is mediocre, because it's not by Jeremy Soule. He wrote that dead serious and then defended his line in the comments for 3 pages.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By HaltIamReptar

I think that you guys are failing to understand that what the crew is doing with the Bombcast and overall editorial is similar to shock jocks of radio - they take their opinion, and then exaggerate it to an extreme for entertain values.  Getting upset over this at any time is ridiculous.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NoXious

Everything PC related! Most notably the RTS genre.
I'm glad we've got Mike and Dave backing GB on that though.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#128  Edited By oldschool
@Linkyshinks said:

" Just about everything. "

You need to be more like me then  :-) 
"I don't disagree with anything they say or do now, as I was so bored with what they did have to say, I stopped reading and listening ages ago."
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#129  Edited By ArbitraryWater
  • I dislike Jeff and Ryan's tendencies to dismiss almost everything immediately and out of hand. Sometimes it's amusing. Other times it's kind of depressing. 
  • I also dislike the entire staff's inability to play anything more complex than simple RPGs and puzzle games, and thus why they relegated the task of reviewing Dragon Age to Dave and turned Demon's Souls into an office in-joke. Hopefully Brad will be able to actually finish Final Fantasy XIII. Then again... maybe not. He couldn't finish Fire Emblem after all.
  • Star Wars. Really, most of Star Trek is kind of a bummer too guys. 
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#130  Edited By Jeust
@xobballox said:
" I agree with most things they say, except "Anime is for jerks".  I'm sure there's several things I disagree with but this is the only one that pops up in my mind. "
Couldn't be truer!
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#131  Edited By FreakAche

Their hate of Star Wars and their hate of Sonic 3 and Knuckles for reason other than that they redrew the character sprites.

Jankenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Jankenstein

Their love for fallout 3.

EldrinStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By EldrinStorm

I'm... utterly flabberghasted. There's an actual part of the internet where people talk about things. Like, talk. With words, not acronyms or neologisms. Without flaming each other. Disagreeing peaceably while discussing topics with a controlled demeanor.

I... I think there's a tear in my eye...
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By inkeiren
@GetEveryone said:

" The uber-geek elitism of the internet that surrounds Avatar. Very well received critically and the highest grossing film of all time, yet there are still those who refuse to even see it based on some ill-formed notions of film-making. Jurassic Park has (to take a paradigm of blockbusters) is all action, no (or at least ridiculous) plot, but I'm betting those guys love it, just like many others. So, fellas, why the hate? "

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By tebbit
@shadowblazer19 said:
" I disagreed with Brad on his thought of FF13 in the podcast but 1 he hasnt gotten through much of the game and 2 I fear some of my fanboyism shines around the Final Fantasy series but once again everyone has their own opinions :) "
This sums up exactly what I wanted to say. Thanks for saving me about 25 seconds :D
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#136  Edited By sjschmidt93

Ryan's opinion on Yoshi.  

Yoshi is fucking awesome.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Shadow

Nearly everything.  The Giant Bomb crew are idiots and I don't trust their opinions on anything.  However, they are awesome, hilarious idiots so while I don't agree with what they have to say, I will take every opportunity to listen to them say it.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Skytylz

Their opinion on Star Wars.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139  Edited By Evilsbane
@rjayb89 said:
" I dislike it when Vinny isn't on the podcast.  He always steps down for guests, which is pretty cool of him, but it should be Brad. "
See I disagree, I don't think any of them should ever be absent unless its unavoidable, I would rather have 4 + 1 than 4 - 1 + 1
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By JoelTGM
@Evilsbane said:
" @rjayb89 said:
" I dislike it when Vinny isn't on the podcast.  He always steps down for guests, which is pretty cool of him, but it should be Brad. "
See I disagree, I don't think any of them should ever be absent unless its unavoidable, I would rather have 4 + 1 than 4 - 1 + 1 "
They only have 4 mics.

I can't think of anything from the giant bomb staff that I disagree on. 
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#141  Edited By Binman88

I respect their opinions, and love watching all the videos they create and listening to all the bombcasts, but I disagree with them on most things. I think most of the crew, particularly Ryan and Jeff, have a completely different take on video games than I ever will. What I mean is, they don't give certain games the attention I believe they deserve, usually because there aren't enough sick ass guns, helicopters and explosions in them. Also, their PC discussion is pretty lame. In my opinion, Jeff should either learn more about the platform, or just shut up entirely when the subject arises.

However, I also believe that because this is their site they can and should do whatever the fuck they want, so none of this is relevant.

Johno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Johno10

I don't disagree on much, i love the guys but i have issues with Ryans review of the balad of gay tony. He said the game didn't do that much for him, but that is just his opinion. All the other reviews on metacritic seem to be positive. I loved it, realised gta hasn't aged that well but what you got for the money i thought was worth it.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#143  Edited By wefwefasdf
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @Evilsbane said:
" @rjayb89 said:
See I disagree, I don't think any of them should ever be absent unless its unavoidable, I would rather have 4 + 1 than 4 - 1 + 1 "
They only have 4 mics.  I can't think of anything from the giant bomb staff that I disagree on.  "
I don't think Vinny was around when Jeff, Brad, Ryan and Rich all knew each other. It at least makes sense for this podcast. Correct me if I'm wrong.
haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By haggis

I'm not sure I completely disagree with them on Star Wars. I loved it as a kid, but when I watch them now, I cringe. And I'm talking the original trilogy here, not the crap prequel trilogy. You can't deny the influence the original movies had, but they aren't aging as well as I would have thought as a kid. Still, there's the nostalgia factor.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By MikkaQ

Ryan's love of black velvet paintings.  

I just don't get it. 

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By bybeach

well...have a spare mike for guests?  or mabe the gear doesn`t work that way. Intimating some sort of pecking order as somone else did seems off to me, you are either on the show or off. I respect them all.  Proffessionals, and good ones.

That they should have fed the damn cat after accepting the task in Personae 4  though.

Damn!
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#147  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @Evilsbane said:
" @rjayb89 said:
They only have 4 mics.  I can't think of anything from the giant bomb staff that I disagree on.  "
I don't think Vinny was around when Jeff, Brad, Ryan and Rich all knew each other. It at least makes sense for this podcast. Correct me if I'm wrong. "
He began appearing on the Hotspot during Rich's final year at Gamespot. He knew Rich, just not as well as the others. So yeah, it does make sense that he was the one who stepped down.
Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Daryl

Different strokes for different folks.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By End_Boss

"People on roleplaying servers are scum." -Jeff Gerstmann

I think he's totally wrong on this. While I'm no roleplayer, if I ever have the opportunity to create a character on a roleplaying server, I'll do it. The crowd is much more mature and laid-back.

Then again, I guess I could just be scum, too.