What's The Plan Going Forward, Studio-wise?

shaunsharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I haven't had a chance to listen to all of the most recent podcasts, so maybe this was covered, but I'm wondering what's going on with the studios (specifically the West Cost)? I know GB was sold to a different company as part of CBS Interactive recently, but I didn't know if Jan tearing down the studio was because of that or what. Are they moving to a different location? Are they just tearing everything down until Covid has been dealt with and they're able to start working from the office again?

Just curious about their plans for the future.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

My understanding was that they're moving to a different part of the same building.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

There was a spam post on the board earlier about how Elon Musk plans to send a spaceship to Mars soon.

The GB West staff all lives in California, which is rapidly becoming uninhabitable due to constant forest fires that turn the sky black and ALSO rising housing costs, which is a hell of a combination if you ask me.

Jan just tore down the studio.

Do the math people. Do the math.

Hopefully the chat server will be located on Earth and sync with our feed of the video, because if the chats during stream have to travel to Mars and back they're never going to make sense with what's going on with the videos.

Also expect postage prices for submissions to future mail bags to be much, much, higher.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

My understanding was that they're moving to a different part of the same building.

Yes, we are moving from the 1st floor to the 5th floor. There is definitely talk of a new studio but we need to get back into the building before that happens and, with the way COVID is going, that's probably not going to be sometime mid-2021. So ultimately I believe we'll have a new studio upstairs and I know people are excited to get to work on it but it'll probably be a while yet!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They need to recover from E3