What exactly is a wired headset?

Avatar image for unbelievablepad
UnbelievablePad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does it just plug into the controller, or the console as well? How would you define it?

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh? Isn't it self explanatory? Any headset that has a wire. PC you plug it in either 3.5 port or USB. Consoles you plug it in the 3.5 controller port.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Headset [noun] a set of earphones where a microphone is attached; or can be attached by a dedicated port. Headsets maybe considered a subset of earphones/headphones. However, I would say they are a subset of the “handset”; i.e. early telephones and other communications s devices uses handsets and/or headsets.=

a. Wired headset = any headset for use on any device (POTs telephone, computer, tablet, smartphone, etc) that uses a wire to attach to the device.

b. Wireless headset any headset for use on any device (POTs telephone, computer, tablet, smartphone, etc) that uses a ‘wireless connection to attach to the device. This wireless connection can be ANY protocol (ex: Bluetooth, Wifi, radio frequency)

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It’s in some way wired to something else (controller, console, PC, receiver, breakout box, etc)...as opposed to being wireless.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cikame

The opposite of a wireless headset.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's the product of human ingenuity and our innate desire to interact with our fellow man by screaming about their mothers. Much like a telephone, it's a way to quickly transmit said insults over long distances. I believe it's named after its inventor, Derek Wired Headset. [citation needed]

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't feed your headset after midnight and you won't have to find out.