What should I play next Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3?

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What should I play next Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3? (108 votes)

Fallout 4 17%
The Witcher 3 83%

So I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider last night, and can't decide which main game I want to tackle next.

I haven't much previous experience playing either of these franchises previous games. So far in Fallout 4 I've played about 90 minutes making my character and getting to right before you pick up the Pipboy. In the Witcher 3, I've put in 3 or 4 hours in the first starting area (White Orchard), but haven't played the game since July.

I'm playing both of them on PS4. I know Fallout 4 just got a patch this week, but wonder if that really improved performance stability? The Witcher 3 seems like it would be more stable since it came out earlier and seems like CD Projekt Red constantly patched it.

• 
Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You like Medieval setting or post apocalyptic setting?Also sword or guns?

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've played a bit of both already, are you really not pulled towards either?

-

Play Witcher 3 if only because it has been out longer. I love Fallout 3 but Bethesda games seem to benefit more than most by waiting a little while.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After spending a lot of time with both games, I'd say go for Witcher 3. It felt like a more cohesive experience, and I thought the world and characters were way more interesting than Fallout 4.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Witcher 3, absolutely no contest here.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Both? Why would you only play 1 game at a time?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

Witcher 3 is a way better game, but Fallout 4 has its advantages. Namely that you can potentially clear the story much much quicker. They're also just very different games. Witcher 3 is definitely much more stable and has had numerous patches compared to Fallout 4 though. Fallout 4 runs better than the series did last gen, but it's certainly not free of performance problems.

I'll give my vote to Witcher 3 anyway, since it's probably my GOTY, while Fallout 4 is just alright.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The Witcher 3 because once you start playing Fallout 4 it will amazing and you won't be playing anything else for years to come (exaggerating, but it is really good).

Witcher 3 is technically a better game, but undoubtedly will not hold you as long. I don't mean that as a slight, that's just how it goes sometimes. For me Witcher 3 is a cool game to play a lot, stop playing for no reason in particular and come back to again in the future.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had this same dilemma a few weeks ago, except I hadn't started either game. I ultimately chose Fallout 4 because for some reason I'm always drawn to dystopian games around Christmas time. I'm saving Witcher 3 for January, when the inevitable snow will trap me in the house. My impression is that it seems like a warmer game. And I'll need that for the snowy time.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@alexw00d said:

I only play one game at a time. I don't like jumping between different narratives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fec4bd038fdf
deactivated-5fec4bd038fdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Witcher 3. There's a genuinely good story in there, combat gets more nuanced and dynamic, and it's an interesting world. Fallout 4 is great but it's really just more of the same.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: I am going to be playing a couple of other games just not as my main focus. Battlefront every so often when I need bit of a break, for a couple of matches. I also plan to work through Yoshi’s Wooly World over the next week or two, but probably won't play than a couple of hours at a time.

Thanks, looks like I am going to check out the Witcher 3 next.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both games are fantastic but Fallout is newer so it probably has more patches incoming to make the experience even better. The Witcher is already pretty damn refined so I would start there.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'd go with Witcher 3, especially because you're on PS4.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm quite liking the Witcher for what its worth. I'm put off Fallout 4 by virtue of it appearing like a lackluster Fallout 3.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

I'd say Witcher 3 since it's been out longer and thus is more stable. Fallout 4 is more my thing personally, but the more time Bethesda has to patch it, the better your experience will be.

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's funny you asked this question as I have, in some respects, enjoyed both games... However there's a catch, I've been playing both at the same time and so here's the one thing I've pulled away from this endovoure. The pacing of the witcher is hard to deal with after putting it down for an extended period of time and thus feels like it drags and is difficult to invest myself in unlike fallout where I feel I can do something for 10 to 15 minutes and feel like I've completed a task or so (be it scraping or continuing to build a base or wonder around and run into something strange).

I do understand that this is my personal opinion and felt that it could offer insight as I don't quite know your gaming habits. Beyond that they are both great games and both have their respective issues I suppose it comes down to taste and time frame.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've played about 30 hours of each. I say Witcher 3 but if you have a choice I would do neither.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@alexw00d said:

I mostly play multiplayer stuff or mechanics-focused games without a story, but when I am playing a 'normal' 'big-budget' 'retail' single-player game, I don't like jumping to a different game until I'm done with the one I'm on, whether that be because I finished it or because I decided it wasn't for me.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@alexw00d: I purposefully limit myself to one game at a time. I used to have a really bad habit of not finishing games on the PS3. I would find myself playing 3-4 games at the same time and would end up only beating 1 or 2 of those before a new game distracted me from the others. So when I bought my PS4 I started a one game at a time policy. I allow some exceptions based on the length and type of game I'm currently playing. For example I wouldn't limit myself just to an online focused game like a FPS.

I haven't played Fallout 4 yet so I can't say which one I prefer more. If you're not pulled either way in terms of the gameplay or setting then the general consensus seems to be that the Witcher 3 is the more stable of the two currently.