What is your standpoint on evolution?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@DrPockets000: Yes they do, however that took them a million years. Also some fish grows legs after a million years. However it doesn't explain how we got such an extreme evolution in our brains.  

I never discounted evolution, I belive something disrupted the process and gave us that evolution.
Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Dedodido

Why are people still talking to this Hitman guy? :S
It's pretty clear he's a massive (and apparently pretty successful) troll.
Either that or he's the most misguided and naive person I've ever encountered, and is so brainwashed that he will never understand or accept anything anyone says to him that counters his point.

Either way, just flag the posts and move on duders.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By demonbear

My stance on evolution is this, I believe this is a documentary of how everything happened.

No Caption Provided
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @DrPockets000: Yes they do, however that took them a million years. Also some fish grows legs after a million years. However it doesn't explain how we got such an extreme evolution in our brains.   I never discounted evolution, I belive something disrupted the process and gave us that evolution. "
IT WAS THE OBELISK!

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Godot
@HitmanAgent47 said:

However it doesn't explain how we got such an extreme evolution in our brains.

What is this I don't even

EDIT: Aha, we got ourselves a conspiracy theorist. Cute.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@SeriouslyNow: Do you remember recently someone had a new theory of gravity? There was an article about it, there are new theories all the time. They aren't facts, rather they are theories. We know everything is pulled towards the center of the earth, however we have been hearing new theories. I can't find the orginal article

My point is these are only theories and they always upgrade to the best one they have at the time from a limited understanding. Yes I agree there is some sort of gravity, however it's theory is constantly being challenged, they really don't know for sure. We just accepted newton's explaination because it seems the best and no one has a better one. 

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/837805--new-theory-of-gravity-challenges-our-understanding-of-the-universe    
Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Leptok
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Leptok: You mean he was refused by the catholic church. I don't subscibe to their ideas, as i've said, they are a false religion. They have been killing christians for thousands of years, genocide. Then they thought of a perfect way to discredit christians by creating their own church. Even the pope today is a satanist illuminati. So what if they objected. So your saying all these ppl creating theories, are all accurate? So one guy was quite accurate, does that mean darwin is accurate? No, his theories weren't proven yet, it's still speculation. Didn't galileo founded the illuminati? Not the barvarian illuminati, the earlier one that isn't as evil. I'm just saying, he's not darwin, even stephen hawkings, who is today's theorist, I don't belive a word he said. He is speculating. Some gets it right, others are still unproven. Darwin's theories are rooted in his disbelif in god, him suffering loss, him reducing humans to killers with his other theories. It's just convenient for now, just like the theory of gravity because for atheist, they don't have a better theory yet to upgrade it. However it's just a theory.   I think the bible also has it's own theories too, it might not provide proof, it still provides more explainations, patterns, understanding and a bit of evidence. Not absolute proof either. Even if you don't belive in religion, their ideas shouldn't be rejected. That's not being objective. "
What evidence does the bible have?
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MeierTheRed

Its pretty clear the topic of this thread isn't evolution anymore, but rather regression.

vosco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By vosco
@DerekDanahy said:
" We know evolution happened. Do we know every specific detail about evolution? No. Will we? Probably. "
Enough said.  As for games and society, we have to try different things.  Think about it the original playstation controller evolved from no analog sticks to two analog sticks to six axis.  Not every evolution is good but you never will no know until you try.
martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By martindn

Hitman i feel really embarressed you might be related to me, adam and eve were the same right ? They had children which was the first humans, thus they committed incest, thus every single child that is born is a seed of incest right ?

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Oh right, now a scientist said gravity doesn't exist. I'm just saying, you ppl put too much stock in theories. It can change when one theory is better than another one. Ppl like darwin's theories because it supports their athesist belifs.

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/6004     

It goes like this: your hair frizzles in the heat and humidity because there are more ways for your hair to be curled than to be straight, and nature likes options. So it takes a force to pull hair straight and eliminate nature’s options. Forget curved space or the spooky attraction described by Isaac Newton’s equations. Dr. Verlinde postulates that the force we call gravity is simply a by-product of nature’s propensity to maximize disorder.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: Your dolphin example is ridiculous.  Of course animals plan.  Animals are not constantly impulsive creatures, they associate rewards and attention, otherwise they would simply die out from making poor, impulsive decisions.  I know this through common sense.   Bigger certainly does not mean better, by the way.  Again, this is common sense.  And if you want to reject my common sense, chalk it up to half a year of almost constant research into neurology, where one of the FIRST things I learned is that size of the brain does not matter, just the strength and plasticity of the brain's connections and functions. Human and dolphin evolution have nothing to do with each other; we're operating on two separate evolutionary tracks.
Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Leptok
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

@SeriouslyNow: Do you remember recently someone had a new theory of gravity? There was an article about it, there are new theories all the time. They aren't facts, rather they are theories. We know everything is pulled towards the center of the earth, however we have been hearing new theories.  

My point is these are only theories and they always upgrade to the best one they have at the time from a limited understanding. Yes I agree there is some sort of gravity, however it's theory is constantly being challenged, they really don't know for sure. We just accepted newton's explaination because it seems the best and no one has a better one. 

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/837805--new-theory-of-gravity-challenges-our-understanding-of-the-universe     "
Yeah, that is science, if something new comes along, with proof, then the view changes. Your arguments are based off a book that is 2k years old, and has not changed to take into account new facts.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

@SeriouslyNow: Do you remember recently someone had a new theory of gravity? There was an article about it, there are new theories all the time. They aren't facts, rather they are theories. We know everything is pulled towards the center of the earth, however we have been hearing new theories.  

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/837805--new-theory-of-gravity-challenges-our-understanding-of-the-universe     "
His theory doesn't disprove Newtonian physics.  It merely attempts to fit Gravity into the realm of String Theory, which is something which almost all String Theorists are attempting to do with many older theories, hence the oft mentioned, yet never attained 'Unifying Theory'.  That report is not scientific in nature but actually rather sensationalist.  

None of that justifies your bullshit bible misquotes or Illuminati BULLCRAP.  

Try again.  Or rather.  SEEK HELP.
Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Onno10

I never evolve my pikachu they're too cute!

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@DrPockets000: Let's say what your saying is true, then what animals would you say with good plasticity of their brain besides dolphins are there? You do know the different regions of the brain, they refer to the reptile brain. They call it the abdula oblongota, that's at the back of the brain stem. This explains agressive behaviors in reptiles. I don't remember the mammel brain or what's it's called, certain animals uses this more, apes and elephants, they have a social circle. Why is the frontal lobe important? Well no animals uses it, they are always switching their amigdala from their fight or flight response. They aren't really in control, rather they are acting on instinct.  

My point is the frontal lobe, it's the part of the brain that makes us human. To think foward, to learn a language, to plan. Something animals can't do well. Without our frontal lobes, we will be nothing except wild animals. Your not the only one who knows about the human brain.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@SeriouslyNow: Well you discounted my post, as an atheist would offering nothing in return with no counter points. Just like an atheist I talked to a thousand times here. Be an individual.  

Well the bible might be an old book, they predicted the birth of jesus and what will he do. Jesus changed the new testament and updated the text, as scientist do, upgrade their theories to the next best one, even if the process takes hundreds of years. He upgraded the theory by suggesting that gravity doesn't exist. Wait one scientist said it exist, the other one doesn't.
Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Leptok
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

@DrPockets000: Let's say what your saying is true, then what animals would you say with good plasticity of their brain besides dolphins are there? You do know the different regions of the brain, they refer to the reptile brain. They call it the abdula oblongota, that's at the back of the brain stem. This explains agressive behaviors in reptiles. I don't remember the mammel brain or what's it's called, certain animals uses this more, apes and elephants, they have a social circle. Why is the frontal lobe important? Well no animals uses it, they are always switching their amigdala from their fight or flight response. They aren't really in control, rather they are acting on instinct.  

My point is the frontal lobe, it's the part of the brain that makes us human. To think foward, to learn a language, to plan. Something animals can't do well. Without our frontal lobes, we will be nothing except wild animals. Your not the only one who knows about the human brain.

"
Yeah we needed more impulse control as we learned to farm and settled into larger and larger societies. Fight or flight works well in the wild, not so well when Fight kicks in and you punch a dude because he looked in your wifes general direction.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Leptok: Most of the impulsive ppl, the hunters, humans probally died off being the hunter and gatherer. You can't sustain yourself. Farming is the opposite, it involves schedules and not impulses, rather good worth ethics, waiting for crops, which might suggest an evolution of the brain. It's possible, however it's just a theory I heard from an ADD researcher who suggested that ADD ppl are just using an old model of the brain and couldn't sustain themselves. However ppl does have fight or flight reponses, they are usually ppl in gangs who are ego driven, which is purely the reptilian fight or flight ego reponse of the brain.  

It's always good to think ahead, use the frontal lobe. Without it, we can't play chess or plan ahead. That's my point, evolution and it's theory still didn't explain how we can think this way. My farmer theory is only a theory, however it's a good theory and better than darwin's. Maybe farming has upgraded ppl's brains from cromagnons. I'm just speculating, now I know how it feels like to be a theorist. I guess once trading had a value in the past, or growing crops, currency was introduced to exhange for value. Okay, i'm overly thinking this.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Well you discounted my post, as an atheist would offering nothing in return with no counter points. Just like an atheist I talked to a thousand times here. Be an individual.   Well the bible might be an old book, they predicted the birth of jesus and what will he do. Jesus changed the new testament and updated the text, as scientist do, upgrade their theories to the next best one, even if the process takes hundreds of years. He upgraded the theory by suggesting that gravity doesn't exist. Wait one scientist said it exist, the other one doesn't. "
Are you actually mentally retarded?  I already told you in no uncertain terms that I am NOT an atheist!  You don't understand what you read, either when it comes from me on a forum or in a article.

That scientist IS NOT saying that Gravity doesn't exist you moron.
Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Leptok

Ah fuck it dude. I don't care anymore. You claim to be open, but you have nothing. You'll keep dancing and we'll never get any real proof or anything close to it.  Have fun in your fantasy world, and I hope you don't multiply.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@SeriouslyNow: I'm not speaking to you if you are going to throw out insults at others. That's what all the athesist says when they get fustrated. You can't even control your own emotions when you have no logic to back up your statements athesist. Your accountable for your typical atheist behavior down to the letter.

No one in this thread has proof, I brought evidence and patterns, even explainations, non of you brought any. Then again not even I have absolute proof, no one does.  

It's not that i'm dancing around, I bought something, it's just you athesist are dismissing everything I bring that has a religious intent. Here is the pattern of an athesist, 1. ignore everything that speaks of spirtuality 2. dismiss everything with no proof 3. use insults as a last resort to manipulate your opponent if you can't win an arguement 4. then hold a grudge later on. Repeat from step 2.
martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By martindn

This guy is either an amazing satirist, or absoluteley fucking batshit crazy.

We should get him to feature on the friday show today, purewin.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: You just answered your own question on why human brains are more developed than dolphin brains.  
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: I'm not speaking to you if you are going to throw out insults at others. That's what all the athesist says when they get fustrated. You can't even control your own emotions when you have no logic to back up your statements athesist.  No one in this thread has proof, I brought evidence and patterns, even explainations, non of you brought any. "
I am not angry, but I do find it frustrating that you keep calling me something that I'm not.  You haven't brought any proof either, just a whole bunch of disparate information from a lot of unchecked sources held together by the most tenuous of ideas.  You don't even really understand or qualify most of the information you post and you can't even particularly explain your ideas because they don't bare any scrutiny.

For the last time, you pusillanimous worm, I'm not an atheist.  What I am is a person.  A sane person.
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#126  Edited By Hector

I believe evolution did happen. Everything is created to a process, nothing comes out of thin air.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@SeriouslyNow: What your an agonist now? Lol, your an atheist person who thinks he is grounded in reality. Since you like language, your style in thinking is in language. I bet you probally study computer science, that's right up your alley. While you are very normal, you get fustrated very easily. You like to think your smart, sane, grounded in reality. You like to think you can make sense of the world and when someone like me talks about something you can't easily see or hear, or an old book which many considers the book of truth, you dismiss it. You never once questioned your belif system, you accepted everything like what darwin said as truths. You probally try to be an individual, not follow the crowd, think for yourself, yet you don't realise you are totally manipulated like the masses. You live out your life trying to rationalize everything, yet sometimes you find it fustrating when things doen't go your way. Am I right?  

Your partially wrong, the world is chaotic, rationality doesn't mean effectiveness. The reality is you can't control everything, only certain things and you will benifit to realise what you can and can't control instead of trying to control everything. You don't study topics that are outside your interest that much. Perhaps you are someone with a dull emotional response to others in real life, being technical and robotic. You only find interested in a very select few subjects, which is deeply rooted in computers.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#128  Edited By Red12b
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @SeriouslyNow: What your an agonist now? Lol, your an atheist person who thinks he is grounded in reality. Since you like language, your style in thinking is in language. I bet you probally study computer science, that's right up your alley. While you are very normal, you get fustrated very easily. You like to think your smart, sane, grounded in reality. You like to think you can make sense of the world and when someone like me talks about something you can't easily see or hear, or an old book which many considers the book of truth, you dismiss it. You never once questioned your belif system, you accepted everything like what darwin said as truths. You probally try to be an individual, not follow the crowd, think for yourself, yet you don't realise you are totally manipulated like the masses. You live out your life trying to rationalize everything, yet sometimes you find it fustrating when things doen't go your way. Am I right? "

No, you're about as far from right as is humanly possible.  I've met morons before but I've yet to meet one quite as stubborn as you.  Enjoy your delusions of grandeur.

@Red12b said:
" "
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130  Edited By Oldirtybearon

My boy Hitman holding it down all the way from Trollville. Pure glory in this thread. 

Seriously dude, even if you're mental, handicapped, or just plain 4thalulz, you've got my respect for holding onto this b.s. this long. 

Truly, you are a troll of beauty.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: I love how you are operating under the delusion that you can expertly read users on the board.  It's coming across as incredibly hamfisted.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#132  Edited By toowalrus

Will you be my best friend?

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By martindn
@Red12b said:
" "
i lol'd so hard
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#134  Edited By Red12b
@KingWilly:  

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By X19
@HitmanAgent47: Wow you have been busy you need to stop playing so much 'Deus Ex' man because how can I take you seriously if you keep using conspiracies to prove your point. Your dolphin argument makes no sense you make it sound like it was a race between dolphins and humans to become the most evolved, evolution is a very slow process and works at different rates. The reason you perceive humans as evolving so fast is because we live along side technology at this current time.  

This Darwin argument is irrelavant also. You and I could go round the world for ten years and discover everything documented in his research. You can make up all the conspiracy you like about the man its a valid theory backed up with evidence you or I could easily find out for ourselves.

Some of your comments sound like your from a cult, did you even have science lessons at school lol. There is no proof for evolution, science only has theories at this time some stronger than others. You make out like you have proof when all you have is a theory and a weak one at that. You sound so desperate and angry towards atheists for them to see your point of view and then lash out if they disagree with a nonsense list trying to convince yourself that their way of thinking is inferior to yours. If you have no respect for other people no one will listen to you even if you have something valid to say, which you sadly don't.

I personally wish religion didn't exist but I have no problem with people who believe as long as they don't force it on other people. What does annoy me is kids who don't get to learn about science and all the religions before coming to their own conclusions by adulthood.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Red12b: Your someone who is mistaken, you probally are taller than most ppl, however you are a sensitive guy. You pride yourself on thinking with feelings. You talk slower than others because your trying to find the right words to explain your emotions. You probally are very social, you pride yourself on relationships. You probally have a girlfriend and you treat her well. You are a jerk sometimes, you try to be funny, yet your actually a nice guy in real life. You probally have a social circle of friends.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I guess you read Tarot and Crystal Balls too?

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@SeriouslyNow: Lol wut? what is I said accurate. Honestly maybe we should all agree to disagree or something. It's going nowhere. Evolution, religion and stuff like that are loaded topics, usually they don't end well. So maybe we can say, we have a difference of opinion. I say that to everyone, since most of you are atheist and belive in science fiction like darwin's theories.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: READ ME NEXT WHAT KIND OF PERSON AM I
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see that this thread is not evolving... 

Delightful read though.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Lol wut? what is I said accurate. Honestly maybe we should all agree to disagree or something. It's going nowhere. Evolution, religion and stuff like that are loaded topics, usually they don't end well. So maybe we can say, we have a difference of opinion. I say that to everyone, since most of you are atheist and belive in science fiction like darwin's theories. "
Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#143  Edited By Godot

Come join us, HitmanAgent47. We could use your talents in the Satanist Illuminati.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@SeriouslyNow: Don't ever write in my thread again in the future or talk to me. I'm glad I didn't work with you when you asked me to be the president of the pc fanboy club. You were going to be my technical sidekick. I knew I shouldn't trust you atheist.  

Let's agree to disagree because there is no way i'm ever agreeing with you. I mean you lost your temper consistenly and throw out insults. You are emotional, if you are angry, it's obvious you are not thinking. 

1. ignore everything that speaks of spirtuality 2. dismiss everything with no proof 3. use insults as a last resort to manipulate your opponent if you can't win an arguement 4. then hold a grudge later on. Repeat step 2.    
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @SeriouslyNow: Don't ever write in my thread again in the future or talk to me. I'm glad I didn't work with you when you asked me to be the president of the pc fanboy club. You were going to be my technical sidekick. I knew I shouldn't trust you atheist.   Let's agree to disagree because there is no way i'm ever agreeing with you. I mean you lost your temper consistenly and throw out insults. You are emotion, if you are angry, it's obvious you are not thinking. "

I've told you multiple times and you don't listen.  I'm not an atheist.  Never have been, never will be.  One can believe in god and trust in proven science.  I know that's hard for you to understand.  You have repeatedly called me an atheist just because I don't subscribe to your particular brand of crazy.  How is that fair?
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#146  Edited By Brendan

Why is that photoshop thread from HS21 locked?  I need to add some pictures...
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@HitmanAgent47: You have heard of something called "survival of the fittest?....Right? seriously?????
SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By SlashDance
@HitmanAgent47:  
Dude, stop using the word atheist like it's an insult. You sound like a fanatic.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By HitmanAgent47
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By DrPockets000
@SeriouslyNow: You are FORBIDDEN from ever posting in his thread again.  You were going to be his technical sidekick.  The world would have been YOURS!  You were his brother and he loved you!!  WHY???   

Also... 

@HitmanAgent47 said:
 You are emotion