What's your favorite game at the moment?

• 54 results
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

What is your favorite game right now? When I say favorite, I more or less mean which game you keep coming back to the most in addition to enjoy playing the most.

How many hours have you played it (approximately) and why do you replay it?

If your favorite game is a game you only played through once, I'd sure be curious to hear why you consider the game you played only once is still your favorite game.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

My all time favorite game is The Witcher 1. I usually don't replay games, but I played through this twice (even if that was only because I'd lost my saves for importing into The Witcher 2)

I love the choices, the consequences, the music, the tone and atmosphere, it's characters and almost everything about this game. Super excited for TW3. Here's a lengthy blog I wrote about my love for the game http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/armaan8014/blog/i-finally-know-which-my-favorite-game-is/61486/

Also love the Mass Effect series. (ME3 would be my favorite. Lot of great, emotional moments)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It's either Pokemon Heartgold or Symphony of the night. I absolutely adore both games and regularly go back and replay them. They're sort of gaming comfort food for me. While I'm not completely sure how much time I've put into Sotn, I can with certainty say I've put in at least a few hundred hours into the various versions of the gen 2 games since they first came out in 1999, all of which are more or less the same. Heartgold and Soulsilver being wonderful the remakes that came out several years ago on the Ds.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zevvion

My all time favorite game is The Witcher 1. I usually don't replay games, but I played through this twice (even if that was only because I'd lost my saves for importing into The Witcher 2)

I love the choices, the consequences, the music, the tone and atmosphere, it's characters and almost everything about this game. Super excited for TW3. Here's a lengthy blog I wrote about my love for the game http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/armaan8014/blog/i-finally-know-which-my-favorite-game-is/61486/

Also love the Mass Effect series. (ME3 would be my favorite. Lot of great, emotional moments)

You are the first person of everyone I know and don't know, that also likes ME3 best. I thought I would never see someone else liking it as much.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By NMC2008

Punch Out Wii, I have played through this game probably 13 times so far, I am on my 14th run currently at Challenger Mode Great Tiger.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My go-to games at the moment are Pokemon (gen 3 and onward, trying to fill out my Pokedex) and Binding of Isaac. I've also recently been playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance a ton, but I think I am done with that since I completed it on Revengeance difficulty and went through all the DLC.

If we're talking all-time then Dark Souls, A Link to the Past and Super Mario Bros. 3 are probably top 3 without thinking too hard about it.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By armaan8014
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I play a Phoenix Wright game every night before I sleep. For the past 4 years.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Ah you mean you love it too? :) We may be a minority, but a lot of people seem to prefer it over the other 2 (which surprised me too).

I can't remember which Giantbomb thread it was where I read a lot of people's comments on 3 being their favorite. If I find it I'll let you know :D

Yeah, 3 is my favorite in the series. The combat from 1 to 2 was a complete overhaul (which was a good thing), but from 2 to 3 it was expanded and fine tuned to near-perfection. More precise. So many more combo's. Especially the multiplayer made the combat system really stand out to me. I was also quite impressed how they wrapped up almost all of the significant side-stories in a respectable manner. Mordin's dilemma, Geth vs Quarians, the genophage etc. I liked how they listened to fan feedback from the second game where people complained how every category of weapon only had 2-3 different weapons in the entire game, and they added a large amount of weapons in 3. Each of them with their own feel, pro's and con's. Weapon customization was brought back and better than before. I also think the Citadel DLC is the best DLC in the series. Finally, I didn't think the ending was that bad actually. I was a bit disappointed by it, but after playing Leviathan, I saw it in a new light and sort of liked it? Maybe it's just me not reading sci-fi books, but I never heard a story like it before. So it was pretty cool for me.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@zevvion: I'm kinda with you on ME3. I didn't think it was better than ME2 on my first playthrough at launch, but about a year later I went through the entire series with all of the DLC purchased, and the emotional payoffs you get in ME3 simply are profound. Never mind the ending, but curing the genophage, learning about the nature of the reapers, and ending the Quarian-Geth war were some of my favorite video game moments ever. Don't even get me started on all the laughing and crying I did over Citadel.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I often count Planescape: torment as my favorite, but I've only played through it once. I guess maybe I felt that I played how I wanted and I didn't find any value in playing it through with other choices and such a second time. Will probably play it again someday, but I felt so satisfied that I didn't see the point of replaying it again in the forseeable future.

If we talk about a game I love and have played alot, then it gotta be Persona 4. Beat the original 2 times, golden 2 times and is on my third playthrough to get all the trophies. Mass effect was kinda like that but I haven't played through any of those games since 3. Don't know, I just don't feel like it anymore...

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

Team Fortress 2. It's the game I keep firing up when I'm bored out of my mind.Though in the last week or two I have been playing a lot of Pokemon X while I wait for green to arrive in the mail so I can start my crazy crusade to catch them all.

BoltsQ8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now Plantside 2 , its the most epic FPS experience I ever had , and I just finished The witcher 2 for the third time and I can say easily its my best WRPG of all time , its the only game I enjoyed the second playthrough more than the first !

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Vagrant Story. Stuff I've played recently: Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Dragon's Crown, Diablo 3 , and Hearthstone; not to say all of those are all time favorites; that's just what I'm playing whilst waiting for Dark Souls 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just poured almost 80 hours into Just Cause 2 and got 98.67% completion when I finally decided to beat the campaign. I've been playing this game on and off for months, just trying to get EVERYTHING, and I'd say it's one of my favorite games since it's such a good podcast game. Just driving around, completing towns, or blowing shit up is mindless, and allows you to do something while also listening to podcasts. I'm not going to try for the last 1.33% of content though, I'm not that insane, haha.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: Did you do the Wrecking Ball shit?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Filling out these tax forms. WHooooo!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By emfromthesea

Shadow of the Colossus.

I'll occasionally go back to it (or rather the HD remake) from time to time. Still holds up.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By armaan8014

@boltsq8 said:

I just finished The witcher 2 for the third time and I can say easily its my best WRPG of all time , its the only game I enjoyed the second playthrough more than the first !

SAME here! Actually I was quite disappointed with my first playthrough of W2 as I had completely deifferent expectations from it, and wanted it to be as similar to TW1 as possible. But it felt as if they'd pulled a Mass Effect 2 and replaced all the emotion with just good gameplay.

But since I love the Witcher series so goddamn much (and since I bought a powerful laptop that could run it maxed out), I decided to give it another try. This time I knew what the game was like so I didn't have any misplaced expectations, plus I studied about the political plots going on in the game (from this excellent analysis).

So with re aligned perspectives and a realization that the strength of the plot had only shifted from a personal story to a epic, political, game of thrones-esque one, I found myself immensely enjoying the game deeply. Also, this time I took Roach's path rather than Iovreth's, and it felt like a completely new game. I feel the storyline/world/quests in this path were better too.

_Dad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite Game: Hotline Miami

Current Favorite: The Walking Dead (I'm falling in love with Point & Click...)

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My all time fav. are a few, but I will sayHalf Life 2 . The couple of others would not be earth shattering to you as far as anything novel.

My fav. for the moment is Demon souls. I am warming up to it, and I am feeling more at home with it as I did Dark Souls, once I get a few level ups under my belt. And in this case a reinforced winged spear.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite of all time: Ocarina of Time

Favorite Right Now: Either Bravely Default or Stick of Truth.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Currently I am playing a lot of Awesomenauts. I saw it on the PS4 store and remember always wanting to give it a go. I thought it was kind of lame at first, but I kept playing. I probably put 8 hours into it already this weekend and still have an urge to play more, which is really surprising for me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm currently loving Tales of Symphonia all over again just like when I was in my teens! <3

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got hooked on Pixel Junk Mosters HD. Actually my first tower defense game ever. Compelling and relaxing. Great stuff.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets say the past 5 years

May still be Xenoblade. Or Arkham City.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim holds a special place in my gaming heart. I love it. Right now though I keep going back to Spelunky. I can sit back, relax, listen to a podcast and have fun trying to beat the game.

(I've beaten it a couple of time and have also beaten it the hard way. Pro tip. If you're running short on bombs make your way through the space ship).

darknath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By darknath

The Last of Us, Skyrim, HL2 and Pokemon Firered.. can't really decide between em'.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite game at the moment, or at least the one I'm most enjoying and putting the most time into, is Rune Factory 4. My taste in games has always been pretty varied, but I never really got into games like these. If you are willing to try something a bit different, I'd say give it a go. You might be surprised.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In the last few years after being introduced to the Ace Attorney franchise I think I now consider Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney to be my favourite game of all time. Previously I would have said either Ocarina of Time or Banjo-Kazooie was my favourite but I just haven't gone back to those as often as the first Ace Attorney game. The rest of the franchise is also awesome.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My favorite game has been Persona 3 since I first played it.

At the moment though, I've been playing an unhealthy amount of Hearthstone.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Capum15

All time is Mercenaries 2. Because it's Mercenaries 1 but more, and EA shut down Pandemic and cancelled 3.

Right now, Persona 4 Golden.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I would have to say Mass Effect and consider the series one game with 3 parts. I have put at least 100 hours over multiple playthroughs into each game, own all the DLC (even the cosmetic stuff) and still regularly get the itch to play those games. I know they aren't perfect but the faults in those games don't bother me one bit and whenever I get to a point where I don't know what to play I can always come back to Mass Effect.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#34  Edited By audioBusting

It's been Dark Souls for about a year now, and incredibly enough I still haven't completed it. I'm kind of hesitant to rush through it since I love it so much that I don't want it to ever end.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

All time? Let's go with Heroes of Might and Magic III.

Right now? Bravely Default... though I'm starting to turn on that game.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Bioshock Infinite is my favourite game at the moment. The game oozes depth. It had a long development and it shows. It has a very detailed and awesome background, interesting chatter, black and white short films similar to the first real atempts at moviemaking, and a fantastic story full of great characters. I love it, and it's not even in a genre - fps - I like that much.

Although the game I come back to is The Last of Us because of its slow pace. It's awesome for relaxing.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this very moment? I'm infatuated with Devil May Cry 2013. I'm on my 3rd back-to-back-to-back playthrough and typically I don't have more than an hour a day for games.

This gen: Mass Effect series, Bioshock series and Uncharted 2.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oldenglishc

I got bored last night, wiped my save file, and started fresh on my fourth play through of P4G. So that would have to qualify as my current favorite.

Phantasy Star IV and Shadow Hearts:Covenant will probably always be punching it out for my all-time best.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noby Noby Boy.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AC IV currently. inFamous Second Son is set to dethrone it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Persona 4, its the game I fall back on whether it is watching the ER or playing Golden to pass sometime over a month or two.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By generic_username

I'm unable to put down Pokemon X at the moment.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football Manager

40 hours this week

no I don't have a problem

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

MGS will always be my heart's first love. SNAAAAAAKE! I WILL BE WATCHING YOU, UNDERSTAND?

Recently it's FTL.

All day, every day.

Joe_Wildheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue Legacy. Just can't stop playing it. Every time I die, I just think one more go, then I end up playing for another hour. Then that cycle continues.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#46  Edited By Kidavenger
Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the mass effect games. I Have no Idea how long I've played them but I've finished them at least 10 times.
I also bought all the versions with almost all the DLC for each platform, 360, PS3 and PC.

If they end up putting out the trilogy on PS4, I will probably buy it again...

Bobbyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bobbyr

Not sure if it really counts, but I really liked the FF XIV PS4 beta. I definitely want to play some more when it comes out even though it's Fetch Quest Simulator 2014

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got back into Skyrim, doing the classic serial killer run, it's probably up there.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is still my all-time favourite game though. I go back to it every few years and the only thing that doesn't hold up is the length, still tons of fun though. (Also, I listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis, Alexander Brandon is a genius.)

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've been trying out a slew of games recently. Just seeing if anything grabs me; nothing has so far. I even tried a bunch PS1 and PS2 JRPGs of all things, but they can't hold my interest for long. I bought that Ferrari AssCar game on Steam and it did nothing for me either. I'm about to try God Hand right now. I'll probably get bored of it as well.