hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By hicks91
@Atlas said:
  I was saddened to see Kelvin McKenzie's stance on the issue. He always seemed to be more level-headed than that. Shame. Fun fact: I went to the same school as him. "

No Caption Provided
The dude responsible for this, level headed?
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Branthog

As do books, music, art, politics, nationalism, patriotism, and religion. Welcome to life, mother fuckers.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By time allen
@xMP44x said:

(Stefan Pakeera was murdered by a friend who was obsessed with the PS2 game Manhunt, for example).

I agree with everything else you said in the original post, but it was eventually discovered that Warren Leblanc (the murderer) did not own Manhunt; Pakeera, however, did.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Azteck

God. The ignorance is giving me a headache. It drives me insane when people are too close minded to see reason and common sense just because they're not "with it". Don't kick things you do not understand/know about.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

If this is true then guns kill people and pencils misspell words.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Th3_James

LOL, Call Of Duty 2: Modern Warfare FAIL!!!!!!!!!!  

EDIT: These people are so god damned ignorant, I felt bad for that one man with logic. These other people infuriate me

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Azteck said:
" God. The ignorance is giving me a headache. It drives me insane when people are too close minded to see reason and common sense just because they're not "with it". Don't kick things you do not understand/know about. "
They used to be 'with it,' but then we changed what 'it' was. Now what they're 'with' isn't 'it,' and 'it' seems strange and confusing to them.
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By ez123
@SuperfluousMoniker:
No Caption Provided
Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rockdalf

"Do you have kids"
"I do not"

His opinion was written off right there.  Logical fallacy FTL.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shazam
@ez123 said:
" @SuperfluousMoniker:
No Caption Provided
"
This.
CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

Jesus I felt sorry for that guy. That woman was effing evil. She should fall down a hole.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By VIGGO123

I'm so sick of these kind of "news." It has never been proved that video games and poor/dangerous social behavior are related. I usually don't bother reading articles about this subjects, since they most of the time just boil down to ranting about GTA.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Jimbo

I'd punch that white bitch straight in the face.

Bongos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Bongos

She's just using video games as a scapegoat. Video games don't make people violent but some use it as a output for personal problems. All she's doing is treating the symptom and not the disease. Video games like movies are just echos of our culture.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Pkshields

Watch anything else on the show, its a load of BS. As others have said, they say exactly what their audience (Daily Mail readers) wants to hear.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By bravetoaster

Arguing with morons like that is a waste of time, their minds have been made and nothing we can say will change their views.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#68  Edited By the8bitNacho

Video games do promote a lot of bad things, but so do film, television, literature, and pretty much every other form of entertainment out there.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By raiz265

i know that crap from german television eveytime some lunatic gun-nut goes amok on his schoolmates with guns his father left lying around on the kitchentable... 

then afterwards some old ass tards meet and talk about how children cruely kill each other in "killergames like counterstrike, world of warcraft and the like" 

and then there's always that one guy desperately trying to defend it that just gets bombarded with arguments like "BUT KILLING IS BAD! ME NO LIKEY!"

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TwilitEnd656

That must be why I hang out with friends from all over the world, male and female. Damn you video games, what have you done to me?!

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By raiz265
@SpikeSpiegel said: 

@Bombs_Away said: 

" If it's not video games it's something else...As Chris Rock so eloquently put, "What the fuck was Hitler listening to?" "

Very good point. What WAS he listening to? :P "

Wilhelm Richard Wagner.
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By spaceturtle

It is such bullshit that games create hate. I have been playing games since I was a kid. And these game range from Super Mario, Donkey Kong and Tetris to GTA and games of that sort, and I cant say anything else than I think I -myself is only but a happy little fellow. Or as me mum would say, a sweet and precious angle... Kids who go crazy and start killing each other have already a serious problem in their head even before any of them ever tried a game. But when the time comes when some kids do go crazy, that might have been provoced by violence in games.

Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

i dont even know what to say... 

the part where he said u cant stop a child playing a video game but u can stop a child entering a cinema made me want to chuck, i wish i was in the audience so i could just say  

VIDEO GAMES ARE RATED THE EXACT SAME WAY AS MOVIE.   

any way i just played some call of duty 2 modern warfare i think i'm gonna go kill some black people and rape some women because thats all i know now....

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#74  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, I heard about this. I feel bad for Tim Inham, having to defend the video game industry against such ignorant views on such a public platform. It was disgusting how biased the guests, host and audience were. Especially since that program is probably part of ITV's Public Broadcasting Remit. It's not often I do this, but I'm going to make a complaint.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By matt

Clips like this and the “Sexbox” on fox infuriates me.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Well, if taking into account half the kids on Xbox Live... I'd say he's right.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By aaox

I hate these people. But as a forgiving video game player, I would only hit her 100 times, as opposed to the requisite 2 billion.

Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Valco
@evanbrau said:

"The Alan Titschmarch show is for people who read the Daily Mail and as such is for people who are completely irrelevant and will probably die soon."

Good show sir 

I also got a chuckle out of "If I need advice on my tulips, I'll phone Alan."  
As has been said this is a worthless argumnets, the correct response is: 
"Yes Gran, of course Gran, your absolutely right" and just tune the fuck out.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hicks91
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GunnBjorn

Depict: Yes. 
Promote: No
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By gamefreak9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH38gqvPUuA 
for some reason i cannot bring the video here, but if someone can do it, this is very relevant.  

Canadian_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Canadian_Snake

All but the video game EXPERT just seem like smug assholes who think they should be able to decide who gets to do what, they don't like violent video games so no one should play them.  What a bunch of arrogant cunts.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NoXious

"Conservatism promotes stupidity" - and it's always some member of the old generation proving it over and over again.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pinworm45

Well, I'm racist and sexist. So I guess that's 2/3.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#86  Edited By Driadon

Quick everyone, come back to the 1980's where video games where designed only for kids! Oh, right, 30 years have passed since... 
Plus this dude's first comment is "You can't stop kids from buying things and bringing them into the home", which is like saying "THERE'S NO POLICE TO RAISE MY KIDS FOR ME!"

wilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By wilsham

I have complained to ITV about this bullshit also. Gah TV makes me so angry! Plus its Titchmarsh.  I have always hated Titchmarsh since I was forced to watch Gardeners World as a child.
On a show like this what is the point of having this argument? In what way is it relevant to anything? This is a show that goes out to a large tea time audience of middle class middle aged folk with kids.This would have been a good opportunity to discuss what kids are playing, what games are safe, how we can protect our children from stuff they aren't meant to play etc  - but no, the responsible adults dont want to hear about prevention, the only cure is to BAN THIS FILTH and be done with it.  The guy from CVG was just pissing into the wind on this show.  

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By rateoforange

At least the woman on the show was against violence in all forms of entertainment. So she's an equal opportunity scold, and not just another anti-video-game talking head.

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Crocio

Man, the televised programming industry is terrified at the entertainment takeover of videogaming!

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cap123

sent an e-mail, got angrier as i was writing it lol so it was way longer than i expected it to be!

Charlie Brooker and Mark Kermode are the only people i can think of who actually have positive things to say about video games in the british media.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#91  Edited By apathylad
thePAHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thePAHC
@OllyOxenFree said:
" Hmm you came from /v/ maybe? lol  Anyways, a comment from the thread I agree on- "The same was done with rock the same is occurring with video games. As long as you live people will shun thing they don't understand and treat it as a blight on society until it becomes apart of the culture."  So in due time people will forget about criticizing video games and go to something else.  Also I cannot finish watching the video as it's too rage-inducing. "
That's the right attitude to have. I couldn't finish it. And I know that these people aren't going to get video games banned anytime soon. A couple powerful video game-haters out there won't shut down a multi-billion dollar industry, and eventually, they'll be accepted entirely. 
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ch13696

This goes straight back to when Geoff Keighly was on Fox News defending Mass Effect's "nudity scenes. 

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#94  Edited By Rayfield

Ironic that the woman in the middle said games promote hatred when this whole segment was designed to promote hatred for games.

@xMP44x
said:
"(Stefan Pakeera was murdered by a friend who was obsessed with the PS2 game Manhunt, for example).  "

Wrong dude. That ridiculous court case was wrapped up when it was found that: 

a) there was no connection between the killing and Manhunt. The police and the judge ruled it was because of drugs.  

b) the victim owned a copy of the game, not the killer.  

It was just another case of a stupid parent blaming the death of their child on an inatimate object, instead of y'know stuff like deep, inherent psychological problems on the killer's part. Or a drug-related robbery.  

As a result of the victim's mother misplaced blame, it was banned in New Zealand and Australia, TEN MONTHS after its release. It was recalled from shelves because of a media story that was false. 

On-topic: fuck Alan Titchmarsh and those other two ignorant fucks.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By hicks91

you can have sex in it???? 
i didnt have sex in ME and i played it for like 20 hours :(

Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#96  Edited By Clembo

Are you a /v/irgin or an eagle-eyed ITV viewer, OP?

Anyhoo this doth make me rage.  If only for the way the audience claps like seals whenever that fowl woman unleashes her food-hole and barfs out unstringed sentences like she's having a vision of the future where people have been absorbed into the Xbox Live Matrix and SKYNET MUST BE STOPPED NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#97  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Yo but you don't understand; there's going to be a tsunami of violence in the home in a minimum of fifteen years

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#98  Edited By Soap
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" Yo but you don't understand; there's going to be a tsunami of violence in the home in a minimum of fifteen years "
Well thanks to all the violent games I'm playing I'll be ready to hold my own when it goes down! lol
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@Soap said:
Well thanks to all the violent games I'm playing I'll be ready to hold my own when it goes down! lol "
Whatever man, all you need to do is play Manhunt and you'll be alright.
ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ThePencil

I like to think that it was all those katamari games that made me a violent, womanising  badass.