• 117 results
corgorav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By corgorav

I've got some stuff too but It's all kinda different, more twisted and nonsensical. I mean, I too am a constant reloader and I always check all paths etc but all that stuff has certain logic to them, whereas the stuff I mentioned has no logic and is too embarrassing to speak of. It's kinda "if I don't do this weird thing, something bad is gonna happen", even if I know that nothing is gonna happen but just can't take that chance. I do that stuff in real life every day but the odd thing is I have to do it in games too :S

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Quacktastic

Caring way too much about in-game stat tracking.
Does anyone actually like seeing how many times they've died or how many bullets they've fired?  It's so stupid, but I can honestly say I have less fun in games that keep reminding me of how shitty I was playing at some earlier point.  I get mad when I catch myself caring but it always happens.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By btman

in MW2 i can't leave the green new sign up. i have to look at them all so it disappears.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I always reload after I kill an enemy, even if most of my clip is still full. That can be a good thing, and it can also be bad when you get attacked in the middle of reloading.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Skald

Ammo/money should be divisible by two or by five. Otherwise, it annoys me.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

mine are the usual 
keeping full ammo/life/loot and picking up more even tho i can't  

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By bubahula

in oblivion the loot in my house was never in a chest always placed carefully on shelves

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#58  Edited By BeachThunder

Things I always have to do in games:

• Explore everywhere (I use the wrong path method that others have mentioned)
  • Collect every collectible
  • Try to go through as many dialogue options as possible
  • If there's a part that I know I could pull off perfectly, I keep trying until I do it (eg. saving all of the crates in Mass Effect 2)
  • Saving. A lot.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@Bubahula said:
" in oblivion the loot in my house was never in a chest always placed carefully on shelves "
oh man, i even managed to make racks for my coats to hang on..... Yes I did find a way.
Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Damian

If a game map has fog of war over all the parts you haven't seen, I will make sure every bit of that fog gets off my damned map. I know that corner leads nowhere and may even throw me out of the level geometry, but damnit, I'm not going to just sit idly by while that fog mocks my cartography prowess. 

Oh, and moving corpses is stealth games that allow for it. Don't care that this was the only dude in the building. He's going to lay in the shadow behind the desk anyway.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ghostiet
  • I check every single corner, so there's a lot of backtracking.
  • I collect every piece of shit that lies on the ground. Arrows worth 0gp? AWWYEEAH
  • I'm always far ahead of the game, because I buy expensive equipment far too early in the game. I had Altair's Armor in Assassin's Creed II before I got the ability to buy more than one piece of the strongest armor from the blacksmith.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Capum15
@Damian said:

" If a game map has fog of war over all the parts you haven't seen, I will make sure every bit of that fog gets off my damned map. I know that corner leads nowhere and may even throw me out of the level geometry, but damnit, I'm not going to just sit idly by while that fog mocks my cartography prowess.  Oh, and moving corpses is stealth games that allow for it. Don't care that this was the only dude in the building. He's going to lay in the shadow behind the desk anyway. "

I agree with both (especially the Stealth kill one with AC2 - last guard in the building? Into the hay pile across the courtyard, or into the nearest thing of deep-enough water).

Even if it's one spent round, I always reload my magazine whenever there's a moment of silence. "I don't care if there's two guys in the building and I have 25 shots left, I'm going to sit here for a few seconds so I can reload."

I also try to look everywhere possible for any loot, no matter if I already know it's not there. Like, on a second run, "I know nothing ever appears there, but what if something appeared there?" Especially noticeable in ME2, where I mostly know where everything is but I still check the random nooks and cranny's where things don't spawn.

I smash everything that's smash-able or break everything that's break-able (usually, unless I'm in my "keep the place nice" phase ala Fallout 3). Even if they don't spawn items, I'll break 'em.

I tend set at least one item of armor, weapons and Misc items (Hammers, Rakes, Gnomes, etc) on tables and stuff in Fallout 3. Have two 100% conditioned rifles? One stays in the desk, another goes on the desk.

I also tend to compulsively check my map even if I've been to an area before (or had checked the map 10 times before hand, or have been there a hundred times).

Oh yeah, every single civilian town, village or city I come across in Just Cause 2 I absolutely have to 100%. If it's during a mission, immediately after the mission ends I'll go back to the area. End Mission > Lose HEAT > Extract/Drive/Fly to town.

@btman said:

" in MW2 i can't leave the green new sign up. i have to look at them all so it disappears. "

This, too.

Edit: @Ghostiet said:
"
  • I collect every piece of shit that lies on the ground. Arrows worth 0gp? AWWYEEAH
  • I'm always far ahead of the game, because I buy expensive equipment far too early in the game. I had Altair's Armor in Assassin's Creed II before I got the ability to buy more than one piece of the strongest armor from the blacksmith."
Oh, I totally forgot the first one. I tend to collect everything possible. And I get mad when something disappears before I get it. "Grah, stupid assault rifle I have 38 of disappeared on me." The Assassin's Creed one had the same thing happen to me. I got Altair's Armor before I unlocked the last three pieces. I had one unlocked and bought, and I even took the time out to buy the armor and weapons that were crappier than mine. Had to go back to the mansion to get my good gear back.
raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By raiz265

enhancing pokeballs by pressing B and up after it waggles the first time 

or something like that 

edit: I happen to rush games in 1 or 2 days... And never even try to hit 100% in singleplayer games. But... BFBC2 insignias here i come!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By EVO
I find certain sandbox games tend to drive me crazy. In particular, GTA IV. To this day I haven't finished it simply because it takes me multiple attempts to not only complete a mission, but be happy with how I went about completing it.

@btman said:
" in MW2 i can't leave the green new sign up. i have to look at them all so it disappears. "
Same here.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Always Reload. ALWAYS.
Never play on the easiest difficulty or second to easiest difficulty if their are four difficulties.
After a fight scavenge every corner for ammo (especially survival horror).
Upgrade every skill tree for the character.
Always play games when you feel you can play for a while.
Always take breaks with mindless shooters in between story heavy games.
Take your time. Never rush.
list goes on and on....

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By Astras

I also like roleplaying a crazy mudurer, It just usually happens all of a sudden.. I can be being really nice and caring then like a trigger I just turn into genecide.

I find it difficult to play and progress in GTA4 and Oblivion.. because I feel it is my duty to start killing innocents or getting the highest possible star rating possible. When playing GTA it just gets to a point where I convince myself "Youve wasted enough ammo trying to get out of this, you are past the point of no return.. start killing" it's a shame this happens every 15 mins or so.. i might actually get somewhere.

For about 3 or 4 hours I systematically killed everyone in Megaton (Fallout 3) trying to be as original as possible each time... using only a sledgehammer one time was pretty awesome, I liked opening up on the doctor.. taking all his stuff.. then up to the gun shop.. kill her make a stand.. get all ammo, run out, kill the snipers.. then killed everyone with a sledgehammer. Pretty sick, afterwards I let myself die while hitting the bomb in the middle of megaton with the sledgehammer even though I knew it wouldn't blow :P Maniac roleplay :P

redxnumber2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By redxnumber2

I constantly reload and I die a lot online because of this.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By sweep  Moderator

In a game with an inventory, everything must be ordered into categories and kept tidy. For example in resident evil 4 all my herbs had to be grouped together and arranged by colour.

Because when zombies come, it pays to be organised.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I will not leave a location in Just Cause 2 unless I have 100% finished the location.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@extremeradical said:
" Ammo/money should be divisible by two or by five. Otherwise, it annoys me. "
ahahahaha, this. Who has 13 bullets, for fucks sake?
Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mine are pretty common i think, When in an in game cut scene i always feel as if im in the wrong place, or im missing something important, this will lead to running around and missing something super important (endless cycle) like at the end of fallout 3 i ran off and missed what was being said.

when given two paths i will take both

in any FPS i always need to have a full clip, this leads to many stupid deaths (eg..  the need to reload an LMG with a clip size of 200 after killing someone with 10 bullets)

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By time allen

the only obsessive trait i have with games is if i am playing a shooter and i spot some ammo on the floor, i must pick it up, even if i have a full clip, meaning that i have to empty the current clip just to pick up the new one.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By Tordah
  • In Diablo 2 I always hoard gems and runes even though I know I will rarely have any use for them.
  • Generally, organising and keeping my inventory "clean".
  • If I know the right path to go I always check the wrong ones before taking the correct one.
  • In RPGs I always have to finish all available sub-quests before continuing with the main quest. Unfortunately this often leads to RPG burnout and I end up never finishing the game.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pazy

I reload every few seconds because I like the animations.

When there are multiple paths I have to take them all.

In an RPG I cant kill innocents even if they are ruining the game for me (the marriage system in Fable 2 specifically).

If I feel like I missed content I will return to an earlier save to see it.

I have to do all side missions even if they are boring, to the point where I can start to hate a game (like Mass Effect 1 which I ultimately went back to and ignored side missions and loved).

I have to smash all barrels etc. before leaving an area as well as collecting everything collectible before progressing.

I can play a game on easy or normal even if the harder difficulty makes it a really slow and annoying experience.

CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

Looking in every crate or whatever in fallout 3 and now borderlands.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PureRok
@CornontheCobbe said:

"n Zelda OoT, i roll everywhere as i also believe its faster.

This has been proven to be faster, for realzies, so it's not just your imagination. Although, Z-Targeting and running backwards is even faster than that.

I'm 100% serious.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@PureRok: Oh really? I thought it was just my imagination ^_^

Oh yeah, i totally forgot about Z-Targeting and back-flipping... Or was it that diagonal backwards side-step kind of movement? Can't remember as i have not played it for years :(
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#78  Edited By BeachThunder

Jumping and/or using melee weapons when I have to travel a long distance.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By Matfei90

In FPS's I reload my magazine inbetween engagements even if it's not totally empty.

And I love treasure hunt things, such as the flags/lightseeds in Assassins Creed and Prince of Persia, which I'm compelled to complete even if they don't earn you anything special.

TooLogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TooLogical

I used to hack at every single tree in every Legend of Zelda, including and prior to Link to the Past. I wants my hearts, yo. 

I Fire Wand every damn chicken in LttP just to see how long I could survive the onslaught of feral poultry.

In games with a minor relationship mechanic built in with multiple outcomes, (Mass Effect, Dragon Age:Origins, etc.) I make a separate save for each lady I have bedded. I think it's due to my secret longing to become a gigolo.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jNerd

In Force Unleashed & Darksiders I "force-dashed" a lot.  
In Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time, I have to collect ALL the bolts & walk through ALL the grass to get the hidden bolts.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#82  Edited By citizenkane
@CornontheCobbe said:
  • In a FPS, you have full ammo and have slayed every enemy in the room... yet you can't leave their weapon there, so you fire off a round, reload, and then pick up their weapon for ammo.
Finally!  Someone like me!!!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By iam3green

in FPS i usually have to fire randomly when i'm bored. 

reload all the time

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84  Edited By danielkempster

In Grand Theft Auto games from GTAIII onwards, if I get killed or busted, I have to reload from my last save. Even if I'm on my way to my safe house to save after completing a mission, and I come off a bike and die, it's off to the load screen for me. No idea why I do it, but I always do, without fail.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TwoLines

I don't know whether it was said or not- but I have to explore EVERY possible path before moving on.
If I went down the good path and can't turn back (usualy signified by a FMV/realtime scripted scene or a boss battle), I reset the game (sometimes after 30 minutes without a save point).
Even when there's nothing there- I'm not feeling bad or stupid after realizing it wasn't worth it.
And I'd do it again.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AgentofChaos

In nearly every game I obsessivley collect until I get bored of the game. Ironically I usually get bored because I spend so much time collecting.

Dyermaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dyermaker

In RTS games I often end up spending more time watching replays of top players than I do playing myself, because I feel that I don't have enough of a handle on the matchups, or the maps or something.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Illmatic

In FPS's, I have to reload after killing one enemy. It just doesn't feel right if I don't. Unfortunately, that also includes multiplayer.
In fighting games, I don't enjoy playing against people who stay back and bide time for openings and at the expense of a victory I usually just go all in to make the fight at least interesting for me. Rank isn't more important than fun.
In Splinter Cell, if I triggered an alarm at any point in the game I reloaded. Most likely a hold over from the first two where a set number of alarms triggered meant game over.
I also have a problem with Zelda where I pick up every heart container and rupee, even if my wallet and health are maxed out.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By Dalai
@dankempster said:
" In Grand Theft Auto games from GTAIII onwards, if I get killed or busted, I have to reload from my last save. Even if I'm on my way to my safe house to save after completing a mission, and I come off a bike and die, it's off to the load screen for me. No idea why I do it, but I always do, without fail. "
I do the exact same thing. 

Actually, GTA brings out the worst OCD tendencies, especially San Andreas for me.
Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

I ALWAYS reload after a kill.  That ends up really biting me in the ass when it's a game that measures ammo in clips (meaning if you reload you lose the ammo in the semi-empty clip) or occasionally online when there's probably an enemy ready to kill me right around the corner.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#91  Edited By Sooperspy
@AjayRaz said:
" ALWAYS reload after killing an enemy or group of enemies. i reload constantly (even when i don't even need to) which is why i got the Killzone 2's "reload manually 150 times" trophy so damn fast."

This
Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92  Edited By Computerplayer1

Any game that allows me to customize my character, especially their face, has to end up being perfect. I will sometimes go through like 20 character designs before I even start playing the game haha. I've been known to make a character, play the game for 10 or so hours, and decide I don't like the way my character looks so I start all over.

I also, like AjayRaz, reload ALL THE TIME. Shoot one bullet? Reload bitch.

If I'm playing Oblivion or Morrowind I have to be jumping everywhere I go.

In general, I also have to search every corner of every room or area before moving on.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By Ace829

I don't know if you would count this as OCD, but whenever I'm playing an action, platforming, shooting, or adventure game I try to play it as realistically as possible. For example, if I'm playing a FPS campaign I'll react to everything around me like as though I were there in real life (staring in awe and disgust at the dead bodies, explosions and points of interest. shooting at a realistic pace, or running frantically if there's a time limit.) or if I'm playing a platformer I always make sure I make little mistakes as possible to look like I'm kicking the level's ass.

Flaminglizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Flaminglizard

In a FPS, you have full ammo and have slayed every enemy in the room... yet you can't leave their weapon there, so you fire off a round, reload, and then pick up their weapon for ammo

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ViciousReiven

When playing a platformer that involves acrobatics (PoP, Mirror's Edge, etc) I must complete any acrobatic sequence perfectly without stopping for more than half a second between movements, if I don't I reload and try again.

In games with a quicksave/save anywhere function I'll constantly save after anything I do the way I want it to and reload if I fail, as an example in Fallout 3 I always clear buildings without being seen, save after any any proper kill, and reload if seen or if the enemy detects one of the kills.

Always reload, always, even if I'm just ducking behind cover to avoid hits and I have a nearly full magazine I'll reload anyway.

Shoot any objects that do things regardless of situation, including bells on fire alarms(MGS2) breakables and exploding barrels, corpses to prevent zombies, etc.

If a game has quicksave and killable NPCs I'll go on a massacre if I'm bored and then reload.

If an RPG let's you choose which character you control (FF6, Resonance of Fate, so on) I'll either choose the cutest girl or the most badass guy depending on who's available.

If I can customize a character's appearance I must spend forever messing with the settings to try to replicate a certain facial quirk someone I know has, and when I fail I'll replicate someone famous instead.

I only turn off my 360 with the media remote even though I usually never turn it on with it.

If a game has auto save and I see it say it's saving before I quit playing I'll always return to the main menu before exiting/turning off the console just to be safe.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MrKlorox

I have to read every tome and dialog selection in RPGs. This leads me to play fewer and fewer of such games.

I also hoard consumables and never use them. It takes like 5 minutes to open my loot chest in Oblivion with all the miscellaneous items that game has. And I stopped playing Fallout 3 with that as a contributing factor.

I'm never going to finish Just Cause 2 because I must 100% every location in an area before continuing.

I reload after one shot. I miss games that use the clip system where you lose the ammo inside the magazine if you reload and discard it without using it. I'll add that to my BF3 wishlist now that I think of it.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By crusnchill

ACHIEVEMENTS!

But just to state, my other overiding OCD is making sure that, nowadays, the achievements don't take away from the fun or compelling factors that the game was designed to convey to the player.
If they manage to do so, I'll then proceed to force myself to stop playing the game, to correct the problem before it gets bad.

As an example: I now can't even think about GTA IV without grimacing because collecting the "flying rats" was so tedious. These days it makes me get a bad taste in my mouth whenever I think about that game.

I mean collecting 200 pigeons in a heavily densely populated city will inevitably get tedious for anyone.
ESPECIALLY, if you use a guide and can't find the LAST FRICKN' ONE! So you have to go back to every single spot until you find it.

OCD's a real bitch sometimes! Lol.

AllJenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AllJenn

I played Starcraft so much that I would alt+q-q so many times when playing other games when I wanted to quit.

Raidou10k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Raidou10k
@ViciousReiven said:
"I only turn off my 360 with the media remote even though I usually never turn it on with it."  
I was sorta like this when I first got my 360, I just HAD to turn off the system by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller and then selecting "Turn off console". I did this at a friend's house once; when he asked me why I couldn't just use the big power button on the system itself, I felt like such an idiot.
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lawrens

- Not always but I usually buy an equal amount of items in RPGs, say if I have 20 antidotes, I'll have to have 20 for echo drops as well. This only applies to items that cures status ailments, I keep other items on numbers divisible by 5, phoenix down will always be at 5, 10, 15, 20.
- I never use elixir in RPGs, maybe once or twice but I don't remember ever using them, because I usually save them for desperate times, which never happens.
- I mash my buttons in FF games while waiting for the ATB bar to fill up, thanks to auto attack and faster nature in FF13 there wasn't a second where I'm not mashing the fucking button.
- I do the megaman jump zoning as well, I've only played through like 2 megamans
- I do the jump catching thing as well, but I don't remember which games they were
- For stealing in games such as FFXI and XII, I always do it right after a hit lands.
- In God of war games I never open chests unless I'm sure my HP is low enough to take full advantage of it, which pisses me off because a lot of time my HP is near full, they replenish your health if you beat a boss, but sometimes there are still chests around and I can't open them, it bugs me, fuck