What I'm looking forward to playing

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 10

Edited By librariangmr

In an attempt to walk down the path towards normalcy, I thought I'd talk about what games I'm looking forward to playing for the rest of the year. Admittedly, it's difficult to talk about games right now but I know Ryan would probably want us to move on so that's what I'm going to try and do. In the words of Ryan, "Hey guys, video games!"

Saints Row IV

I got to preview the first hour of the game for a website I contribute to and was captivated by Volition's plan for the next game in the Saints Row series. Inspired by the virtual reality missions from Saints Row The Third and the planned Enter the Dominatrix DLC pack, the inclusion of super powers assures that this could very well be the craziest Saints Row adventure yet. What sold me on the game, however, was the option to play the game with Nolan North's voice. Win!

Grand Theft Auto V

I may love Saints Row, but my heart will always belong to Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series. Rockstar makes a habit of saying it but I truly believe that this will be their most ambitious game to date considering what they're doing with the three main characters. The ability to switch between them at any time and pick up the activities they were doing before stepping into their shoes sounds crazy and judging from the latest gameplay trailer, it stands a chance to be really, really cool.

2013 Los Santos looks phenomenal and I can't wait to go back and explore every nook and cranny the city has to offer. I know it's early to talk DLC plans and ideas, but wouldn't be amazing if Rockstar launched a San Fierro and Las Venturas content packs? If Los Santos can look this good, imagine San Fierro!

Rayman Legends

I had this game pre-ordered for the Wii U but I'm thinking of switching over to the PS3 version considering how little I play on Nintendo's console. Whatever I end up doing, I'm sure Rayman Legends will be an incredible joy to play.

PlayStation 4

After Sony's performance at E3, I clawed my way out of feeling ambivalent about next gen gaming and pre-ordered the PlayStation 4. The games I'm interested in playing on the new system include Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed IV. It'll be interesting to see how these games look and take advantage of the new hardware. When the Xbox 360 and PS3 launched, I remember there being some criticisms levied against titles that were originally designed for the previous system but where shifted to the new console at the last minute (I guess the best example here would be Gun for the Xbox 360). I'm fairly confident that these games will still be a blast to play through.

Dark Souls II

The game isn't due out until next year, but that won't stop me from talking about it/hyping it. I recently finished playing through Dark Souls and Demon's Souls and despite their incredible difficult, I can't stop thinking about how much FUN they were! Sure I died dozens of times and wanted to throw my controller out the window but in the end, the immense feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT over getting through such painful sections (Blighttown, Sen's Fortress, Tower of Latria, that goddamned archway in Anor Londo, etc) has yet to be matched by any other game. That said, Dark Souls II sounds like it is going to be a whole hell of a lot harder and that's okay. Dark Souls is backed by one of the best communities out there who are amazing at figuring stuff out.

I think that about covers it for now. I'm sure there are other games out there I'm interested in (Disney Infinity for one, since I just now remembered it) but I feel that this is a pretty decent list to start off with.

Happy gaming, duders.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Saints Row 4, definitely. Also Splinter Cell: Blacklist (I'll probably get that in September.) Those are my next two anticipated games.

Also, I got Bioshock Inifinte as a gift from my parents for my Birthday, which was two days ago.

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roger778: happy belated birthday :) I hope you enjoy BioShock. It's pretty awesome!

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah man, I saw that GTA5 video earlier today. It looks simply amazing. Just everything about it, even if i tried i probably couldnt think of something to honestly complain about. Looks like pure awesome.

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awww no love for Killer Is Dead?

still need to buy Muramasa on vita

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@on1inepersona: ooh I forgot about that one. Yes! Totally interested in any and all Suda51 joints :)

aguststef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By aguststef

Totally agree with you, Saints Row is fun but GTA is in another class. After the gameplay trailer yesterday my expectations for GTA V are sky high!

Also Rayman Legends is going to be awesome. Rayman Origins was amazing but I am hoping that Legends will be even better. I am in the same pickle as you regarding on which platform to play it, however I will probably stick to PS3. The D-pad on the Dualshock is the best one out there for 2D platformers in my opinion.

One game I am looking forward to is Puppeteer on the PS3, it really looks to be a very fun platformer. However it worries me that nobody seems to be talking about it!

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god. A a list made by a Giantbomb user that I actually agree with completely. Shit really is changing here

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Looking forward to:

• Toki Tori 2+ - I have no doubt that this will just get completely overshadowed by the Steam sale.
  • Outlast
  • Among the Sleep
  • Amnesia: A Machie for Pigs - This, Among the Sleep, and Outlast are looking to be some great survival horror games.
  • Mario and Luigi: Dream Team - Hopefully this is as good as Bowser's Inside Story.
  • The Witness - Can't wait. I absolutely loved Braid.
librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: I really do need to man up and play through Amnesia...!